Author Topic: Name 6 of the current squad that will still be here in 5 years(5 years on again)  (Read 23618 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
You’d hope 1 or 2 of Quansah, Elliott and Bradley have a chance of still being at club in 5 years time. Selecting any of the other young players (Bajcetic, Clark, Danns, Doak etc) to be here in 5 years would be a massive punt of a guess. The likelihood at this point is that if 1 of them is here in 5 years then it’ll be a result.

From 2019/20, there about 11 players who are still part of the squad currently (including 3 GKs). That feels like the absolute maximum you’d expect to see over a 5 year period. City and Arsenal have about 7 or 8 players from 2019/20 still in their current squads - though a number of those players aren’t key players (e.g. Elneny).

I think the smart choices would be Trent, MacAllister, Elliott, Jones and Bradley/Quansah but I’ve have literally no confidence in that prediction.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I'd go with Bradley, Harvey and Jones.
Can't see any of the others being here in five years.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Missed 2019/20

Comparing against the end of the 14/15 season, the first team players who made it to the end of 19/20 were Henderson, Lallana and Lovren - with only Henderson still there by the start of the 20/21 season.
Origi and Ojo both technically made it the 5 years - neither had actually played for LFC by the end of 14/15, but they were mentioned in this thread.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
In the immediate term I think the starters for next season are:

Becker (I hope)
Trent
Mcallister
Diaz
Jota

I don't think any other place is certain. Obviously Jota's injury records is a concern though.

Got to think Salah will move on so we need to replace him, buy a reliable back up for Jota and we still probably need another forward unless you're assuming Gakpo and Nunez step up their game consistently.

Midfield is a big worry for me.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."