Author Topic: Liverpool vs Watford, Sunday 6th November, 2.15pm  (Read 34190 times)

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool vs Watford, Sunday 6th November, 2.15pm
« Reply #120 on: November 4, 2016, 05:10:16 am »
Michael Oliver is the referee. Seems like we have a good record overall when he refereed.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2016, 05:14:02 am by vallapureddy »

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 4, 2016, 06:58:54 am »
hopefully this liverpool side have come to a stage whereby it doesn't matter who is the ref, we should be good enough to swat aside teams.

That said, this Watford side have been pretty good this season, and is the type of game that is reminiscent of WBA etc. The media think we'll slip up, some pundits are going "ooooooooh ahhhhh you know, it's Liverpool they've already slipped up against Burnley, and haven't lost since so we know it's gonna happen".. FUCK OFF you bellended pricks... we are LIVERPOOL LA LA LA LA!

I believe we'll win, i don't think it'll be the easiest of games and i genuinely think that their front 2 are a real threat, but i think we have more than enough ammunition to deal with it.

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #122 on: November 4, 2016, 07:58:32 am »
Statistics don't necessarily validate your point. They are an analytical tool. In reality in the 2 games Moreno has played this season, we have conceded 2 goals directly from him not stopping the cross. I can't remember the same of Milner.
Spurs this season.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline morrisonlfc

• Main Stander
  • Life is only a dream
« Reply #123 on: November 4, 2016, 10:27:28 am »
I'm 30 today, and I'm going on Sunday.... Please win Reds, it will be a nice present :)

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: November 4, 2016, 11:35:05 am »
Statistics don't necessarily validate your point. They are an analytical tool. In reality in the 2 games Moreno has played this season, we have conceded 2 goals directly from him not stopping the cross. I can't remember the same of Milner.
This is a pretty meaningless stat. Overall crosses allowed would tell us more but even that would have so many variables.

I'm not saying your overall view is wrong, just that the stat you've given is meaningless.

Offline greg9r

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #125 on: November 4, 2016, 12:02:28 pm »
I'm 30 today, and I'm going on Sunday.... Please win Reds, it will be a nice present :)

all the best mate  :wave

Offline Chris@BritishLegion

• Boys Pen
« Reply #126 on: November 4, 2016, 12:21:49 pm »
Dear Liverpool fans, my name is Chris and I work for The Royal British Legion.

I just wanted to let everyone on the forum know that during Liverpool’s  game versus Watford, the club will wear shirts embroidered with a poppy in show of Remembrance. These shirts will be signed and auctioned with all proceeds kindly donated to the Legion.

Liverpool FC have been big supporters of the Legion by displaying the poppy on their shirt, allowing us to raise incredible amounts to support the future of the living and also help us uphold the memory of fallen. If you would like to own a piece of Red’s  memorabilia whilst also supporting the Legion please keep a look out on the club’s official channels for when the auction goes live between late November and December.

For more information on our partnership with the all Premier League clubs during the Poppy Appeal please visit http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-involved/partner-with-us/premier-league/

Many thanks for reading, and to the moderators, apologies if this appears to be an advert-type post

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #127 on: November 4, 2016, 12:34:21 pm »
When's the last time we came up against Kaboul? Does he generally play well against us?
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 4, 2016, 12:36:48 pm »
3 - 1 to us and maybe they will score a dodgy jammy goal first,but eventually succumb to the pressure and concede

Loris,Nathaniel,Joel,Dejan,James*,Jordan,Emre,Adam,Phil,Sadio,Roberto

*if not fit,Alberto

Oh. First names.

Why does that sound and read terribly.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #129 on: November 4, 2016, 12:42:37 pm »
Saw these v West Ham a few weeks ago and despite being 2-0 down, they always seemed to look dangerous. Seemed to have a lot of big players in the team too. I don't think the manager is one for sitting back or parking the bus, so I don't expect them to be any different. They had a bad start but have bounced back well. I don't know enough about them, but they do seem to be missing a couple of first team players for this game - Prodl and Success.

It's another game that we need to win if we are serious about getting top four or beyond. We are turning Anfield into something of a fortress, unbeaten in a long time there now - need to keep that going for as long as we can.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 4, 2016, 12:51:23 pm »
We will win and come away with 3 points
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Hilbre

• Kemlynite
« Reply #131 on: November 4, 2016, 01:13:16 pm »
If Watford play 3-5-2 they'll get battered. Three at the back won't be enough to stop us so they'll end up playing 5 at the back which will leave three in midfield to be overrun and their two guys up front won't get a touch.

If they are daft enough to go 3-5-2 we'll be four up by half time and set for a record score.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 4, 2016, 01:19:36 pm »
We will win and come away with 3 points

What if we win but come away with less than 3 points? Grounds for concern?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 4, 2016, 01:20:42 pm »
If Watford play 3-5-2 they'll get battered. Three at the back won't be enough to stop us so they'll end up playing 5 at the back which will leave three in midfield to be overrun and their two guys up front won't get a touch.

If they are daft enough to go 3-5-2 we'll be four up by half time and set for a record score.
"Daft enough" to go with a shape that's been pretty successful for them this season?
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 4, 2016, 01:21:59 pm »
What if we win but come away with less than 3 points? Grounds for concern?
Ask Everton for advice. They've been winning without winning for years.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Hilbre

• Kemlynite
« Reply #135 on: November 4, 2016, 01:28:54 pm »
"Daft enough" to go with a shape that's been pretty successful for them this season?

It has but they haven't played a team that will dominate them the way we will and exploit the spaces their formation allows.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 4, 2016, 01:31:55 pm »
It has but they haven't played a team that will dominate them the way we will and exploit the spaces their formation allows.
So what shape do you think they should play?

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 4, 2016, 01:39:24 pm »
Don't care about performance..
Don't care about giving them a spanking..
Don't care about scoring 5 goals..

All I want are the 3 points and a clean sheet.. in that order..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #138 on: November 4, 2016, 01:53:11 pm »
Interesting how they will cope without our fluid front 4/5/6 especially with a back 3 and plus the centre of their back 3 Sebastian Prodl looks to be injured .

Get it right and we could rip them apart .

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #139 on: November 4, 2016, 02:13:30 pm »
Dear Liverpool fans, my name is Chris and I work for The Royal British Legion.

I just wanted to let everyone on the forum know that during Liverpool’s  game versus Watford, the club will wear shirts embroidered with a poppy in show of Remembrance. These shirts will be signed and auctioned with all proceeds kindly donated to the Legion.

Liverpool FC have been big supporters of the Legion by displaying the poppy on their shirt, allowing us to raise incredible amounts to support the future of the living and also help us uphold the memory of fallen. If you would like to own a piece of Red’s  memorabilia whilst also supporting the Legion please keep a look out on the club’s official channels for when the auction goes live between late November and December.

For more information on our partnership with the all Premier League clubs during the Poppy Appeal please visit http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-involved/partner-with-us/premier-league/

Many thanks for reading, and to the moderators, apologies if this appears to be an advert-type post

From this former member of the RAF, many thanks for the work you continue to do.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 4, 2016, 02:33:12 pm »
Interested to see if Watford go for it and start with 2 up top and also interested in how we'd deal with with that. As of yet our CBs have only had to deal with a loan striker if I remember correctly. Obviously two up top would leave much more space for our attackers though. They're more than likely going to try fast counters so I wouldn't be against keeping moreno in the side.

Really looking forward to this. Although that seems to apply to every game these days.

Italian managers love to tweak tactics to respond to individual games so, like Guidolin did at Swansea, I expect they won't just come out playing their usual way. Be interesting to see what he tries.

I think last season they played Ighalo almost on the wing, trying to contain us, and it blunted them significantly. Assuming they play both strikers up front and come at us, I'm confident we can outscore them. I'd imagine this could be a fun game for a neutral

Saw these v West Ham a few weeks ago and despite being 2-0 down, they always seemed to look dangerous. Seemed to have a lot of big players in the team too. I don't think the manager is one for sitting back or parking the bus, so I don't expect them to be any different. They had a bad start but have bounced back well. I don't know enough about them, but they do seem to be missing a couple of first team players for this game - Prodl and Success.

Prodl is a giant, so him being out should help us win any last resort long balls and weaken them at set pieces.

Think your first point is a good one. Also, Deeney really leads by example. He puts everything into a game, and expects the same of his colleagues. He reminds me of Suarez in that sense. So no switching off at 2-0!
« Last Edit: November 4, 2016, 02:47:13 pm by Classycara »

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 4, 2016, 03:12:47 pm »
Lots of we are going to smash these.  We are going to rip them apart.  Could be a high score etc etc.

Here comes a 1 nil defeat then....

Lets not be over confident, patience if we don't get an early goal.  Don't give away silly set pieces.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 4, 2016, 03:52:36 pm »
Italian managers love to tweak tactics to respond to individual games so, like Guidolin did at Swansea, I expect they won't just come out playing their usual way. Be interesting to see what he tries.

I think last season they played Ighalo almost on the wing, trying to contain us, and it blunted them significantly. Assuming they play both strikers up front and come at us, I'm confident we can outscore them. I'd imagine this could be a fun game for a neutral
Yeah I'd be surprised if Mazzari opts for one up front and I'll be pretty happy if he does; it'll make it easier for us to pin them in and harder for them to exert pressure on our defence.

As with most matches this season, if we're on our game and get a rhythm going then we'll win. If we're a little off, then I think this might be trickier than some are expecting and we might have to come from a goal down to get the victory (which we're more than able to do - see Swansea). They'll want to make the start pretty frenetic and try to put us under pressure, which may well work for twenty minutes, especially given their physicality. However, once the game settles down and becomes less condensed, it'll be in our hands.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 4, 2016, 03:52:53 pm »
Need to be on our guard against these 3 point please.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 4, 2016, 04:32:09 pm »
Anyone going the game on Sunday?

I think it would be really nice to give Danny Ings a good minute's appreciation (applause and singing) on 28 minutes to show our support for a lad who has had the worst luck since he joined us just over a year ago.

Let's show him what being part of our club is all about, and that we are behind him all the way as he battles another physical injury but has to deal with it mentally as well.

On 28 minutes; "Sing for Ings".

Hope we don't do this. Think there's already too much of this in football now. All the minutes silences are bad enough, completely diluting the meaning.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #145 on: November 4, 2016, 04:42:00 pm »
Score early and i think we win this match comfortably.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 4, 2016, 04:44:29 pm »
Hope we don't do this. Think there's already too much of this in football now. All the minutes silences are bad enough, completely diluting the meaning.

See nothing wrong with just giving it a good rendition at some point.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 4, 2016, 04:46:47 pm »
See nothing wrong with just giving it a good rendition at some point.

exactly. always better when it's impromptu. especially if the team have earned us a chance to enjoy a good sing while closing a game out (singing happy birthday to kenny, joking with shearer he should have stayed on MOTD and stuff like that)

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 4, 2016, 05:05:34 pm »
I like Klopps words about "playing angry" it's something he's said before and I think its the perfect attitude for these types of games where
there is a danger of taking it a little easy and thinking the game is won before its started. We're at home and the other team want our 3 points
and that's not going to happen!! that is the sort of attitude we need for these types of games and it seems like Klopp thinks the same way and
is aware of the dangers playing teams that on paper should be easier can give you.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #149 on: November 4, 2016, 05:06:33 pm »
Another game where we are more than capable of winning comfortably. Deeney and Ighalo will cause us problems with set pieces but I just think we have too much up front. If we play to the standard we have been, particularly the front 3, then we will have too much for them. I will go for 3-1 with the inevitable lack of a clean sheet.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Roarin-red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #150 on: November 4, 2016, 05:25:02 pm »
Still waiting on this cricket score we're gonna produce!! Watford were pretty shit against Hull. I'm thinking it will be this week. 5 zip to our fine selfs :D

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #151 on: November 4, 2016, 06:23:50 pm »
Just had a look at the training photos on the official site .....forgive me for asking but is sturridge injured or something ? can't see him on any of them

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 4, 2016, 06:35:57 pm »
So what shape do you think they should play?

Rhombus of Doom
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #153 on: November 4, 2016, 06:38:03 pm »

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 4, 2016, 06:40:02 pm »
The Tetrahedron of Terror.
The Diamond of Devilry.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #155 on: November 4, 2016, 06:40:20 pm »
The Tetrahedron of Terror.

The parallelogram of panic! (Am I doing it right?)
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #156 on: November 4, 2016, 06:41:13 pm »
The Polygon of Power!

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: November 4, 2016, 06:45:49 pm »
The Hexagon of Horror!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 4, 2016, 06:54:01 pm »
The Decahedron of Destruction
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #159 on: November 4, 2016, 06:54:53 pm »
Just had a look at the training photos on the official site .....forgive me for asking but is sturridge injured or something ? can't see him on any of them

No Origi or Lovren either. However, Klopp has said no injuries atm (Besides Ings).