Author Topic: Flags & Banners - Welcoming the Liverpool Team Coach 29th November 2014  (Read 150626 times)

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
Initially, I wanted the team to arrive at the ground highly motivated and  fully understanding that things had stepped up a gear.

Usually, the team coach's path to Anfield is a clear run, passing sporadic groups of match-going fans on the way. I felt that every player should pass a sea of red flags, waving and cheering them on to a vital home victory.

Then I realised that what they really need to motivate them is an intimidating display of fireworks and smoke bombs, delivered Ukrainian style.

That'll teach them.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:28:48 am by JonnyCigarettes® »
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Handgrenades are ok though.

;D

You are a wag Chopper.

Not a bad idea all the same.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Any idea where to get a flag delivered next day for tomorrow?

I want to print an original design soon, but anything Liverpool or red and white will do...
YNWA.

Offline tjtaylor182

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Going to be bringing my two wavers along if I can get out of work in time. Can't wait!

Offline Miro

• Anny Roader
My effort  :wave

See you there

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

I want to print an original design soon, but anything Liverpool or red and white will do...

Stalls around Anfield will have them tomorrow if you're not too fussed what they are.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Buzzing for this, let's hope it's a good turn out
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
Should really do this for every home game from now till the end of the season really get the players going before the match

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
Was there? I know they set one off which was purple but didn't know was one on the Kop.

Yeah, there's a better picture from in 305 somewhere but I can't find it. Can see it at the top left here.

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader

Hat, Scarf or a Badge on Walton Breck Road will have their red and white chequered flags tomorrow. £8 for the 5 x 3 one I think.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
Motivation

JFT97

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
It would be fantastic if this could happens for all the remaining home games.

Offline RedTriumph

• Anny Roader
  • Every man a king...
What about being there to "welcome" the away team, too? When it really counts we try and put the opposition off when they're on the ball, mid-game, so why not try and intimidate them, scare them, as they arrive at the ground? This is Anfield.

I agree with those who say we should do this for every remaining home game, and we'll need to intimidate Spurs, City and Chelsea more than Sunderland.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What about being there to "welcome" the away team, too? When it really counts we try and put the opposition off when they're on the ball, mid-game, so why not try and intimidate them, scare them, as they arrive at the ground? This is Anfield.

I agree with those who say we should do this for every remaining home game, and we'll need to intimidate Spurs, City and Chelsea more than Sunderland.

I think this is a very fine line to tread. There's quite a small area where the coach drops off and people are waiting, it could appear way more aggressive (in a bad way) than it should imo.
YNWA.

Offline Gandalf The Red

• Anny Roader
  • Free Palestine
    • Palestine Solidarity

It's always better to row your own boat. In my opinion.
"And you dare to call me a terrorist, while you look down your guns..."

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
Just been and got two sticks for our banner, first time we've had it up on sticks but should be fine.  My trusty red and white flag from Taksim Square just been ironed and ready too.

Whats the plan?  Depending on numbers it'd be good to see a crowd from by the Arkles junction right down to the gates !

Looking like me and the kids will be in the Sandon for the game though on the TV  :scarf
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
This is a great idea. I remember that Spurs game well. A high point in an otherwise depressing season.
With our fans, we don't need smoke or flares. Those things are for fans who don't have the spirit of ours.
Agreed. Songs, banners and flags create atmosphere and they require dedication and organisation on a large scale. Anyone can set off a flare.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Can't wait  :)

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
I'll be there
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
It would be fantastic if this could happens for all the remaining home games.

nothing stopping us mate. come on you reds

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
My effort  :wave

See you there

Superb, you took that to Istanbul right?
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Does anyone think the Sunderland players will get a boost from playing in such a lively atmosphere? They might get intimidated but if I was playing against  infront of our historic atmosphere as the massive underdog I'd be well chuffed and really proud to play and fight tooth and nail to put in a great shift that i could remember and tell the grandkids about... "i scored infront of the kop with champions league-like atmosphere when they were in the title race"... Just saying...
:lmao

Fucking hell.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
I've had to complete my dissertation for Uni (still not 100% done yet) in between trying my hardest to put this game to the back of my thoughts.

This is it lads. 8 cup finals, starting with an evening kick off, under the flood lights, to go within one point of the top.

One, big fucking push like.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Matze_LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We go again!

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
Does anyone think the Sunderland players will get a boost from playing in such a lively atmosphere? They might get intimidated but if I was playing against  infront of our historic atmosphere as the massive underdog I'd be well chuffed and really proud to play and fight tooth and nail to put in a great shift that i could remember and tell the grandkids about... "i scored infront of the kop with champions league-like atmosphere when they were in the title race"... Just saying...
If your not on a wind up. What an utterly shit post.

Offline Block G Raptor

• Kopite
  • Cóir do na Nócha Sé
fuck sake, these are less than £3 each - would look pretty boss on a dark Wednesday night - whats the worst that can happen?
Yeah let one off , no one sees anything. the bus goes by and the players are like WTF why is there smoke all the way up Anfield road. 

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don't finish work till 4.30 but should be able to get there by 6.30 latest depending on whether or not the Soccerbus is on form.  Hope I can get there in time, gonna be boss this.

Offline lostandfound

• Actually, just lost - might be in the wrong forum!
  • Main Stander
  • Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?
If your talking about the worst thing that can happen in the ground with smoke bombs is you'll probably have your season ticket revoked and miss us win the league!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
If your talking about the worst thing that can happen in the ground with smoke bombs is you'll probably have your season ticket revoked and miss us win the league!

And police might start dispersing people from the area.

Not worth it in this situation
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline DGS_05

• Main Stander
Sounds good to me.
Early tea it is then, full hip flask to warm the throat and away we go.
See you all there.     :wave
Liverpool is our religion, Anfield is our church.

Offline DowningStreet

• Kopite
  • LFC 13/14- The glory road
The atmosphere before Spurs in 09/10 was a fantastic high point in a shocking season.

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Are smoke bombs illegal too? or is it just the nutter flares - i know they're both banned from the ground
Now then if a person was sitting in a rubber dinghy or small kiddies boat on the pavement on Anfield Road they would be in some predicament on how they would get to Albert Dock.
Would this not be a case to launch one of those distress flares to call for help (your honour) ?  ;D
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
Get your chequered flag from  the hat-scarf-or-a-badge.com shop ,

371 Walton Breck Road,2 minutes from Anfield,By the Flat Iron pub.

It's going to be a special atmosphere tomorrow..

@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Get your chequered flag from  the hat-scarf-or-a-badge.com shop ,

371 Walton Breck Road,2 minutes from Anfield,By the Flat Iron pub.

It's going to be a special atmosphere tomorrow..

how much are they mate

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Can we use these flares?

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
This banner will be there

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
'Justice delayed' will be there with my 2 lads, sweets & cans.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
how much are they mate

I think the smaller ones are £5 and £10 for the bigger ones, don't quote me on it though, give Mick a tweet and he will tell you.

@hatscarforabadg
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
I think the smaller ones are £5 and £10 for the bigger ones, don't quote me on it though, give Mick a tweet and he will tell you.

@hatscarforabadg

£5 and £8 I think I read on Twitter earlier.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."