Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm  (Read 203514 times)

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm
« Reply #440 on: April 9, 2014, 08:30:47 am »
This is it. This is the mother of all cup finals. Biggest premier league game of last 24 years !! It doesn't get any bigger than this. This is war. We must triumph. We must save humanity. We must save football from those oil rich enemies of football. We must show the world a club with soul will always be bigger than a soulless club with insane money. If this doesn't get you pumped up then nothing will.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2014, 08:32:26 am by pjshaun »

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: April 9, 2014, 08:45:16 am »
This is it. This is the mother of all cup finals. Biggest premier league game of last 24 years !! It doesn't get any bigger than this. This is war. We must triumph. We must save humanity. We must save football from those oil rich enemies of football. We must show the world a club with soul will always be bigger than a soulless club with insane money. If this doesn't get you pumped up then nothing will.
But is it... A MUST WIN?

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: April 9, 2014, 09:11:16 am »
Went on the bluemoon forum. There are some proper scummy c*nts. Talking about the spirit of Wankly and saying how Hillsborough commemoration match should be cancelled because we caused Heysel or some shit like that.

Wtf is with that? Some times I find this forum gets on my tits but at least there is a bit of class. I hope we smash those twats and they go home fucking crying.

Offline JohnM

• Mystic tealeaf reader
  • Anny Roader
  • That's how they roll.
« Reply #443 on: April 9, 2014, 09:12:51 am »
You didn't misinterpret what the missus was telling you, did you?  ;D

No misinterpretation, its was in the Tea Leaves.

That's how they rolled, Inshaallah
JohnM

Do all that is necessary and nothing that is not

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
« Reply #444 on: April 9, 2014, 10:18:58 am »
So. Wednesday.

Its been a long week... will probably feel like an age before this game comes around.
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #445 on: April 9, 2014, 10:26:47 am »
Its been a long week... will probably feel like an age before this game comes around.

Unlucky in the Grand National, last week. You ran a good race.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #446 on: April 9, 2014, 10:44:03 am »
Hope we make them play twelve men.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #447 on: April 9, 2014, 11:00:29 am »
The idea that others are going through what you’re suffering from is  comforting.
Just think that there are grown fellas waking up in the middle of the night in Moscow , New York and Toronto and it’s not their prostate………,blokes watching old footage of the team in Huyton until three in the morning, poor concentration at work in Surrey, fretting as we take our  kids to school in LA or in Sydney…..or if you’re a teacher, talking about the team selection or past glories to your students as is my case over here in Italy - they might have problems with their irregular verbs but they all know about the diamond  formation and Wolves away in 1976 all right!…..
There are bosses wondering why scousers and non ( you don’t have to be a scouser to love our team) the world over are not performing at work at the moment….But we know ………….This is what family is all about…
I reckon that the whole concept of our  worldwide family is mind-blowing… Roll on Sunday…..

We are family fellas!!!! All in this one together!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVe_HcyP9Y

PS. Still waiting for someone to come out with the immortal “ but it’s only a game…grown men kicking a ball round…………..!!!

Oh no....!

If we're all a family...I suddenly have visions of what thousands of you are like when you're drunk.... :no
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #448 on: April 9, 2014, 11:06:40 am »
It goes without saying, this is an absolute must win. A draw won't be good enough, for me.

I know there are games for them to slip up after this (Everton and Palace away being the two). But if it ended up a draw between us two, the problem is they would need to lose one of those games OR draw both of them, for us to overtake them (if we were to win all of our games of course).

The GD is in their favor, so that's what we'll be requiring if we shared the points on Sunday. That is asking a lot, in my opinion. Two draws in both those games - nope can't see that. Or a loss and a win in those two games - again that is asking a lot. To be asking them to lose at this stage of the season to either of those two, is just wishing for too much. One draw and one win is something i see as very likely out of those two fixtures, but then that would mean they would win the title on GD.

It'll be very much out of our hands, if it's a draw.

WIN!

Agree with this.

That's why Man City fans seem very happy with a draw. They know.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2014, 11:08:42 am by The Special WUM »

Offline Koprich

• Fan categorisation police.
  • Kopite
« Reply #449 on: April 9, 2014, 11:08:08 am »
Does anyone have any decent information on the possible Silva ankle injury? Pellegrini says he will play but if he's nursing an injury he's had for a while it could affect his performance somewhat.

Aguero is back to full training unfortunately.

Offline Lippy The Lion

• Kopite
« Reply #450 on: April 9, 2014, 11:13:37 am »
Agree with this.

Will be interesting if for example the score is 1-1 after 70 odd mins, will Rodgers change his normal patient strategy and go for broke,  chuck a couple of extra attackers on and go 3 at the back? Possibly sacrifice the draw for the sake of a win?

God I hope it doesnt come to that.
'To do is to be' - Sartre

'To be is to do' - Descartes

'Do be do be do' - Sinatra

Offline Calftownred.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: April 9, 2014, 11:15:16 am »
Does anyone have any decent information on the possible Silva ankle injury? Pellegrini says he will play but if he's nursing an injury he's had for a while it could affect his performance somewhat.

Aguero is back to full training unfortunately.

Physio room also have Yaya Toure down as having a knock, updated after the Soton game. Not sure how reliable they are, though, as there was no mention of it during the game, and I can't find any other information on it.
Make us dream

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #452 on: April 9, 2014, 11:19:15 am »
Are we allowed to talk about the Suarez injury?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #453 on: April 9, 2014, 11:21:12 am »
nice try

Offline LGarcia10

• Main Stander
  • Make us dream
« Reply #454 on: April 9, 2014, 11:24:29 am »
Just got 2 tickets in LA, buzzing. It's going to be absolutely rocking, come on you red men!

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #455 on: April 9, 2014, 11:34:03 am »
Went on the bluemoon forum. etcetera

So why bring that bullshit on here?
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: April 9, 2014, 11:43:40 am »
Went on the bluemoon forum. There are some proper scummy c*nts. Talking about the spirit of Wankly and saying how Hillsborough commemoration match should be cancelled because we caused Heysel or some shit like that.

Wtf is with that? Some times I find this forum gets on my tits but at least there is a bit of class. I hope we smash those twats and they go home fucking crying.

Just like the blue side of Liverpool, these lot are a piece of work. Some of the bile they spout is plain disgusting - just like our small time neighbours.

The red mancs aren't no angels either, but you can find some class and dignity within their fanbase. These lot are just something else.

Offline TheDarkKnight

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers' Tricky Reds
« Reply #457 on: April 9, 2014, 12:04:02 pm »

Aye, I had a little nosey on there earlier and in what is now a 100 page match thread a minor amount of posts weirdly have references to Heysel. Not sure what they are looking to gain out of that other than to perhaps wind up Liverpool fans.

Also, a fair few posts by City fans in that thread having a go at the arrogance of RAWK posters, which is fine, but also incredibly hypocritical- they should take a look closer to home, given some of the predictions by their fellow fans.

Truth is it's going to be tight almost definitely, whenever two similarly-skilled teams match up that tends to be the case barring one side having an utterly bad day at the office/an early red card or something along those lines.

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: April 9, 2014, 12:05:31 pm »
I sense a 4-3 classic coming on with a Gerrard screamer for a winner.  If I'm still alive by that point I'll be going mental.
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: April 9, 2014, 12:07:05 pm »

The one he got when he was a kid?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #460 on: April 9, 2014, 12:24:22 pm »
What?

When?

Why?

WHY?!?!??

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: April 9, 2014, 12:27:37 pm »
Agree with this.

This is what worries me, Pellegrini will play a tactical game and hope to pick us off while making it very congested and difficult for us. A draw is all they need.

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
  • We've only won it six times..
« Reply #462 on: April 9, 2014, 12:33:22 pm »
Control Yaya Toure, control the game.

Why did this pop into my head when I read your post

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #463 on: April 9, 2014, 12:34:04 pm »
Pellegrini so far has said that his team will go for it, in the interviews I have seen. I don't think we can worry about them too much, just concentrate on getting our game sorted. A fast start, take any chances we create, and then we can alter the game plan if we need to. We've managed before I'm less worried about this game in truth, than the West Ham one last week. Whatever, we have the players to get a good result and Anfield will be bouncing.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
« Reply #464 on: April 9, 2014, 12:37:40 pm »
Pellegrini so far has said that his team will go for it, in the interviews I have seen. I don't think we can worry about them too much, just concentrate on getting our game sorted. A fast start, take any chances we create, and then we can alter the game plan if we need to. 

Yep, pretty much hearing the same.  Don't think he's got it in him to play defensively.
But like you, I think a fast start will be key... and obviously taking those chances early on.
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: April 9, 2014, 12:38:54 pm »
Is it Sunday yet?

Offline flipflan

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Back off Warchild
« Reply #466 on: April 9, 2014, 12:39:45 pm »
Crumbs on a bike, it's a big one.  I reckon 3-2 with at least one of the goals being a penalty.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: April 9, 2014, 12:51:35 pm »
By christ this game just can't come quick enough.

It's wonderful being in with a shout for that title but it's hard work at the same time! Win on Sunday and ideally Chelsea drop points then it's really, really, really fucking on. Lose and Chelsea win and all of a sudden with City's games in hand it's practically curtains.

Offline CoventryYNWA

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #468 on: April 9, 2014, 01:01:57 pm »
Anyone know if we have a mosaic planned for the game this weekend like we have done on previous Hillsborough anniversaries?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #469 on: April 9, 2014, 01:09:34 pm »

They're just jealous because they don't have the tea leaves.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #470 on: April 9, 2014, 01:10:39 pm »
This is what worries me, Pellegrini will play a tactical game and hope to pick us off while making it very congested and difficult for us. A draw is all they need.

The more he changes his tactics away from their natural game the better for us imo. Only time I've seen them do that this season was against Barca at the Etihad and they ended up getting bummed.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #471 on: April 9, 2014, 01:10:54 pm »
They're just jealous because they don't have the tea leaves.
Where is Shebabs/JohnM?

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #473 on: April 9, 2014, 01:14:25 pm »

Where is Shebabs/JohnM?

They have spoken mate. 4-2.

No need to even watch this now.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #474 on: April 9, 2014, 01:14:55 pm »
Just seen it!  Yes!

*punches air*

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #475 on: April 9, 2014, 01:16:07 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/N0GdQyIm7DU?version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/N0GdQyIm7DU?version=3</a>
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline xx

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #476 on: April 9, 2014, 01:26:31 pm »
We were the much better team at the Etihad. And definitely deserved to win. City got lucky. We wasted good chances, plus had a goal wrongly dissallowed, missed an open net, had a penalty claim turned down and Negredos goal was Mignolets fault.

This time round we are a better team, more confident, playing better football. Plus we have Gerrard and Sturridge back. 2 of arguably our top 3 players this season. Cissokho when he was shite for us was playing then too, he wont play this time but if he was to he is much better now. Sakho wasn't too good that game either. Also we are at HOME.

I honestly believe we should win this. But if somehow City manage to outplay us then fair enough but i can't see that happening.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: April 9, 2014, 01:26:44 pm »
There's two big options for me: the 4-3-3 that we played against Arsenal, with Coutinho and Henderson in front of Gerrard and Sterling wide. But we also played that against Swansea with a real openness, we'd want to play the version against Arsenal where we concede possession in exchange for the rapid countering. Or there's, as PoP said, the diamond to clog things up in the middle. I think the game for me there would depend on Sterling (or Coutinho) manipulating space.

For me, I'd be inclined to the former, Coutinho is perhaps more effective at home at least in terms of his passing game and I'd want him in the side in a central position. But it's a risk, I can see the temptation to go with Lucas/Allen in a diamond and maybe have Sterling/Coutinho as a sub option.

City are very good, a well rounded team with a good attack. But we matched them well away and home advantage tips this to us. In many ways I think Chelsea turning up to spoil us will be more difficult.

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #478 on: April 9, 2014, 01:29:11 pm »
League won't be won or lost this weekend. That is all.
'Transalpino 1978

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: April 9, 2014, 01:31:11 pm »
Think we will see side that started second half v West Ham start Sunday