Author Topic: Darren Fletcher Retires From Football !!  (Read 6176 times)

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Darren Fletcher Retires From Football !!
« Reply #40 on: May 1, 2012, 01:45:37 am »
as much as i hate anything Man U, my sympathies are with him having to be forced to end doing something he loves

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 1, 2012, 01:51:49 am »
christ. never really read into what was keeping him out just presumed it was a physical injury. after reading that it just sounds horrendous. sad for the fella because he became an important player in midfield for man u for a while. we'll have to wait for an official retirement though instead of twitter
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #42 on: May 1, 2012, 01:59:21 am »
Sad for him. Horrible illness. Good luck to him in the future.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: May 1, 2012, 03:55:10 am »
I never rated him much as much of a player, but very sad for the lad to have his career ended this way.

Offline Billman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: May 1, 2012, 04:03:22 am »
Tough break if true, awful when a professional sportsman has his short career snatched away from him like that.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #45 on: May 1, 2012, 04:15:39 am »
Feel sad for him. Good luck entering the next stage of life, Darren
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 1, 2012, 07:26:27 am »
Sad for the lad to have to retire so early if it's true. Was a solid player.

Hope his health improves. In terms of a career, short it may have been but not many players can say they've captained their country, won a few titles, a European cup and played 300 times for United, so fair play to him for that.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 1, 2012, 07:41:35 am »
Sad for the lad to have to retire so early if it's true. Was a solid player.

Hope his health improves. In terms of a career, short it may have been but not many players can say they've captained their country, won a few titles, a European cup and played 300 times for United, so fair play to him for that.

Indeed.

Best of luck to Fletcher in the future, sad to hear he is probably retiring due to the circumstances.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 1, 2012, 07:47:12 am »
What happened to him?
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Michaelanscombe

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: May 1, 2012, 08:07:17 am »
He has Ulcerative Colitis. My dad suffered from it when i was a kid and the only cure is to take away the large bowel.  My dad had that done around 1993 and then had a colostumy bag for a year before having another operation which reversed it and connected the small bowel up with pouches sewn in to slow down his bowel movements.  Horrible illness which thankfully my dad is rid of now but when i heard he had it i didnt think it would be long.  The drugs alone he will be taking would be enough to stop him being able to play.
Suarez is not a Racist

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: May 1, 2012, 08:07:35 am »
My country's captain and a top, top lad by all accounts. Hope it isn't true.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 1, 2012, 08:10:00 am »
Jesus thats a blow for him. Seriously good player who as others have said did a great job in the position he played. Hope he keeps well.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #52 on: May 1, 2012, 08:24:18 am »
Shame that, all the best to him.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #53 on: May 1, 2012, 08:29:27 am »
Apparantly someone's overegging things a bit. Supposedly asked by a group of Mancs watching the game if he'd be back next season and he shook his head. A bit different from retiring. All the same, bastard of an illness he's got and I wish him the best in overcoming it.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #54 on: May 1, 2012, 08:52:29 am »
Wow.

United's best pure CM, in my opinion.
You might say United's only pure midfielder, a massive blow. Even though he's a Manc you got to feel sorry for him. He showed great character in his career, he was first roundly slated and came back to be a fine midfielder, remind you of anyone?

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #55 on: May 1, 2012, 08:57:44 am »
On closer inspection this seems to be just a twitter rumour

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #56 on: May 1, 2012, 08:59:48 am »
Average stuff? Fine? Horrible career ending diseases and more? Not really good news no.

And I also said "On a personally level its sad for him but its what I like when it comes to Utd!"

You being selective KC? Yes

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #57 on: May 1, 2012, 09:00:46 am »
Locked unless something more reliable is reported.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2012, 12:21:09 pm »
He's back, apparently. I wish the very best of luck, hope he is able to find his fitness and well being.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2012, 12:25:33 pm »
Yep, saw he was playing a part in pre-season.

Pleased for him, not only getting over his health issues, but showing the determination to get through the physical demands needed to reach the top again.

Good luck to him

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2012, 12:30:27 pm »
Dont know much about the disease but if he plays to his previous level this season must be an brilliant example & inspiration to fellow sufferers, for this reason hope he does.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2012, 12:55:35 pm »
Best of luck to him.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2012, 07:56:16 pm »
Hopefully he gets back to full fitness and is able to live comfortably with his illness. I also wish that he plays shite whilst he is a Utd player.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez