Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (Goodison vs Everton - 24/03 - 13:00 ko) (*)  (Read 592530 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Liverpool Ladies FC (*)
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2011, 06:05:18 pm »
a quick reminder this is a * thread so WILL be heavily moderated so leave out the sexist/sexual comments.
Agreed, but after this
Undoubtedly.

I also don't buy this idea that a smaller pitch and shorter games will improve things.

What will improve things is greater investment in the game and better facilities and training.

jaygraham - I've watched countless games at a senior level and I'll tell you this - many of the women I have seen/met/trained with would literally run rings around many of the men at the equivalent level before said men can get a shot in.

Also, I can testify from personal experience that many female strikers can hit the ball just as hard as many of the men - I know that because I have been on the receiving end of shots from both genders and they bloody well hurt ;)

There is only one way for the women to play and that's on the same terms - same rules, same conditions, same everything. Just don't have the same expectations - and I don't mean that in terms of lower ones, just different ones. There is plenty about the women's game that is different and I find the vast majority of those differences to be refreshing.

*edit* - anyway, this is a thread about Liverpool Ladies FC in particular - I don't mind the occasional diversion but let's keep it on topic please - it's not a debate about the women's game v the men's game. Ta!

The aim is to promote/publicise Liverpool Ladies FC and the WSL in general - so let's focus on the team. I had another chat with the PR people today and there's some more info coming my way that I'll post in here as and when.

I have to post this.....

24/7 thinks girls are ace at footy....

Bella! Bella!.......BELLA BELLA.......BELLA! BELLA!.....Bella Ronaldo.....

Forgive me, but I just couldn't help being sexist and picking on a bloke.......:P

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2011, 06:12:01 pm »
Agreed, but after this
I have to post this.....

Forgive me, but I just couldn't help being sexist and picking on a bloke.......:P
Haha, you can have that one cos it's meant to be at my expense ;) - the last laugh's on you though - I love that film and I relate totally to Gregory :P :wave

My gloves are better though.....

Anyway - are we any closer to identifying someone who wants to be like a RAWK Rep at the Ladies' home and/or away games? Message me!

Offline lincolnred-dad

• ok i'm an arse. a big fat arse.
  • Kopite
  • It's my bloody fence and I'm sitting on it!
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2011, 06:47:34 pm »
as lincoln are also in the WSl with a couple of england girls, plus they only play round the corner from us, and it's dirt cheap to get a ticket. i'm looking forward to seeing the games for the 2nd half of the comp.
If Tevez signs I will be the first man in history to run from Sydney to Melbourne in complete and utter nudity  :D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2011, 06:54:11 pm »
as lincoln are also in the WSl with a couple of england girls, plus they only play round the corner from us, and it's dirt cheap to get a ticket. i'm looking forward to seeing the games for the 2nd half of the comp.
August 13th - Lincoln v Liverpool - fancy doing an eyewitness match report for us? :)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 12:57:26 pm »
Attention parents!!

See below, latest press release.

LIVERPOOL LADIES HOST FREE FOOTBALL FESTIVAL

The Liverpool Ladies FC free Girls Football Festival is back by popular demand this weekend.

The WSL team is inviting girls aged 6 - 12 to take part in football and skills training before their home tie against Bristol Academy (SUN 31 JULY) at Skelmersdale FC.  Coaches from the Liverpool FC Centre of Excellence will lead the activity sessions.

Festivals held by the club during the first half of the WSL season proved a huge success, with more than 70 girls taking part, and organisers said that the attendees wanted the club to host more events in the future.

Liverpool Ladies captain, Vicky Jones, said: "The past festivals we have held have been so well attended that we certainly wanted to do them again.  We have girls with
a range of football abilities coming along, practicing what they know, learning new skills and all the time having fun.

"Hopefully the great reception that the women's world cup received will encourage more young girls to take up football and we want as many as possible to come down
and try it out.

"It also means that the girls can be part in our pre-match build-up, watch the game for free after and make friends along the way."

Girls of any ability, and girl's teams up to Under 12s, are invited to participate. Liverpool Ladies reserve players, along with Centre of Excellence staff, will run
fun football skills sessions, followed by mini-matches.

The free sessions start at 10.30am and last for two hours, ahead of a 2pm kick off. Girls taking part in the sessions will receive free entry to the match.

Any youngsters wishing to participate have been asked to arrive suitably dressed - shirt, shorts, socks and trainers.

The festival will take place at Skelmersdale United FC, where Liverpool Ladies play their home games.  More information can be found at
www.liverpoolladiesfc.com<http://www.liverpoolladiesfc.com>

ENDS

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2011, 02:07:29 pm »
Undoubtedly.

I also don't buy this idea that a smaller pitch and shorter games will improve things.

What will improve things is greater investment in the game and better facilities and training.

jaygraham - I've watched countless games at a senior level and I'll tell you this - many of the women I have seen/met/trained with would literally run rings around many of the men at the equivalent level before said men can get a shot in.

Also, I can testify from personal experience that many female strikers can hit the ball just as hard as many of the men - I know that because I have been on the receiving end of shots from both genders and they bloody well hurt ;)

There is only one way for the women to play and that's on the same terms - same rules, same conditions, same everything. Just don't have the same expectations - and I don't mean that in terms of lower ones, just different ones. There is plenty about the women's game that is different and I find the vast majority of those differences to be refreshing.

*edit* - anyway, this is a thread about Liverpool Ladies FC in particular - I don't mind the occasional diversion but let's keep it on topic please - it's not a debate about the women's game v the men's game. Ta!

The aim is to promote/publicise Liverpool Ladies FC and the WSL in general - so let's focus on the team. I had another chat with the PR people today and there's some more info coming my way that I'll post in here as and when.

24/7 - ive no doubt that some women players could run rings around thier male counterparts - i went to school with a girl who played for Liverpool ladies a few years ago now. She was good and held her own in our teams - BUT the problem is, this isn't a kickabout in a park - or even a small local league. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of the game in england (The WSL).  She wouldn't probably get into the Liverpool team anymore as no doubt the standard has been raised - and your right that it needs investment and training. The players need to be professionals really. But for that to happen the womens game needs to be making more money.

I'd like a womens league to work - and its a good idea to have it in the summer. I still honestly beleive that it HAS to be different to the mens (and i don't mean Sepp Blatter style shorter shorts and tighter tops!) but for it to thrive it has to have something different to the mens game, because otherwise its always going to be compared with it. And its not a favourable comparison. You can't have a different expectation of the game if you want it to be the same as the mens version. I cant see how same rules, same conditions, same everything can = different expectation.

Going purely by my own opinion - i wouldn't bother going to watch them as it is. Ive seen womens cup finals and the womens world cup and i dont enjoy it. What they need is football fans like me to get interested and go to the grounds to watch the games. Its no good me saying they are boss on the internet then not going to watch them. They need the gate money more than the premier league does. If it were a bit different, it could be made much more exciting and entice people to go and watch.

I think the WSL is a step in the right direction. A bit of PR might help in the short term, but to stop it being regarded as a third rate version of football it needs to stop acting like it and develop.

Just my opinion. I thought about it quite a bit during the Womens World Cup.

Another thing - is having the WSL teams as Liverpool, Everton, United etc holding them back? A team like the Doncaster Belles, with no obvious tie in with a professional club must surely have more followers? Im sure I read they are the best supported womens team? Would a Mersey Ladies FC attract more followers?

*EDIT - just seen they are linked to Doncaster Rovers - scrap that then!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:13:48 pm by jaygraham »
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2011, 04:03:22 pm »
Is there automatic promotion to the WSL from the premier league,or will it be a closed shop for a couple of seasons?The WPL still plays as a winter league doesn't it?

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2011, 05:10:01 pm »
Used to work with midfielder Evans, she's alright for an Everton supporter! Won the league cup with Everton not long back and transferred over to the Red side sometime late last year

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2011, 07:25:37 pm »
jaygraham, let's agree to disagree although I think the people better qualified to respond to the points you raised would be people directly involved, so if it's okay with you I'll use your comments in part of an interview I plan to conduct with someone connected to the club. No malicious intent, just think they should respond, not I :)

About the WSL - as I understand it, it's closed for two seasons, so even if Liverpool come bottom, there's no relegation.........THIS season anyway.

As I understand it, the season is deliberately short, just 14 games, starting just as the men's season ends, hopefully acting as a bit of a magnet to supporters. Personally if I were still in the NW then I'd be going to every game and trying to get involved more than I can from behind a mac in Cornwall ;)

More news and info as it happens.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2011, 07:35:00 pm »
I saw them once against Lincoln earlier in the season.it was pretty poor really,Liverpool in particular weren't up to much to be honest,and apart from a couple of long shots that hit the bar they never really looked like scoring,which tends to have been borne out in most of their results as they have only score in a couple of games.Almost certainly they will get relegated,unless they can sign a few players.It was only 4 quid to get in and free for under 16's which was good as I took my daughter to watch it.I'll probably go again if she wants me to take her but otherwise I won't bother,I prefer to watch Skem playing when we're not.

Skem Taxi's? :)

Seriously though, ain't the intent of this thread to develop interest and help the girls improve?

I'll certainly watch them if I'm in the area at the time.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2011, 09:49:45 am »
Seriously though, ain't the intent of this thread to develop interest and help the girls improve?

I'll certainly watch them if I'm in the area at the time.
Precisely the intention, Tommy, thanks.

Bump and reminder re the Girls' Free Football Festival tomorrow, ahead of the WSL game v Bristol.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2011, 10:00:21 am »
I've watched a few ladies games and they (So far) have been terrible.

However (and this is a big however) the games from, say, 10 years ago compared to today were much, much worse. I think they have a way to go, but I can't see any real problem with them eventually getting there. Footy has to be instilled at an early age - there is a lot going on that you have to have in the back of your mind - like any sport - if you are actively thinking about it then you've already lost.

But young girls are coming through that already get it when they are 10 - I went past the Soccer Schools thing on Mather Avenue and there were plenty of girls learning their football.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:06:47 am by Andy@Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2011, 10:06:04 am »
That's pretty much it there, nail on head Andy.

Yes, there is a long way to go before England catches up with the likes of Germany, Norway, Sweden, USA and now Japan. Even Finland is light years ahead of England.

(Little-known fact.....which I hope is correct but I believe it to be.......the Finnish national men's side has never qualified for a World Cup Tournament, whereas the women have done so just about every time.)

Part of the problem has been one of perception but the women's game is catching up - fast.

Liverpool Ladies have only been under the LFC umbrella for 15 years or so - that's not even a generation - but like you say, girls are getting it earlier and attitudes are (finally) changing. Things will improve further and events like tomorrow's will help.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2011, 04:02:18 pm »
24/7 - thats fine! Im looking forward to reading it. Cheers.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2011, 04:29:31 pm »
I don't have a problem with womans football and wish them all the success they can possibly get, however I pray that the sport is never mixed gender, in my lifetime anyway
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:38:29 pm by -Willo- »

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2011, 04:33:04 pm »
(Little-known fact.....which I hope is correct but I believe it to be.......the Finnish national men's side has never qualified for a World Cup Tournament, whereas the women have done so just about every time.)
Fwiw, perhaps you're thinking Denmark, 24/7?  Finland haven't qualified for any World Cup on the women's side either.

Many thanks for starting this thread: always try to keep tabs on Liverpool Ladies every season (with more success some seasons than others).  Seeing updates on here will definitely help.

Offline Jokerman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2011, 05:16:36 pm »
Fwiw, perhaps you're thinking Denmark, 24/7?  Finland haven't qualified for any World Cup on the women's side either.

Denmark have certainly qualified for men's World Cups though!
How come Aquilani wasn't in the squad today?

Solving the drought in East Africa with his fancy flicks.

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2011, 06:21:17 pm »
Denmark have certainly qualified for men's World Cups though!
Yes they have but my response was geared towards the women's national team discussion. Am just curious which country 24/7 may be thinking of as it can't be Finland.  All of Sweden, Norway and Denmark routinely qualify for the WWC, but of course their male counterparts have qualified for the World Cup as well. 

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2011, 07:03:24 pm »
I'm certain Finland played in one a few years back cos I remember watching some of the Damallsvenskan players from Sweden-based teams play - Laura Kalmari and (Minna?) Mustonen being just two. In any case....

I'll be posting some profiles soon - maybe starting with Carly Baldwin after she supplies the match report for tomorrow v Bristol - and hopefully a brief report on how the free football event went.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2011, 09:22:13 am »
Bump - get down to Skem today if you can! http://www.liverpoolladiesfc.com/gettingToGround/2614694.html

Free Girls' Football Festival (see below) followed by a WSL match against Bristol Ladies (adults £4.50, kids free).

Match report by Carly Baldwin to follow.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2011, 09:41:31 am »
From the news page of Liverpool Ladies FC - http://www.liverpoolladiesfc.com/news.html

30 July 2011
 Match Preview: Liverpool v Bristol   
  • Celebration time height=336
   Prev Next 01 /    Liverpool Ladies manager Robbie Johnson is disappointed that his side are still without a win but feels that some of their performances have deserved at least a point.
But Johnson knows the table does not lie and is looking to change things around accordingly.

Liverpool are now four points adrift at the bottom of the table and host a Bristol Academy side who are also struggling near the foot of the new division.

Speaking about the season so far he said: "Obviously we are disappointed because we are yet to win.

"We are disappointed because we feel that some of the performances have actually warranted a far more positive outcome than what we have had so far.

"However, the league doesn't lie because it says we only have three points. What we have to do is take that on the chin and deal with it accordingly."

Johnson agrees with midfielder Katie Brusell that individual errors are costing the side, but feels that it is not just at the back where they are making mistakes.

They have failed to score in their past five games and the Liverpool manager wants his team to start taking their chances.

"We have to be more ruthless," he added. "We have gotten ourselves into shooting positions and haven't taken them.

"A lot of people tend to not be quite as critical of those situations but goals change results and the momentum of the games."

With five games remaining, Johnson has only one aim - to win all of them. And the manager insists he is not going to change his approach heading into the games.

"We will approach these games in exactly the same as we have approached the others," said Johnson.

"How we get those five wins is dealing with the games individually and taking them one at a time.

"If we, with the players that we have, focus on that then we are capable of being as competitive as anybody else in this league."

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2011, 04:02:24 pm »
Does anyone know if our football philosophy also extends to the ladies?
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2011, 05:01:11 pm »
Does anyone know if our football philosophy also extends to the ladies?
That's a hard question to answer - could you elaborate a little? Cheers!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2011, 05:13:46 pm »
Match report, courtesy of Carly Baldwin:

Liverpool 0 (0) v Bristol 2 (1)

Liverpool's forwards again failed to fire as they went down to a Jess Fishlock brace in a feisty encounter with Bristol Academy at Skelmersdale.

The Reds were unchanged from the team that lost to Everton in the Merseyside derby for the clash with their FA Cup semi-final conquerors.

Prior to the game, Robbie Johnson had called on his side to be more ruthless in front of goal, and they certainly started with some intent. Michelle Evans' powerful surge down the left-wing resulted in a corner which Evans herself swung in. Her delivery found a stooping Nicky Twohig, who directed her header just wide.

Bristol's Welsh striker Fishlock then had a goal disallowed for pushing, before Sam Chappell came within inches of giving the home side the lead.

Her cross-shot looked to be creeping over Siobhan Chamberlain until the England goalkeeper reached out a hand to turn the ball onto the post.

Her opposing number was tested minutes later, but Danielle Gibbons was equal to Ann-Marie Heatherson's header.

Evans' set pieces were proving a constant danger to the Bristol defence but it was the visitors that took the lead mid-way through the first half.

Defensive hesistancy presented the ball to Fishlock just inside the area, and when Katie Brusell attempted to win the ball back she only suceeded in tripping the dimunitive striker, who then picked herself up to slot the ball to Gibbons' right.

Fishlock could have had a second on the half hour when she fired into the side netting after Gibbons mis-judged a through ball.

The remainder of the half was a scrappy affair with Liverpool only threatening from distance. Brusell's effort on 38 minute was comfortable for Chamberlain, and, on the stroke of half time, Gemma Watson shot just over after nice play between Kelly Jones and Ruesha Littlejohn.

Half Time: Liverpool 0-1 Bristol Academy

Fishlock almost doubled her tally immediately after the re-start with a fierce volley. She made a perfect connection with a back post corner, only to see her effort cannon off the near post.

Liverpool were unable to take advantage of that good fortune as they squandered their best chance of the game moments later.

The ball fell kindly to Watson 12 yards out, but a plunging Chamberlain managed to get a strong hand on the ball to keep her side in front.

Twohig's name then went in the book when she chopped down Heatherson, and from the resulting free-kick, Bristol skipper Corinne Yorston curled just wide after a well-worked training ground routine.

Johnson made a double change mid-way through the half, but substitutes Cheryl Foster and Chloe Jones had barely had chance to settle before Fishlock netted her second to wrap up the points.

Dutch international Anouk Hoogendijk broke down the right wing before pulling back for Fishlock who finished clinically from eight yards.

Helen Bleazard, who had earlier been booked, then went close to adding a third after a powerful run and shot which struck the crossbar.

Substitute Nicki Harding provided the home side's best moment of the second half, firing just wide after a neat one-two with Littlejohn.

In truth though, Bristol always looked more dangerous and replacements Loren Dykes and Lillie Billson both went close to extending the lead before Chloe Jones was booked for a high challenge that typified Liverpool's frustration in the final minute.

Full Time: Liverpool 0-2 Bristol Academy

Carly Baldwin

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2011, 06:13:52 pm »
I don't have a problem with womans football and wish them all the success they can possibly get, however I pray that the sport is never mixed gender, in my lifetime anyway

It'll never be mixed. The difference in fitness and pace is obvious to anyone who's watched both.

I watched a fair bit of the Women's World Cup. The goalkeeping especially was awful. Even the best ones can't leap off the ground very far nor are they very tall. Women also aren't as muscular and can't keep up with men for a full 90 minutes.

The only way I'd see them integrated is in non-league sides.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2011, 11:54:35 pm »
That's a hard question to answer - could you elaborate a little? Cheers!
We've got a certain philosophy throughout the club(although it appears the first team doesn't apply it fully yet), which includes everything from Sport Science to tactical work to technical work to psycological etc.. It has been mentioned by everyone of the club's coaches, incl. Clark and the manager, but below are just a few of these quotes as well as the links to these articles:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/marsh-on-u18s-cl-and-his-debut
What do you make of the philosophy that has been installed by the likes of Frank McParland and Pep Segura?

We've got a way of playing that Pep introduced when he first arrived here. We all work to it and I'm a great believer in it. Hopefully we will continue to get success from it.

http://www.aliverpoolthing.com/2011/07/pep-segura-explains-strategy-behind.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ALiverpoolThing+%28A+Liverpool+Thing
The technical program of the Academy is based on a 4-2-3-1 system of play implemented by Rafa Benitez "although I would have preferred a 4-3-3, but England has historically used the 4-4-2 and we had to adapt." In the case of Liverpool, "using it as a key tool because our style is the passing game, where os our greatest impact".

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/showthread.php?27626-Academy-director-Frank-McParland-confident-future-is-bright-for-Liverpool-FC
“As technical director Pep teaches the coaches the way he wants the kids to work. It has worked very well. The style of play now is 4-2-3-1 and we keep the ball. We play the same way right throughout the club.

“We are building the philosophy from the Academy up until it hits the reserves. The under-16s and under-18s are both doing very well.”

My question is basically if the ladies' team are included in this system and run in the same way?
« Last Edit: August 1, 2011, 12:01:52 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 1, 2011, 07:32:47 am »
My question is basically if the ladies' team are included in this system and run in the same way?
Interesting question - I'll forward it later for you and see what reply comes. Thanks!

Did anyone reading this thread attend yesterday's game and/or free football workshop thingie?

Offline lincolnred-dad

• Kopite
« Reply #67 on: August 1, 2011, 03:48:05 pm »
August 13th - Lincoln v Liverpool - fancy doing an eyewitness match report for us? :)

i'll give it a go. what sort of thing you after?
If Tevez signs I will be the first man in history to run from Sydney to Melbourne in complete and utter nudity  :D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 1, 2011, 04:23:34 pm »
i'll give it a go. what sort of thing you after?
Lovely! Well, just write about what you see and experience. It doesn't have to be a propaganda piece, just something objective and constructive. If you're deffo going then PM me so I can put you in touch with someone else.......thanks!

Offline lincolnred-dad

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: August 2, 2011, 01:16:56 pm »
Lovely! Well, just write about what you see and experience. It doesn't have to be a propaganda piece, just something objective and constructive. If you're deffo going then PM me so I can put you in touch with someone else.......thanks!
yeah will defo go. going to take my 2 girls (3 + 7) to see it so can see what they think as well. i follow a couple of the lincoln ladies on twitter like Sue Smith so might tweet them for something. no idea what!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 2, 2011, 07:26:48 pm »
yeah will defo go....
Cheers fella - got a surprise for you in your inbox.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 2, 2011, 07:27:24 pm »
Cheers fella - got a surprise for you in your inbox.

Ooh matron!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 2, 2011, 07:28:45 pm »
Press Release - 2 August 2011
LIVERPOOL LADIES UP FOR THE CHALLENGE

Liverpool Ladies captain Vicky Jones has said that the team is ready to take on the challenge of climbing up the WSL table.
With four games remaining in the season, Liverpool Ladies are hoping to move up from the foot of the league table, starting with tomorrow’s tie against Doncaster Belles (WED 3 AUG).
Liverpool Ladies penultimate home game kicks off at 7.45pm at Skelmersdale and Ormskirk College Stadium, and the side are looking for their first league win.

Vicky Jones said: “After our last game against Bristol Academy we all sat down and discussed everything we need to do to starting winning more points, and I feel we’re definitely geared up to end our season on a positive note.

“The WSL was always going to be a big step-up for us but our performances haven’t always been reflected in the scorelines.  We’ve let ourselves down with silly mistakes, but we’re working hard to eliminate these from our game.

“We know what we need to do and that is get a win.  The team is focusing on taking all the positives from this season and the good performances we’ve put in, and we know we’re capable of taking all three points against Doncaster.”

Tickets are available at the turnstile and are £4.50 for an adult and children (accompanied by an adult) get in free.  Family tickets (2 adults and children) are priced at £8.
More information can be found at www.liverpoolladiesfc.com.

ENDS

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 3, 2011, 11:02:08 pm »
Liverpool Ladies 1 (0) v Doncaster Belles 1 (0)

Liverpool finally ended their scoring drought but were denied an elusive first win by Aine O'Gorman's late strike for Doncaster.
Nicki Harding looked like she had given the Reds a priceless first three points, but, for the third time this season, Robbie Johnson's team let a lead slip inside the final ten minutes.
Johnson made three changes to his starting eleven after Sunday's defeat to Bristol, with Beth Bailey and Chloe Jones making their first Liverpool starts in place of Michelle Evans and the suspended Nicky Twohig, and Harding coming in for Gemma Watson.
The Reds were desperate to end their seven game goal drought, and it was the Belles’ goal that was under the most threat in the early stages.
Katie Brusell, Chloe Jones, and Harding all came close within the opening minutes, but none were able to significantly trouble visiting keeper Mary Earps.
Donny's first chance came after ten minutes, and they were within inches of taking the lead when Vicky Exley just failed to connect with Kylla Sjoman's in-swinging free kick at the back post.
Kelly Jones was then next to test Earps, before her twin sister saved the Reds at the other end.
Sjoman's corner found the head of Exley and the former England midfielder's effort beat Danielle Gibbons before Vicky Jones cleared the ball from under her own crossbar.
Just after the half hour, Liverpool threatened again after great link-up play between Harding and Ruesha Littlejohn down the right flank. A one-two found Littlejohn in space on the edge of the area, but her shot curled agonisingly wide of the far post.
Harding provided another chance minutes after, skipping past two defenders before pulling the ball back to Brusell, who could only slice her effort wide.
Both keepers were then tested in the closing minutes of the half - Gibbons gathered Kasia Lipka's shot before a sprawling Earps got a hand to Harding's effort to ensure the half ended goalless.

Half Time: Liverpool 0-0 Doncaster

Two minutes into the second half, the home side broke the deadlock. Sam Chappell's cross from the right was touched on by Harding, and when Earps could only parry, harding was there to turn home the rebound.
The same player could have doubled the lead soon after. Brusell made progress down the left before cutting the ball back to Kelly Jones, who sliced her shot into Harding's path. However, the midfielder couldn't keep her first time shot down and the ball flew over the bar.
By now Liverpool were creating chances at a more prolific rate than they have done previously this season, and Littlejohn was next to go close.
Kelly Jones dispossessed Doncaster's Maria Karlsson on the halfway line before charging forward and feeding the Scottish striker who curled her shot wide.
With twenty minutes left, Johnson made a triple substitution, bringing Cheryl Foster, Gemma Watson and Michelle Evans on for Chloe Jones, Littlejohn and Harding, and two of the subs almost combined to double the lead immediately.
Foster fed Evans with a pinpoint pass, and although the midfielder managed to lift her shot over the onrushing Earps, she couldn't hit to target and the ball dribbled wide.
Liverpool were left to rue that chance on 81 minutes, when O'Gorman drilled home an angled drive to level the scores.
In an end-to-end final ten minutes, both sides could have clinched the points with Gibbons saving from Belles substitute Scott and Brusell going close at the other end.
However, the best chance fell to Exley. The midfielder was put clean through by Hamilton's pass, but could only scuff her shot, enabling Gibbons to block.
Liverpool remain winless going into the final three games of the WSL season, starting with a tough trip to Chelsea on Sunday.

Full Time: Liverpool 1-1 Doncaster

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 6, 2011, 09:41:11 pm »
  • Chloe Jones height=336
(Chloe Jones)

Liverpool Ladies midfielder Chloe Jones is confident the Reds' first victory in the Women's Super League is just around the corner

Wednesday's 1-1 draw with Doncaster was Liverpool's 11th game without a win.

"We are getting forward more and we are looking more of a threat going forward," Jones, 23, told BBC Radio Merseyside.

"The most important thing is that we stick together as a team and we will get the win by the end of the season."

Jones signed for Liverpool from Leicester in May and she believes the club's form is on the up ahead of Sunday's trip to Chelsea.  "Doncaster was one of the first games this season that we've actually had chances to take," Jones continued.

"That's one positive looking into it - we are making chances now. It's just about putting them away and being more ruthless in front of goal."

http://www.liverpoolladiesfc.com/news/win_not_far_away_chloe_jones.html

(Next game:
 Chelsea Ladies Chelsea Ladies  VS  Liverpool Liverpool  Sunday 7 August 2011 14:00

Tooting & Mitcham United

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 7, 2011, 08:56:48 pm »
CHLOE JONES WAS RIGHT!

Liverpool Ladies secured their first WSL win today, away to Chelsea, courtesy of a single goal..................by Chloe Jones :)

Hey - that rhymes with Joey Jones......

Anyway - full match report to follow, presumably when Carly Baldwin has stopped climbing the ceiling with joy ;D

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #76 on: August 7, 2011, 08:57:49 pm »
CHLOE JONES WAS RIGHT!

Liverpool Ladies secured their first WSL win today, away to Chelsea, courtesy of a single goal..................by Chloe Jones :)

Hey - that rhymes with Joey Jones......

Anyway - full match report to follow, presumably when Carly Baldwin has stopped climbing the ceiling with joy ;D

Nice one LLFC.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Pheeny

« Reply #77 on: August 8, 2011, 09:53:21 am »
we always beat Chelsea. ;)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 8, 2011, 01:53:53 pm »
Carly Baldwin is MIA, presumably still climbing the walls.......we await an update ;)

In the meantime, Sam Parker has kindly fowarded the match report:

Chelsea 0 (0) v Liverpool Ladies 1 (1)

Liverpool Ladies secured their first WSL win of the season, as they recorded a victory away to Chelsea.
Chloe Jones showed why the club signed her from Leicester, as she bagged the only goal of the game and was a constant threat to Chelsea with her dead ball deliveries.
Nicky Twohig returned from suspension to replace Beth Bailey at the heart of the defence, whilst the only other change from Wednesday’s draw with Doncaster saw Cheryl Foster replace Ruesha Littlejohn.
And it was Twohig that came closest to opening the scoring, as she met a Chloe Jones corner forcefully, only to see her header cleared off the line by Danni Buet.
However, Chelsea’s goal was soon to be breached, as Chloe Jones swung a corner into the near post, with the ball seemingly evading everyone to nestle in the net.
There were suspicions that it may have deflected of the back of Chelsea midfielder, Buet, but Jones was not to be denied her first goal in Liverpool colours and took the adulation of her team-mates.
Buet tried to make amends as she gained some space down the right-hand side, but blazed her shot over the bar, as Chelsea struggled to get a foothold in the game.
Kelly Jones was causing the Chelsea defence all sorts of problems, with her direct running always threatening a goal.
A last ditch challenge from Lara Fay was required to deny her after 27 minutes, before Kelly snatched at a loose ball from the resulting corner and saw her strike narrowly fly over the crossbar.
It took Chelsea 33 minutes to force Dani Gibbons into action, as Ashlee Hincks 25-yard shot forced the Liverpool to stopper into a fine save down low.
Buet then shot wide, as Chelsea upped the pressure going into the half-time break, with Gibbons required again to deny Helen Lander to ensure Liverpool retained their lead going into the interval.

Half-Time: Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

Liverpool regained the upper hand as the second half got underway, with Nicky Twohig unfortunate not to double the advantage, as she latched onto another fine delivery from Chloe Jones, only to find her close range effort rebound off Blues ‘keeper, Carly Telford.
The game then entered a scrappy stage, with Chelsea becoming frustrated by their inability to create chances against the team that had conceded the most goals in the division.
A Chelsea led to a goalmouth scramble, with the Blues unable to divert the ball goalwards, as the game passed the hour mark.
Cheryl Foster should have doubled the advantage on 69 minutes, as a fantastic centre from Kelly Jones found her in acres of space, only to divert the ball wide of the post.
Liverpool were in the ascendency,  as Kate Brusell forced Telford into a close range save, before Kelly Jones hit the post, with the Blues’ ‘keeper beaten.
A minute later, and Liverpool were thankful to Gibbons for keeping their advantage, as Hincks raced clear on goal. The Reds’ stopper stayed big however, deflecting the ball away with her legs.
Liverpool came back again, with Kelly Jones denied again by Telford, and Brusell seeing her long range cracker whistle past the post.
As the rain started pouring down, so did the Chelsea pressure, as they upped the tempo in the final ten minutes in search of an equaliser.
Hincks couldn’t quite wrap her foot around a loose ball, toe-poking the ball wide of the post, before Gemma Bonner missed the target with a header from a Buet free-kick after Brusell had gone into the book for a wild challenge.
Sophie Perry found Twohig in the way once again, whilst Chelsea nearly snatched an undeserved equaliser at the death through Laura Coombs, but Gibbons was on hand once again to protect her clean sheet and ensure Liverpool claimed their first three-point haul of the season.

Full Time: Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool
Sam Parker

Offline bidgeir

• Nobody knows until all of a sudden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #79 on: August 8, 2011, 08:49:46 pm »
Always glad to see Liverpool do well. Thanks for this thred as information about the ladies team is very limited