Author Topic: Time to Believe - We're Gonna Win The League  (Read 1026430 times)

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The 'We're Gonna Win the League' Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 2, 2014, 12:15:59 pm »
We're at the stage where we can play and ARE playing without fear and I think that counts for a lot. Have to credit Brendan for instilling that in the team plus you have that absolute competitive bull-headedness from senior players like our club captain and Suarez. Just hope everyone at the club has convinced themselves to work without fear as well.  Never mind Chelsea, Man City etc. If we're going to win it, all we have to do is concentrate on winning OUR matches. The very fact that these involve Chelsea and Man City is in our favour. No looking over our shoulders. We're in the final straight with a couple of other runners. Time to find how much we have left in the tank and give it that final kick. Distance runners will know what I mean. No tripping over the "backmarkers".
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: March 2, 2014, 12:16:45 pm »
I'm the train driver.
Then I'll be the guy selling teas and coffees onboard.

I've only got one leg in. The other leg will be in after the Mancs game, which I fully expect us to not just win, but destroy. My predictions for the last 10 stretch;

Liverpool 3-1 Man United
Cardiff 0-2 Liverpool     
Liverpool 2-1 Sunderland        
Liverpool 3-0 Tottenham
West Ham 2-3 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-1 Man City        
Norwich 0-4 Liverpool   
Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea
Crystal Palace 0-2 Liverpool
Liverpool 3-0 Newcastle (at home. Imagine sealing off the title, at home. On the last day.)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #122 on: March 2, 2014, 12:19:51 pm »
I will believe we will win the league  about 25 minutes after its been handed to Stevie and I know its for real and not the day-dream I've been having for twenty odd years.

Imagine that.

Already thinking of ways to bunk wherever the deciding game is. Already told me bird she won't be seeing me for days if it does happen.

One game at a time though and Iam just buzzing of the fact this thread exists and we are second in March. After our little slump over Christmas people thought we would fall.

We haven't and we have clawed those points back because we are fuckin hard and up for it.

Let us dream at least.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 2, 2014, 12:22:13 pm »
Over the last few weeks Im looking at the Live Score updates on BBC Sport counting down the minutes where each result going our way adds to the excitement of watching us climb up that table. 24 years and counting since I was this excited about our chances of winning the title and even back then it was so expected for us to win we got a bit blasé about it. It was only 5 or so weeks ago we were 8 points behind the league leaders, Arsenal at the time and look at us now...we are now 5 to 1 to win the title they are 20 to 1. We will need the rub of the green to do it but yesterday when that ball luckily came off Fonte for Suarez to convert or when Llanana hit the post ...is it time to think the tide has turned? Why not? If you did not believe us before believe us now!!!
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #124 on: March 2, 2014, 12:25:11 pm »
Not sure what I'd do if we won the league. It's been so long. Plus, when we were winning leagues in the 80s I was a kid and I just thought that's what happens most years.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #125 on: March 2, 2014, 12:27:42 pm »
Booking flights for the last day of the season

*keep that quiet

Offline Owl

• Twit...just twit. No twoo.
  • Kopite
« Reply #126 on: March 2, 2014, 12:27:48 pm »
The best thing is that the players started to believe.. Win against united and they will know its in their hands.

I don't know what magic wand Rodgers has.. or how he talks to the players.. but compare the players mentallity to the ones who played two seasons ago and it seems he put some magic spell on them.

It really feels unrealistic at times.. and the fear of failling from previous seasons is still deep amongs us.
But just to think.. we might win the title this year and we are second with 10 games to go and we might see CL games at anfield next season.. is pretty damn good feeling to have.

If we do win the title this year.. the City will go fucking mental.. I remember 2005 after we won the CL. This will be 10x That.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #127 on: March 2, 2014, 12:31:28 pm »
Booking flights for the last day of the season

*keep that quiet

I went and applied for a British tourist visa. Those things take like a month or so to get processed, and are valid for 3 months. Just in case, like :P
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #128 on: March 2, 2014, 12:31:51 pm »
Not sure what I'd do if we won the league. It's been so long. Plus, when we were winning leagues in the 80s I was a kid and I just thought that's what happens most years.

I have a bottle of champers in the kitchen cupboard from my 40th birthday, as well as the obligatory congratulations Colin on your 40th birthday,, it's been the proud owner of a label for 7 years that's says

" not to be drunk until Liverpool FC next win the title "  for some reason I'm drawn to this bottle lately telling now and again

"you are gonna get walloped sooner than you think "
« Last Edit: March 2, 2014, 02:13:57 pm by Benimar Col »

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #129 on: March 2, 2014, 12:31:55 pm »
Yep, win at OT and this becomes serious.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #130 on: March 2, 2014, 12:32:53 pm »
I have a bottle of champers in the kitchen cupboard from my 40th birthday, as well as the obligatory congratulations Colin on your 40th birthday,, it's now the proud owner of a label that's says

" not to be drunk until Liverpool FC next win the title "  for some reason I'm drawn to this bottle lately telling now and again

"you are gonna get walloped sooner than you think "

Hope it doesn't become too vintage, Colin!

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #131 on: March 2, 2014, 12:34:10 pm »
I went and applied for a British tourist visa. Those things take like a month or so to get processed, and are valid for 3 months. Just in case, like :P
€135 Ryanair, whats the harm.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 2, 2014, 12:38:43 pm »
Suarez and Sturridge stay injury free we win the league.
Lets dream.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #133 on: March 2, 2014, 12:42:18 pm »
Just can't seem to get my head around the fact that we actually have a decent chance here, it's crazy.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 2, 2014, 12:42:28 pm »
I'm in.

No lose situation really now we either win or finish in the CL places  so it'll have been a good season either way.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #135 on: March 2, 2014, 12:57:18 pm »
10 cup finals to achieve the improbable but certainly not the impossible

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #136 on: March 2, 2014, 01:00:11 pm »
Whatever happens, Brendan Rodgers has been brilliant this season to take a team 7th to 2nd and also top scorers after not being able to hit a barn door previous seasons.
Brilliant. Great manager.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #137 on: March 2, 2014, 01:15:24 pm »
One game at a time, but for me its all about the Utd match, this game if we win will no doubt be the catalyst to push us on to the title.   
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #138 on: March 2, 2014, 01:17:13 pm »
Whatever happens, Brendan Rodgers has been brilliant this season to take a team 7th to 2nd and also top scorers after not being able to hit a barn door previous seasons.

Nice symmetry, don't you think? We went from 2nd to 7th in 2010.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 2, 2014, 01:18:06 pm »
I'm in.
I want to enjoy this.
It is on.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 2, 2014, 01:21:20 pm »
For the first time in many seasons i genuinely have been thinking only one game ahead, never knowing or caring who we are playing after that.

In my mind it's been on since we were top pre City & Chelsea games. Not really dared to speak it. It's been very interesting watching the fan base slowly and almost reluctantly come round to the possibility.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 2, 2014, 01:21:54 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline yslee

• Main Stander
« Reply #142 on: March 2, 2014, 01:41:25 pm »
Still not confident. Might get my hopes up if we win the next game, but won't really feel confident till we beat City at least.

Offline Buzby

• Main Stander
« Reply #143 on: March 2, 2014, 01:49:18 pm »
You know what, we're Liverpool fucking FC.

We don't lose a cup final and go "well, at least we had a good day out", and we sure as hell don't enter competitions to finish 4th.  Screw that for an attitude.

We exist to win things and quite frankly if they gave out awards for the best tea lady I'd want to see it handed out at Melwood.

We might fall short, hell, we probably will fall short - we all know the logic and how it's too soon, we are a work in progress etc etc,  but right now we are in the mix, fighting for the top spot come May 11th.

But you don't win without a bit of swagger and a little bit of arrogance. And you sure don't win without a huge helping of belief.

Yes, we should be thinking "one game at a time", but that doesn't mean we can't approach each game in the knowledge that it is one step closer to the overall objective.

There is something special unfolding here, this team is going to do something and going to do something big. This season? Next season? Who knows when, but the journey has started and I'm going to enjoy and believe every step of the way.

Oh now you're gonna believe us....

"If the supporters like me, then it's only half as much as I like them." - K. Dalglish

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #144 on: March 2, 2014, 02:07:10 pm »
You know what, we're Liverpool fucking FC.

We don't lose a cup final and go "well, at least we had a good day out", and we sure as hell don't enter competitions to finish 4th.  Screw that for an attitude.

We exist to win things and quite frankly if they gave out awards for the best tea lady I'd want to see it handed out at Melwood.

We might fall short, hell, we probably will fall short - we all know the logic and how it's too soon, we are a work in progress etc etc,  but right now we are in the mix, fighting for the top spot come May 11th.

But you don't win without a bit of swagger and a little bit of arrogance. And you sure don't win without a huge helping of belief.

Yes, we should be thinking "one game at a time", but that doesn't mean we can't approach each game in the knowledge that it is one step closer to the overall objective.

There is something special unfolding here, this team is going to do something and going to do something big. This season? Next season? Who knows when, but the journey has started and I'm going to enjoy and believe every step of the way.

Oh now you're gonna believe us....

Is right. Everyone going to the rest of the games this season should carry the team forward. 10 * 90 minutes like it was halftime in Istanbul. The supporters can make a difference.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 2, 2014, 02:15:30 pm »
I'm on board.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 2, 2014, 02:15:57 pm »

Scored more league goals then any other team............. in Europe
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #147 on: March 2, 2014, 02:17:24 pm »
I think we need a "Help, I need counseling, this title talks gets to me" thread
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #148 on: March 2, 2014, 02:21:02 pm »
Get through March and have 69 points then i'll be shouting my head off that it's on!

I want everyone in cotton wool for England duty and then a good old fashioned destruction of United and Spurs and then its game on big time!!

COME ON!!!
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #149 on: March 2, 2014, 02:24:10 pm »
I was born in September 1990.

So, yeah. Just saying.

Offline DAK69

• Main Stander
  • LONG LIVE THE KING.
« Reply #150 on: March 2, 2014, 02:38:50 pm »
Then I'll be the guy selling teas and coffees onboard.

I've only got one leg in. The other leg will be in after the Mancs game, which I fully expect us to not just win, but destroy. My predictions for the last 10 stretch;

Liverpool 3-1 Man United
Cardiff 0-2 Liverpool     
Liverpool 2-1 Sunderland        
Liverpool 3-0 Tottenham
West Ham 2-3 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-1 Man City        
Norwich 0-4 Liverpool   
Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea
Crystal Palace 0-2 Liverpool
Liverpool 3-0 Newcastle (at home. Imagine sealing off the title, at home. On the last day.)

Be great

But don't agree with the 3-0 v Newcastle. It would be 2-2 going into injury time with a Stevie G ( like v west ham in fa cup) 35 yard thunder bolt into the corner special.

We wouldn't do it the easy way

Offline serpentnebula

• Main Stander
« Reply #151 on: March 2, 2014, 02:43:01 pm »
I feel like we need 8 wins and 2 draws to get 1st. A defeat puts us out of contention I reckon. We also need City and Chelsea to slip up at some point. Our games against both of them are must-wins, for me.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 2, 2014, 02:54:07 pm »
We're right in the mix for the run in.  One game at a time, refusing to drop points, with huge support behind the players.  No anxiety.  We've got nothing to lose and everything to gain...

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 2, 2014, 02:54:44 pm »
I feel like we need 8 wins and 2 draws to get 1st. A defeat puts us out of contention I reckon. We also need City and Chelsea to slip up at some point. Our games against both of them are must-wins, for me.
What if it's 9 wins and 1 defeat? 

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 2, 2014, 02:55:02 pm »

What about 1 defeat with 9 wins?

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #155 on: March 2, 2014, 02:57:15 pm »
I've been in since the beginning

Why don't you cash out with the profit?

Offline DAK69

• Main Stander
  • LONG LIVE THE KING.
« Reply #156 on: March 2, 2014, 03:00:12 pm »
Head says we are a kolo toure pass to opposition away from we're we need to be. 4 points is a big gap to make up on both Chelsea and City at this stage of the season.

Hearts saying it's ours to win and theirs to lose. We should be feeling no pressure, I for one can't wait to each game week. Watching us play is a delight and the players look like they are playing without pressure at the moment. We are like a dog chasing a car, we don't care who is around us, we are going to keep chasing for as long as we can see the prize. Good knows what we'll be like if we catch it. Then the pressure comes.

We have everything to gain and nothing to loss

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 2, 2014, 03:00:45 pm »
I'm in. Made a sarcastic point about the quality of football in the league after half time at yesterday's 3pm kick offs, but we have been the best team in this league. We deserve something for the football we have played and I would have loved a cup, but this is our last shot. The problem is our defence hasn't been the best and that's why we haven't run away with it (which is as crazy as it sounds given my expectations this year). But was really pleased with our defence yesterday and the clean sheet.

Just have to keep winning. game by game, inch by inch. And we do need the teams around to drop points. Chelsea are brutal, painful but they keep getting results. Hope city can screw up their games in hand.

But if we can win pretty much all our games we should go very very close.

Offline fizzyp

• Kopite
  • those were the days my friend.
« Reply #158 on: March 2, 2014, 03:06:51 pm »
Head says we are a kolo toure pass to opposition away from we're we need to be. 4 points is a big gap to make up on both Chelsea and City at this stage of the season.

Hearts saying it's ours to win and theirs to lose. We should be feeling no pressure, I for one can't wait to each game week. Watching us play is a delight and the players look like they are playing without pressure at the moment. We are like a dog chasing a car, we don't care who is around us, we are going to keep chasing for as long as we can see the prize. Good knows what we'll be like if we catch it. Then the pressure comes.

We have everything to gain and nothing to loss

I dont think we will ever have anything to loose cause we are over achieving and everyone is behind us. If its 2nd 3rd or 4th we have lost nothing and gained a lot this season.
The Boss is fucking boss!

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 2, 2014, 03:08:40 pm »
What are the odds at the oddsmakers now?  Got to be 3-1 or so?

We have 59 points right now, with 10 games left.  10 wins = 30 points = 89 total, title winners.  Easy as that.

But 85 would still have a better than 50-50 chance I think as well, so we could probably just afford a couple of draws.  Any less than that and we're hoping for other teams to drop a lot of points, which is probably what we'll be hoping in any event.  I'd even see it as a pretty decent success if we got to 76 or 77 with 2 games left.  That would probably put us 2 or 3 points back of the leader, but in with a chance with 2 relatively easy fixtures to end the season with in case they drop points.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley