Author Topic: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....  (Read 43408 times)

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....
« Reply #480 on: December 30, 2011, 11:02:26 pm »
My cup runeth over with festive cheer this evening.

Allow me one niggle, just to chuck into the Carroll debate pot.
Did anyone notice him having a go at Enrique for that low cross in the 2nd half?
And I think he had a pop at Johnson in the first, and maybe even Downing as well.
I was really pleased with Andy's overall contribution and I believe in him, but just
a bit disappointed with that attitude, and wondering aloud if he needs to wind his neck in
a bit? Could be nothing – fair enough he's desperate to score, but that our play shouldn't
all be about perfect service at 6 foot 7 inches.

I noticed that too, and thought the same.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #481 on: December 30, 2011, 11:04:12 pm »
Martin...? 

he was maybe too young for that one, personally my choice of drink tonight is amaretto but thanks for the offer, have a good new year mee lord.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #482 on: December 30, 2011, 11:04:13 pm »
Legend salutes legend

Boss that mate,cheers

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #483 on: December 30, 2011, 11:04:50 pm »
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #484 on: December 30, 2011, 11:04:53 pm »
But he'd show up most professional footballers.....

He's a fucking genius

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #485 on: December 30, 2011, 11:06:01 pm »
Finish the year on a high. Plenty of good performances. Look forward to Newcastle bans post game.

Bring on citeeh.

Offline moses

• Anny Roader
  • liverpool are magic, everton are tragic..
« Reply #486 on: December 30, 2011, 11:06:06 pm »
he was maybe too young for that one, personally my choice of drink tonight is amaretto but thanks for the offer, have a good new year mee lord.
loic remi?!
'I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure'

Offline crichton

• Main Stander
  • Earn The Right
« Reply #487 on: December 30, 2011, 11:06:39 pm »

Did anyone notice him having a go at Enrique for that low cross in the 2nd half?
And I think he had a pop at Johnson in the first, and maybe even Downing as well.
I was really pleased with Andy's overall contribution and I believe in him, but just
a bit disappointed with that attitude, and wondering aloud if he needs to wind his neck in
a bit? Could be nothing – fair enough he's desperate to score, but that our play shouldn't

I saw it the other way mate.  Personally was happy to see Carroll trying to impose himself on his team mates.   All the best strikers are not afraid to have a go at their team mates when they are not happy with the service they recieve.
Maybe it shows that Andy is feeling more at home at the club, with his teammates.
15 years on RAWK and I’m grateful for every post. Wandering Red finally back home.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #488 on: December 30, 2011, 11:06:49 pm »
Great to have the captain back. It's shame Bellamy can't play every game. Great win by LFC today, can't wait for the next game.

Bring on Man City!!!
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #489 on: December 30, 2011, 11:07:11 pm »
Andy Carroll hit the bar then fell over, a typical Friday night for our Andy then...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #490 on: December 30, 2011, 11:08:38 pm »

See I look at that slightly differently the fact he had a go at them may mean he doesn't feel overawed by the players around him anymore, and lets face it any striker would have bollocked them for those crosses, so in my opinion do more of it Andy demand the ball but then put it away!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #491 on: December 30, 2011, 11:08:48 pm »
His first goal for us, his genius on display so soon in his career, I had the pleasure...no, honour, to be there. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KwkP73Ogry0?version=3&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KwkP73Ogry0?version=3&amp;</a>
First goal for us......wow
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #492 on: December 30, 2011, 11:09:11 pm »
Andy Carroll hit the bar then fell over, a typical Friday night for our Andy then...
Bum tish
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

« Reply #493 on: December 30, 2011, 11:09:47 pm »
Tis the first time in ages that I've missed any match...but I missed the second half...how and when do I go about finding this game?
Video thread on rawk

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: December 30, 2011, 11:09:51 pm »

;D

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: December 30, 2011, 11:10:30 pm »

To be fair, in that instance he had a right ... it was a pretty naff cross from Enrique (don't even think it got past the first defender) along the ground when a more lofted cross would have (a) got past the first man and (b) given Carroll a chance of getting to it / doing something with it.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: December 30, 2011, 11:10:43 pm »
Love how the old guard just grabbed this game by the scruff and said "let's have it".

Offline SuperMilan

• Kopite
« Reply #497 on: December 30, 2011, 11:11:28 pm »

He's a fucking genius

Agree 100% no matter what club he was at, he would do that!
A true liverpool ledgend.
If Everton where playing outside my house, I'de close the curtains.

Offline Roslagen

• Legacy Fan
  • What I write is conspiracy nonsense
« Reply #498 on: December 30, 2011, 11:11:31 pm »

:lmao
Mourinho to Spurs when Redknapp leaves, was a discussion I had with a friend in the pub last night. Possible.

Offline Red Scouse

• Anny Roader
  • Stop making sense.
« Reply #499 on: December 30, 2011, 11:11:37 pm »
Reluctant to post on this thread following the Blackburn game when so much shite was being posted by others, but here goes.

Positives from tonight's performance are obviously:

Gerrard back and looking strong, how does he create the space he does? With him back in the team we will develop into a much more consistent game winning team.

Team showed another dimension to our play. So many saying after the last game we are predictable. Thought we played slightly deeper today which might have offered N'castle more possession but worked to our advantage in the end.

Martin Skrtel's performance, that clearance was immense. Really like the guy, playing with passion and he is proving many critics wrong, good on him.

Thought Andy's contribution was good and he only made a few mistakes, acceptable and understandable given his role. I bet he goes to bed tonight creaming himself that Gerrard is back, he is going to thrive on the world class delivery Stevie will provide.

Don't think anybody had a bad game and all made a contribution.

That team has the ability to score from every single position, been a long time since we could say that (waits for the AC jokes).

Negatives:

Only that we started slow, perhaps that was a result of playing deeper - if it was at least we got the result.

Conclusion:

We have a way to go but I firmly believe, not hope, that we will move up a gear now. It is plain to see we have many new players who are functional at the moment but just need confidence in order to feel more comfortable playing for LFC. It must be a very intimidating feeling playing for the reds......let's all get behind them and we can achieve 4th come the end of the season.

Happy New Year to the team and to RAWK.

Red Scouse.

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: December 30, 2011, 11:12:20 pm »

I saw it the other way mate.  Personally was happy to see Carroll trying to impose himself on his team mates.   All the best strikers are not afraid to have a go at their team mates when they are not happy with the service they recieve.
Maybe it shows that Andy is feeling more at home at the club, with his teammates.

hope so. clearly kenny's been drilling this ball-to-head thing in for a while, but didn't see why enrique should get a bollocking for whipping in a decent low cross – andy's got good feet too.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: December 30, 2011, 11:13:35 pm »
Not 20 pages of an overspent squad that's fighting for mid-table. Fuckers.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline redaaronemma

• Main Stander
« Reply #502 on: December 30, 2011, 11:14:28 pm »

My tupence would be when we broke near the end & our andy was strolling up pass the half way line when the ball was being crossed into the box...desperate to score.. :o

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #503 on: December 30, 2011, 11:15:04 pm »
Legend salutes legend

i loved this as did we all i expect :wellin
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #504 on: December 30, 2011, 11:16:28 pm »
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: December 30, 2011, 11:16:47 pm »
Not 20 pages of an overspent squad that's fighting for mid-table. Fuckers.

Right?  It's a game of special moments that in this case, went in our favor.  Skrtel simply changed the outlook on RAWK, with Stevie sealing the deal. 

The funny part is that there is always so little in a win and a loss 8 or 9 times out of 10, but the emotional swings of doom/gloom and ecstasy are soooo fucking huge. 

It's all very...hormonal.

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #506 on: December 30, 2011, 11:16:51 pm »
I really like the formation we played today, so much better than 4-4-2. Its different from when we have Suarez up top by himself because we were actually looking to get crosses in. When its just Suarez in there by himself most of our attacks come through the centre.

I would like the same formation in future, with Carroll still leading the line but stick Suarez in one of the wide positions.
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: December 30, 2011, 11:18:22 pm »
He should

Undoubtedly.  Just dont have a lot of confidence in the thinking processes of those that make decisions like that.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: December 30, 2011, 11:19:38 pm »
Well that was nice wasn't it? 3 goals. Shit me.

Not sure we really bossed it in any way shape or form but maybe things payed off. Good to see Spearing back isn't it? And that Gerrard fella. 3 goals. And a crossbar. I quite like us with Carroll alone up front I have to say.

And Mr Skrtel... ta for that one.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: December 30, 2011, 11:21:44 pm »
How I've fucking missed that feeling of a convincing win. :scarf

Even though we were shocking in the beginning.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: December 30, 2011, 11:24:22 pm »

I thought the direct opposite. Carroll has got to demand things. Enrique was probably right in that instance but Carroll has got to be bullish.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #511 on: December 30, 2011, 11:24:33 pm »
Some dick head singing Rafa Benitez in the Lower Anny when the Geordies scored. I bet the 3-1 result fucked his radio phone in call the fuckin nugget.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #512 on: December 30, 2011, 11:25:04 pm »

Dont think we were perticularly shocking, we were just sitting really deep and not doing much closing down.
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #513 on: December 30, 2011, 11:25:49 pm »

He's a fucking genius

He would - of that there is no denying.

But today was not just about the early balls he kept putting in but the earlier quicker balls to Downing and Johnson in particular.  The ball moved so much quicker when he came on.

At 55 minutes we had hit a brick wall.  We couldnot get the ball back from Newcastle and everytime we did we gave it straight back.  You sensed the crowd's anxiety growing.

Offline SuperMilan

• Kopite
« Reply #514 on: December 30, 2011, 11:26:50 pm »

I think a lot of people forget carroll is only 22 years old, lets give the lad a chance.
If Everton where playing outside my house, I'de close the curtains.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #515 on: December 30, 2011, 11:26:56 pm »

I thought we were poor the first 15 minutes of the second half.  Never go going until Stevie came on

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #516 on: December 30, 2011, 11:28:39 pm »
The ball moved so much quicker when he came on.

thats why carroll actually started lookin like a striker

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: December 30, 2011, 11:29:15 pm »
Men of the Match: Bellamy, Skrtel and Gerrard.

Bellamy - Kenny said Maxi was a credit to his profession. The same can be said about Craig Douglas Bellamy. He gives his all, is a tenacious SoB and a tremendous professional. Great performance from him today.

Skrtel - what a changed player in Carra's absence. Always alert, snuffs out danger and basically had Demba Ba in his pocket. His goal-line clearance perhaps took the stuffing out of Newcastle's attack.

Gerrard - we've really missed him. His quality is streaks ahead of anyone on the pitch. He's the one who's made Torres into a prolific scorer in his heyday. Well taken goal.

If I had to choose the Man of the Match, my pick is Craig Douglas Bellamy. For a team with one of the lowest goals scored, having scored a brace speaks a lot. Well done Redmen

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #518 on: December 30, 2011, 11:29:56 pm »
I thought Spearing was MOM myself.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #519 on: December 30, 2011, 11:30:32 pm »
I think a lot of people forget carroll is only 22 years old, lets give the lad a chance.

I don't think he's done too bad the last few games.  He's obviously changing to a different way of playing but look how much better he looked whe Gerrard kept putting quick early balls in.

Then again, look how good Torres and Owen looked when Gerrard kept putting quick early balls in!