Author Topic: Liverpool 1-1 Man City (2-1): (Gerrard, pen) Half time.....  (Read 90528 times)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Pack that motherfucking midfield with 5 and work like trojans

Kuyt to play up top

Downing, Adam, Carroll in the stands
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
The underachievers have been warned.  Get to work, or get kicked to the curb.  Win or lose, if we don't see a 100% performance from all the players chose to play, I think we'll see some changes going on.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The underachievers have been warned.  Get to work, or get kicked to the curb.  Win or lose, if we don't see a 100% performance from all the players chose to play, I think we'll see some changes going on.

Not sure this is the game for last chances, reckon its more a game for first chances. Want people in there who have been consistent and we know will work hard. Shelvey and Spearing have real chances to grab 1st team place here. They'll want it, they'll fight. They wont stop

Out of favour Kuyt the same up top

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
I really hope Spearing is okay for this, he could just be the key to us scoring a couple of goals and staying strong at the back. Never thought I'd say that a few years ago.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I really hope Spearing is okay for this, he could just be the key to us scoring a couple of goals and staying strong at the back. Never thought I'd say that a few years ago.

Jay Spearing simply has to play

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
Without a doubt, mate.
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So does Savic ;D

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
:lmao

Agreed, wharraplayer.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
Think we'll see this

GK - Reina

RB - Glen
CB - Skrtel
CB - Carra
LB - Enrique

DM - Agger
RCM - Henderson
LCM - Gerrard

LW -  Maxi
CF - Kuyt
RW - Downing

Keep Bellamy fresh for United, bring him on late vs City if we need him.
If spearing is fit, put him in for Agger in DM and take our Carra for Agger at CB.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:44:19 am by stevieG786 »

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
City could be without both Balotelli and Lescott.  Think Balotelli will surely get banned for his stamp but Lescott could be as well for his forearm smash in that game today. 

Offline csgreen

• Going through RAWK like a dose of Verucca Salts
  • Anny Roader
  • Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red.
Based on the way we finished the game at City and the feckless display at Bolton, my best guess is that we'll buy the 10 fattest guys we can find and then use them to completely plug up the goal (2 rows x 5 columns of fat guys).  Thus, my predicted team is (imagine you're looking straight at the goal):

| ------------- ------------- -------------  ------------- ------------- |
| | FAT GUY | | FAT GUY | | FAT GUY | | FAT GUY | | FAT GUY | |
| -------------  ------------ -------------  ------------- ------------- |

with Reina in front of the fat guy wall. 

Offline Jia Xiang

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Based on the way we finished the game at City and the feckless display at Bolton, my best guess is that we'll buy the 10 fattest guys we can find and then use them to completely plug up the goal (2 rows x 5 columns of fat guys).  Thus, my predicted team is (imagine you're looking straight at the goal):

There's only one Lampard, and Chelsea is never going to sell him to us by Wednesday.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
Not sure this is the game for last chances, reckon its more a game for first chances. Want people in there who have been consistent and we know will work hard. Shelvey and Spearing have real chances to grab 1st team place here. They'll want it, they'll fight. They wont stop

Out of favour Kuyt the same up top
One of those difficult decisions for Kenny eh?  Play some of the fringe players and lose, creates more pressure.  Play the usual suspects and lose, creates more pressure.  Win and it doesn't matter who is picked, we're going to Wembley.  Almost as important as how the team reacts, is who Kenny will pick to go out there and get the job done.  I have a feeling he's as serious as a heart attack after Bolton.

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC

problem is trying to stack the fat guys on top of other fat guys!! they will crumble by the weight! so I suggest 5 fat guys on the bottom row and 5 flashy guys who can jump around if needed and block out shots with their bodies without the use of their hands!! Reina can play the sole Keeper who will have pops at their goal with the long punts!
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
I say we play 10 extremely extremely small men and hide them in various positions around the pitch. 4 Corner flags, 4 posts and 2 of Reina's legs, where the most agile of the little men will have to run back and forth at different angles attempting to hide themselves.

City will then assume the match has been postponed and simply wait past the 90 minutes or forfeit players inadvertently by leaving the pitch.

If they play Barry, his hawk like vision may prove a threat, in which case the only reliable course of action is to sacrifice the said little men by forcing fouls. Namely, positioning themselves between the Manchester City players shoes and trying to fit between the studs and/or blades. Some casualties may be incurred but I believe Wembley justifies the loss.
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline ShibbyLFC

• Kopite
Pack that motherfucking midfield with 5 and work like trojans

Kuyt to play up top

Downing, Adam, Carroll in the stands

Didn't Stoke show everyone Kuyt can't play alone up top?

I'd go
Reina
Kelly Skrtel Agger Enrique
Henderson Spearing
Johnson Gerrard Downing
Carroll

if Spearing still can't play I'd either put Carra or Fabio there, or even Kuyt.

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
What I fear more is that we will scrape through Manchester City and get to the finals and then get hammered by championship team coz lack of effort like bolton game. City to win at Anfield 2.6to 1 looks really good bet though, while Scums 2.7 to 1 looks good also. Even though we are 1.5 to 1 to win the damn thing ccup.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
Didn't Stoke show everyone Kuyt can't play alone up top?

I'd go
Reina
Henderson Spearing
Johnson Gerrard Downing
Carroll

if Spearing still can't play I'd either put Carra or Fabio there, or even Kuyt.
but we dont need to attack. that is why kuyt will be effective then Carroll, he will defend from the front and we will have 8 others behind the goal just like second half at city. no need for Gerrard as well.  Reina,  Kelly, Johnson, Carra, Coates, Skrtel, Agger, Aurelio, Enrique, Spearing, Kuyt.
MICHELANGELO

Offline RevDog

• Main Stander
The perfect way to start Australia Day, at the pub watching Liverpool pass Manchester City on the way to Wembley. Come on you Reds!

Offline ShibbyLFC

• Kopite
but we dont need to attack. that is why kuyt will be effective then Carroll, he will defend from the front and we will have 8 others behind the goal just like second half at city. no need for Gerrard as well.  Reina,  Kelly, Johnson, Carra, Coates, Skrtel, Agger, Aurelio, Enrique, Spearing, Kuyt.

lol if you're serious then that is where we disagree. I think if we try to defend for 90 minutes we will lose. what happens if they sneak a goal in? then we're completely fucked as we have no way to get back in the game. we need to look for a 2nd goal before we lock it down.

Offline AMP

• Anny Roader
Reina
Johnson Gerrard Spearing Flanagan
Maxi
Shelvey

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
Reina
Johnson Gerrard Spearing Flanagan
Maxi
Shelvey

:'(
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”

-------------------Carroll--------------------
--------------Jonjo-----Gerrard------------
-------Aurelio---Spearing---Hendo------
Enrique----Agger-----Skrtel----Johnson
--------------------Reina---------------------

A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
City could be without both Balotelli and Lescott.  Think Balotelli will surely get banned for his stamp but Lescott could be as well for his forearm smash in that game today. 

Both incidents should be looked at, but it's unlikely they'll miss our games if they are banned as City will be given time to consider appealing, no?
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
Get Gerrard working off Carroll Ala how Nolan did for the toon. Gerrard is a complete waste in midifeld plus he is not that good there. Play Henderson and Spearing behind, and tell Adam to sort himself out or look for another club.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Get Gerrard working off Carroll Ala how Nolan did for the toon.

Decent shout that, he’s normally good at picking up/reading flicks and knock downs. He worked pretty well with Crouch. The only worry is we need a very solid midfield base to get the best out of Gerrard higher up otherwise he drops deep and goes looking to make things happen. Really hope Jay is back for this one but even if he is, will he also be able to play 2.5 days later against United?

Going to take some juggling to get the best out of us for both games.

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
Our Father who art in heaven......

For what we are about to receive may the Lord make us truly thankful
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
treat it like a european night

weve also had an extra weeks rest given we did fuck all saturday

get the flags and songs belted out from early on and lay siege into the bastards

fuck them and their money, were Liverpool!
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline LfcMonty

• Kopite
Alright boys just a quick one, taking my grandad to this, and were in the kop rekon it will be normal standing procedure all game??

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
Has Balotelli / Lescott faced the FA yet?
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Has Balotelli / Lescott faced the FA yet?
its only the morning after

give it time

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
its only the morning after

give it time

That's what I thought. Saw on another forum they're going to miss us, was confused.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline HuytonRed_91

• Anny Roader
  • Scouser's rule the country
treat it like a european night

weve also had an extra weeks rest given we did fuck all saturday

get the flags and songs belted out from early on and lay siege into the bastards

fuck them and their money, were Liverpool!

Spot on

Get Anfield rocking. Make it like chelsea in 05 and 07, in the ground early and make city bottle it.

make you'll never walk alone go on for longer than it normally does. like it was sang on big european nights.

Support the lads for the whole game no matter who it is playing.

We are Liverpool!
Come on you mighty reds

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Spot on

Get Anfield rocking. Make it like chelsea in 05 and 07, in the ground early and make city bottle it.

make you'll never walk alone go on for longer than it normally does. like it was sang on big european nights.

Support the lads for the whole game no matter who it is playing.

We are Liverpool!
when ever they get near the ball just boo their every touch and make sure we never give them a split second on the ball. we might not have lucas or suarez but they wont have kompany at the back which is a big big loss for them. can remember people telling me we would bottle it against real madrid with a similar headstart

i knew we would attack madrid but i was shocked just how good we were. theyll leave gaps at the back and we can exploit them.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
That's what I thought. Saw on another forum they're going to miss us, was confused.
not sure how long it took the fa to suspend gervinho for our game at the emirates this season

similar situation here

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
not sure how long it took the fa to suspend gervinho for our game at the emirates this season

similar situation here

That was the opening day of the season and we played them the following week. So he was suspended for the next available game although obviously there was a full week between them.

Not sure that helps answer teh question really!

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
5-5-0 formation?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
That was the opening day of the season and we played them the following week. So he was suspended for the next available game although obviously there was a full week between them.

Not sure that helps answer teh question really!
was thinking the same thing. maybe later on today or tomorrow well hear. the appeal for kompanys red was dealt with quickly enough. its not a major issue really. i havent seen this alleged forearm smash by lescott. Balotelli should be suspended. the referee doesnt seem to have taken action. i dont know whether his match report could influence anything. if he decided to take no action then balotelli will probably get away with it

even still they can just play aguero and dzeko, id rather it was one of them missing

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n

Yeah, he has come on really well. This game is so suited to him.

However, I did see the idea of having Dan Agger in midfield if Jay is not available. Good idea imho. Also would give us the experience of Carra. Nobody better than Carra when backs are agaisnt the wall.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, he has come on really well. This game is so suited to him.

However, I did see the idea of having Dan Agger in midfield if Jay is not available. Good idea imho. Also would give us the experience of Carra. Nobody better than Carra when backs are agaisnt the wall.
im actually wondering if carragher would play

the guy would take on city all by himself on nights like this. its taylor made for him.