Author Topic: England v Netherlands  (Read 80014 times)

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: England v Netherlands
« Reply #360 on: February 29, 2012, 03:28:26 pm »
what the hell could you possibly have against parker?

Apart from looking like a shit Jordan Henderson and trying to break Lucas' leg and limping around at every opportunity... not a lot.

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: February 29, 2012, 03:37:55 pm »
Apart from looking like a shit Jordan Henderson and trying to break Lucas' leg and limping around at every opportunity... not a lot.
I wonder at what stage tonight we'll see the Scotty Parker limp, accompanied by words from the commentator praising his bravery.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #362 on: February 29, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »
I was top scorer for England in the 2004 world cup. I captained the side in the 2010 world cup and was England's player of the tournament.

I know you've been quite out of the loop in terms of International tournaments but 2004 wasn't a World Cup year. ;)

And the last minute goal v West Ham wasn't the winner.

But otherwise, I agree!

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #363 on: February 29, 2012, 04:10:35 pm »
Talksport are saying that Stevie starts the game tonight.

If that's true, how embarassing for him.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: February 29, 2012, 04:14:10 pm »

Kick in the teeth if so.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #365 on: February 29, 2012, 04:14:10 pm »
Totally shocked by Durham and Gough on Talksport right now.  No good cop, bad cop from them.  Both agreeing that Stevie should be captain, and said that Pearce did an assassination of Stevie's character when saying what he looks for in a captain.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #366 on: February 29, 2012, 04:20:41 pm »
What a total tosser Pearce is. Saying the priority quality he was looking for in an England Captain was an unselfish player.

What a snub at Steven Gerrard.

Tosser.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #367 on: February 29, 2012, 04:21:10 pm »

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #368 on: February 29, 2012, 04:25:16 pm »
Joseph Barton ‏ @Joey7Barton

Scott Parker ahead of Steven Gerrard.........I'm speechless. #whatafarce

you tell them joey.

I hope holland kick england arses.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:27:57 pm by greyfade »

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #369 on: February 29, 2012, 04:28:44 pm »
what the hell could you possibly have against parker?
His whopper fans have made this site a juddering creaking wreck today. 

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: February 29, 2012, 04:31:19 pm »
What a total tosser Pearce is. Saying the priority quality he was looking for in an England Captain was an unselfish player.

What a snub at Steven Gerrard.

Tosser.

He's got a point, did you see how selfish he was when saving England from a humiliation against Hungry?!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: February 29, 2012, 04:32:17 pm »
the number of times i've heard the words "energy, honesty and integrity" today is beyond a joke already.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #372 on: February 29, 2012, 04:35:35 pm »

I hope they are wrong, Stevie played 2hrs+ of football on sunday and if he gets injured....
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #373 on: February 29, 2012, 04:36:09 pm »
Pearce pretty much wanted a captain in a mirror image of the qualities he embodied himself as a player. The problem is Parker isn't even his club captain, nor does he have a wealth of experience playing at international level. Hart will probably end up being long-term choice post Euros anyway

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #374 on: February 29, 2012, 04:39:50 pm »
Pearce pretty much wanted a captain in a mirror image of the qualities he embodied himself as a player. The problem is Parker isn't even his club captain, nor does he have a wealth of experience playing at international level. Hart will probably end up being long-term choice post Euros anyway

I think you might be right, but what a farce that would be.

The chances of Parker being a starting member of the team in 2014 are very slim given his age and the fact he's not actually that good.

After the Euro's it should be given to someone who will be around for the foreseeable. Hart, Rooney, Wilshere etc. Couldn't really care who, but someone who will definitely be involved in Brazil.

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: February 29, 2012, 04:40:37 pm »

Which wouldn't be a bad choiced, heck, I'd even be able to see why he'd be given it now. But Parker over Gerrard is just derpworthy, especially considering he won't be around for 2014.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #376 on: February 29, 2012, 04:41:09 pm »
He had an outstanding season last year (regardless of West Ham being relegated) and he has settled straight into Spurs' midfield and been a major part of where they are now.

It's embarrassing seeing the hate towards this guy because 'our Stevie' didn't get it. But we don't care - we aren't English, we are Scouse etc... So we'll faux hate England and their players and want them to lose and pray that our players are never picked for the national team again.

When in truth, people are annoyed Stevie didn't get it and I'm sure very few of you would begrudge him captaining England to success in the Euros.

It's boring and it's ridiculously transparent.

The captain's armband is less important these days... why are people getting so uptight about it?

He has had a great 18 months in terms of footballing performances. He is the complete opposite of John Terry in terms of character. I can easily see why they decided to give it to him.

Long as he gets injured with any and all non LFC players then I'm happy.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #377 on: February 29, 2012, 04:41:12 pm »
Pearce was doing nothing else, but falling to the whim of the press, he's only going to be in the big chair for a few months so might as well make it as comfy as possible.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #378 on: February 29, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »
From the FA.com

Steven Gerrard
Debut: 31/May/2000
Caps: 89, Goals: 19

Scott Parker
Debut: 16/Nov/2003
Caps: 10, Goals: 0

From Wikipedia:-

Liverpool FC honours -

Community Shield 2001 2006
League Cups 2000/01 2002/03 2011/12
FA Cups 2000/01 2005/06

UEFA Cup 2000/01 
UEFA Champions League 2004/05
UEFA Super Cup 2001 2005

Scott Parker Honours -

ClubCharlton Athletic
Football League First Division 1999–2000
Newcastle United
UEFA Intertoto Cup 2006

Are you having a laugh?

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: February 29, 2012, 04:41:46 pm »
If both Parker and Gerrard start tonight then its a disgrace to have Parker as captain ahead of him. Pearce is just taking the piss with that decision.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #380 on: February 29, 2012, 04:42:24 pm »

If that is really true and he's not been made captain then I would say the FA and Team Cockney have finally realised how much LFC fans hate them. I can agree with where they are coming from and they should let us withdraw all our players for the forseeable future.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #381 on: February 29, 2012, 04:45:06 pm »
I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say that maybe England will shift the armband around before the Euros. I wouldn't be surprised if Hart was captain for the next game. Everyone knows what Gerrard brings to the captaincy, so maybe they're just trying things out first. It's only a shitty friendly and I bet most of the English and Dutch players don't even want to be there.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: February 29, 2012, 04:46:04 pm »
Pearce is a c*nt... but he fits nicely into the FA.

He should have been fired as a u21 coach and if Gerrard should start tonight and Parker is the captain then I hope Stevie just leaves the dressing room and drives back to Liverpool....

Lets see how England would cope without Stevie but with the bravest man after Chuck Norris Scott Parker and btw another point for my Parker hate list unless he admits that he doesnt deserve it and give the armband to Stevie....

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #383 on: February 29, 2012, 04:46:14 pm »
He's got a point, did you see how selfish he was when saving England from a humiliation against Hungry?!

Yeah good point, 0-1 down losing to Hungary, Gerrard selfishly bagged two goals for himself. How selfish!

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #384 on: February 29, 2012, 04:46:44 pm »
Stuart Pearce is a fucking rent a quote fucking whopper who gives less than a fuck for anyone but himself and his pathetic 'management career'.

Fucking farcical that this man has managed to find his way to the England managers seat, not that it's that big a deal these days. The whole set up is a massive pile of shite.

Scott Parker ahead of Steven Gerrard as England captain? Fucking too funny. They keep doing it too. It should have been Stevie when they gave it to Terry. It should have been Stevie when they gave it to Ferdinand. The whole England set up is poisoned from top to bottom.

I really hope Woolnough and Winter choke to death on their croissants this sunday whilst they're wanking over Scotty's haircut in the Sunday papers.

Fucking shite. Hopefully Pearce gets the job full time. Fucking laughing stock.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: February 29, 2012, 04:48:30 pm »

Steven Gerrard:

Liverpool FC honours -

Community Shield 2001 2006
League Cups 2000/01 2002/03 2011/12
FA Cups 2000/01 2005/06

UEFA Cup 2000/01 
UEFA Champions League 2004/05
UEFA Super Cup 2001 2005

Not to mention 2 PFA player of the year awards (2005/06) (2008/09), PFA young player of the year (2000/01) and countlessly being in the UEFA European team of the year.

Oh and England's top scorer at the 2006 World Cup and their best player in 2010 despite playing out of position to accomodate losers such as Barry in the side.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:51:04 pm by stmichael »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #386 on: February 29, 2012, 04:49:15 pm »
I wonder if the great innovator will have an outfield shirt ready for Joe Hart should England need an extra striker for the last 10 minutes like he did With David James at City.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #387 on: February 29, 2012, 04:49:55 pm »
From sitting on the bench at Chelsea, to playing poorly for Newcastle, then having one good season at West Ham, to being England captain? Really...

The lion hearted Scotty fucking Parker, but to be fair, he's a twiffic lad.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #388 on: February 29, 2012, 04:50:40 pm »
Not to mention 2 PFA player of the year awards (2005/06) (2008/09), PFA young player of the year (2000/01) and countlessly being in the UEFA European team of the year.
They are not even worth comparing, honestly if I met a Scouser who supported England Id ask him why?

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #389 on: February 29, 2012, 04:51:12 pm »

This isn't meant to sound disrespectful to Steven Gerrard, because what he has achieved is awesome.

But i felt it unnecessary to drill down to the player awards, i kept it simply to Club and Country, to illustrate the team contribution.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #390 on: February 29, 2012, 04:55:02 pm »
Really couldn't care less if Gerrard was Captain. I'd rather he didn't play for them at all. Let the southerners have 'their' man.

I'll be more pissed off if Gerrard doesn't come off at halftime.. Why Pearce feels the need to play him anyway is beyond me.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #391 on: February 29, 2012, 04:55:25 pm »
I would like to say that I am shocks by Parker being named England's captain... but alas I am not.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #392 on: February 29, 2012, 04:57:52 pm »
It's The FA - what did everyone expect?  Stuart Pearce had nothing to do with this decision if you ask me - he has been told what to do.

Stevie, you're too good for that pail of shite, retire on the eve of the Euro's (like two hours before the first game) and concentrate on winnning the league with Libpool in the next 3 years.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #393 on: February 29, 2012, 05:04:01 pm »
the number of times i've heard the words "energy, honesty and integrity" today is beyond a joke already.

To be fair to Pearce they are the only big words he knows, he doesn´t know what they mean but he does like them.

I truly hope Holland stuff England tonight
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #394 on: February 29, 2012, 05:06:31 pm »
Oliver Kay ‏ @OliverKayTime RT @StanCollymore: England Team v Holland. Hart/Richards Smalling Cahill Baines Parker Barry/A Johnson Young Gerarrd /Wellbeck #talksport
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #395 on: February 29, 2012, 05:06:54 pm »
I truly hope Holland stuff England tonight

With a Gerrard screamer or two as consolation.

Oliver Kay ‏ @OliverKayTime RT @StanCollymore: England Team v Holland. Hart/Richards Smalling Cahill Baines Parker Barry/A Johnson Young Gerarrd /Wellbeck #talksport

Parker and Barry - is there a more plodding, one paced International midfield than that, this side of Ireland? ;)

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: February 29, 2012, 05:08:25 pm »
how the fuck does gareth barry keep getting picked for club and country?

Offline El_Pistolero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: February 29, 2012, 05:09:36 pm »
Barry. :lmao

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #398 on: February 29, 2012, 05:09:44 pm »

I hope Gerrard knows that we are playing Arsenal this Saturday
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: February 29, 2012, 05:09:52 pm »
Gerrard's lucky Cleverley is out for this one.