Author Topic: Dare to believe  (Read 900 times)

Offline Lorik_Lfc

• Main Stander
Dare to believe
« on: April 23, 2014, 06:47:05 am »
Sorry if this was posted in the wrong place lads, but I woke up and felt the need to write something, anything. I can't contain my excitement, I can't eat properly, I can't sleep properly, I can't even be bothered to please my girlfriend properly. 3 more games, 3 more games. If we succeed. then I'll be able to eat, sleep and please. Dare to believe.

24 years. This will echo inside the minds of many Liverpool supporters who for almost a quarter of a century have had to endure many years of dissatisfaction. Is Brendan Rodgers, a man born in Carnlough in Northern Ireland about to awaken the sleeping giant of British football? Since joining the football club in June 2012 from Swansea City, Rodgers has transformed the mentality of the club. The style of football in which Liverpool have asserted themselves in this season has been frightening. Their 5-1 demolition of Arsenal portrayed a club with overwhelming confidence and belief. Rodgers is a coach who is passionate about the evolvement of young players. Raheem Sterling has become a first-team regular, with the likes of Jon Flanagan and Phillipe Coutinho joining him in the famous Liverpool starting XI. Rodgers has ascertained the importance of youth development and it is evident that the Liverpool manager is planning to create a dynasty at the club. After 35 matches, Liverpool have acquired 80 points. Their goal tally of 96 is currently the best in the league and it is largely thanks to the SAS partnership of Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez which has been deadly. The two players have contributed 50 goals between them and they have proven to be the Premier League's most pulsating striking partnership. With such a prominent attack it may be inevitable to concede that Liverpool’s defence is frail and susceptible to mistakes. 44 goals have been conceded and this must worry Rodgers. Others may say that their brilliant attack overshadows their weak defence, however if a club has ambitions of winning the Premier League title, the defence has to be the backbone of the team, and in this case, Liverpool’s defence needs a surgery to reinstate the strength that it is currently being deprived of. Injuries have plagued the back line, with left-back José Enrique still sidelined with a knee injury. The back four has found it difficult to adjust to the style of play which Rodgers desires, and at times this has cost Liverpool. Kolo Toure’s calamitous mistake against West Bromwich Albion cost Liverpool three vital points and the two points lost could be the difference between 2nd place, and room being made for the Premier League trophy in Liverpool’s prodigious trophy room. Will the fallen empire of British football rise once again? With 3 games games remaining, can Liverpool win the Premier League title? Yes, we can finally dare to believe. The SAS partnership will be instrumental in helping Liverpool achieve their dream, but their defence may destroy all chances of silverware. Chelsea are the next opponents and trail Liverpool by 5 points with the Londoners visiting the Merseyside club on the 26th April, a game which may decide both teams' fate.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:07:38 am by Lorik_Lfc »
I would rather be first in a little Iberian village than second in Rome.