Author Topic: “Hungry for Success" - Gordon Ramsay to cater for the Reds  (Read 8862 times)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
My dad works in wholesale vegetable sales and he showed me an article in the latest edition of “The Grocer” (reproduced below) - after the fiasco over prawn sandwiches, Man Utd fans are going to have a field day with this:

”Hungry for Success – Gordon Ramsay to cater for the Reds”

Michelin three star chef Gordon Ramsay’s company (Gordon Ramsay Holdings Limited) announced today that they were in advanced talks with Liverpool Football Club over the provision of catering at the Anfield Road Football Stadium.

Ramsay, an ex-professional footballer,  said in a brief statement “I can confirm that we have been aiming to join forces with a Premier League Club for a number of months. Delia Smith paved the way at Norwich in showing that fans will eat and pay for quality food on a regular matchday basis. Fast food and stodgy fare is no longer good enough.

"And name me a restauranteur who is going to turn down the opportunity of taking charge of a restaurant that has 40,000 customers every other week, all hungry and all wanting food."

“I have been in talks with Rick Parry over a suitable menu to serve at all the outlets in the ground. We would be looking to have some sort of theme that would celebrate the great history of Liverpool – we'll be looking to release a sample menu in due course.”

“Our research has also shown that there are increasing numbers of children attending matches these days and we will include a good variety of interesting sweet foods to pander to their palate complementing our more savoury adult menu.”

"Taking into account their favourite players we have come up with a kids menu that any proud young red fan would love to eat at half time.”

Liverpool's chief executive Rick Parry wasn’t available for comment but Liverpool spokesman Ian Cotton said: "We can confirm we are in talks with Gordon Ramsay. Liverpool Footbal Club have always been interested in the highest standards of catering at Anfield."

Liverpool issued later a possible menu, stating that Ramsay would finalise the choices once the deal to take over the catering franchise had been completed.

Sample Menu: ( I kid you not…)

Savoury
Nando’s Nachos with Fernando’s Fries - a spicy classic with Ramsay's famous salsa
Scouse Pie with Fried Red Cabbage - a modern twist on a great Liverpudlian tradition
Hotshot Riise Dog - a reindeer meat sausage with a hint of ginger served in a crusty baguette
The Milan Flan – bacon, egg and spinach quiche drizzled with olive oil, a Bohemian delight
Rafa-touie – Spanish tomato and Valencian pepper sauce served with crisp bread
Hamann Egg Sandwich - classic open sandwich: Munich ham topped with a fried egg on a toasted slice of Bavarian black bread

Sweet
Gerrard Gateaux – chocolate cake with whipped cream and red cherries
Kop Cup Cakes – traditional fairy cakes, quietly splendid
You’ll Never Bake A Scone – fruit scones with butter and strawberry jam
Anny Rd Apple Tart - shortcrust pastry encasing a piquant layer of sliced Red Royal apples which dart on the tongue
Carra-mel Toffee Pudding - always does the job, the Mr Reliable of the menu
Away fan fool – A raspberry fool with whipped cream.

Ramsay hopes to have the new menu in place for the new season and promises similar dishes should any of the players move on.

“Say for instance, Gerrard isn’t here, well we’ll still make our chocolate cake but we’ll just call it something else.”

This is Ramsay’s first foray into mass catering but if it’s a success he could spread the franchise to other clubs.

“It’s a fantastic opportunity for us, and why couldn’t, and shouldn't, we improve on the nation’s half time pies? If Jamie Oliver can champion an improvement in school dinners, we can satisfy the stomachs of all Liverpool’s fans”.

It makes me weep for the old days .....

© hinesy 2005
« Last Edit: April 1, 2005, 03:02:57 am by Rushian »
Yep.

Offline Crazy-Horse

• Legacy Fan
Re: “Hungry for Success - Gordon Ramsay to cater for the Reds”
« Reply #1 on: April 1, 2005, 12:02:41 am »
Scouse Pie with Red cabbage sounds great. Finally some good food at the match instead of stale crisps and strong tea.

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 1, 2005, 12:03:22 am »
Our research has shown that there are more and more kids attending matches these days and we will include a lot more sweet foods to pander to their palate.”

in the same week jamie oliver goes to No10 to change school meals..........
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• Thinks people playing with lego shouldn't throw stones.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 1, 2005, 12:07:18 am »
ill take 2x Hotshot Riise Dogs
 please

im fucking laughing my head of at the names,

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #4 on: April 1, 2005, 12:07:57 am »

Delia Smith paved the way in showing that fans will eat and pay for quality food on a regular basis.

And in getting pissed and lairy at half-time.

“Say for instance, Gerrard isn’t here, well we’ll still make a chocolate cake, we’ll just call it something else.”

Does he know something we don't....  :P

Offline billy-b

• Gullible
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: April 1, 2005, 12:09:49 am »
well our club has allways been innovative in the foodie stakes.ala McNasty's.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #6 on: April 1, 2005, 12:10:36 am »
Namby pamby nonsense.

Next, they'll be stopping us pissing through a rolled up copy of the Echo.

:no

Bring back the birch!
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: April 1, 2005, 12:25:05 am »
No Biscan biscuits  ???

Offline Giblet

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: April 1, 2005, 12:42:28 am »
Shame Barry Venison isn't here any more.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: “Hungry for Success" - Gordon Ramsay to cater for the Reds
« Reply #9 on: April 1, 2005, 07:06:19 am »
I'm sure that this is a recycled April Fool's Joke from somewhere, but can't remember when.

Or did I spoil it?  :-\
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: April 1, 2005, 08:34:21 am »
I think it's pretty clear that this is an April Fool.

The fact that Hinesy could only wait 2 minutes into the day gives it away a bit.

10/10 for effort though, had me going for a bit!!

;D ;D

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #11 on: April 1, 2005, 09:07:44 am »
 ;D    ;)
Internet terrorist

Offline rhubarbos

• Main Stander
  • T.W.A.T, T.W.A.T, Red and White Army
« Reply #12 on: April 1, 2005, 09:17:21 am »
happy april fools too  :P

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #13 on: April 1, 2005, 09:32:28 am »
I'm not having this.  Everyone knows my footie themed hampers are a runaway success, and if Gordon sodding Ramsey thinks he's moving into my territory he can think again.

I mean, for instance, who would argue with my individual attention to Hinesy's balls for instance?  I bet you wouldn't catch Gordon bloody Ramsey rolling them individually between his palms like I do.  And poor Jocasta slaves away hand raising for my gentlemen - not an easy task I do assure you.  And its well known that I only work with the finest meat. 

I'm getting in touch with my lawyers right away.  Let's see how Gordon frigging Ramsey likes Soo, Grabbit and Runne on his arse.  :no
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Not worthy

• Anny Roader
  • Raaj Carragher Khalsa
« Reply #14 on: April 1, 2005, 10:12:32 am »
Blimey, thats stuff will give you  Diouf diorriah 

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #15 on: April 1, 2005, 10:15:24 am »
I'm getting in touch with my lawyers right away.  Let's see how Gordon frigging Ramsey likes Soo, Grabbit and Runne on his arse.  :no

Are they any good Mag?
I've been using Dewey, Cheatham and Howe but with limited success.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 1, 2005, 10:24:52 am »
I'm not having this.  Everyone knows my footie themed hampers are a runaway success, and if Gordon sodding Ramsey thinks he's moving into my territory he can think again.

I mean, for instance, who would argue with my individual attention to Hinesy's balls for instance?  I bet you wouldn't catch Gordon bloody Ramsey rolling them individually between his palms like I do.  And poor Jocasta slaves away hand raising for my gentlemen - not an easy task I do assure you.  And its well known that I only work with the finest meat. 

ha ha ;D ;D ;D
Yep.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 1, 2005, 10:33:52 am »
They're the best Hoody - never known to fail.

Mr Hinesy petal.  I don't know what you're Hah ha-ing about.  You've often commented on how my hand rolling of your balls has never been equalled.  And poor Jocasta is broken hearted.  Weeping even.  You know how she insists on her gentlemen's meat being well hung.  This is awful, just awful......

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #18 on: April 1, 2005, 10:57:15 am »
April fool or not....Ramsay?! Fucking disgrace...

KEEP FOOD SCOUSE...no I'm only joking. Cracking.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 1, 2005, 11:16:05 am »
How apposite you should mention scouse Porterjoh.  I've just come off the phone to Arabella who, as is well known for those who enjoy my themed footy hampers, famous for her scouse.  She has this arrangement with Rick whereby they meet in an executive kitchen and he warms up her stuff at half time.  Apparently he's really "hands on".  I can't see Gordon twatting Ramsey besting that - hah!!!!

Offline Red Shaolin Monk

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC European Champions 2005
« Reply #20 on: April 1, 2005, 11:20:20 am »
April 1, 2005, 11:19:51 AM
"You have too see a football team as a machine made up of eleven working parts." Rinus Michels

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 1, 2005, 11:24:24 am »
Oh Hi Red Shaolin Monk sweetie.  We also offer a sushi option (or whatever it is you people eat - contact Mai Yung Fang for that kind of stuff). 

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 1, 2005, 11:24:46 am »
 ;D

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #23 on: April 1, 2005, 12:58:25 pm »

I've been using Dewey, Cheatham and Howe

you've been watching the same tv programmes as me... ;)
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 1, 2005, 01:37:21 pm »
 :lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 1, 2005, 05:18:25 pm »
I take back what I said in the other thread.

Maggie May has now officially killed my inner child. I not only have a void where my innocence was, it's now filled with HORRIBLE THOUGHTS AND STUFF.

I'm telling my mummy.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline spam337

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: April 1, 2005, 08:41:02 pm »
Catering Currently being run by another Celeb chef at the moment Paul Heathcote.
He calls it Heathcotes at Anfield. Those of you who live in Liverpool may know his restaurant in town Heathcotes.

Compass catering are the holding group, who are therefore owned by Granada as we know has a 10% interest in the club. Compass catering contract expires in September so this story will defo have fondations to it

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 1, 2005, 10:21:17 pm »
I'm confused  ??? ???
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 1, 2005, 10:48:58 pm »
I take back what I said in the other thread.

Maggie May has now officially killed my inner child. I not only have a void where my innocence was, it's now filled with HORRIBLE THOUGHTS AND STUFF.

I'm telling my mummy.

Yeah.   I tend to do that a lot.  Sorry mate - nothing personal.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 2, 2005, 04:44:33 am »
Yeah.   I tend to do that a lot.  Sorry mate - nothing personal.

I beg to differ, it was VERY personal!  :P

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 2, 2005, 03:41:22 pm »
Awwwww.   I'm sorry.....  :'( :sad

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 2, 2005, 07:38:43 pm »
Awwwww.   I'm sorry.....  :'( :sad

Aw, that's okay. Don't be sad.

Look, we won! And Newcastle look a bit stupid... ;D

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 3, 2005, 07:51:21 am »
Cheers matey  :wave

There's happiness everywhere if you care to look for it isn't there?  Can I interest you in one of my footie themed hampers by any chance?  ;D

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 3, 2005, 07:53:45 am »
Cheers matey  :wave

There's happiness everywhere if you care to look for it isn't there?  Can I interest you in one of my footie themed hampers by any chance?  ;D

It depends, are you skilled with balls?

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 3, 2005, 08:04:45 am »
Oh indeed I am - very skilled.  I perform wonders with Hinesy's balls - individually rolleing them between my palms until they resemble perfect spheres (see above), and then coated in molton chocolate and then decorated to suit the appropriate occasion.  I could do the same for you if you like - nothing is too much trouble for the pleasure of my boys.  ;D

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 3, 2005, 08:06:26 am »
Oh indeed I am - very skilled.  I perform wonders with Hinesy's balls - individually rolleing them between my palms until they resemble perfect spheres (see above), and then coated in molton chocolate and then decorated to suit the appropriate occasion.  I could do the same for you if you like - nothing is too much trouble for the pleasure of my boys.  ;D

Ah, I'm afraid that'll be a problem. Y'see, I'm a man (rawr!). So unless you can provide the same service but for an adult...it's a sticky situation, y'see.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 3, 2005, 08:15:20 am »
"Boys" was a somewhat loose expression and intended to refer to males of all ages.  But yes, man sized balls are a speciality of mine.  Oh, and did I mention Jocasta's hand raising skills?  She's won awards for them.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 3, 2005, 08:25:53 am »
"Boys" was a somewhat loose expression and intended to refer to males of all ages.  But yes, man sized balls are a speciality of mine.  Oh, and did I mention Jocasta's hand raising skills?  She's won awards for them.

Who's Jocasta? And are you both available for catering?

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 3, 2005, 08:35:27 am »
Jocasta is my Assistant.  Did I mention that she insists on her gentlemens' meat to be of the finest quality and very well hung?  And oh yes, while we do have our individual skills, we do double up to suit our gentlemens' requirements, no matter how unusual those requirements may be.  Our aim is their total and absolute satisfaction, and we have never been known to fail.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 3, 2005, 08:39:03 am »
*whistles*  ::)
« Last Edit: April 3, 2005, 09:16:39 am by SMD »