Author Topic: Spyin' Kop - Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 19th February, 16:30  (Read 7250 times)

Offline Dave_Rob7

• Anny Roader
  • build Liverpool into a bastion of Invincibility
    • http://twitter.com/#!/DavidRoberts40
Spyin' Kop - Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 19th February, 16:30
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:04:09 pm »

Venue : Anfield
                                                                     Date : Sunday, 19th February 2011
                                                                     Time : 16:30 UK Time
                                                                     Referee : Andre Marriner

FA Cup results 2012 – Liverpool

3rd Round – Liverpool 5 – 1 Oldham
                                                                     4th Round – Liverpool 2 – 1 Man Utd

FA Cup Results 2012 – Brighton & Hove Albion
                                                                     3rd Round – Brighton 1 – 1 Wrexham
                                                                     3rd Round replay – Wrexham 1 – 1 Brighton (4-5 Pen)
                                                                     4th Round – Brighton 1 – 0 Newcastle

Previous  5 Meetings
                                                                    21/09/2011 – Brighton 1 – 2 Liverpool (Carling Cup)
                                                                    30/01/1991 – Brighton 2 – 3 Liverpool (FA Cup Replay)
                                                                    26/01/1991 – Liverpool 2 – 2 Brighton (FA Cup)
                                                                    29/10/1985 – Liverpool 4 – 0 Brighton (Milk Cup)
                                                                    29/01/1984 – Brighton 2 – 0 Liverpool (FA Cup)

Its FA Cup 5th round time, with Liverpool looking to reach the quarter finals for the first time since winning the cup in 2006.
As for Brighton its since 1986. Brighton will be looking to recreate the heroics of their famous win against Liverpool in 1984.
The two clubs met in the Carling Cup this season with Liverpool Coming out with the win 2-1,
with Goals from Bellamy and Kuyt with Barnes scoring a late penalty at the AMEX Stadium.
This has the making of a great cup tie and I asked a few questions to Brigton Fans, Brighton4Cambridge3, Mellor 3 Ward 4, jackanada & Freddo
from their forum http://www.northstandchat.com ,

How has the season been shaping up so far?

Brighton4Cambridge3: Started off fantastically with a real buzz surrounding the club following our move to the AMEX, definitely a slump after when played Leeds, You and Crystal Palace in a short space of time; we didn’t win in 9 games. Now we have picked up fantastically, and look like we could sneak in the play-offs.

jackanada: Goal this season was to be competitive. We were a bit porous at the back to begin with which we got away with for a while before a bit of a poor run but we've sharpened up and should be in the hunt for the playoffs even if we don't make them.

Freddo: Really well. People made so much of our amazing start and awful form since but we’ve actually been pretty solid since. If you’d ask me before the start of the season to be one point off the playoffs in February I’d have bitten your hand off.

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?

Brighton4Cambridge3: I expected us to be just to be outside the play-offs with such a feel good factor around the club.

jackanada: I deliberately had none. We could finish bottom of the league and have gone out of every cup 1st round and I'd still be happy because we have a stadium.

Mellor 3 Ward 4: Way beyond expectation. When the season started, I'd be happy to finish fourth bottom - to be in the middle of Feb and a point off the play-offs is quite an achievment from the players.

Freddo: Consolidation. They haven’t changed since the start of the season and we’re currently playing above my expectation.

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

Brighton4Cambridge3: At the moment Will Buckley has been on fire, and CMS on his day is a world-class player. Also Craig Noone – boyhood Liverpool fan who went to watch Chelsea away in the Carling cup this year. Also roofed Gerrard’s house when he played for Skelmensdale (sorry for sp.) and Southport.

jackanada: Liam Bridcutt, the Makelele of the championship.

Mellor 3 Ward 4: Defence - Liam Bridcutt is a quality holding midfield player - cost us nothing and IMO our best signing of the past few years, plus Gordon Greer, captain and CB. In attack - Buckley is playing well - but I fancy Southport old boy Craig Noone to start (and play well) on Sunday.

Freddo: Liam Bridcutt. When he plays well the team plays well and vice versa.

Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our
clubs? Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you
disagreed with?

Brighton4Cambridge3: As I’m 18, I missed the glory days for you, but any Albion fan would point to our victory in 1983 and then again in 1984.

jackanada: Only 7 in 83, but faintly recall a fat liverpool supporting kid at my school being even angrier than usual.

Mellor 3 Ward 4: 83 is the obvious one, but we also beat you the year later atthe Goldstone in the FA Cup. Gerry Ryan and Terry Connor if memory serves. Old boy Lawro torn apart! I was also at Anfield to watch us get well beaten in the league cup - mid 80s ? - Fashanu played for us, and Anfield was pretty empty.

Freddo: The Carling Cup game earlier this season was our first chance to see Vicente in action. My favourite moment of the game was Vicente mugging off Carragher for our penalty!

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?

Brighton4Cambridge3: Jake Forster-Caskey, son of Nicky Forster, also Lewis Dunk, future England Centre Half IMHO.

jackanada: Jake Forster-Caskey has broken through since we last met, doesn't look out of place at this level and could well step up.

Freddo: Lewis Dunk, our young centre back linked with Spurs and Everton during the January transfer window, is a fantastic prospect.

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

Brighton4Cambridge3: I would hope for 4-4-2, solid and works with the way we play.

jackanada: Do your research - we only play one way!

Mellor 3 Ward 4: Lots of choice for Gus when it comes to the team for Sunday, with the exception of Full Backs - where both are recent (loan) signings are cup tied.

Freddo: As strong as possible. Our loanee fullbacks are cup tied so the back 4 are sure to be Calderon, Dunk, Greer and El-Abd, with Brezovan in goal. Going forward, we will probably play Bridcutt, Navarro, Buckley, Barnes, and two out of CMS, Sam Vokes, Lua Lua, and Craig Noone.

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require
an explanation?

Brighton4Cambridge3: Good Old Sussex By the Sea, good because it’s ours and no-body else sing’s it. Dates back to troops leaving for the front in WWI.

jackanada: Good Old Sussex by the Sea will be much in evidence (works better for cup games)
Hopefully not too many renditions of our songs about how much we hate Crystal Palace.

Mellor 3 Ward 4: GOSBTS (Good Old Sussex By the Sea) - It will no doubt be sung far too fast. (and tends to end up a bit of a shambles, which is a shame as it's unique to us)

Freddo: A couple weeks ago at Palace we sang, to the tune of “You’ll never walk alone”, “Groupon, Groupon, Buy One, Get One Free! And you’ll never fill your ground, you’ll never fill your ground!” This was after it was found that Groupon were flogging tickets to Palace matches, which the majority of Brighton fans found quite amusing.

Have you been happy with Brighton's run in the cup this year?

Brighton4Cambridge3: Very happy. To beat Newcastle was a fantastic pleasant surprise.

jackanada: We've put out one Premiership team in each cup so far so yes!

Mellor 3 Ward 4: Of course we're happy with the Cup run - BUT beating Millwall tomorrow is more important IMO

Freddo: Definitely. Beating Newcastle at home and having the chance to go to Anfield has made it a great cup run, regardless of the outcome of the game.

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?

Brighton4Cambridge3: Steven Gerrard – world class player. One of my England favourites.

jackanada: Craig Bellamy. Fast, skilful and as big a wind up merchant as El-Abd (you'll see)

Mellor 3 Ward 4: Bellamy. Played well at our place. Sort of player you HATE when he plays against you (nut love when he's in your side)

Freddo: Steven Gerrard.

As it is well documented, how do you feel about Gus Poyet's comments
about Luis Suarez?

Brighton4Cambridge3: Shouldn’t have got involved, came across with the wrong message.

jackanada: One of the great things about Gus is he'll say what he thinks about almost anything. I won't and it's probably best that everyone just shuts up about the whole thing now.

Mellor 3 Ward 4: Gus should have kept his mouth shut IMO.

Freddo: I was disappointed he felt the need to get involved, particularly when he wouldn’t have had access to all the information. The events that have occurred since then show he was quite naive in doing so. However, I’m a massive fan of Poyet, and I’m sure he’ll learn from this as he has the makings of a top manager.

Care to predict the score?

Brighton4Cambridge3: 2-1 to you. We will equalise.

jackanada: 1-1 I'd fancy an upset more if we hadn't played you already.

Mellor 3 Ward 4: 2-0 to you lot

Freddo: Tough to call. I’d love to say that I think we can get a result but I think home advantage will be the overriding factor. I reckon it’ll be the same as in the Carling Cup earlier this season, 2-1 Liverpool.
“Our idea is to pass teams to a standstill so they can no longer come after you. Eventually you wear them down.”
-Brendan Rodgers

http://twitter.com

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Spyin' Kop - Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 19th February, 16:30
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:08:47 pm »
Thanks, Dave.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:10:25 pm »
Cheers, good set of answers. I know a few Brighton fans and they always come across as a decent bunch.

I hope they do make the Play Offs and even get promoted rather than the same old yo yo teams. They have the potential to do a Swansea with the new stadium, decent fanbase, good football etc.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:14:12 pm »
good set of supporters used to love going to the goldstone ground,went down there think it was late 70's in an hillman imp took 3 of us over 8 hours ::)
also was down there for the carling cup game earlier in the season,had a great welcome,and a good night out after the game
hope the local female radio reporter who we had a drink with and who recommended a cracking chinese is coming up for the game 8)

Offline Dave_Rob7

• Anny Roader
  • build Liverpool into a bastion of Invincibility
    • http://twitter.com/#!/DavidRoberts40
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 04:39:01 pm »
A few more answers, have to say Brighton fans are a great bunch

Telford Seagull

How has the season been shaping up so far?

Our season is shaping up quite nicely at the moment. We got off to a fantastic start followed by a bit of a blip which I believe was our bad period and it is now over. We've been picking up the points lately and are currently unbeaten in 2012 with our only draw being 1-1 away at our arch rivals Crystal Palace. Our run includes a 3-0 win against then top-of-the-table Southampton and plenty of late winners including Newcastle in the 4th round of the FA cup

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?

I think our expectations haven’t really changed since day one and I think its always a been a good strong top half finish but also with the potential to reach the play offs. We've picked up well of late with a few more signings and I think we could definitely reach the play offs this year so long as we can the players to gel and (in Poyet's terms) 'click'. We take positives as last year Gus targeted a top 6 finish and yet we romped to the league one title.

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

Obviously and rightfully so Will Buckley has been grabbing the plaudits with some fantastic performances and late goals but I believe our most important player is Liam Bridcutt. Classy centre midfielder who isn't afraid of a tackle and really controls the game for us. When he plays well, we play well. Signed him on a free as cover/development squad player last year from Chelsea but with an injury to the current holding midfielder at the time, scouser Alan Navarro, grabbed his opportunity and has become I believe our most important player. Another mention has to go to Gordon Greer our centre half captain who may look like the big burley Scottish no nonsense centre half, but you will see yourself he is a classic continental centre half who likes to play the ball. I’d give another mention also to Vicente Rodriguez who most people on the planet know of. He hasn’t played too regularly but when he has shown to still be absolute world class and a great addition and I don’t know how we pulled that one off! Craig Mackail-Smith upfront scored 40-odd goals last season for Peterborough and is lightning fast and don’t expect him to stop running either!

Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our
clubs? Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you
disagreed with?

As I’m a young guy the only memory I have from playing Liverpool is this year in the Carling Cup. It was a very good game and I think you'll also agree that we were unlucky to not at least take you to extra time but all in all we were delighted by the performance we gave. On the pitch wise I don’t think there was a decision that we were un-happy with but we did feel it was incredibly unfair that we had to play Liverpool on the Wednesday night and the Leeds on the Friday night as it DID influence the players that were picked, i.e. poyet made 5 changes for the games vs. Liverpool.

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?

There are two that spring to mind but I think that most clubs have heard of them. They are Lewis Dunk (just turned 20) and Jake Forster-Caskey (17). Lewis Dunk is another product of our youth system and until this season had only played 7 games I think, but we saw in those games he looked really quality. Technically one of the best in the division (along with Greer our captain) and has been linked with several premier league teams. He is young but at 6ft 4 he's really not a lad easy to bully and has learnt how to get away with the sneaky little shoves. Jake Forster-Caskey (or JFC) has come through this season and shown to be a very good player with plenty of top clubs watching him since he was 15 years old. We saw little glimpses of him when he had come on in previous games, most notably stoke city away last year in the FA Cup 5th round where he looked the best player on the pitch. With a lot of injuries and a few suspensions, he got his big chance against table topping and south coast rivals Southampton and took it brilliantly with the 1st goal in a 3-0 win. He then followed that up with another goal vs. Wrexham in the FA cup 3rd round. He didn’t have a great game vs. Newcastle in the FA cup and we've not really seen him since but he's a young lad with a lot to learn. He is also the son of former footballer Darren Caskey and the stepson of lower league goal scoring legend (and former Brighton captain) Nicky Forster

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

I think we will put out our strongest possible side (depending on how the game on Tuesday 14th vs. Millwall goes!). Most of our players are back from injuries and suspensions so we should have a big squad for Gus to choose from. We have recently signed a couple of full backs on loan from west brom. Gonzalo Jara Reyes (right back) has returned after a loan spell earlier in the season and he has been joined by Joe Mattock a left back who loves to get forward but unfortunately they are both cup tied. Bar those two I’d think it will be our strongest possible line up. With the extra 2 subs available it gives more options to us for this game.

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require
an explanation?

ermm, I think most of our chants are pretty self explanatory but you can expect plenty of banter from us as ever really. I think there is some great mutual respect between us two clubs following Poyet sticking up for Luis Suarez so I wouldn’t expect any chants about that. You may also hear a familiar version of your 'Maxi Rodriguez runs down the wing for me' chant as we sing the same for William Buckley, our flying winger.

Have you been happy with Brighton's run in the cup this year?

Personally I’ve been delighted by it. We had our 3rd round game vs. Wrexham in which we played a lot of kids and ended up drawing the game 1-1 in which we really should have won, meaning a replay at the Racecourse ground. With the replay, we put out a much stronger line up but struggled with the pitch and the conditions. We had to take our hats off to Wrexham who were absolutely fantastic and also a mention to their fans who I think have been the best opposition fans so far. We drew that one to 1-1 AET (despite them being 1-0 up) and won it on Pens. That brought the game with Newcastle and it was fantastic to win that one, but without sounding too cocky I was pretty confident we would beat them as they didn't have Demba Ba or Cheick Tiote.

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?

Craig Bellamy for me. His pace, movement, competiveness and overall predatory instinct makes him IMO the most dangerous player we need to look out for. I believe it was the same for the home game as proved by his early goal. You just have to look at Liverpool's squad however and you see its absolute world class so there is plenty to fear (including Luis Suarez), but I feel Craig Bellamy is the one too fear.

As it is well documented, how do you feel about Gus Poyet's comments
about Luis Suarez?

Quite lot of Brighton fans would have preferred that Gus stayed out of this situation as it brought plenty of publicity to him which is something I don’t think as a club growing in popularity needed. However, I think it was nice that Poyet stuck up for Suarez and tried to explain the situation to the English public that Suarez may not have understood some do's and do not's. As a fellow Uruguayan and a high profile one in England, he was the only one who could try to help people understand the culture of Uruguay and realistically not many others stuck up for Suarez so I’m sure you have good feelings about him.

Care to predict the score?

Whatever happens with the score, I’m sure we will have put in a fantastic effort and I’m sure it will be a good all round 'football' match. You would expect Liverpool to be able to beat us pretty comfortably, but as it showed in September, its not as easy as that. With us on good form and your own form at Anfield not being so great AND with our habit of scoring late goals, I think we could just nick it 2-1/1-0 something like that and such would be FA Cup football but you would expect Liverpool to come out winners, but who knows? Too dare to dream is what I will say!
“Our idea is to pass teams to a standstill so they can no longer come after you. Eventually you wear them down.”
-Brendan Rodgers

http://twitter.com

Offline alan82

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 04:39:50 pm »
Good read thanks.

Good set of supports when we played them in the carling cup, friendly bunch and level headed about there prospects.
“I just wanted to jump into the stand and start celebrating with those wonderful fans [on reaching the Champions League final]” Steven Gerrard

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 05:20:21 pm »
Good read, thanks.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 05:21:07 pm »
Good read that, fair play to them, all seem a decent bunch, after Sunday I wish them well for the season. Wouldn't mind seeing them in the top flight next season.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 05:35:05 pm »
Cheers for that Dave, they seem a nice spirited bunch, I wish them well on their pursuit of promotion and I hope that they play well at Anfield (just not better then we do).
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 05:43:13 pm »
I must say the recent Spyin' Kop for the cup games have been a far more enjoyable read than some of the usual sarky bile. It's also pleasant to just listen to the views of some fans who are looking forward to a good game of football.

Cheers Dave

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 05:44:34 pm »
Ta for that, Dave.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 02:53:22 pm »
Cheers for that Dave. Seem a decent bunch. The progress Brighton and Hove Albion have made in recent years is outstanding really. Wish them all the best (apart from Sunday of course.. ;) )
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 03:00:53 pm »
MOST of the brighton fans on that forum have always seemed pretty decent unlike most forums, i hope they do well in the championship.

thanks for the read Dave_Rob

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 03:41:57 pm »
Nice one for that. My first competitve game was the 2-2 V Brighton in the cup in 91 so really looking forward to Sunday.

Decent set of answers, glad you asked about Poyet's remarks of the Suarez case, some good answers in there
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 04:07:30 pm »
Yay - a football thread!  Nice one on organising and fair dues to them for their responses - good read. :)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 07:41:12 pm »
Good read, nice to see football in the football forum
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 07:49:31 pm »
One of the best spyin kops I've read, top work  ;)

Nice to see they just wanna focus on talking about there club rather than the usual idiots (newcastle fans) spewing bile

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 11:35:24 pm »
Sound bunch of fans by the sound of it. After what they've endured over the past 15-20 years or so they deserve some success. Hope they enjoy their trip to Anfield, but obviously not the result.

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 04:19:27 am »
What a refreshing read. No sarcastic, smart ass answers like last week from those spurs lot. Good bunch of lads, nice one.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 08:24:08 am »
Good read that.

Hope they're promoted - new stadium, fan base, decent football. Also got time for Poyet.

Thanks Dave.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 09:17:44 am »
great read, especially the additional bit he posted some really good answers telfrod fella did
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 09:45:24 am »
That's a really good read Dave, thanks for doing that. Amazing to think the club nearly disappeared altogether not long ago, and now look at them. Having grounded fans must be a nice thing.

I especially liked this bit
"Freddo: A couple weeks ago at Palace we sang, to the tune of “You’ll never walk alone”, “Groupon, Groupon, Buy One, Get One Free! And you’ll never fill your ground, you’ll never fill your ground!” This was after it was found that Groupon were flogging tickets to Palace matches, which the majority of Brighton fans found quite amusing."
a) how they edited the song, and b) that Groupon were promoting tickets to a football match!!
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 09:46:37 am »
Nice one Dave. Thanks for that.  The Brighton lads seem a decent bunch.  Thanks for doing that and if any of them are looking in thanks for taking the time to answer.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 11:18:57 am »
Well that was a pleasant surprise... a set of supporters that seem to know what they are talking about and haven't gone down the dickhead route that most of the Premiership fanboys have done over the last few months. Hope they do well enough to make that long drive home bareable.

Cheers DR7, much appreciated.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline CANADAlglish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 12:48:46 pm »
I went to the Amex last August to see brighton v Posh. . its a brilliant stadium.

I came over from Toronto, and was complaining abotu the lack of tickets/ touts for the next days game, only to have a lad who overheard me, draw me a map to his office, where I picked up his season ticket credit card thingy to attend. .. . . his box seat complete with beers and food! It was a brilliant experience, one that I will never forget. (having seen the sunderland draw at Anfield , the win at the Emirates and the win at Exeter in previous days. . . Brighton and Hove, what a wonderful place!

Craig Noone, and Mackail smith would be their main threats. .
With a solid, organized, careful, pressure building performance from us, we shoudl be able to get the result we need.

whats that about us not performaing well agsint defending sides?
that will not be the case for Gus's seagulls.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 01:31:23 pm »
thanks for that....good read!!

they are a decent bunch....wish them all the luck in the future! (Starting on Monday)
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 02:19:50 pm »
Thanks for that,good read
bollocks

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 10:54:34 am »
Good read, thanks mate

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 11:05:16 am »
Excellent SK this week Dave_Rob7, thanks to all involved.

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 11:16:34 am »
I prefer these spyin kops when one of their fans is an obvious twat.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 11:29:14 am »

Thanks Dave.

I've got to say that they were a refreshing change from some of the bellendery spouted by a lot of fans on Spyin Kop.

They all came across as sound and clued up to me.

Offline AnyGivenSunday

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 11:39:28 am »
Seemed like a good bunch.

Thanks for putting it together Dave_Rob7

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 11:57:41 am »
The Cardiff lot and the Brighton lot have been my favourite this season. Nice one for that.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.