Author Topic: Daniel Andre Sturridge  (Read 1157001 times)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2013, 02:15:01 am »

Why would we have offered to take him on loan if his contract expired this season?

I'm not having it, all the talk in the media has suggested that his contract expired in 2014, and we paid £12million and there was zero mention of us ever threatening to play hardball because his contract expired. It would be more sensible to just put 1 + 1 together and assume he had the extra year on.

You really think the papers would have missed the chance to put us to the sword for paying £12 million for a (relatively) unproven striker who had 6 months left on his deal? Not a chance. That would be a big story. If it was even a serious possibility we would have heard about it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:21:01 am by Bakez0151 »

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2013, 02:53:41 am »
Starting today

Offline LFC Jim

• Kopite
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2013, 04:28:29 am »
I would be worried if he didnt start.
Bring Back Sami.

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2013, 07:52:31 am »
I'd love to see Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez fit and ready to start together for the first time today. FIngers crossed, could be the start of something big.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2013, 07:57:22 am »
His Pace will be key against Spur's high line.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2013, 08:29:27 am »
I'd love to see Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez fit and ready to start together for the first time today. FIngers crossed, could be the start of something big.

They played together against Swansea.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2013, 08:52:34 am »
They played together against Swansea.
Coutinho didn't.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2013, 09:01:30 am »
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline bravarado7

• Anny Roader
  • Getting started. Aim to keep going.
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2013, 09:13:44 am »
Coutinho didn't.

He did mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N34Y043I7z8.

Both had a role in the best goal of this season.
Law of the Premier League: The Sum of Hypocrisy, Selfishness, C***tism and Double Standards is equal to the product of FA, Media, SAF, Howard Webb and Patrice Evra.

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2013, 09:24:08 am »
He did mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N34Y043I7z8.

Both had a role in the best goal of this season.

Well certainly one of the wobbliest.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2013, 09:27:54 am »
full strength from the kick off, no holding back, need to hit them hard from the start.

Offline bravarado7

• Anny Roader
  • Getting started. Aim to keep going.
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2013, 09:30:47 am »
Well certainly one of the wobbliest.

The speed at which the whole event occurs and also the angle at which this video is shot make you think its the wobbliest ? But when we see it in the TV angle, it looks a perfect 5-a-side goal.
Law of the Premier League: The Sum of Hypocrisy, Selfishness, C***tism and Double Standards is equal to the product of FA, Media, SAF, Howard Webb and Patrice Evra.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2013, 06:15:51 pm »
Not his best game and we've seen him turn on the afterburners so I think injury has him playing withing himself.
Needs support buzzing around him to be truly effective.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2013, 06:16:41 pm »
Brilliant for his first game back, strong holds up the ball well and drops deep to find a looping ball over the back line.

Keep it up DS and you'll get your yoghurt sponsor!

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2013, 06:21:37 pm »
Not his best game and we've seen him turn on the afterburners so I think injury has him playing withing himself.
Needs support buzzing around him to be truly effective.

Yeh he only really came alive when Allen came on and we started to win the ball further up the pitch. He was far too isolated up to that and didn't really feature.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2013, 06:33:23 pm »
Brilliant for his first game back, strong holds up the ball well and drops deep to find a looping ball over the back line.

Keep it up DS and you'll get your yoghurt sponsor!

Yep agree with this for a first game back he did great.

Yoghurt sponsor not far behind.  :D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2013, 06:35:42 pm »
Not a bad game after a lengthy absence. Needs to make better decisions, but he's young, he'll learn. We're more dangerous wih him, but I still think something is missing in his link with Suarez. Next season that should come through.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2013, 07:06:14 pm »
No options when he got in decent areas for me. Held the ball up decent and sprayed some lovely passes around when he dropped in. But it just felt he'd do all the hard work to get on the end of passes then there'd just be Suarez in the box marked by four Spurs lads and he'd feel he had to conjure up something himself. Tough game for him, especially after just coming back.

Offline Toevebo

• Main Stander
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2013, 08:43:06 pm »
I would like to see him do a bit more pressing and running like Suarez, downing and even Coutinho does. Would make us a harder team to attack against, if we have players with pace always chasing and stressing the oposition.

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2013, 10:23:10 pm »
Don't think he had a particularly good game today but noted its his first game back.
My main complaint about today's performance was how he is often slow to react.
He would lose the ball but on more than one occasion I felt he could have made an effort for the second ball but he didn't.
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2013, 10:31:21 pm »
Annoyed me a little bit with his lack of pressing especially when we couldn't gain control , wasn't his best game but he had bursts of danger.

Maybe he isn't completely fit
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2013, 10:42:39 pm »
Annoyed me a little bit with his lack of pressing especially when we couldn't gain control , wasn't his best game but he had bursts of danger.

Maybe he isn't completely fit

That's what I was thinking, trying to remember him full on sprinting and I can't

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2013, 10:46:31 pm »
Has just come back from a thigh strain so you aren't going to see him go all out having just returned to the team. We need him for the run in rather than pulling a muscle again chasing lost causes on his first game back.

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2013, 10:59:13 pm »
Definitely didn't look 100% but he still contributed to a great win. Thrilled with the kid.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2013, 11:53:07 pm »
I think the challenge in the long  run for Sturridge will be how he deals with playing 2nd string to Suarez. I think he is trying his best to be selfless but strikers thrive on goals
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2013, 12:00:38 am »
such a crucial outlet for us, even when he's not at his best, he stretches defences, and this gives the likes of Suarez and Gerrard space and options, and I can't think of many players who are more dangerous with those tools than these two.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2013, 12:13:28 am »
Kept the defenders guessing by dropping deep and playing good balls out to the wings, as well as making good runs in behind. 

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2013, 12:20:29 am »
Still unsure why he failed to hit it first time when Coutinho slipped him in 1 on 1 in the first 5 minutes. His touch to try and take it round Lloris was shocking! He's going to be a massive player for us next season when he's fully fit and him and Luis work even better together.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2013, 12:33:34 am »
Lazy performance from him today i felt.

Could see he was playing with real fire in his belly for pretty much every other game he's played for us. In this one he didnt really make as much of an effort which is dissapointing.

He has only just recovered from injury and thrown straight back into the starting 11 though so it must have made things pretty tough getting back up to speed.
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline DominicQ

• Kopite
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2013, 12:38:27 am »
Thought he looked knackered for loads of the match. Although he was great for the last 15 or so minutes before he went off.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2013, 01:07:06 am »
He got in behind the defense 5 or 6 times for the game. That had to weigh on the minds of Tottenham and create space for Suarez.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2013, 01:09:04 am »
Lazy performance from him today i felt.

Could see he was playing with real fire in his belly for pretty much every other game he's played for us. In this one he didnt really make as much of an effort which is dissapointing.

He has only just recovered from injury and thrown straight back into the starting 11 though so it must have made things pretty tough getting back up to speed.

Yeah I thought that too. I was looking at him when we scored and he seemed pissed off he didn't get the pass for the goal instead of being happy that we'd equalised. I didn't think he'd have a great game today considering he's been out and we were playing Spurs.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2013, 01:14:47 am »
Yeah I thought that too. I was looking at him when we scored and he seemed pissed off he didn't get the pass for the goal instead of being happy that we'd equalised. I didn't think he'd have a great game today considering he's been out and we were playing Spurs.
[/quote

Seriously?

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2013, 01:17:38 am »
Think he always has that demeanor of being a little shelfish.  Doesn't seem to be that way off the pitch though.  He has no one else to blame other than himself for not scoring though.  Blew it on the one on one chance he had against Lloris should have been a definite goal.  He still gives us that option that no one else in the team does though and he can still get better.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2013, 07:21:46 am »

I don't know how you deduce that considering he was deep in the celebratory huddle and was urging the rest if the team to celebrate together.

He wasn't great today but his contribution grew as we got more of the ball. His hold up play was still good, although I would like to see him be more aggressive and get in the faces of defenders more.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2013, 07:23:43 am »
Fucking body language experts everywhere.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Death by Football

• Anny Roader
  • ► JFT96 ◄
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2013, 07:26:20 am »
Was just a bit isolated I thought.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2013, 07:28:34 am »
Probably would have scored if Suarez had put his head up and found him rather than taking that shot at tight angle. Ok, it is suarez but still, he should have passed that.

Not for the goal btw. It was from right hand side in the first haf. Sturridge had peled off and was in acres of space

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2013, 07:33:26 am »

yup,it happened last game too.

it's not an attitude problem because he took the time to acknowledge the crowd before coming off and he celebrated with the rest of the team too.

just pure desire for goals i guess...good trait to have i think
The West is finished, China is the future

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2013, 07:33:45 am »
Am I correct in thinking most of Sturridge's career goal have been scored away from home?