Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4005999 times)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #35840 on: April 30, 2014, 06:32:28 pm »
So do you get these wife replacement thingies on the NHS then?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline richmond-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A stranger in a strange land.
« Reply #35841 on: April 30, 2014, 06:56:22 pm »
So do you get these wife replacement thingies on the NHS then?

You could try one of those wife-swapping party thingys. I did, but unfortunately all I got was a lawn-mower.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35842 on: April 30, 2014, 07:03:13 pm »
FP, weren't you going to tell us some stories about your days teaching at the Collegiate? I'd like to hear them when you have time.
Hey Doc, got a BIL story to spare? You know how we love them.
When in Rome...

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #35843 on: April 30, 2014, 08:35:15 pm »
And he's nick name's Lucky.

Yup I've always been known as Lucky Bill
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline The Flying Pig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35844 on: April 30, 2014, 08:35:48 pm »
You could try one of those wife-swapping party thingys. I did, but unfortunately all I got was a lawn-mower.

Sounds like a good deal. ;)

I might be in!

Offline The Flying Pig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35845 on: April 30, 2014, 08:36:37 pm »
FP, weren't you going to tell us some stories about your days teaching at the Collegiate? I'd like to hear them when you have time.
Hey Doc, got a BIL story to spare? You know how we love them.

I'll see what I can do, it was 40 years ago!

I might be in!

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #35846 on: May 1, 2014, 12:29:11 pm »
Well you've had your clouds, and now you have your silver lining.  Great stuff lovely Piggywiggy.  You had me worried there you likkle divvil.   :-* :wave
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline The Flying Pig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35847 on: May 1, 2014, 05:28:37 pm »
Sorry about that my love, I was just on a downer after Sunday's match.  :-* :-* :wave

I might be in!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #35848 on: May 2, 2014, 08:03:09 pm »
quiet in here!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35849 on: May 2, 2014, 09:07:18 pm »
quiet in here!

Shurrup yer noisy sod
When in Rome...

Offline noggin the ngog

• Main Stander
  • It's a hardknock life!
« Reply #35850 on: May 2, 2014, 09:24:24 pm »
Bugger! You just woke me up!!!

Anyway what do you think of the Bluenose's playing Man City and them wanting Man City to win? TalkSport et al has been full of it.

Although a Red my first game was Everton vs Tottenham. My Dad was a blue as he had been told the Blues were Catholic. I vividly remember Danny Blanchflower, veins bulging on his neck, heading the sodden casey down the line. The game ended 0-0. I disappointed my Arl Fella by never becoming a Blue. I always was a Red (more on that later maybe).

Anyway if Liverpool did not win the next team I wanted to win was Everton. Strange these days, but back then I think it was usual. We were Scousers together. Liverpool first. Everton Second.

If it was Everton going for the title and we could help, would you? Do you hate your fellow Scousers so much you would lose to stop them?

I wouldn't. I am not bitter. How about you?

In the lands of the North, where the Black Rocks stand guard against the cold sea, in the dark night that is very long the Men of the Northlands sit by their great log fires and they tell a tale...
And those tales they tell are the stories of a kind and wise king and his people......
And then the king was sacked.......

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #35851 on: May 2, 2014, 09:39:17 pm »
Bugger! You just woke me up!!!

Anyway what do you think of the Bluenose's playing Man City and them wanting Man City to win? TalkSport et al has been full of it.

Although a Red my first game was Everton vs Tottenham. My Dad was a blue as he had been told the Blues were Catholic. I vividly remember Danny Blanchflower, veins bulging on his neck, heading the sodden casey down the line. The game ended 0-0. I disappointed my Arl Fella by never becoming a Blue. I always was a Red (more on that later maybe).

Anyway if Liverpool did not win the next team I wanted to win was Everton. Strange these days, but back then I think it was usual. We were Scousers together. Liverpool first. Everton Second.

If it was Everton going for the title and we could help, would you? Do you hate your fellow Scousers so much you would lose to stop them?

I wouldn't. I am not bitter. How about you?

My first game was at Anfield Liverpool 1 v Arsenal 3, my second game was at Goodison my dad wanted me to see some great footballers Everton 1 Wolves 3, Wolves were the team in those early days and I think the first to play in Europe, Billy Wright, Bert Williams, Flowers, Hancock, Mullen, Willshaw, Broadbent and Deeley

That´s all about I can remember, but great teams and great players

Edit...sorry I never really answered your question. There are lots of Evertonians and reds just like you and me, I want Liverpool to win without Evertons help, I am sure there are Evertonians who would want to win the league without any help from us
« Last Edit: May 2, 2014, 09:45:57 pm by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #35852 on: May 3, 2014, 06:38:07 am »
A massive bump up the ratings. Big day this - best o' luck folks!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35853 on: May 3, 2014, 12:56:58 pm »
A massive bump up the ratings. Big day this - best o' luck folks!!

Thank you John, as ever the true sportsman
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #35854 on: May 3, 2014, 01:54:42 pm »
Now for the good bit, I've found a new lady ;) (with silver bracelets on her wrist), moved in with her and we're off to The Algarve for a week next Tuesday. My life has significantly improved! She's also a big Reds fan!

Good on ya Piggy lad, it's glad to hear the head board 's still banging on the wall!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35855 on: May 3, 2014, 04:35:58 pm »
Glorious day today, listening to The Who while digging for Britain on my Allotment, planted some Swiss Chard today its nothing like  Pil Chard. Anyway a few ciders tonight and watching a bit of NHL and hoping that Everton win a game.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #35856 on: May 3, 2014, 05:58:59 pm »
Thank you John, as ever the true sportsman

Will you ever finsh the finest Novel of our times Vic?.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35857 on: May 3, 2014, 07:27:41 pm »
Will you ever finsh the finest Novel of our times Vic?.

I am going to ask my daughter Karen to do some ghostwriting for me, then hopefully I will finish it

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35858 on: May 3, 2014, 07:48:39 pm »
I am going to ask my daughter Karen to do some ghostwriting for me, then hopefully I will finish it

Oh please let this be so. 

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35859 on: May 4, 2014, 02:06:02 pm »

Please do Vic, i need it to add to my extensive collection of books about Mr Shankly.

Offline doghouse

• Main Stander
« Reply #35860 on: May 4, 2014, 09:41:51 pm »
40 years ago today we beat Newcastle 3-0 to win the FA cup, back in Shanks and Keegan's day. Shanks had promised to bring the cup back to Liverpool after the final defeat to the Arse in 71. So it was a poetic moment. Only seems like yesterday really. Certainly not half a lifetime or more ago. How did I get this old already?

Anyone on here got any rejuvination tablets or remedies? Besides taking your new bird to the Algarve Flying Pig style that is, ha, ha, good for you mate.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #35861 on: May 4, 2014, 09:56:35 pm »

Get it done Vic. You're in a unique position to write this story (and you owe us ;D)
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #35862 on: May 4, 2014, 09:57:58 pm »
40 years ago today we beat Newcastle 3-0 to win the FA cup, back in Shanks and Keegan's day. Shanks had promised to bring the cup back to Liverpool after the final defeat to the Arse in 71. So it was a poetic moment. Only seems like yesterday really. Certainly not half a lifetime or more ago. How did I get this old already?

Anyone on here got any rejuvination tablets or remedies? Besides taking your new bird to the Algarve Flying Pig style that is, ha, ha, good for you mate.

I still bleed when I think of Alec Lindsay's goal being disallowed.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35863 on: May 4, 2014, 10:01:05 pm »

I've forgotten many things over the years mate but the build up to that game and the final itself is clear in my mind, for loads of reasons. Even as a kid I felt it was one of the most comfortable and enjoyable games of football with such significance that you could watch. Little did I know what was ahead of me in terms of cup finals for the next few decades. Someone should have prepared me.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #35864 on: May 4, 2014, 10:33:11 pm »
I still bleed when I think of Alec Lindsay's goal being disallowed.

Remember this game more clearly than things that happened yesterday. Was 8 at the time
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35865 on: May 4, 2014, 10:38:10 pm »
They were the days of our only dose of live football , fa cup final day starting at twelve leading to the three o clock kick off , the 74 final itv filmed a few lads in the year above me in my old school anfield road juniors ,
About twenty of them all on a set of steps outside singing ( walk on I think ) .

One of them who is still a mate to this day and still regularly see in the sandon after the game gets to tell a football joke to Ed stewpot steward . Name three footballers named after food he asks .....pat rice ....Tony currie .... And topically for the final itself ...Malcolm McDonald ......why asks stewpot .....because he's a big pudding comes the 11 year olds reply

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #35866 on: May 4, 2014, 10:49:18 pm »
.....because he's a big pudding comes the 11 year olds reply

LOL.  Who's mouthier than a Scouse nipper?
Kill the humourless

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35867 on: May 4, 2014, 11:09:33 pm »
I'm being really honest here, you know when Charlie George scored that screamer past Clemence - I'd all ready seen it. I was 9 then.
He'd had a couple of long distance, scary belts at goal on the day, but that wasn't the reason, when it went in it was the exact same goal I'd dreamt, visualised or wondered about at some point the previous week. I can't explain it at all and this is the first time I've told anyone about it.
We cried, me & my best mate of 50 years now, and I've never told him that I knew the goal would be like that. Weird.
For that and other reasons made the Newcastle final an absolute fucking treat.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35868 on: May 4, 2014, 11:18:31 pm »
I'm being really honest here, you know when Charlie George scored that screamer past Clemence - I'd all ready seen it. I was 9 then.
He'd had a couple of long distance, scary belts at goal on the day, but that wasn't the reason, when it went in it was the exact same goal I'd dreamt, visualised or wondered about at some point the previous week. I can't explain it at all and this is the first time I've told anyone about it.
We cried, me & my best mate of 50 years now, and I've never told him that I knew the goal would be like that. Weird.
For that and other reasons made the Newcastle final an absolute fucking treat.

That was my first heartbreaking football moment that Charlie George goal , I too was 9 and still recall heighway putting us into the lead and my dad telling me we were going to win it now . Then George Graham
Equalised and george got the winner ....but it was always that celebration that hurt ...I posted somewhere else when we played them 2001 and owen got that late winner , I didn't want him going mad I wanted him to lay on the floor just like Charlie George did and get revenge for me ;-)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35869 on: May 5, 2014, 01:23:38 am »
...when we played them 2001 and owen got that late winner , I didn't want him going mad I wanted him to lay on the floor just like Charlie George did and get revenge for me ;-)
Like many of our finals that game had gone for me mate, we'd been battered, almost humiliated, completely out classed until Owen's touch of genius. So you're right, my pint 30 years on in 2001 was sweet. And it was the first year that my lad appreciated what we were as a club, a trophy winning machine. The pic of me & him with those 5 cups is a monumental part our renaissance despite the odd impending blip.

Offline Greebo62

• Matchday Project Manager. Amazingly Available! Apply within, ladies.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #35870 on: May 5, 2014, 04:16:35 pm »

I watched that game aged 11 on Faith Brown's telly in the back of DER in Maghull square.  It was the biggest colour telly DER had to rent and her's was fortuitously in need of a repair.  The bloke who'd fixed it kept in the back of the shop for the weekend...  deliberately I think!  I remember there must have been abar 15 of us, kids & dads crammed into the back repair room, sat on telly carcasses watching the game.

Think the TV was a 27" colour.

Time certainly has flown... *sigh*

Believe...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35871 on: May 5, 2014, 04:18:49 pm »

Was at that one and two weeks later got married and still married now so thats two Ruby Anniversaries for me.

Did anyone ever find Supermac because nobody saw him in the game much.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35872 on: May 5, 2014, 04:27:13 pm »
Was at that one and two weeks later got married and still married now so thats two Ruby Anniversaries for me.

Did anyone ever find Supermac because nobody saw him in the game much.

yep he was in Phil Thompson' s back pocket

Offline The Flying Pig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35873 on: May 5, 2014, 10:02:54 pm »
yep he was in Phil Thompson' s back pocket

;D

I might be in!

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35874 on: May 6, 2014, 07:20:27 am »
Bloody hell - what happened at Palace last night then?

My son sent me a text that you'd won 3-0.
When I get in work this morning I see the 3-3.

Just sent HIM a text saying next time son READ the ferkin' result before sending bollux texts eh? :P

I think it's gone now folks sorry to say.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35875 on: May 6, 2014, 04:10:58 pm »
I am going to ask my daughter Karen to do some ghostwriting for me, then hopefully I will finish it. 

Get it done Vic. You're in a unique position to write this story (and you owe us ;D)

Good news is that Karen has agreed to help me, bad news is we can't start till August, she is busy, also she will be in England and I can fly over with my writing pad, you know the one with lines on the paper

« Last Edit: May 6, 2014, 04:13:01 pm by vicgill »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35876 on: May 7, 2014, 08:01:17 am »
Morning all, come on get out of bed and have your medication.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35877 on: May 7, 2014, 08:11:26 am »
Who said that and where the feck am I? :o

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35878 on: May 7, 2014, 09:06:35 am »
Morning all, come on get out of bed and have your medication.

Who said that and where the feck am I? :o

I was just wondering the same thing.  I've been up since 5.30 o' cowing clock doing email objections to a planning permission to prevent my stupid, bone idle mate's tits being put through the mangle.  Time and time again she does this.  John used to go loopy.  I try to keep my distance but every now and again get sucked in.  Soft get am I. 

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #35879 on: May 7, 2014, 11:54:28 am »
I was just wondering the same thing.  I've been up since 5.30 o' cowing clock doing email objections to a planning permission to prevent my stupid, bone idle mate's tits being put through the mangle.  Time and time again she does this.  John used to go loopy.  I try to keep my distance but every now and again get sucked in.  Soft get am I. 

Fackinell Mags.  If she doesn't want the mammography can't she just say no?
Kill the humourless