Author Topic: PHILIPPE COUTINHO: THE MAN WHO ESCAPED PURGATORY  (Read 147987 times)

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
Re: PHILIPPE COUTINHO: THE MAN WHO ESCAPED PURGATORY
« Reply #200 on: April 4, 2016, 03:47:59 pm »
He's about to make the jump to the next level.

Both Coutinho and LFC are about to make the jump to the next level in the next two years. We will return to where we belong.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #201 on: April 4, 2016, 03:50:57 pm »
Both Coutinho and LFC are about to make the jump to the next level in the next two years. We will return to where we belong.

:thumbup

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: April 4, 2016, 04:17:40 pm »
replacement for Iniesta when he goes and as things stand, a direct replacement for Rafinha I guess.

He couldn't adequately replace Iniesta, in terms of quality or style, in the current MSN set up (and there's plenty of better players for them to target, of both higher quality and greater suitability to their team). They won't and don't need an upgrade on Rafinha either.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: April 4, 2016, 04:22:03 pm »
He's always had the better of Walker. I remember him destroying him in the build up to one of our goals in that 3-2 at Anfield 3 years ago.

The stand out attribute of his play is his ability to turn it on in the biggest games.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #204 on: April 4, 2016, 05:11:35 pm »
He couldn't adequately replace Iniesta, in terms of quality or style, in the current MSN set up (and there's plenty of better players for them to target, of both higher quality and greater suitability to their team). They won't and don't need an upgrade on Rafinha either.

Barca can do one. Really hate that club. Klopp changes everything.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #205 on: April 4, 2016, 05:17:47 pm »
Ignoring all the other shit, I really think he is starting to become a consistent big game player for us. Next step for young Phillipe is doing it week in, week out, no matter what opposition we face.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #206 on: April 4, 2016, 05:23:09 pm »
Barca can do one. Really hate that club. Klopp changes everything.
klopp changes, changes everything
klopp makes you blind
he breaks your wings
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #207 on: April 4, 2016, 05:34:20 pm »
Why is it that everytime he has a good game people start talking about him going to Barcelona?  Why not just enjoy having him without fretting about something that might not even happen? 

Barcelona are probably far more concerned with keeping the likes of Messi, Neymar and Suarez there than going out and spending lots of money on new players.  Things aren't exactly rosy there off the pitch so I'm not worried about them chasing after Coutinho but if they do then I'll worry about it when it happens.

A few weeks ago Can had a good game and someone started saying he'll be back at Bayern Munich before long, the self-defeatist resignation just gets boring.  They're Liverpool players, they seem perfectly happy being Liverpool players and hopefully they'll remain so for many years to come.  We're hopefully on the brink of something special with Klopp, if we're going to wring our hands worrying that our best players are all going to jump ship every time they play well then its really not going to be as fun as it could and should be.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: April 4, 2016, 06:43:15 pm »
Why is it that everytime he has a good game people start talking about him going to Barcelona?  Why not just enjoy having him without fretting about something that might not even happen? 

Barcelona are probably far more concerned with keeping the likes of Messi, Neymar and Suarez there than going out and spending lots of money on new players.  Things aren't exactly rosy there off the pitch so I'm not worried about them chasing after Coutinho but if they do then I'll worry about it when it happens.

A few weeks ago Can had a good game and someone started saying he'll be back at Bayern Munich before long, the self-defeatist resignation just gets boring.  They're Liverpool players, they seem perfectly happy being Liverpool players and hopefully they'll remain so for many years to come.  We're hopefully on the brink of something special with Klopp, if we're going to wring our hands worrying that our best players are all going to jump ship every time they play well then its really not going to be as fun as it could and should be.
This. And also at the present time, we don't have players that are good enough to be starting for either Barca or Bayern
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #209 on: April 5, 2016, 04:37:22 am »
Ignoring all the other shit, I really think he is starting to become a consistent big game player for us. Next step for young Phillipe is doing it week in, week out, no matter what opposition we face.

The amount of big games he's scored in over the past couple of years is amazing. City home and away, City in the cup final, Villa in the semi-final last year, Tottenham at home twice, Arsenal at home, Everton away, United away and probably a couple more I can't think of from the top of my head.

A genuine big game player.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #210 on: April 5, 2016, 05:53:43 am »
How old are you fella?
Was about to ask the same thing ;D
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: April 5, 2016, 10:13:53 am »

Because 1/2 of all RAWKites are bad bad fannies.

How do they cope in adult relationships?

'Oooh, unless I improve my form she's going to leave me for a better looking, richer fella'
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #212 on: April 5, 2016, 01:39:25 pm »

'Oooh, unless I improve my form she's going to leave me for a better looking, richer fella'
And if he does go we'll never find another one like him. :P
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #213 on: April 5, 2016, 02:32:09 pm »

ahahahahahhahahahah!

yeah...but seriously coutinho is definitely stepping it up. I like the fact that Firmino's improvement has spurred him on as opposed to making him sulk about his position in any way. Them two and Lallana are all reacting in a positive way for our team.

Been a while since we've had some healthy competition!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: April 6, 2016, 10:04:34 am »
Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 2m2 minutes ago
Congratulations to @Phil_Coutinho, @StanChart's Player of the Month for March!

^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #215 on: April 6, 2016, 10:05:40 am »
Well deserved. Can't wait to see what he has in store for us tomorrow!
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #216 on: April 6, 2016, 05:29:05 pm »
The amount of big games he's scored in over the past couple of years is amazing. City home and away, City in the cup final, Villa in the semi-final last year, Tottenham at home twice, Arsenal at home, Everton away, United away and probably a couple more I can't think of from the top of my head.

A genuine big game player.

Know it's not a big game anymore but these were pretty special too ;)

https://streamable.com/bk2k

https://streamable.com/dq37
Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 2m2 minutes ago
Congratulations to @Phil_Coutinho, @StanChart's Player of the Month for March!

Player of the season easily for me !! Let's hope he can get a few against Dortmund .
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #217 on: April 13, 2016, 03:10:24 pm »
Philippe Coutinho on shortlist for PFA Young Player of the Year award

Liverpool attacker Philippe Coutinho has been nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

The Brazil international, who has scored 10 goals in 34 appearances for the Reds this season, has been named on a six-player shortlist.

Coutinho is up against Tottenham striker Harry Kane, who won the gong 12 months ago, as well Spurs’ Dele Alli, Everton duo Romelu Lukaku and Ross Barkley, and Stoke goalkeeper Jack Butland.

Leicester City trio Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and N’Golo Kante have all been recognised for their role in the Foxes’ Premier League title charge by being named on the shortlist for the PFA Players’ Player of the Year.

Kane, Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil and West Ham’s Dimitri Payet are the other names in the frame to succeed 2015 winner Eden Hazard.

The 43rd edition of the PFA Awards will be held at Grosvenor House in London on Sunday, April 24.

PFA Members from 100 clubs across the Barclays Premier League, Football League and Women’s Super League have voted for the players who have most impressed them over the course of the 2015-16 season.

Coutinho was up for the main award last year and will be hoping to become Liverpool’s first winner of the Young Player of the Year award since Steven Gerrard picked up the trophy for the 2000-01 season.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-philippe-coutinho-shortlist-11179971
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #218 on: April 13, 2016, 06:53:11 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mfDoHzUpIHw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mfDoHzUpIHw</a>
The Red Genius, currently our most important player.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2016, 07:17:41 pm »
Hope the little man steps up against Dortmund, big game player.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: April 15, 2016, 12:49:49 pm »
A poor game on the whole thanks to Dortmund's tactics of just getting him to release the ball asap every time he got it even if it meant fouling him, but my word what a big goal that was. And did his best Stevie impression with the celebration too. An almost exact replica of Stevie's Istanbul celebration.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2016, 12:57:55 pm »
Huge goal. He's a defiant little character and I love that about him. By that I'm referring to an attribute that someone like Mesut Ozil doesn't have. Ozil would never drag Arsenal back into it at 3-1 down, Coutinho has the necessary fight to not do so even on an off day.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #222 on: April 15, 2016, 01:14:00 pm »
His heart is bigger than his body. Genuine big game player with big game temperament.

Under Klopp without Benteke - 15 games --> 8 goals, 4 assists.

Brilliant numbers and slowly we have to start dealing with the notion that under Klopp Phil is developing into an elite attacking player as unlikely as it seemed when Klopp started playing him in the final third rather than deeper in no.8 position where we all thought he would be best in.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2016, 01:14:23 pm »
A poor game on the whole thanks to Dortmund's tactics of just getting him to release the ball asap every time he got it even if it meant fouling him, but my word what a big goal that was. And did his best Stevie impression with the celebration too. An almost exact replica of Stevie's Istanbul celebration.

Yeah they definitely targeted him but I loved his 2nd half performance. He didn't lose the ball as much as the first (from what I remember) but made telling contributions and they had to take a couple of yellow cards to stop him. And then he came up with THAT goal. He really is a big game player!
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: April 15, 2016, 01:16:53 pm »
Coutinho has become an ultimate big game player now in terms of scoring goals. Goals vs Dortmund, Man United, Chelsea (2), Man City (2) and Spurs this season.

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: April 15, 2016, 01:19:04 pm »
He just won't score an ordinary goal will he??  ;D

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: April 15, 2016, 01:22:36 pm »
Remember when Coutinho couldn't shoot? Somehow it's all just clicked and he's regularly been scoring from outside the box for the last year and a bit. Great to see his passion yesterday and his stevie in istanbul-esque urge to the crowd after his goal...which was also pretty stevie-esque ;D

Top class player, one I hope we hold on to for many years yet. Has a very, very high ceiling, he's got the lot.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: April 15, 2016, 01:35:06 pm »
Whilst he maybe out of the game a tad more, and I am probably in a minority but I think he's better on the left cutting in.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #228 on: April 15, 2016, 01:37:53 pm »
He's been very, very consistent since he came back from injury: 6 goals and 3 assists in 11 starts. That's around .82 G+A per 90 since his return against West Ham on 9 Feb. Elite form really.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: April 15, 2016, 02:02:36 pm »
That's his 11th goal of the season isn't it ?

We've all been wanting him to become that midfield player that can get into double figures and he seems to now be scoring on a consistent basis

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #230 on: April 15, 2016, 02:12:59 pm »
Remember when Coutinho couldn't shoot? Somehow it's all just clicked and he's regularly been scoring from outside the box for the last year and a bit. Great to see his passion yesterday and his stevie in istanbul-esque urge to the crowd after his goal...which was also pretty stevie-esque ;D

Top class player, one I hope we hold on to for many years yet. Has a very, very high ceiling, he's got the lot.

Shows that sometimes it just takes a small adjustment. When Coutinho arrived, and for at least a year after that. His shooting technique was horrible, laces through it and hit as hard as you can.
Since he started wrapping his foot round the ball he's been scoring more often.

Someone needs to have the same conversation with Can if he wants to add goals to his game.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2016, 02:24:27 pm »
The finish last night was just sublime. Hit with such power and accuracy that it was past Weidenfeller before he could get anywhere near it.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2016, 02:28:18 pm »
I thought he had another poor game but now we are at the stage where we are silly to take him off unless he's physically suffering, as he's always capable of having those big moments. I hope he is the new Dirk in that sense, as with his ability, adding crucial goals could elevate him into a special player.

The reason why he stayed on ahead of Lallana and Firmino is because he is capable of having those moments. They are quite similar in terms of keeping hold of the ball and pressing, but the other two don't have those big moments in them for me - certainly not Lallana.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #233 on: April 15, 2016, 02:37:30 pm »
I hope we are never going to sell him. Amazing player, loved him since beginning.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #234 on: April 15, 2016, 04:56:47 pm »

To be fair a Barca shirt means to a South American the same thing a Liverpool shirt means to a young player from Liverpool. Seen as the pinnacle and the thing they dream about kicking the can around the street.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #235 on: April 15, 2016, 04:57:49 pm »
I thought he had another poor game but now we are at the stage where we are silly to take him off unless he's physically suffering, as he's always capable of having those big moments. I hope he is the new Dirk in that sense, as with his ability, adding crucial goals could elevate him into a special player.

The reason why he stayed on ahead of Lallana and Firmino is because he is capable of having those moments. They are quite similar in terms of keeping hold of the ball and pressing, but the other two don't have those big moments in them for me - certainly not Lallana.

Make no mistake he put in two huge defensive shifts against Dortmund.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2016, 05:10:46 pm »
Got a proper hug from Klopp last night, a proper skip over and lift type of hug  ;D

https://vine.co/v/itMYjreeI7h

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #237 on: April 15, 2016, 05:12:03 pm »
Got a proper hug from Klopp last night, a proper skip over and lift type of hug  ;D

https://vine.co/v/itMYjreeI7h

:lmao

That's awesome.

Online Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #238 on: April 15, 2016, 05:30:52 pm »
His goal was so vital for the comeback. Like I said, big game player. Also, how long have we yearned for a player who is a threat from long distanced shots, it was gerrard before and now its the wee brazilian. I really don't see the comparisons with Iniesta anymore. Not disregarding the pale-faced spaniard whom I think is a supremely gifted player, but Coutinho is starting to put in serious numbers which can only continue I hope. He's a serious threat in the attacking third right now.

Offline simbo

• Kopite
« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2016, 05:44:05 pm »
Scoring goals for fun at the minute