Author Topic: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion  (Read 266849 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion
« Reply #1280 on: June 19, 2011, 10:10:40 pm »
Honestly?

Log off you massive massive gimp.

Why?

What's your problem?

See you have add a lot to Rawk  ::)

Offline JasbinderX

• Rashid? Is that you Rashid? Doesn't understand football
  • Kopite
« Reply #1281 on: June 19, 2011, 10:11:39 pm »
Hasnt Mr Alex Ferguson just done that with fucking Jones you bell?

But to even the most sternest outsider, Jones looks a decent player. He's been probably Englands best players in the U21's. Hate to say that. At least with him you can see why they paid so much, he has raw talent.

Even with Carroll, you can see his attributes and what he can bring to the team if he's fit and playing full steam. But you can't see any of that with Henderson.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1282 on: June 19, 2011, 10:12:02 pm »
far too many people here willing to judge based on limited exposure....but it is a forum, so everyone is entitled to an opinion

however, i do sense an awful lot of people queuing up to say "don't like what i see from him having seen him playing for sunderland/england/his school team....no technique, blah blah blah.....but i will wait and see what he is like in a liverpool shirt...."

bollocks, you are just waiting for him to put in an average performance, then you will be straight on saying how shite he is and how right you were.....
the discussion on henderson is fairly shallow...there are good posts - balanced posts - from those who both rate and do not rate him....but largely, too many people basing judgement on the fee, or on appearances for england u-21 (ffs, go read l6 red's thread about henderson and emlyn hughes), or just from their typical negative "he's not good enough for lfc" soap box

i haven't seen enough of henderson to form a full opinion of him, i have seen some performances and can see positives from what i have seen, but i was hoping to get real insight from some who do know.....and other than the a few, the general theme is ruined by hyperbole and tangents into the transfer policy and fee and availability of further funds....the stated policy as we have heard is to take someone with english experience over someone without it where there is a choice, other than that we are biting on the media's "buy young british talent" based on links to henderson, wickham, downing (young?), adam (again, young?) and ignoring links to the likes of zapata, marveuax, maric....

i tend to think many rawk-ites/lfc fans have become so entrenched in finance matters after the last few years that every discussion is swung around to it.....and yet, the one thing we should have learned is that if you do not have enough information you do not have sufficient grounds for opinion, cos in matters of finance assumptions will more often than not send you down the wrong way

anyway, rant over....i do not know if henderson will be a success, and i don't have a complete opinion on his ability, but if comolli and dalglish have put sufficient work into scouting henderson's ability and character, this is why he was the first target for the summer (i.e. the one they wanted to wrap up quickly while they had the opportunity) and he will be given every chance by the club of succedding as a player at lfc
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1283 on: June 19, 2011, 10:12:10 pm »
Why?

What's your problem?

See you have add a lot to Rawk  ::)

You made a ridiculous statement, tbf.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: June 19, 2011, 10:13:12 pm »
:wellin @ Keyo!

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1285 on: June 19, 2011, 10:13:30 pm »
liverpool will play a much quicker pressing game which will suit hendo better

england played so slowly with no movement at all

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #1286 on: June 19, 2011, 10:14:07 pm »
Let's be honest. He had a very disappointing tournament.

Let's hope it's just the Stu Pearce effect and Kenny can does his magic on Hendo like he did with Spearo.

I'll judge him when playing for Liverpool...but at this moment, I rate Jay more highly, but am 100% behind Hendo and confident that he'll play much better under Kenny

Offline JasbinderX

• Kopite
« Reply #1287 on: June 19, 2011, 10:14:34 pm »
I can't believe one of our own supporters would be so derogatory as to say he can't lace Modric's boots.

Is Modric better right now? Absolutely.

Not fit enough to lace his boots? Jog on.

The comparison is as redundant as Messi as comparing Gerrard and Lucas.

Nonsense, so your saying it's unfair to compare Modric to Henderson because of age? Messi at 21 was already one of the greats. Gerrard in his early 20's was one of the greatest midfield players i've ever seen. Ronaldo at 20 was a massive talent. I could go on. Age shouldn't always be an excuse.

And honestly, if you're saying Henderson IS fit to lace Modric's boots then i want what your smoking.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:18:21 pm by JasbinderX »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1288 on: June 19, 2011, 10:15:42 pm »
Nonsense, Messi at 21 was already one of the greats. Gerrard in his early 20's was one of the greatest midfield players i've ever seen. Ronaldo at 20 was a massive talent. I could go on. Age shouldn't always be an excuse.

So you're saying that because we paid £16m for a 21 year old Henderson, he should be a world beater?

Are you a complete idiot or just a partial one!? ::)

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #1289 on: June 19, 2011, 10:15:51 pm »
But to even the most sternest outsider, Jones looks a decent player. He's been probably Englands best players in the U21's. Hate to say that. At least with him you can see why they paid so much, he has raw talent.

Even with Carroll, you can see his attributes and what he can bring to the team if he's fit and playing full steam. But you can't see any of that with Henderson.

Im finished , you constantly back up Jones but slag off Henderson , cant be doing with that.

Fuck Jones , fuck what everyone else is doing , grow some backbone and support Kenny and his players , in particular Henderson who if he cant get support from you and the rest of us then who will?

He hasnt played a game with us yet but people like you have already made a judgement based on a team managed by Bruce and Pearce , what the fuck have they won?

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: June 19, 2011, 10:15:53 pm »
Let's be honest. He had a very disappointing tournament.

Let's hope it's just the Stu Pearce effect and Kenny can does his magic on Hendo like he did with Spearo.

I'll judge him when playing for Liverpool...but at this moment, I rate Jay more highly, but am 100% behind Hendo and confident that he'll play much better under Kenny

He certainly didn't set the world on fire, but he also didn't have any more disappointing a tournament than anyone else on the team. And I definitely agree with you that in the position he played these last few games, I much prefer Spearing. Thankfully (hopefully) that's not Henderson's normal position.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: June 19, 2011, 10:16:32 pm »
Nonsense, Messi at 21 was already one of the greats. Gerrard in his early 20's was one of the greatest midfield players i've ever seen. Ronaldo at 20 was a massive talent. I could go on. Age shouldn't always be an excuse.

And honestly, if you're saying Henderson IS fit to lace Modric's boots then i want what your smoking.

It's an absolute twat of a statement anyway and used only by wools.

And if you're comparing him to Messi, Ronaldo and Gerrard, you're a proper gobshite.

Offline JasbinderX

• Kopite
« Reply #1292 on: June 19, 2011, 10:16:47 pm »
So you're saying that because we paid £16m for Henderson, he should be a world beater?

Are you a complete idiot or just a partial one!? ::)

No i'm saying age shouldn't always be an excuse for a player being average. Yes a player will improve massivley. But as the poster said it's unfair to comapre Henderson to Modric because of age. I was merely pointing out, that players at 20 are worldclass, so it's not always an excuse.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: June 19, 2011, 10:17:22 pm »
Jasbinderella, the question is: will you give him your full support in the stands next season?

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1294 on: June 19, 2011, 10:17:37 pm »
You can't judge Henderson in such a pathetic side with a utterly disgusting mentality towards how football should be played.

He wants to pass and move, he gets the ball, he has Fabrice fucking Muamaba milling about looking at the floor offering zero option, then Thomas Cleverly supposedly playing through the middle when in reality he is just standing out wide in his natural position.

If he was with Mancienne and Lansbury, with Albrighton and Sturridge outside then maybe we could talk, but its like throwing Iniesta in the Tranmere side and saying go ed - do your job, impossible.

But I thought his short passing did actually look impressive, he found feet majority of the time and his passing was precise on the whole, one shit long ball aside... as for comparisons with Modric? He was a proven international footballer when Spurs signed him, we are going to get 10 years out of of Jordan and I am 100% convinced he is going to be a success for us - also him and Luka play entirely different positions, strange.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: June 19, 2011, 10:17:41 pm »
liverpool will play a much quicker pressing game which will suit hendo better

england played so slowly with no movement at all

Aye. He won't be expected to sit that deep and hold. From what I've seen of his passing he does try to force it at times and look for the longer ball, though probably more in frustration at the lack of movement, but otherwise he keeps it nice and tidy
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: June 19, 2011, 10:18:51 pm »
I was merely pointing out, that players at 20 are worldclass, so it's not always an excuse.

Seriously, bar the ones you've named, how many others have shown the class that they have now at the age of 21!?

Bar Lucas from Sao Paulo, I can't think of many others that shown the ability to be worldbeaters under the right manager.

You've just compared Henderson to 3 of the best players in the world, two of which play in completely different positions. Your opinion is invalid and you're a massive tit to assume it IMO.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1297 on: June 19, 2011, 10:18:59 pm »
He will play across the midfield. I assume he'll tuck inside on the right, similar to Meireles, and allow the right back to bounce forward.

He'll eventually adapt into a more advanced role, IMO.

Yeah and I feel that he will do a good job on the right tucked inside

Well, you are fighting a losing battle if you feel the need to use 'Arry's views to back up your own.

I didn't say he'd take that long to develop.  I said judge him when he reaches the same age.  Seeing as you are holding up Modric as this suddenly world class players that our young midfielders should be judged against.

To be fair to 'arry he does know his stuff.

I am not saying Modric is world class. What I am saying is that 'arry has a right to kick off considering we paid 20m for Henderson.

If Henderson plays on the right, tucked inside then he can become good without question.

Yeah lets have this conversation in 5 years time then.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: June 19, 2011, 10:19:17 pm »
Jasbinderella, the question is: will you give him your full support in the stands next season?

As he spent so much time watching him at Sunderland, Jasbinder's part of the deal going the other way  ;D
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #1299 on: June 19, 2011, 10:19:26 pm »
You don't buy investments for the future for 20 million. For 20 million you buy players for now. Where's the scouting system?

Can you put up your source for how much we paid for him then?  Seeing that it's an undisclosed figure, and I don't mean media.

Even when the figure was £16 million, and then suddenly got bumped to £20 million, Comolli said that the figure was no where near what was being quoted.

Anyway, regardless of that, FSG have this type of policy for the Red Sox, and it's worked for them.  So, I'm not going to slag them when we've not seen what their vision can bring yet.

Can't believe that folk are moaning that we are spending money, after the years when Rafa had to sell to purchase.

Doing my fucking head in!
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline JasbinderX

• Kopite
« Reply #1300 on: June 19, 2011, 10:19:30 pm »

Of course. I wasn't like some bell ends who booed Raffa, Lucas, and co .... will always give my full support. Isn't this a chat forum?

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1301 on: June 19, 2011, 10:19:35 pm »

No i'm saying age shouldn't always be an excuse for a player being average. Yes a player will improve massivley. But as the poster said it's unfair to comapre Henderson to Modric because of age. I was merely pointing out, that players at 20 are worldclass, so it's not always an excuse.

Just noticed you're from Newcastle.

Explains alot.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: June 19, 2011, 10:20:21 pm »
Of course. I wasn't like some bell ends who booed Raffa, Lucas, and co .... will always give my full support. Isn't this a chat forum?

You can't even spell Rafa you utter gonk.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1303 on: June 19, 2011, 10:20:29 pm »

iirc, you was one of the ones leading the Lucas Scapegoat Brigade.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: June 19, 2011, 10:20:58 pm »
I can't believe one of our own supporters would be so derogatory as to say he can't lace Modric's boots.

Is Modric better right now? Absolutely.

Not fit enough to lace his boots? Jog on.

The comparison is as redundant as Messi as comparing Gerrard and Lucas.

Think it all started when Redknapp said that 22m for Modric was a derisory offer and that other midfidlers who wouldnt lace his boots were being bought for 20m.

He's right in the sense that a benchmark has been set for prices. If Jordan Henderson moves for 16m, aint no way 22m is enough for Modric. Should be double the Henderson price.

The whole "isnt fit to lace his boots" thing is secondary, but it\s quite clear Modric is a miles better player right now and is still young enough to continue to improve.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1305 on: June 19, 2011, 10:21:36 pm »
we didnt see the best of sturridge either due to englands poor tactics

phil jones was probably the only player who played to his normal level in all 3 games

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: June 19, 2011, 10:22:26 pm »
Might be worth not rising to his nonsense and getting back on topic. Critical analysis is perfectly acceptable but this constant revisiting of the fee and our evil British transfer policy is boring as shite

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: June 19, 2011, 10:22:31 pm »
iirc, you are one of the ones leading the Lucas Scapegoat Brigade.

Corrected
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1308 on: June 19, 2011, 10:22:38 pm »

You made a ridiculous statement, tbf.

Really?
I will run all my posts past you then. You happy now?

Offline Almo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1309 on: June 19, 2011, 10:23:00 pm »
This is a really depressing read, what has happened to our fans?

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: June 19, 2011, 10:23:33 pm »
Really?
I will run all my posts past you then. You happy now?

Please don't.

My brain would melt.

Offline Breitner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1311 on: June 19, 2011, 10:24:16 pm »
we didnt see the best of sturridge either due to englands poor tactics

phil jones was probably the only player who played to his normal level in all 3 games

No suprise given they were set up to defend. Still think he looks like a bit of a lump at times, but being a Man Utd player bought for a bargain price I'm sure he'll get all the patience and support he needs on here

Offline JasbinderX

• Kopite
« Reply #1312 on: June 19, 2011, 10:25:08 pm »
Seriously, bar the ones you've named, how many others have shown the class that they have now at the age of 21!?

Bar Lucas from Sao Paulo, I can't think of many others that shown the ability to be worldbeaters under the right manager.

You've just compared Henderson to 3 of the best players in the world, two of which play in completely different positions. Your opinion is invalid and you're a massive tit to assume it IMO.

Maybe not worlclass in the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, but there's been plenty of players out there who have been class at a young age in their late teens to early 20's.... Rooney, Fowler, Owen, Bale, Fabregas, Giggs, Anekla, Muller, Aguero ... etc etc Hell i'd even add Wilshire to the list.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #1313 on: June 19, 2011, 10:26:22 pm »
Yeah and I feel that he will do a good job on the right tucked inside

To be fair to 'arry he does know his stuff.

I am not saying Modric is world class. What I am saying is that 'arry has a right to kick off considering we paid 20m for Henderson.

If Henderson plays on the right, tucked inside then he can become good without question.

Yeah lets have this conversation in 5 years time then.

Personally, I don't give a fuck what 'Arry thinks Modric is worth, and even less how much he thinks we paid for Jordan.   It's got fuck all to do with him how much we paid for Henderson.  He's tried sticking his nose into our business far too much lately, and now trying to use us as a means to inflate his own players prices.  I get the feeling his shitting himself.

I think Kenny would just tell 'Arry to piss off.  He should worry about his own business, and butt out of ours.

You should stop looking over the garden fence and thinking the grass is greener
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1314 on: June 19, 2011, 10:26:43 pm »
He has had a poor tournament and there's no getting away from it.

Pearce played him far too deep which without doubt was a contributing factor, Henderson didn't look comfortable with being given the responsibility of being the  link between the back four and the midfield. On the occasions that Lansbury replaced him he looked much more adept at picking the ball up off the cb's or Muamba and bringing the ball out. At this level I was expecting Henderson to stamp his authority on the game and be a standout player but unfortunately it didn't happen and whilst Pearce's lack of tactical nous is partly responsible Henderson's lack of invention on the ball was something I was surprised by.

With that said I imagine for us he'll be played on the right or further up the field so he'll be able to play his more natural game, I look forward to seeing how he develops in a red shirt.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1315 on: June 19, 2011, 10:27:10 pm »
Please don't.

My brain would melt.

Didn't know you had a brain.

Ok I won't then.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1316 on: June 19, 2011, 10:27:33 pm »
Please don't.

My brain would melt.
please, shut it with you're petty nonsense
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: June 19, 2011, 10:28:14 pm »
Maybe not worlclass in the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, but there's been plenty of players out there who have been class at a young age in their late teens to early 20's.... Rooney, Fowler, Owen, Bale, Fabregas, Giggs, Anekla, Muller, Aguero ... etc etc Hell i'd even add Wilshire to the list.

Rooney has gone to shite since he went to United IMO, Bale was shit for the second half of the season, Fowler I'll let you have, Fabregas, Muller, Anelka and Aguero started in totally different countries with different youth setups so you can't compare them to England youth anyway and Wilshere has looked class so far, but I don't think he'll be a world beater.

Henderson has the ability to be a class player, so stop comparing him to already world class players, over hyping him beyond expectation and support the lad you bell.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1318 on: June 19, 2011, 10:28:17 pm »
Exactly the same after each England under21 games. You absolute knee jerk bellends. Mods do RAWK a favour and lock this shit.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: June 19, 2011, 10:29:39 pm »
please, shut it with you're petty nonsense
ha!