Author Topic: 21 Tennis Steps To Heaven  (Read 43361 times)

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
Re: 21 Tennis Steps To Heaven
« Reply #440 on: March 30, 2009, 11:30:33 pm »
That was an orgasmic shot.

That was a quality match and a cracking atmoshpere at it aswell.. Nice start mate.

Simply awesome shot to break at 4-4.

Superb.

Trying to decide whether to go with Verdasco at 1/4 or play the riskier -2.5 games @ 1/2.

I'm going to see how the Stan - Igor match pans out before deciding.
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: March 31, 2009, 12:15:07 am »
Simply awesome shot to break at 4-4.

Superb.

Trying to decide whether to go with Verdasco at 1/4 or play the riskier -2.5 games @ 1/2.

I'm going to see how the Stan - Igor match pans out before deciding.

Well I fancy Verdasco aswell. But I'm on Lalo and we all know how Lalo loves to pull of a shock when I'm on him so be warned ;D
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #442 on: March 31, 2009, 01:55:04 am »
Well I fancy Verdasco aswell. But I'm on Lalo and we all know how Lalo loves to pull of a shock when I'm on him so be warned ;D

I'll ignore the warning and back Verdasco. I was going to double him up with Na Li but I'm just going to stick with Fernando. If Stepanek - Gonzo goes 3 sets then I might get involved with the Na Li match.

Bet 1: £100 on Ferrer to beat Cillic (in play at 3-6, 6-3, *0-1) @ 8/11 = £172.73
Bet 2: £172.73 on Verdasco -2.5 games to beat F. Lopez @ 1/2 = Bet Pending

EDIT - Never realised how good Verdasco's record was against left-handers. Excluding Nadal he's not lost to one since October '06 and his record against them over the last 20 matches is 17-3 and one of those losses was a retirement.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:00:08 am by Wholey »
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #443 on: March 31, 2009, 01:52:54 pm »
Eurgh!

Lost by half a game.

Verdasco had chances in countless games to break, Lopez makes no impression bar in two games and breaks in them both.

Silly bet really considering Na Li and Verdasco double paid more.

Tsonga, Roddick, Verdasco, Azarenka today.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #444 on: March 31, 2009, 07:06:24 pm »
Seeing as Murray's going to steamroll Troicki, Verdacso and Roddick's matches are likely to be on at the same time so I've sided with Roddick.

The price is better on Verdasco at 1/2 but I think Roddick's composure and the fact that he's comfortable sticking away the extra ball that Monfils will make him play makes him a better bet at 2/5.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #445 on: April 1, 2009, 12:33:14 am »
Today rests on the shoulders of the young Belarusian.

I've got her in my acca for the day with Nadal 2-0 being the remaining component afterwards but I think given her current form and level of play, she should have enough to see off Stosur.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #446 on: April 1, 2009, 08:22:44 pm »
Good day yesterday with everything coming in and setting this week back on course.

I’ve backed Tsonga outright to win today. I just feel he’s got the beating of Djokovic who despite possessing relatively impressive results this week has looked far from convincing and if Tsonga’s confident in his game and hitting the ball like he did for the vast majority of his match against Simon yesterday then he should prosper. The h2h suggests that Tsonga style matches up well to that of Djokovic’s and I think 5/4’s a cracking price.

For this, I’m backing the score to be 1-1 after the first two games @ 1/3 as I feel the first set between the pair of these will be relatively tight. They’ve both looked strong on serve in the early stages of matches this week and I feel the first 6/8 games will be very cagey and they’ll not give a lot for the other to play with.

I was going to back Tsonga + 4.5 games on the handicap but seeing as that has been the death of me this week, I’ve left it well alone.

Bet 1: £100 on Jo Wilfred-Tsonga (vs. Simon) @ 1/2 = £150
Bet 2: £150 on Andy Roddick (vs. Gael Monfils) @ 2/5 = £210
Bet 3: £210 on Victoria Azarenka (vs. Samantha Stosur) @ 3/10 = £273
Bet 4: £273 on Novak Djokovic and Jo Wilfred-Tsonga to be 1-1 after two games @ 1/3 = Bet Pending

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #447 on: April 2, 2009, 12:33:06 am »
The handicaps would have come back to haunt me once again. Piss poor from Tsonga who blew the one chance he got to break Djokovic and really test him late on in the second set.

::)

The Belarusian is my only play tomorrow. Kuznetsova has spent an age out on the courts this week (she's still in the doubles) where as Azarenka has been blitzing through her matches (she's spent less time on the court all week than Kuz has spent in the past two days). She's fresher, she's playing the better tennis and is in the better form. It should be a routine victory but somehow I doubt it will be. However, I like the 8/15 on offer, so I'm having some.

Bet 1: £100 on Jo Wilfred-Tsonga (vs. Gilles Simon) @ 1/2 = £150
Bet 4: £273 on Novak Djokovic and Jo Wilfred-Tsonga to be 1-1 after two games @ 1/3 = £364
Bet 5: £364 on Victoria Azarenka (vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova) @ 8/15 = Bet Pending

Offline wayne38491

• Official RAWK Lurker
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #448 on: April 3, 2009, 12:19:25 am »
Going to have another go at this

Bet 1: £100 on Murray to beat Verdasco @ 1.46

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #449 on: April 3, 2009, 05:56:56 pm »
Yay! Go Azarenka. I didn't watch it but judging by Gianni's post in The Bets Thread, I'd have been getting a little bit animated.

Going with Federer today. Not been all that convinced by Djokovic this week and with reports of a stomach bug, he'll be suffering in the heat. If anything, I think his level has dropped since last year's US Open when he couldn't trouble Fed and I expect the same today. I'm on @ 2/5.

Bet 1: £100 on Jo Wilfred-Tsonga (vs. Gilles Simon) @ 1/2 = £150
Bet 4: £273 on Novak Djokovic and Jo Wilfred-Tsonga to be 1-1 after two games @ 1/3 = £364
Bet 5: £364 on Victoria Azarenka (vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova) @ 8/15 = £558.13
Bet 6: £558.13 on Roger Federer (vs. Novak Djokovic) @ 2/5 = Bet Pending

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #450 on: April 3, 2009, 07:43:21 pm »
 ???

If anyone's seen Roger Federer let me know as he appears to have gone missing.

He's won 3 of the last 15 games and has been broken in 6 of his last 8 service games.

:butt

Crazy.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: April 3, 2009, 07:48:25 pm »
He's not done just yet.
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #452 on: April 3, 2009, 07:50:29 pm »
He will be when Djokovic holds here.

*fingers crossed for a break*

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 3, 2009, 07:52:49 pm »
Another horrible game.

Why on earth is he not slicing his backhand nearly every time? The amount of errors he's leaked from that side has made it so easy for Djokovic to win this.

Still have a glimmer if he can hold here but that really should be that now. :(

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #454 on: April 3, 2009, 07:57:30 pm »
That last service game from Djokovic (to go up 5-2) was the the first real time he's shown any attacking intent for a while.

He's been gifted this match.

Very gruesome stuff.

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: April 3, 2009, 08:06:53 pm »
Not sure where to go after that. Strange things are happening lately.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #456 on: April 3, 2009, 10:16:15 pm »
Still bitterly disappointed. I'm not one who usually moans about performances but I feel cheated by that display from Federer for the middle part of that match.

I'm not a fan of doing it and it's not clever but I've gone chasing on Murray in a bid to end a rather dire spell of results.

Offline NIred1

• Kopite
« Reply #457 on: April 3, 2009, 10:19:00 pm »
I went out right after first set, fully expecting to come back and see a standard 2-0 Federer.  Djokovic just wasn't at the races at all.  I'll watch highlights later so I expect to see Federer throwing it away?  After last night!  What is happening to tennis?!  ???

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #458 on: April 3, 2009, 10:32:37 pm »
Yeah, just a pretty large collapse from Federer. They were questioning his fitness but I hadn't seen anything in the past week to suggest that there could possibly something wrong with his health, I think it was just an abject display.

He won 6 of the last 20 games (and that included two breaks) and his forehand went missing. I can't recall whether it was 42 or 47 UE's from Fed but it was silly. I don't mind if you're being outplayed and you've got no answer to it but all Djokovic was doing was putting the ball in play and Fed was spraying UE's all over the place especially on the forehand.

If you're a Fed fan then I suggest you don't watch it as it'll be hard for you to watch.

Offline wayne38491

• Official RAWK Lurker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: April 4, 2009, 12:07:33 am »
Going to have another go at this

Bet 1: £100 on Murray to beat Verdasco @ 1.46 = £144.16
Bet 2: £144.16 on Murray to beat Del Potro @ 1.34

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: April 4, 2009, 02:08:18 am »
Yeah, just a pretty large collapse from Federer. They were questioning his fitness but I hadn't seen anything in the past week to suggest that there could possibly something wrong with his health, I think it was just an abject display.

He won 6 of the last 20 games (and that included two breaks) and his forehand went missing. I can't recall whether it was 42 or 47 UE's from Fed but it was silly. I don't mind if you're being outplayed and you've got no answer to it but all Djokovic was doing was putting the ball in play and Fed was spraying UE's all over the place especially on the forehand.

If you're a Fed fan then I suggest you don't watch it as it'll be hard for you to watch.

Ye, it was 47 UE and it has fucked me up big time as I went huge on Federer and Murray who has just gone up a break in the 3rd. It was abysmal and pretty cringeworthy seeing routines forehand shots going into the net or way wide. I don't know what the fuck happened but he just lost the plot big time.

I'm not betting on tennis for a long while now, will take me a long time to recover as there have been some shocking results this week in my opinion.

Offline NIred1

• Kopite
« Reply #461 on: April 4, 2009, 11:34:44 am »
Unbelievable from Federer. 

Offline -Gianni-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: June 22, 2009, 11:49:45 am »
Bet 1. Mahut to beat Vliegen @ 3/10. 100 returns 130.

Same reasons as Wholey said in the Wimbledon thread. Vliegen can't play on grass and he lost to Mahut here in straights 3 years ago, he's regressed big time since then and Mahut is a fine grass court player.

Offline wayne38491

• Official RAWK Lurker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: June 22, 2009, 12:04:23 pm »
Going to try and make a bet a day during Wimbledon

Bet 1. £100 on Blake to beat Serra @ 1.2.

Offline NIred1

• Kopite
« Reply #464 on: June 22, 2009, 09:55:57 pm »
I'll give this a bash.  Smaller stakes for me though.

Bet 1 - £10 on C. Woznacki 2-0 v K Date Krumm @ 1.22

Bet 1 - £10 on D Tursunov  v M Zverev @ 1.40
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:02:57 pm by NIred1 »

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: June 22, 2009, 10:04:04 pm »
Going to try and make a bet a day during Wimbledon

Bet 1. £100 on Blake to beat Serra @ 1.2.

????

Blake played Seppi mate and lost.

Offline LoveLiverpool

• Main Stander
  • Oh When The Reds Go Marching In...
« Reply #466 on: June 22, 2009, 11:26:40 pm »
right just for wimbledon am gonna try it ! , i have no clue about tennis though so i dont think am going to get very far  :-\

Bet 1 : £100 on Michael Llodra @1.36 WON Returns = £136

Bet 2: £136 on Andy Murray, Marat Safin, Ana ivanovic and Svetlana Kuznetsova @1.54  Returns £209.44
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:30:45 pm by LoveLiverpool »
Betfair Referral Code -- FT4PLUTPE

Offline NIred1

• Kopite
« Reply #467 on: June 23, 2009, 08:41:22 pm »
This thread is cursed!
 >:( ;D

Offline LoveLiverpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #468 on: June 23, 2009, 09:03:45 pm »
Fuck sake ! safin is shite  :no

might try again tomorrow

Offline NIred1

• Kopite
« Reply #469 on: June 23, 2009, 10:01:06 pm »
I'll give this a bash.  Smaller stakes for me though.

Bet 1 - £10 on C. Woznacki 2-0 v K Date Krumm @ 1.22

Bet 1 - £10 on D Tursunov  v M Zverev @ 1.40

Good stuff Tursunov retired so Paddys voided the bet.

Bet 1 - £10 on T Robredo and E Dementieva returns £13.61
Bet 2 - £13.61 on PH Mathieu v T Berdych returns £19.05
Bet 3 - £19.05 on JC Ferrero v F Santoro (in running) returns £25.40
Bet 4 - £25.40 on I Karlovic to win a set v JW Songa returns £32.66
Bet 5 - £32.66 on  S Lisicki v S Kuznetsova S Kuznetsova 2-0 returns £51.28
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:37:00 pm by NIred1 »

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #470 on: June 23, 2009, 10:15:19 pm »

I didn't realise that they voided the bet if a player retired, so i was made up to see that my double on Tursunov and Petzschner was voided and that they put the stake on Petzschner to win which he did :D
At least i've got something back after losing out on my Accumulator of 8bets no thanks for Vaidisova.

Offline LoveLiverpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #471 on: June 24, 2009, 03:41:50 pm »
I will try again then !

Bet 1: £100 on Albert Montanes @ 1.35 In Play . WON Returns £135

Bet 2: £135 on Roberta Vinci @ 1.72 In Play. WON Returns £229.50

Bet 3: £100 on David Villa to score anytime @1.9 . Returns £190
Bet 3:129.50 on Over 2.5 in Spain match @ 1.95 Returns £252.80
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:52:51 pm by LoveLiverpool »

Offline LoveLiverpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #472 on: June 25, 2009, 07:33:20 pm »
Right last go !

Bet 1: £50 on Over 2.5 goals in Brazil Match @1.86  .Returns £93.00
Bet 1: £100 Brazil to be leading at half time @1.72  .Returns £172.00
Bet 1: £50 on Brazil clean sheet @1.8  .Returns  £90

If none of these win am fucked !   ;D

I am aware none of these are tennis bets but i will be including tennis bets  :P

Brazils price is really good now - going £100 at 1.72 whichc returns £172.00

Really need this have had a shit few days betting !  :butt

£262.00 am down £38.00 but it could be worse if Brazil didn't score !

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:26:45 pm by LoveLiverpool »

Offline LoveLiverpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #473 on: June 25, 2009, 09:30:14 pm »
Right last go !

Bet 1: £50 on Over 2.5 goals in Brazil Match @1.86  .Returns £93.00
Bet 1: £100 Brazil to be leading at half time @1.72  .Returns £172.00
Bet 1: £50 on Brazil clean sheet @1.8  .Returns  £90

If none of these win am fucked !   ;D

I am aware none of these are tennis bets but i will be including tennis bets  :P

Brazils price is really good now - going £100 at 1.72 whichc returns £172.00

Really need this have had a shit few days betting !  :butt

£262.00 am down £38.00 but it could be worse if Brazil didn't score !

Bet 2: £262 on Robin Soderling @1.24 . Returns £62.88

Offline LoveLiverpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #474 on: June 26, 2009, 03:56:25 pm »
Bet 2: £262 on Robin Soderling @1.24 WON . Returns £62.88

Bet 3: £324.88 on Novak Djokovic @1.32 Returns £103.96

Offline LoveLiverpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #475 on: June 26, 2009, 07:55:28 pm »
Bet 3: £324.88 on Novak Djokovic @1.32 Returns £103.96

Bet 4: £428.84 on Tommy Haas@ 1.37. In play . Returns £158.67

Offline LoveLiverpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #476 on: June 27, 2009, 04:00:30 pm »
Bet 4: £428.84 on Tommy Haas@ 1.37. In play  WON ! . Returns £158.67

Get in Tommy Haas !!! only just won that !

Bet 5: £587.51 on Agnieszka Radwanska @ 1.34 In Play. Returns £199.75
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 05:45:48 pm by LoveLiverpool »

Offline NIred1

• Kopite
« Reply #477 on: June 27, 2009, 04:32:24 pm »

Bet 1 - £10 on T Robredo and E Dementieva returns £13.61
Bet 2 - £13.61 on PH Mathieu v T Berdych returns £19.05
Bet 3 - £19.05 on JC Ferrero v F Santoro (in running) returns £25.40
Bet 4 - £25.40 on I Karlovic to win a set v JW Songa returns £32.66
Bet 5 - £32.66 on  S Lisicki v S Kuznetsova S Kuznetsova 2-0 returns £51.28

Looks like I'm done here, woeful from Kuznetsova in the first.

Offline LoveLiverpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #478 on: June 27, 2009, 05:51:40 pm »
Get in Tommy Haas !!! only just won that !

Bet 5: £587.51 on Agnieszka Radwanska @ 1.34 In Play. WON !  ;D Returns £199.75

that was nice and easy ^^ the stakes are starting to get higher now  :-\ i might quit if i get to £1000 becuase thats to much for me

Bet 6: £187.26 on Usa to beat Brazil @8.6. Returns £1,423.18
Bet 6: £200 on over 1.5 Goals@1.33. Returns £66.00

Remaning Money £400.00
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 06:40:01 pm by LoveLiverpool »

Offline LoveLiverpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #479 on: June 28, 2009, 06:57:17 pm »
that was nice and easy ^^ the stakes are starting to get higher now  :-\ i might quit if i get to £1000 becuase thats to much for me

Bet 6: £187.26 on Usa to beat Brazil @8.6. Returns £1,423.18
Bet 6: £200 on over 1.5 Goals@1.33. Returns £66.00

Remaning Money £400.00