Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3887213 times)

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
By January Liverpool will have fallen away and Manchester Untied will be challenging.

Say it Cantona. Say it!

Nah, you'll have a good season again I reckon.

More biting going on around here than Suarez at the World Cup though. ;D
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Nah, you'll have a good season again I reckon.

More biting going on around here than Suarez at the World Cup though. ;D
Who do you think will finish higher, Liverpool or Manchester Untied?

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who do you think will finish higher, Liverpool or Manchester Untied?

Without Suarez, we'll finish above you.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan

Thankyou.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

And there it is. :D Awaiting someone to sig it for posterity. I'm too attached to my Rooney one to change it!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
And there it is. :D Awaiting someone to sig it for posterity. I'm too attached to my Rooney one to change it!

There ya go. I was sigless for the time being.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
The big question is, will this fat headed c*nt be able to handle the world class players of manc untd? Players such as cleverly, smalling, jones, fletcher...young! World class players. We could be in trouble if he does.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
Nicely done my friend
It's beautiful, isn't it? The swagger is well and truly back. Because well, they're Man United.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's beautiful, isn't it? The swagger is well and truly back. Because well, they're Man United.

;) ;D

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
The big question is, will this fat headed c*nt be able to handle the world class players of manc untd? Players such as cleverly, smalling, jones, fletcher...young! World class players. We could be in trouble if he does.
How dare you not include Valencia in that list of world class players! ;D
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Here's my prediction about United this season...they'll challenge for top 4 again as they have Van Giaant Foreheaad, an excellent manager.  I'd be shocked if they were as bad as last year. And bandwagon Manc fans will come slithering out from the holes they hid in last year to invade this thread. They will then need to be slapped about the head and face.  :D

Cantona earned his right to hang around, as he was brave enough to be here most days during the Great Moyesification. I'd never trust him with my money in Las Vegas making predictions, but he's a good lad.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 8, 2014, 09:31:48 pm by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
Kroos is going to brilliant for Untied next season.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
;D

You are what you lot always said we were. And it's so amusing.

This is your year eh ;D

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
;D

This is your year eh ;D

HAHAHAHA :D

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
;D

This is your year eh ;D

We've been crap a season not 25. ;D

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
Cantona mate, what happens when you beat Cardiff though ?

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cantona mate, what happens when you beat Cardiff though ?

Progress to the next round of the cup. ???

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
£750m ten-year kit deal is just staggering with the situation they are in right now!

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I do like it when Man Utd fans keep talking about the past.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
Without Suarez Rooney, we'll finish above you.
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You're not getting £25M per year from Adidas. Unless you hit certain targets.

And LFC already make more off Warrior, thank you very much.

Pffft, as if our new deal won't trump yours.
If we get less than £50M per year off Adidas, i'll stop posting on here.

No, it really won't be.

I've explained this before but you have a short term memory.. ;)

Nike own and run your mega stores and all merchandising, internet sales...full stop. That was their deal. They employee everyone in your stores not MU.

Warrior just has our kit contract. LFC owns and runs our Mega stores, internet sales, etc. Our Store employees are on the LFC payroll.

It looks like MU have come to their senses and have found out how good our deal is. So Adidas will be your kit supplier, for less, and you will gain control of your own Mega stores and internet sales. The problem is you now need to increase your payroll for your merchandising department, seek out suppliers, etc.

MU will spin the story that they will make more but it will be dependent on a number of factors. One's MU gave up the rights to when they signed with Nike for big bucks.

:wave

Financial Times and the Times saying we are on the verge of signing a ten year deal worth £750M
I guess that's me posting for a bit longer at least.  :wave

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
£750m ten-year kit deal is just staggering with the situation they are in right now!

It's insane. Football has gone mad(der).

IBTimes reporting that it's not even performance based...just a flat £75m a season.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity

IBTimes reporting that it's not even performance based...just a flat £75m a season.

In 10 years time, it'll look a lot different than it initially was.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2014, 12:43:16 am by Latenight Surfer »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
Oh they are 'back' are they?

Already?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Players like Park and Kuyt have a role in football, and have done well in big sides.
Not everybody can be a flair player, If you can't see their use then you probably haven't been paying enough attention.

I'm not talking about whether he's good or not, he's appearing on the front row of your kit marketing poster thus he's been positioned there to sell more shirts in the Far East/Asian market.  That's why he's a marketing ploy.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Originally thought it was strange to sign a 10 year deal, as Arsenal have shown it can soon leave you miles behind once other sides get renewals every 3,4,5 years.

But then it's obvious, if you're the United board and know you're in with a good chance of being in the wilderness for a while then securing as long a deal as you can makes perfect sense.

United have set a bench mark so similar sized clubs (Madrid, Bayern, Barca, us, etc) will secure a similar level upon next renewal, although I'd hazard a guess none will be on such a long term contract as will know they can increase it again on the next renewal.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
Some of them are convinced that Suarez and Moyes were the only reasons for a 20 point gap (was it 20? big ass gap whatever it was) between us and United last time round. And even more, that no Suarez and Van Gaal will see our fortunes reversed.

Underrating our team and overrating theirs as rivals are prone to do I guess :lickin we're probably guilty of the same the other way somewhat.

Arsenal and ourselves are also supposed to be terrified by Van Gaal's appointment, as if we have no confidence in our own sides. Some United fans I know think they have a right to be at the top - I asked my uni friend if he'd be happy with 4th next season and he said no. Granted, we haven't seen how they'll play yet or what everyone's teams will look like at the end of the window, but his expectations still surprised me.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
The problem with such a long-term deal is that, while initially it'll look like you are being paid more than what your performance would suggest, later on, with the (inevitable) inflation, it might actually not look so good as it might have first appeared to be. My guess is that both parties have to agree on a fee which would result in minimum damage, when eventually the inflation sets-in and at the same time on paper it'll make it look like a mega deal for a club, which I guess would result in winning most fans' trust' back during a tough period on and off the pitch.

I think United have realized that they need a contingency plan to minimize the financial losses if they fail to achieve the regular UCL places and the expected pressure to succeed on the pitch. Which IMO is a very clever and smart move by the club and also for ADIDAS to help build it's 'gradually' diminishing reputation as the main rivals to NIKE.

IMO it's a good investment on a (fallen?) giant who could rise again with a good on-the-pitch management team.

I could imagine a banner of 'ADIDAS IN' flying over OT at the start of the season.  :)

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
£75m per year over the next 10 is a great deal IMO. Can't see them figures getting outdated too quickly.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity

That's why he's a marketing ploy.

If anything @EvilKagawa has been much more of a marketing ploy than Kagawa himself.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
£75m per year over the next 10 is a great deal IMO. Can't see them figures getting outdated too quickly.

It depends when the other sides have renewals due, as United's deal will be used as a benchmark during the negotiations. Can you see Madrid and Barca being happy with less than that?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Wait for the ink to dry. Warrior doesn't have that kind of money and Adidas wouldn't pony up 20 mil for us, so 75 mil for Man Utd would be a bit of a stretch as well.

Sure the Mancs will tout their marketing genius but that is for all the sponsor they sign. Not actually selling kits because they sold their soul to Nike and Nike has 100% control.

As predicted the Mancs will play with the numbers for publicity reasons but the accounts at their next kit supplier will tell a different tale.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
Seems a good deal for the Mancs. Compared to current deals it looks amazing and no doubt will continue to be thought of as so for a few years to come. It'll likely balance out though and look under par in the last year or two but Manc have locking in a big income for years to come. Who knows what will happen with the economy etc.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Doesn't matter how convinced they are, our success is in our own hands. If we continue to play good football and perform like we have, we'll be ahead of them.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Wait for the ink to dry. Warrior doesn't have that kind of money and Adidas wouldn't pony up 20 mil for us, so 75 mil for Man Utd would be a bit of a stretch as well.

Sure the Mancs will tout their marketing genius but that is for all the sponsor they sign. Not actually selling kits because they sold their soul to Nike and Nike has 100% control.

As predicted the Mancs will play with the numbers for publicity reasons but the accounts at their next kit supplier will tell a different tale.

Just 12 months ago Chelsea signed a 10 year deal for £290m a season. So United are going to be getting almost 3 times what Chelsea are for the next 10 years? Hard to believe.

Then again, it might just be Adidas trying to maintain a foothold in the Premier League. Arsenal & City are already with Nike. Their most marketable club in the league was us and they let us go, which they later admitted they regretted.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Man U shirts probably outsell Chelsea, arsenal and city combined, so I'm sure adidas won't think it's such a risky investment