Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool Preview (November 23 2013, Goodison Park, 12.45)  (Read 82785 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Everton v Liverpool Preview (November 23 2013, Goodison Park, 12.45)
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2013, 10:53:02 pm »
Great OP. I will look out for those things during the game. Really appreciate the analysis. :thumbup

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2013, 11:11:58 pm »
By the way, why is Martinez saying he has no regrets about turning down Liverpool, since when was he offered the job?
He isn't is he?  The quotes I saw were more that he has no regrets about not ending up at Liverpool.  He doesn't go into the circumstances of whether we told him thanks but no thanks or vice versa.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Torben Piechniks Y-Fronts

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird, upon my chest
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2013, 11:38:57 pm »
Was thinking about this game all day then read the opening post. Fuckin excellent post. Agree that Glen will be a key player both in blocking Baines and then getting in behind him when the spaces is there. Actually fancy this big style. I think we will outscore them, Jagielka is soild at the classic up and at em game but really fancy Suarez to rip him and new one and us to win 4-2.
I have my bottle of buckfast ready.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2013, 12:14:37 am »
Given Cissokho's not so impressive performances I reckon we can see Flanagan at right back and Johnno moving over to the left.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2013, 12:29:03 am »
This is set to be a cracker. They'll score, I'm sure of it. We'll score more.

We'll win this 5-4 with a Gerrard belter in the 92nd minute. Yes yes.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2013, 12:57:08 am »
Agree with PoP's suggested team. Sakho for Agger is a must for me. Also don't think Cissokho is good enough going forward to play 3 at the back.
Worried about Rodger's comments on Sturridge - I can see this being a frustrating draw where we don't take our chances.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2013, 01:21:52 am »
He isn't is he?  The quotes I saw were more that he has no regrets about not ending up at Liverpool.  He doesn't go into the circumstances of whether we told him thanks but no thanks or vice versa.

Martinez, whose decision was vindicated when he won the FA cup with the Latics the following season, says the Liverpool job did not feel “right” and is glad he now has the chance to manage the Toffees.

“It’s been a question asked many times,”

“Things in life happen for a reason and it was well-documented that summer. It was a time of trying to find out what was next from my point of view and Wigan Athletic at that time.

“Everything ended up that it wasn’t the right time or the right move.

"I believe everything in football and life happens for a reason - and I am extremely proud and honoured to be Everton manager."

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:41:38 am by Zawk »

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2013, 03:17:08 am »
If Cissokho is fit and the manager goes with Glen Johnson at LB and someone else, say Flanagan (or Henderson as some have suggested) at RB with a back 4, then I think Cissokho may actually be sent back in January.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2013, 03:49:26 am »
If Cissokho is fit and the manager goes with Glen Johnson at LB and someone else, say Flanagan (or Henderson as some have suggested) at RB with a back 4, then I think Cissokho may actually be sent back in January.

Why would he not play Cissokho there. He was brought in here to compete with Enrique. Enrique is injured so Cissokho will play. He's done OK thus far and no need to screw with Glen Johnson or make a mistake of inserting Flano or Kelly. Flano is not good enough for this game and Kelly needs some game time under his belt to deserve a start against Everton.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2013, 03:58:03 am »
Why would he not play Cissokho there. He was brought in here to compete with Enrique. Enrique is injured so Cissokho will play. He's done OK thus far and no need to screw with Glen Johnson or make a mistake of inserting Flano or Kelly. Flano is not good enough for this game and Kelly needs some game time under his belt to deserve a start against Everton.

It is not my opinion (let alone hope) that BR chooses anyone other than Cissokho to play as LB or LWB. I was just responding to previous suggestions to the contrary.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2013, 04:03:25 am »

Well, it's debatable how good Cissokho has been, isn't it? I have my hopes for him, but I think this derby came too soon for him. People critisize that, but I'd feel better with Johnson and Henderson as full backs.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2013, 04:36:46 am »
Given Cissokho's not so impressive performances I reckon we can see Flanagan at right back and Johnno moving over to the left.

That's a good possibility.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Everton v Liverpool Preview (November 23 2013, Goodison Park, 12.45)
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2013, 05:10:25 am »
After watching the bitters this year the main difference I can see from the crazy frog days is when they get in front.

They defend a lead by dominating possession and are quite happy to stroke it around deep, backwards, sideways whatever it takes but dominate the ball and hit you on the break. There's none if the deep, backs to the wall stuff that they used to do.

As far as I can see, it's important we are not chasing the game as it's very difficult to do against them.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2013, 06:07:43 am »
Really good preview. Can't wait for this, hope we smack the bitters.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline Old Gregg

• Main Stander
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2013, 06:44:55 am »
Would rather see Glen handling Baines, than Flanno.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2013, 07:12:02 am »
Assuming he is fit, not playing Cissokho would be a pretty dramatic vote of non confidence by Rodgers, and I personally would be very surprised.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2013, 07:24:11 am »
Radio City 96.7 ‏@RadioCity967 47s

NEWS: Police dogs will be out on patrol at Goodison Park tomorrow to sniff out fans taking in flares.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2013, 07:31:56 am »
Have a feeling that our recent (bad) record of games drawn after the international break will haunt us. Hope PoP is right

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #178 on: November 22, 2013, 07:45:49 am »

NEWS: Police dogs will be out on patrol at Goodison Park tomorrow to sniff out fans taking in flares.

HA! a mere police sniffer dog against a box of Jaffa Cakes?
-YNWA-

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2013, 08:27:08 am »
That's a good possibility.

Echo reporting Flano starts - but on the left!

Obviously the lads been doing something good work in training, Kolo talking him up etc. Maybe a defensive-minded left back to deal with Meireles leaving Johnson to continue the good form with Henderson on the right v's the space you suggested v's Baines.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2013, 08:31:44 am »
Echo reporting Flano starts - but on the left!

Obviously the lads been doing something good work in training, Kolo talking him up etc. Maybe a defensive-minded left back to deal with Meireles leaving Johnson to continue the good form with Henderson on the right v's the space you suggested v's Baines.

Meireles is a right bastard, us Chelsea and Everton?!

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2013, 08:32:35 am »
Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers is ready to hand Jon Flanagan his derby debut against Everton on Saturday.

The 20-year-old Academy graduate is vying with Aly Cissokho for the left-back spot after Jose Enrique was ruled out for two months with a knee injury.

Flanagan, who made his first Premier League start for 19 months against Arsenal earlier this month, has successfully battled his way back into the manager's plans.

He's more suited to the right-back role but has deputised on the other flank previously and Rodgers has no concerns about the prospect of putting him into the white-hot atmosphere of a Goodison derby .

Flanagan has clocked up 18 first-team appearances over the past two and a half years but Saturday would be the first time he has faced the Blues.

“With Jose out, I've got Aly who came in as cover but I've also got other options like young Jon Flanagan,” Rodgers told the ECHO.

“Jon has been outstanding in training and he seems to be getting better and better.

“He did very well against Arsenal. He didn't do anything wrong in that game.

“When he came off, it was simply because we wanted to be more offensive as we were chasing the game.

“Jon is a young player who will never let you down. Of course it's disappointing if you lose your No 1 left-back for a few months but it's an opportunity for someone else to come in and do well.”

Rodgers experimented with Mamadou Sakho at left-back in the defeat to Southampton in September but he has ruled out playing the big £15million centre-back there against the Blues.

“We looked at that once and it didn't quite work for us,” he admitted.

“It's an option but we would prefer more mobility there. It takes away our offensive treat.

“I'm not concerned about that position. Cissokho and Flanagan can both play there.

“Whether Jon has played at right-back or left-back he has never let the team down.”

Enrique is set to undergo surgery after breaking down in training after aggravating a long-standing knee problem.

The Spaniard had hoped that five weeks on the sidelines had cured the injury prior to making his comeback as a substitute against Fulham a fortnight ago.

However, it has continued to restrict him and the decision has been made for him to go under the knife. He's unlikely to be back in action until late January.

“It's disappointing to lose Jose as he's a very good player,” Rodgers said.

“It's been ongoing over the past two and a half months and it's been difficult for him.

“He rested it to see if that would sort it out but he's come back and he's still got the problem. It's not a major operation but it will probably means he's out for a couple of months.”

Luis Suarez arrived back on Merseyside tonight after benefiting from the use of principal owner John W Henry's private plane to speed up his return from Uruguay.

The striker played the full 90 minutes against Jordan in Montevideo on Wednesday night as his nation booked their passage to next summer's World Cup finals.

“We're thankful to the owners as if Luis had got a normal flight he wouldn't have been back until Friday lunchtime,” Rodgers said.

“We wanted to get him back as early as possibly to get him rested and ready for the game on Saturday.”

Daniel Sturridge and Steven Gerrard continued their recovery from their midweek exploits with England by training away from the main group at Melwood on Thursday.

However, Rodgers expects them both to be fit to face the Blues.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-manager-brendan-rodgers-6329853

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2013, 08:34:19 am »
Meireles is a right bastard, us Chelsea and Everton?!

Meirelles - dam autocorrect on my phone!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2013, 08:45:35 am »
Despite most peoples concerns when Flanagan started against Arsenal I don't think he done anything wrong in that game. He got up and down the wing and played OK.

I think he is capable of playing half a dozen games a season to cover for injured players. United used to be really good at bringing in players like Wes Brown or John O'Shea to play the odd game here and there and they got good performances out of them.

The problem is when you start relying on these players to play a lot and Flanagan may get quite a few games until January and that's when he may get exposed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 08:47:17 am by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline midnightmark

• Kemlynite
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2013, 08:46:07 am »
Meirelles - dam autocorrect on my phone!
Mirallas!

Offline midnightmark

• Kemlynite
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2013, 08:53:16 am »
Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers is ready to hand Jon Flanagan his derby debut against Everton on Saturday.

The 20-year-old Academy graduate is vying with Aly Cissokho for the left-back spot after Jose Enrique was ruled out for two months with a knee injury.

Flanagan, who made his first Premier League start for 19 months against Arsenal earlier this month, has successfully battled his way back into the manager's plans.

He's more suited to the right-back role but has deputised on the other flank previously and Rodgers has no concerns about the prospect of putting him into the white-hot atmosphere of a Goodison derby .

Flanagan has clocked up 18 first-team appearances over the past two and a half years but Saturday would be the first time he has faced the Blues.

“With Jose out, I've got Aly who came in as cover but I've also got other options like young Jon Flanagan,” Rodgers told the ECHO.

“Jon has been outstanding in training and he seems to be getting better and better.

“He did very well against Arsenal. He didn't do anything wrong in that game.

“When he came off, it was simply because we wanted to be more offensive as we were chasing the game.

“Jon is a young player who will never let you down. Of course it's disappointing if you lose your No 1 left-back for a few months but it's an opportunity for someone else to come in and do well.”

Rodgers experimented with Mamadou Sakho at left-back in the defeat to Southampton in September but he has ruled out playing the big £15million centre-back there against the Blues.

“We looked at that once and it didn't quite work for us,” he admitted.

“It's an option but we would prefer more mobility there. It takes away our offensive treat.

“I'm not concerned about that position. Cissokho and Flanagan can both play there.

“Whether Jon has played at right-back or left-back he has never let the team down.”

Enrique is set to undergo surgery after breaking down in training after aggravating a long-standing knee problem.

The Spaniard had hoped that five weeks on the sidelines had cured the injury prior to making his comeback as a substitute against Fulham a fortnight ago.

However, it has continued to restrict him and the decision has been made for him to go under the knife. He's unlikely to be back in action until late January.

“It's disappointing to lose Jose as he's a very good player,” Rodgers said.

“It's been ongoing over the past two and a half months and it's been difficult for him.

“He rested it to see if that would sort it out but he's come back and he's still got the problem. It's not a major operation but it will probably means he's out for a couple of months.”

Luis Suarez arrived back on Merseyside tonight after benefiting from the use of principal owner John W Henry's private plane to speed up his return from Uruguay.

The striker played the full 90 minutes against Jordan in Montevideo on Wednesday night as his nation booked their passage to next summer's World Cup finals.

“We're thankful to the owners as if Luis had got a normal flight he wouldn't have been back until Friday lunchtime,” Rodgers said.

“We wanted to get him back as early as possibly to get him rested and ready for the game on Saturday.”

Daniel Sturridge and Steven Gerrard continued their recovery from their midweek exploits with England by training away from the main group at Melwood on Thursday.

However, Rodgers expects them both to be fit to face the Blues.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-manager-brendan-rodgers-6329853
If Rodgers does start Jon Flanagan at left back (but why not have Johnson there and Jon at right back? ???) then he really must not fancy Aly Cissokho at all now. As GrkStav alluded to above he could be sent packing in January, a la Sahin. Especially if Enrique shows signs of a sharpish recovery.

As for Saturday, I’d personally like to see 3 centre backs again! I don’t feel like Agger/Skrtel should be dropped but I want Sakho in.

Offline awiin

• Main Stander
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2013, 09:14:40 am »
Flano on the left! 8)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2013, 09:23:40 am »

They'll sniff out fuckin thousands of them. They're bad, bad teds the blues. 

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2013, 09:24:50 am »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2013, 09:29:01 am »
I think if he starts Flano (I personally think the lads a little "rash" still at times) on the left then it is purely to nullify Baines, and provide a much better attacking outlet that Baines leaves. Johnson will exploit this better than Flano would.

It's quite an aggressive move if he does IMO.

Although I'm not sure how much this will affect Cissokho's future here.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2013, 09:30:29 am »
I think if he starts Flano (I personally think the lads a little "rash" still at times) on the left then it is purely to nullify Baines, and provide a much better attacking outlet that Baines leaves. Johnson will exploit this better than Flano would.

It's quite an aggressive move if he does IMO.

Although I'm not sure how much this will affect Cissokho's future here.

I cant see Cissokho being here after January. I'd imagine we will sign a new LB in January, but i'll save that for the WTF.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2013, 09:37:02 am »
Flanno gets games against Arsenal and now potentially Everton. He was solid against Arsenal, but to play him left back is risky. I'm not too sure why you wouldn't just switch Glen and Flanno to allow him to play in his favoured position, and we all know Glen is more than capable as a left back.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2013, 09:40:22 am »
Flanno gets games against Arsenal and now potentially Everton. He was solid against Arsenal, but to play him left back is risky. I'm not too sure why you wouldn't just switch Glen and Flanno to allow him to play in his favoured position, and we all know Glen is more than capable as a left back.
Because most of our attacks come down the right side, would you want to weaken the attacking threat by playing Flanno there rather than Johnson?

If he plays left back he will have Coutinho ahead of him so he wouldn't need to provide as much attacking threat and can concentrate on the defensive side which will be higher that side as he won't get as much protection from Coutinho.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:44:51 am by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2013, 09:42:51 am »
Because most of our attacks come down the right side, would you want to weaken the attacking threat by playing Flanno there rather than Johnson?

If he plays left back he will have Coutinho ahead of him so he wouldn't need to provide as much attacking threat and can concentrate on the defensive side which will be higher that side as he won't get as much support from Coutinho.

Our attacking threat would just shift from the right hand side to the left hand side. Only argument is that we don't want to see Baines up against Flanno, but then again Mirallas poses a great threat as well. Enrique being injured has buggered us a tad.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2013, 09:50:43 am »
Our attacking threat would just shift from the right hand side to the left hand side. Only argument is that we don't want to see Baines up against Flanno, but then again Mirallas poses a great threat as well. Enrique being injured has buggered us a tad.
True but would Johnson provide the width or would he cut in even more onto his right foot? It all seems a bit of square pegs in round holes. We cannot underestimate the importance of the full-backs in this system. We have won every game this season that Enrique and Johnson have started.

As I said earlier players like Flanno are capable of playing half a dozen games a season but we could be relying on him until January.

For me we needed cover for Johnson more than we did for Enrique but that has now switched. We are very light in both full-back positions.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2013, 09:53:29 am »
True but would Johnson provide the width or would he cut in even more onto his right foot? It all seems a bit of square pegs in round holes. We cannot underestimate the importance of the full-backs in this system. We have won every game this season that Enrique and Johnson have started.

As I said earlier players like Flanno are capable of playing half a dozen games a season but we could be relying on him until January.

For me we needed cover for Johnson more than we did for Enrique but that has now switched. We are very light in both full-back positions.

It's a shame that Kelly hasn't been able to get up to speed post injury as he was genuinely one of our best players when he had that extended run in the side.

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2013, 10:00:42 am »
I know Cissokho hasn't looked great in certain games but to suggest Flannagan comes in and plays seems incredible to me. I would be really worried to see him up against either Peinaar or Mirallas.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2013, 10:04:20 am »
It's a shame that Kelly hasn't been able to get up to speed post injury as he was genuinely one of our best players when he had that extended run in the side.
I think that's part of our problem at the moment, we have a lot of 'nearly' players at full-back. Kelly is great if/when he get's his fitness back, Flannagan is probably not quite good enough long-term, Wisdom isn't quite ready and neither is McLaughlin while Robinson is getting some game time he needs.

In a few years we will be well stocked at full-back with these players but none of them really help us now.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2013, 10:04:32 am »
No way do I want Flanno playing in this
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2013, 10:09:29 am »
Can't help thinking all this Flanno news is a smokescreen from Brendan. Why give such a valuable piece of team news to the opposition 24hrs before a Derby game? It just doesn't make sense unless he is sending a message to Jon Flanagan himself that he has full faith in him.

If he does indeed go with Flanno then so be it and I hope we all get behind the lad (I'm sure we will). But i still think we may see a buoyant Sakho playing LB tomorrow with him and Agger switching when necessary to nullify Lukaku.