Author Topic: The wicked witch is dead. Margaret Thatcher is dead.  (Read 92576 times)

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
Re: The wicked witch is dead. Margaret Thatcher is dead.
« Reply #800 on: April 17, 2013, 06:07:48 pm »
Looks like decent crowd has turned up at St. Georges for the party on Granada news.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #801 on: April 17, 2013, 06:14:35 pm »
Yes great news.

Rejoice the witch is in hell.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: April 17, 2013, 06:19:21 pm »
Being on nights, I slept through all of it. Haven't seen one bit of footage at all. Sort of a silent protest on my part.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #803 on: April 17, 2013, 06:27:04 pm »
Being on nights, I slept through all of it. Haven't seen one bit of footage at all. Sort of a silent protest on my part.

I'm gonna watch the highlights later.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #804 on: April 17, 2013, 06:28:21 pm »

You mean the lowlights?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: April 17, 2013, 06:28:21 pm »

With Alan Shearer's expert tactical insight...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #806 on: April 17, 2013, 06:37:39 pm »
The fuck where Ingham and Osborne blubbering for? Soft c*nts.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #807 on: April 17, 2013, 06:42:27 pm »
Good fucking riddance.

Fuck her. Fuck the Tories, and fuck those who have ever or will ever vote Tory.
yeah and Tony Blair and Labour Party are the good guys.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: April 17, 2013, 06:45:46 pm »
David Mellor turns my stomach the shithead.

He does have a face you want to punch!
Justice for the 96!

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: April 17, 2013, 06:50:26 pm »
As much as I hate what Thatcher did to this country and all she stands for, I don't begrudge her a state funeral. Regardless of how good or awful they have been I think this is something that should be given to all former prime ministers. In the case of Thatcher, it gives us a chance to check the old witch is dead!

The Queen seemed happy enough when she arrived, maybe the rumours that she didn't like Thatcher are true.
Justice for the 96!

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #810 on: April 17, 2013, 06:55:05 pm »
watching the coverage of the Witch's funeral on all TV stations' news programs over here you'd think that Jesus himself has died. Unbelievable, "north korean" style of reporting and canonization.

"hundreds of thousands of people have gathered to pay their respects...... a small group of protesters....."

"one of the greatest leaders.... brought prosperity to Great Britain once again..... freedom fighter(!!)...... role model......"

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: April 17, 2013, 06:55:09 pm »
As much as I hate what Thatcher did to this country and all she stands for, I don't begrudge her a state funeral. Regardless of how good or awful they have been I think this is something that should be given to all former prime ministers.

No fucking way! Does john major deserve a state funeral?

In the case of Thatcher, it gives us a chance to check the old witch is dead!

We could have done it for a fraction of the 10+ million cost to the taxpayer.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #812 on: April 17, 2013, 07:00:29 pm »
In 1997 you would wait 4 years for a hip replacement... 4 years... Imagine that now?

Waiting lists were horrific.

Schools were literally so poor they were falling down on students.

There was no minimum wage....

I could go on....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #813 on: April 17, 2013, 07:08:46 pm »
She is dead and buried :)
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #815 on: April 17, 2013, 08:59:40 pm »
the thing is mate, a true left wing party will unfortunately probably never come to power again without some massive international full scale riots, and the reason why is that so is exactly this belief that "although the Labour Party(not only British) isn't what it's supposed to be it's still the lesser evil".

It isn't, it really isn't.

Quite the contrary actually. I'd go even as far as to say that it's some kind of a Troyan horse.  Making people BELIEVE that they're the lesser evil, talking the talk but not walking the walk., if you know what I mean.
Can't agree with you there mate you have to start the fight back somewhere and turning your back on the labour party isn't the way in my opinion, I'm on the same track as you and would love a more left thinking party to vote for but at this time in history it it won't happen, the tory's love it when they hear" they're all the same I'm not voting" they sneak in through the back door of many a constituency that way, it also lets in the hard right groups who con the ordinary people into thinking that they're on their side when all the c*nts are, are far right conservatives. There isn't the political power to get people to think of everyone rather than self survival the Thatcher regime saw to that and now her bastard children are carrying it on to a new generation of voters who are still being brainwashed by the media, I don't want to get into a big debate on this thread I'd rather get drunk abusing Thatcher and her supporters so maybe we can start a thread and throw our tuppence worth of opinions at each other another time. I'm not against what you seem to be striving for its a case in my mind of taking what we have and try and improve it.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #816 on: April 17, 2013, 09:04:02 pm »
Ha me too! The past week has perked up the Marxist within me.

Have learned this as well, its a song about mines and stuff.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dm69TUoSCkw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dm69TUoSCkw</a>
Nothing like a bit of good ole Irish my man here's one back at ya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvFqVgz1AGo&list=PL50096CF86BF0315F&index=14
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #817 on: April 18, 2013, 01:34:42 am »
Gotta say, I found it a bit weird that the funeral was even on tv in the first place.

I'm certainly not religious and was a little too young to give a flying fuck about Diana's funeral, although I was pissed off about our game against the Geordies being cancelled while I was on holiday, but I find it odd that anyone, for or against thatcher, would watch her funeral. It's just weird. Joe public never met her and didn't know her personally so why it's deemed to be a matter of national interest and be televised fucking baffles me.

It's a funeral. Why would anybody want to watch that for somebody they don't know? It's supposed to be "a celebration of their life", not a fucking tv spectacle.

Either way, bollocks to thatcher. I couldn't give a toss that she is dead.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #818 on: April 18, 2013, 01:43:11 am »
It's on telly because we paid for it. It was fine motivation to work today...

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #819 on: April 18, 2013, 01:50:41 am »
It worked for me. I was supposed to start at 12 and couldn't wait to get out of the house to avoid it. I ended up starting at 11

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #820 on: April 18, 2013, 02:32:55 am »
@theblacklamp 3h
Unsuprisingly, BBC have edited out the booing at Ludgate in the iPlayer version of today's #Thatcher funeral http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01s5gbw/The_Funeral_of_Baroness_Thatcher/

@theblacklamp 3h
When it gets near Ludgate, they cut to arrivals at St Pauls - here's what actually happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k-LqFLWWs0 … #Thatcher

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: April 18, 2013, 06:27:51 am »
@theblacklamp 3h
Unsuprisingly, BBC have edited out the booing at Ludgate in the iPlayer version of today's #Thatcher funeral http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01s5gbw/The_Funeral_of_Baroness_Thatcher/

@theblacklamp 3h
When it gets near Ludgate, they cut to arrivals at St Pauls - here's what actually happened http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k-LqFLWWs0 … #Thatcher
Everyone of those officers should be suspended,  turning their backs on the witch. Outrageous!!!!
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: April 18, 2013, 07:47:10 am »
Amanda Thatcher.  That is all.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #823 on: April 18, 2013, 09:18:30 am »
Amanda Thatcher.  That is all.

for someone who is the grand child of satan, she aint bad looking.   She has been the Pipa Middleton of the funeral
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #824 on: April 18, 2013, 10:30:27 am »
Errrrr, stop it now.  .  . :o :o
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline First manc on the moon

• Boys Pen
  • Acid house casualty
« Reply #825 on: April 18, 2013, 01:12:01 pm »
Good to see Liverpool, Manchester, Preston and Wigan not flying the flag at half mast yesterday.
Burn in hell bitch.

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #826 on: April 18, 2013, 02:25:54 pm »
for someone who is the grand child of satan, she aint bad looking.   She has been the Pipa Middleton of the funeral
i eagerly await her book on social events
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: April 18, 2013, 03:15:30 pm »
So as to not derail the other topics I just wanted to say I'm glad Anne saw this heartless bitch in her grave first.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #828 on: April 18, 2013, 06:26:17 pm »
My sis at Thatcher's funeral :) We went up to protest and The Guardian took this when they interviewed her for their audio slide show. She gave her a kicking but they don't play the whole interview on the website

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #829 on: April 18, 2013, 06:31:15 pm »
So as to not derail the other topics I just wanted to say I'm glad Anne saw this heartless bitch in her grave first.
I'll echo that sentiment and declare the thread as dead and as cold as Thatcher herself. If another mid wants to reopen it, I won't mind but today of all days I would rather not see this thread on the unread replies queue.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #830 on: April 18, 2013, 10:22:33 pm »
as cold as Thatcher herself.

Not any more. Probably quite toasty in that there hell fire.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #831 on: April 8, 2018, 02:25:58 pm »
Happy 5th Anniversary, Maggie. Warm enough for you down there? :wave