Author Topic: Daniel Andre Sturridge  (Read 1156943 times)

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2013, 09:30:51 am »
Hopefully he doesn't get on tomorrow and will be fresh for Villa.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2013, 09:57:04 am »
Hopefully he doesn't get on tomorrow and will be fresh for Villa.

It might actually be beneficial for us because he hasn't played regularly since his loan spell at Bolton.
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2013, 08:25:32 pm »
With the amount of chances Suarez creates, he would have been looking to score 50 goals a season if he was as clinical as Fowler.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: April 9, 2013, 05:34:58 pm »
Safe to say he's suffering a bit of a lull at the moment?

Doesn't seem as sharp as when he first signed, hopefully it's nothing.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: April 9, 2013, 05:37:34 pm »
Safe to say he's suffering a bit of a lull at the moment?

Doesn't seem as sharp as when he first signed, hopefully it's nothing.

He has had a couple of knocks. I just think that a front three of him, Suarez and coutinho isn't as balanced as say coutinho, Suarez and downing.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: April 9, 2013, 11:46:37 pm »
He has had a couple of knocks. I just think that a front three of him, Suarez and coutinho isn't as balanced as say coutinho, Suarez and downing.

I don't think there is enough goals in Coutinho, Suarez, Downing as our attacking three but I don't like moving Suarez away from central position and Sturridge is less effective everywhere else IMO.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: April 9, 2013, 11:53:36 pm »

Has the potential to be. We've only seen it for a short amount of time. Both Sturrdige and Suarez must be willing to switch positions, when one is central the other needs to move to the right
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #207 on: April 9, 2013, 11:54:59 pm »
would like to see the coutinho suarez sturridge meself with license to float....movement is everything upfront otherwise defenders have the edge....is it possible
i remember kenny s teams being fluid and it was exciting to watch,,hard to combat
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2013, 01:24:15 pm »
Other than his loan spell at Bolton, Sturridge has always suffered from little niggles and knocks. Hopefully its something he grows out of as he gets physically stronger but its something to keep an eye on with him .

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2013, 02:39:03 pm »
I think Sturridge is better when playing teams that "come at us" so he's useful to us on the break with his pace.

But against a team that likes to park a bus, keeping possession and shape is paramount i.e. Downing is better for this.

I think there are some interesting signs though with Coutinho gaining his fitness/adapting, being put in the hole, allowing for someone to take that left hand side role? Sturridge?
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2013, 03:40:04 pm »
Has the potential to be. We've only seen it for a short amount of time. Both Sturrdige and Suarez must be willing to switch positions, when one is central the other needs to move to the right

And the fullbacks must provide width.. The issue we had v's West Ham was Johnson kept coming inside and we become very narrow - Rodgers also needs change it up - was obviously not working with Suarez as the tip, should of flipped him and Sturridge and got Daniel to simply goal poach and allow Suarez move room and better angles to run at their defence.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2013, 04:19:49 pm »
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=304831.0

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

If you sign this petition NOW, Sturridge will score and dedicate his daft dance to each and every ont of you. Guaranteed.

Get on it and sign it NOW before you bore us all with your expert knowledge of formations and systems and the inside leg measurements of some stupid rich bastard who kicks a fucking football or manages a team for a living.

YOU can make a difference. We got this fuckers honorary doctorate stripped off him. Now it's the knighthood we're going after and we can do it with your help. This is the most important thing you can do right now, so don't delay, sign the fucking thing today.

You've got no excuse now, so stop being a selfish bastard and pull your finger out. NOW.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2013, 06:21:11 pm »
Hope he gets a game in tomorrow and a goal.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2013, 07:23:16 pm »
Hope he gets a game in tomorrow and 6 goals.
;)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline hem1987

• As thick as a whale omelette.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live where we are LOL
« Reply #214 on: April 12, 2013, 07:31:01 pm »
Has a great potential and has age on his side  ... but not sure... we need to buy one world class striker  in the summer and offload borini(is he still playing for Roma  :o)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #215 on: April 12, 2013, 08:33:06 pm »
Has a great potential and has age on his side  ... but not sure... we need to buy one world class striker  in the summer and offload borini(is he still playing for Roma  :o)

No he broke a foot and then a shoulder
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2013, 09:34:03 pm »

Yes, we have let our player play for Roma all season long, he struggled a bit out there when he broke his foot so they sent him back only to then dislocate his shoulder while on loan loan exchange to us, so we sent him back to play for Roma again.  Thats exactly wahts happening. Honest.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: April 12, 2013, 10:22:37 pm »

I hope not otherwise I just bought a new kit for nothing.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #218 on: April 12, 2013, 10:27:56 pm »

I agree with this. Buy a top quality, experienced striker and send Borini on loan somewhere in the Premier League. Next season will be very vital for us, we HAVE to make the top 4. There's no excuses and I don't think Borini can cut it yet and can be relied upon to help us achieve that goal.

I know people will bitch and moan at me for that saying "he's only played x games" but from whatever amount of games he's played, he's never looked reliable or looked like scoring. Compare that to Coutinho and Sturridge for example who I feel very confident in having in the team.

Suarez, Sturridge and another quality international striker (my preferences would be Gameiro or Torres) would be more than sufficient if we're buying that quality and we can send Borini on loan to see if he's made for this level or not whilst not affecting/holding back our efforts in pursuit of where we really need to be at next season. With my suggestions, we know what we're getting.

Next season is extremely important, and we have too many players already that are still learning their craft. Borini is one of them. Sturridge I think will have a good season with us next season, he's the type of talent we need to be looking at rather than the younger "can be a good player in 3/4 year's time" signings we've made too many of. Sturridge has had that experience at this level and is still young with room to improve even more.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2013, 12:42:24 am »
I actually quite like Borini, but to me he's just a worse version of Sturridge. If selling Borini would mean we'd get a strong centre forward like Benteke i'd be all for it
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2013, 05:20:57 pm »
Hmmm.

Didn't look great from the right did he?

He didn't look great up front either mind but he looked better than he did from the right.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2013, 05:24:53 pm »
Hmmm.

Didn't look great from the right did he?

He didn't look great up front either mind but he looked better than he did from the right.

he was stretching games when he first came, now he isn't, don't think reading played particularly defensively today or deep, not compared to whu anyway.

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2013, 05:29:21 pm »
Hes great technically, lively on the ball, but the caveat.

What worries me is he has no vision or intelligence for the right pass on 9 out of 10 occasions, same stuff he has at Chelsea.

Off the ball he's incredibly "placid", I wouldnt call him lazy, but his workrate and aggressiveness isnt there. A shame as hes built to cause problems in that sense.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: April 13, 2013, 05:33:06 pm »
I often think he wants too much time on the ball. Not bad, but not as sharp yet as before his injury.

A minor point: not sure what he was doing in the last 20-30 seconds of the game. I was screaming for him to get the ball forward.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline hem1987

• As thick as a whale omelette.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live where we are LOL
« Reply #224 on: April 13, 2013, 05:34:27 pm »
he was stretching games when he first came, now he isn't, don't think reading played particularly defensively today or deep, not compared to whu anyway.
I don't think sturridge is only responsible for not stretching the teams . Lot of responsibility needs to burdened by our full back especially johnson recently. He is playing poorly and almost playing centrally rather than giving width.
I have rarely seen our full backs hugging the touchline and stretching it to be fair . May be it is down to tactics who knows

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: April 13, 2013, 05:35:05 pm »
I often think he wants too much time on the ball. Not bad, but not as sharp yet as before his injury.

A minor point: not sure what he was doing in the last 20-30 seconds of the game. I was screaming for him to get the ball forward.

Carragher went mental at that

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #226 on: April 13, 2013, 05:36:27 pm »

He looked as though he was out of puff at that point
We all bleed RED!!

Online abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: April 13, 2013, 05:36:31 pm »
Needs that bit of composure in the final third. If he did, he could have grabbed a couple today.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Death by Football

• Anny Roader
  • ► JFT96 ◄
« Reply #228 on: April 13, 2013, 06:23:41 pm »
Obviously a goal would have been nice but as far as the rest of his game went I thought he was actually quite good today

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #229 on: April 13, 2013, 06:23:51 pm »
Daniel Sturridge created the most chances in the #EPL today - 6
 :wave

Offline reddybear

• Main Stander
« Reply #230 on: April 13, 2013, 06:50:28 pm »
Daniel Sturridge created the most chances in the #EPL today - 6
 :wave
Stats are kryptonite to the superfans who need numbers on a plate to try and understand the game they can't evaluate with their own eyes.

"6 chances".  Out of those 6, how many were opportunities he crafted rather than played a simple pass for?  How many were good chances?  And how many were miscontrols that fell into Suarez's path?

Sturridge has got pace and explosiveness, but I can't warm to him.  He's wasteful, selfish and unintelligent on the ball.  It was a big risk bringing a player like him with his attitude into our team and I hope it pays off.  I just always get the feeling he's trying to prove that HE is the best, rather than trying to do the best for the team.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: April 13, 2013, 06:53:16 pm »
But he's not always stupid. The dummy for Suarez to run onto in the first half when they cleared off the line was very clever.

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: April 13, 2013, 10:32:21 pm »
Stats are kryptonite to the superfans who need numbers on a plate to try and understand the game they can't evaluate with their own eyes.

"6 chances".  Out of those 6, how many were opportunities he crafted rather than played a simple pass for?  How many were good chances?  And how many were miscontrols that fell into Suarez's path?

Sturridge has got pace and explosiveness, but I can't warm to him.  He's wasteful, selfish and unintelligent on the ball.  It was a big risk bringing a player like him with his attitude into our team and I hope it pays off.  I just always get the feeling he's trying to prove that HE is the best, rather than trying to do the best for the team.

agree with this
YNWA

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: April 13, 2013, 10:35:20 pm »

Ah ffs here we go.....hes streets ahead of some of the players that are lauded on here (henderson, downing, lucas etc)

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #234 on: April 13, 2013, 10:36:07 pm »
But he's not always stupid. The dummy for Suarez to run onto in the first half when they cleared off the line was very clever.
he obviously went to to control it. obviously. but missed it by accident.

Lazy almost cliched comments about him already Jesus.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2013, 10:38:56 pm »

What a load of shite... i can't believe the "attitude" argument is still doing the rounds, his attitude has been fine. I think he is a confident young lad with lots of natural ability, as a result he often takes more onous to do something individual, but for christs sake he's been here 5 minutes, get  good pre-season behind him and a settled position in this team (our attack since january has been anything but consistent in it's design)

He's done just fine since his arrival, had we have scored today, the Daniel Sturridge moaners would be mute.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline MacJanner

• Absolute useless poster; his style of play cons no one into thinking he's a decent writer.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Lenin doesn't like me.
« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2013, 11:49:21 am »
The elephant in the room is that Sturridge isn't good enough to be a first choice striker here at LFC.

We need to bring in a top number 9 this summer, with Sturridge either trying to get a place on the right side or a cameo role as a sub.

He's mobile and fairly pacey sure, but hes dead between the ears,  very hit + miss in terms of ball control and first touch, and lacks the movement and link-up play to be first choice.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #237 on: April 15, 2013, 11:50:48 am »
The elephant in the room is that Sturridge isn't good enough to be a first choice striker here at LFC.

We need to bring in a top number 9 this summer, with Sturridge either trying to get a place on the right side or a cameo role as a sub.

He's mobile and fairly pacey sure, but hes dead between the ears,  very hit + miss in terms of ball control and first touch, and lacks the movement and link-up play to be first choice.

The elephant in the room is wrong.

He's been here for just over four months, he's got a good scoring ratio so far and has improved the side despite missing chunks of time with niggly injuries, stopping his progress.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: April 15, 2013, 11:53:58 am »
More strikers, really?

Maybe we need to accept that Suarez and Sturridge/other striker cant play every game together or that if they are, then on the basis of what we have seen, that in certain games Suarez would be better suited to moving wide rather than Sturridge.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2013, 11:54:10 am »
Ouch......  All of a sudden he's not good enough?!?!

Give him a bit of time lads.