Author Topic: Time to Believe - We're Gonna Win The League  (Read 1026034 times)

Offline Abyss

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The 'We're Gonna Win the League' Thread
« Reply #200 on: March 2, 2014, 08:49:39 pm »
Looking at all the fixtures, I feel as though we could win the league with 26 points from the next 10 games if we manage to win against both Chelsea and Manchester City, which is a huge ask. Because winning against those guys will ultimately lower the point difference from four to one. Chelsea are definite favorites at this point of time.

There's no doubt that every team is going to drop points. Only question to ask is if we can play catch-up on City and Chelsea.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 2, 2014, 08:57:10 pm »
Need the crowd to be totally up for every game from now on home and away.    Make sure we win all five home games with European style night atmospheres at Anfield.  If we keep winning this could well go to the last match.    Can anyone who wants to sit in silence or start filming the crowd please hand your ticket to a passionate fan who will get behind the team.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: March 2, 2014, 08:59:29 pm »
It's all a bit 2002 when we were chasing Arsenal, and every week seemed like Ljunberg scored in a 1-0.

Particularly remember watching them struggle like fuck against Ipswich, only to breakthrough late on.

They won there last 13 games of the season, Wengers Arsenal have done some amazing things, shows insane runs of form are doable in the run in. Enjoy the ride.   
No time for caution.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #203 on: March 2, 2014, 09:26:59 pm »
I'm not getting my hopes up. The team has to win next two matches and Chelsea has to at least lose and draw.

It's not all in their hands to win. Hopefully Chelsea remain in the CL up to the final (and lose) so they have their minds on that and the title.

Offline BirdBrain

• Anny Roader
« Reply #204 on: March 2, 2014, 09:28:54 pm »
Won't believe it til we beat Chelsea at home but thanks for the thread ..its nice to see it on RAWK  :)

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #205 on: March 2, 2014, 09:46:40 pm »
It could well come down singularly to the Chelsea home game.

Imagine being 2pts behind them going into that!

Maureen's mindgames from now till then are going to be verging on the ridiculous.

Might be 2005 all over again.

Could it be that the so-called special one is about to "feel the might of Anfield" once again like he said he did back then?

For the record, I started believing right after we laid our Britannia hoo-doo to rest in January.  Things seem to have fallen into place a bit since then, like we're on a roll dictated by a higher force somehow (again, a lot like I felt in 2005)
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline DowningStreet

• Kopite
  • LFC 13/14- The glory road
« Reply #206 on: March 2, 2014, 09:48:33 pm »
Always look one game at a time. Before we play Chelsea circumstances could be completely different.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 2, 2014, 10:02:40 pm »
You know what I said to myself I ain't making a prediction until March....

Well now fuck it!

I'm in, come on redmen, we can fuckin do this!!

Winning Fulham away was quite rightly like the Olympiakos feeling!

I'm loving the We are Liverpool tra la la la la!!

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: March 2, 2014, 10:08:40 pm »
Glass half empty post...but I'm going to wait to see how the City & Chelsea results go before getting too excited. Hell, I am just getting used to the fact that we should be finishing top 4 and playing CL again next season  !
« Last Edit: March 2, 2014, 10:27:56 pm by Yerolo »

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 2, 2014, 10:16:12 pm »
We still have to play both City and Chelsea at home.  That, and our other games, is all we can control.  Two very good teams we have to play, yes, but it gives us a chance to take points off them for the run in.  But if we have to have a few draws, I hope it's those 2 games.  Wins would do nicely, mind... ;)

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
« Reply #210 on: March 2, 2014, 10:26:25 pm »
It will all come down to the final game. Newcastle, at home, on my birthday. I have a ticket on the Kop and have discovered it's my daughter's Holy Communion the same day, so am going to have to do the decent think and give the ticket to a mate. Gutted

(Seriously though, I'm expecting 3rd)
« Last Edit: March 2, 2014, 10:28:19 pm by banksybanks »

Offline Canuck33

• Anny Roader

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #212 on: March 2, 2014, 10:32:15 pm »
Glass half empty post...but I'm going to wait to see how the City & Chelsea results go before getting too excited. Hell, I am just getting used to the fact that we should be finishing top 4 and playing CL again next season  !
Get excited.

Enjoy the ride.

At least there's a ride to enjoy, we didn't expect it this season, lap it up and hope it ends fantastically well... And if we finish fourth?

It's  more than I imagined at the start of the season, and the season will have been an enormous success.

Win, win
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #213 on: March 2, 2014, 10:34:59 pm »
I just hope we wrap up that 4th spot as soon as possible then we can play without any fear. The pressure will all be on the other teams.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #214 on: March 2, 2014, 10:36:54 pm »
I just hope we wrap up that 4th spot as soon as possible then we can play without any fear. The pressure will all be on the other teams.

Don't think fear is playing any role ....

Offline rodgersredarmy

• Boys Pen
  • very much about the group....
« Reply #215 on: March 2, 2014, 10:50:04 pm »
Its good to see so many of our fans enjoying the ride. I think for obvious reasons not too many are getting carried away, including the team. But fuck is it exciting to be back in the mix again after 5 years in the wilderness. Im confident of us finishing higher than fourth place due to arsenals remaining fixtures and our form.

Taking each game as it comes is key, especially for a side who doesnt have the financial luxury as City and Chelsea, but I also believe that puts us under less pressure. Nobody is expecting us to win it, therefore we have fuck all to lose by going for it.

United game could be tough as people have already mentioned its their cup final. Could go either way but of our front four turn up we should batter them. Also moyes is shite and I cant wait to see his plan on how to cope with SSS   ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #216 on: March 2, 2014, 10:51:03 pm »
Its good to see so many of our fans enjoying the ride. I think for obvious reasons not too many are getting carried away, including the team. But fuck is it exciting to be back in the mix again after 5 years in the wilderness. Im confident of us finishing higher than fourth place due to arsenals remaining fixtures and our form.

Taking each game as it comes is key, especially for a side who doesnt have the financial luxury as City and Chelsea, but I also believe that puts us under less pressure. Nobody is expecting us to win it, therefore we have fuck all to lose by going for it.

United game could be tough as people have already mentioned its their cup final. Could go either way but of our front four turn up we should batter them. Also moyes is shite and I cant wait to see his plan on how to cope with SSS   ;D
Great first post.

Welcome to rawk
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 2, 2014, 11:32:56 pm »

to be honest if Tottenham keep griding results, we (and Man City/Arsenal/Chelsea) won't have wrapped up top 4 until right at the end of the season. Think we just need to remain competitive up the top though, can't see Spurs winning so if we can keep pace with Chelsea City Arse then we'll be alright

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #218 on: March 2, 2014, 11:38:25 pm »
Key games:-

16 March: Man Utd (away)
30 March: Tottenham (home)
13 April: Man City (home)
27 April: Chelsea (home)

How brilliant would it be if Liverpool won all key games?

When City play United and Arsenal away we have Spurs and Sunderland at home.

Massive.

Thats why the next two games away are important. United and Cardiff.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #219 on: March 2, 2014, 11:53:21 pm »
In a way, it's in our hands isn't it?

Win all our remaining games and we end up with 89 points - which will definitely win it. Even one draw/loss out of the remaining 11 games should put it in our hands, as 87 or 86 points should be enough too. Any more dropped points after that, and it's very unlikely.

« Last Edit: March 2, 2014, 11:59:42 pm by Kadian »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #220 on: March 3, 2014, 12:33:14 am »
People worry about the United game. In the 2009 season, didn't we get the double over them (IIRC)? We beat them at Old Trafford 1-4, and this was the season they won the league. We are now a much better team than them at the moment; why not batter them to another big score?! It's overdue anyway.

We need City and Chelsea to drop points when we keep a winning run. Improbable, but possible. I'm enjoying the ride for as long as it lasts.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #221 on: March 3, 2014, 12:44:52 am »
I don't understand the "I don't want to get my hopes up" mentality, or the "lets just concentrate on securing 4th". To hell with pragmatism I say. We should be going balls to the wall to win the bastard thing now. Fuck looking over our shoulders at Spurs either. This is probably our best opportunity to land a league title in ages. We've got no Europe to distract us, and our strikers score goals for fun. We're the loose cannon in the pack. 4 points off top spot with 10 games to go? With Suarez and Sturridge tearing defenses new arse holes every week? Why wouldn't you want to get your hopes up? There's every reason to get them up

I mean, if a fit bird that you've been crazy about for ages finally starts flirting with you, you don't stand there like a simp thinking "oh, I'll just play it safe and try to get her number. I don't want to get my hopes up about boning her just yet". No. Hell no. You go for the jugular as soon as the opportunity arises. You never run the risk of letting someone ballsier than you swoop in on your prize

The league title is wet for Liverpool Football Club. It wants us. It doesn't want Mourinho's or Pellegrini's grimey hands on it. It wants Brendan and his pearly white teeth to glisten in its reflection while he mouth humps it in front of the Kop. Its calling to us. Its emitting its mating scent. The aroma is wafting over every blade of grass inside Anfield. Which leaves us two choices. We can either be the gutless swines who let shit coat take her to London. Or we go balls to the wall to take that bitch by force and bring it home. The thought of winning that title gives me boners harder than a wooden bar stool. I hope it does the same to our players

Liverpool FC: 2014 Premier League Champions. Spread your nostrils everybody. Can you smell it? I sure as fuck can
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #222 on: March 3, 2014, 12:46:29 am »
I don't understand the "I don't want to get my hopes up" mentality, or the "lets just concentrate on securing 4th". To hell with pragmatism I say. We should be going balls to the wall to win the bastard thing now. Fuck looking over our shoulders at Spurs either. This is probably our best opportunity to land a league title in ages. We've got no Europe to distract us, and our strikers score goals for fun. We're the loose cannon in the pack. 4 points off top spot with 10 games to go? With Suarez and Sturridge tearing defenses new arse holes every week? Why wouldn't you want to get your hopes up? There's every reason to get them up

I mean, if a fit bird that you've been crazy about for ages finally starts flirting with you, you don't stand there like a simp thinking "oh, I'll just play it safe and try to get her number. I don't want to get my hopes up about boning her just yet". No. Hell no. You go for the jugular as soon as the opportunity arises. You never run the risk of letting someone ballsier than you swoop in on your prize

The league title is wet for Liverpool Football Club. It wants us. It doesn't want Mourinho's or Pellegrini's grimey hands on it. It wants Brendan and his pearly white teeth to glisten in its reflection while he mouth humps it in front of the Kop. Its calling to us. Its emitting its mating scent. The aroma is wafting over every blade of grass inside Anfield. Which leaves us two choices. We can either be the gutless swines who let shit coat take her to London. Or we go balls to the wall to take that bitch by force and bring it home. The thought of winning that title gives me boners harder than a wooden bar stool. I hope it does the same to our players

Liverpool FC: 2014 Premier League Champions. Spread your nostrils everybody. Can you smell it? I sure as fuck can
Hahaha amazing.

Glad this thread has taken off.

Lets have it
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #223 on: March 3, 2014, 12:47:15 am »

I love you, Billy.

Hope all is well.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #224 on: March 3, 2014, 12:51:05 am »

Leonidas, is that you?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 3, 2014, 12:53:28 am »
I don't have any fear of getting my hopes up, but i just don't think they'll do it. I do think they'll get third though, and thats more than surpassed my expectations.

Its great to be still in contention at this time of the year though - never expected that, even at xmas. 

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #226 on: March 3, 2014, 12:55:33 am »

We need more people like you, and less pant-wetters.

Winners take risks. That's why Davesy Moyesy hasn't won a single top flight competitive trophy in his career.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2014, 01:19:18 am by PhaseOfPlay »
Better looking than Samie.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #227 on: March 3, 2014, 12:56:44 am »
I didn't want to believe before that Southampton match, I just had my heart seat on a CL spot. But now, just maybe, I am allowing myself to believe that this just could be our time.

Make no mistake, this is our best chance since 08/09, without a shadow of a doubt.

Actually this is our ONLY realistic chance since 08-09

Offline End Product

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 3, 2014, 12:57:22 am »

nice goes well with this, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7nqGOYGZ78?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/m7nqGOYGZ78?fs=1</a>
No time for caution.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #229 on: March 3, 2014, 12:58:51 am »
Gonna be flying in just for the final game of the season.  Tickets sorted :D

I'm not sure I have the money for this trip, but who cares really. I have to be there when we win the league

Notice the when and not the if. We're going to do this.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #230 on: March 3, 2014, 12:58:53 am »
My memory is not the best, I'd be the first to admit. But I remember Houllier's treble season - every game at the end was a cup final. What a ride!

I remember the 2009 season when the hopes of winning the league were alive and kicking until May. What a ride!

I know I will remember this season. It's already fulfilled many promises, but what a ride it could be!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
« Reply #231 on: March 3, 2014, 01:00:05 am »

Bwahaha

/Thread

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite
« Reply #232 on: March 3, 2014, 01:01:45 am »
I quoted this at some point, but didn't apply it to my own ideology. This time I will mean it.

Fuck it, I'm in.

(Thanks to the OPer)

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #233 on: March 3, 2014, 01:06:37 am »
Can you imagine if we needed to win on the last game and it was 1-1 in injury time and we got a penalty - Gerrard taking it to win the title.  Fuck me.

He couldn't possibly miss could he?  Make up for the one he never got to take in Turkey.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite
« Reply #234 on: March 3, 2014, 01:06:43 am »
nice goes well with this, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7nqGOYGZ78?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/m7nqGOYGZ78?fs=1</a>

Never heard this amazing piece of music before. (Should I be ashamed of that? I have seen Scarface, that's what the picture makes me think of at any rate)
Anyway, thank you sir  :D
« Last Edit: March 3, 2014, 01:08:24 am by DyaLikeDagz »

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
« Reply #235 on: March 3, 2014, 01:09:27 am »
Can you imagine if we needed to win on the last game and it was 1-1 in injury time and we got a penalty - Gerrard taking it to win the title.  Fuck me.

He couldn't possibly miss could he?  Make up for the one he never got to take in Turkey.

I'll have to take your word for it....I think I will have died of a heart attack way before the peno :p

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 3, 2014, 01:10:59 am »

Ding ding ding. Nail meet head.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 3, 2014, 01:11:56 am »
How many people would be able to endure the next 10 games if it really goes down to the last minute of the last game of the season?  ;D

Offline End Product

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 3, 2014, 01:16:51 am »
Never heard this amazing piece of music before. (Should I be ashamed of that? I have seen Scarface, that's what the picture makes me think of at any rate)
Anyway, thank you sir  :D

Look at You tube "any given sunday speech",  pacino makes any epic speech, i prefer the billy the kid speech though.   
No time for caution.

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #239 on: March 3, 2014, 01:18:49 am »
How many people would be able to endure the next 10 games if it really goes down to the last minute of the last game of the season?  ;D
Imagine Anfield if we were one win away from the title on the last game of the season...