Author Topic: Europa League Final UEFA & now LFC Ticket Ballot  (Read 98770 times)

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Europa League Final UEFA & now LFC Ticket Ballot
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:07:39 pm »
Anyone going to give this a go?
« Last Edit: May 8, 2016, 09:01:02 pm by Alan_X »

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
Re: Europa League Final Ticket Ballot
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 08:40:25 pm »
Yeah I usually do and I no excepted this year.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 09:07:10 am »
Me and my mate are going to apply. They want both passport numbers though. What's the score if one of you can't go surely UEFA will let you change the other ticket?

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 09:08:25 am »
Me and my mate are going to apply. They want both passport numbers though. What's the score if one of you can't go surely UEFA will let you change the other ticket?

I did mine last night. Apparently no changes can be made after March 21st

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 09:10:18 am »
I did mine last night. Apparently no changes can be made after March 21st

Yeah but surely UEFA have something in place for a refund or swapping names on tickets if the other can't go.

Just asking if anyone had experience with them before?

Offline Matze_LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We go again!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 10:04:39 am »
no experience but I think I read somewhere there will be a option to put tickets on sale on their site because it will give a additional sale similar to our version

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 10:08:55 am »
Yeah but surely UEFA have something in place for a refund or swapping names on tickets if the other can't go.

Just asking if anyone had experience with them before?

Same as always. They won't be checking passports etc... on entry at the ground.

I think it might be to prevent multiple applications.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 10:23:42 am »

Never ever been checked for ID, and been to 3 world cups and 2 European championships.
And those tickets are supposed to be personnel as well with name and passport number.

UEFA or for the part FIFA don't have access to anything that can confirm if you even enter a valid passport number or not.
It probably says in the T&C's that if incorrect details are entered UEFA can void the application, but that's it.

If I have two passports I usually just make up the guests and there "passport number" and enter two applications instead.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 02:37:20 pm »
Same as always. They won't be checking passports etc... on entry at the ground.

I think it might be to prevent multiple applications.

That makes a lot of sense cheers.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 02:39:21 pm »
Never ever been checked for ID, and been to 3 world cups and 2 European championships.
And those tickets are supposed to be personnel as well with name and passport number.

UEFA or for the part FIFA don't have access to anything that can confirm if you even enter a valid passport number or not.
It probably says in the T&C's that if incorrect details are entered UEFA can void the application, but that's it.

If I have two passports I usually just make up the guests and there "passport number" and enter two applications instead.

Just thinking of Euro16 tickets for example, one person has a log in and can then get 4 tickets for a match without having to put any info in for the other 3 tickets.

So I'm not sure why you can get so many tickets for an international game freely, but when wanting club tickets they need all the info?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 02:41:05 pm by RMG »

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 07:43:26 pm »
Just thinking of Euro16 tickets for example, one person has a log in and can then get 4 tickets for a match without having to put any info in for the other 3 tickets.

So I'm not sure why you can get so many tickets for an international game freely, but when wanting club tickets they need all the info?

Yeah  know, we bought loads of ticket in the portal and all you need is one qualifying identity to buy up to 4 tickets.

But for the follow your team option every ticket needs to have one applicant.

But like I said, never ever even seen someone getting stopped for inspection of the name in the tickets.
We even picked up dups in Brazil for tickets in my girlfriends and her father's name..

Offline tectronicltd

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 11:15:05 pm »
I got some in the ballot in 2010 when Atletico madrid put us out in the semi. Sold them onto a Fulham fan for the final and never heard back of any problems from him. I was thinking of doing it this year given the Basil small capacity. I've got a ST with all games except Sion and good away credits but that one I missed worries me if we did make it there. Do you think it would go on all homes?

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 11:39:08 pm »
I got some in the ballot in 2010 when Atletico madrid put us out in the semi. Sold them onto a Fulham fan for the final and never heard back of any problems from him. I was thinking of doing it this year given the Basil small capacity. I've got a ST with all games except Sion and good away credits but that one I missed worries me if we did make it there. Do you think it would go on all homes?
Nope anyone with all homes + 1 away would be fine however many games that is? 8 is it?

If so anyone with 8+ will be fine no matter which 8 they are

Offline tectronicltd

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 11:42:19 pm »
I cocked up not ticking auto cup for Europa and missed the 1st one Sion. Got plenty of aways but fear that. I'd better get registered in that ballot

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 08:17:01 pm »
Nope anyone with all homes + 1 away would be fine however many games that is? 8 is it?

If so anyone with 8+ will be fine no matter which 8 they are
we only get around 9k (so i've been told) tickets for the final they will start selling to just those of us with aways surely
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 08:21:04 pm by KOTP »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 08:23:31 pm »
we only get around 9k (so i've been told) tickets for the final they will start selling to just those of us with aways surely

No it would be total games. All have equal value. All homes plus 1 away would be guaranteed a final ticket.

Think that's 8 games total. Mother of all ballots for those on 7 games.

Long way to go anyway!!

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 08:26:33 pm »
No it would be total games. All have equal value. All homes plus 1 away would be guaranteed a final ticket.

Think that's 8 games total. Mother of all ballots for those on 7 games.

Long way to go anyway!!
to be honest think thats a piss take on some of the lads who go all over europe that i know but aint been to all home games if it doesnt affect me as i've got all homes and most aways, but think those of us that have been arsed to go around europe in earlier rounds should get first shout then ballot to all homes

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 08:28:33 pm »
to be honest think thats a piss take on some of the lads who go all over europe that i know but aint been to all home games if it doesnt affect me as i've got all homes and most aways, but think those of us that have been arsed to go around europe in earlier rounds should get first shout then ballot to all homes

Pros and cons I guess but that's how it's been done before and would expect it to be the same again if issue arose

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 09:20:31 pm »
Totally forgot this and didn't apply  :butt

But I got lucky and a got a pair for the CL final, I'll wait and once its confirmed it'll be Barca v Real in the final I sell the pair for £5k and get myself one for the EL if we make it  ;D

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 09:58:45 pm »

Totally forgot this and didn't apply  :butt

But I got lucky and a got a pair for the CL final, I'll wait and once its confirmed it'll be Barca v Real in the final I sell the pair for £5k and get myself one for the EL if we make it  ;D
:lmao
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 02:37:07 pm »
Yeah  know, we bought loads of ticket in the portal and all you need is one qualifying identity to buy up to 4 tickets.

But for the follow your team option every ticket needs to have one applicant.

But like I said, never ever even seen someone getting stopped for inspection of the name in the tickets.
We even picked up dups in Brazil for tickets in my girlfriends and her father's name..

you might have been lucky, but i was at the Europa final last year in Poland and the guards were checking Id. One of my mates had to go back to his hotel to get his passport. 

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 02:54:20 pm »
Did those who applied in the ballot have a choice of any of the four categories? 

I was hoping the cheapest ones behind the goals (category 4) would be allocated to the teams in the final.

Not that I'm counting any chickens like.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 03:03:11 pm »

Can't remember how we sold Istanbul in 2005 or Dortmund in 2001.  In Athens they were sold on any 7, so it could be all homes plus one away, all aways plus 1 home, 4 homes and 3 aways or whatever.

Of course, there's no guarantee that it wont change but considering we do it the same way for domestic finals I reckon it'll be the same.

Might not need 7, or 8 as it would be in the Europa.  Much smaller allocation but might be balanced out by no where near as many people with all the homes as 2007.

I doubt there'd be many who went to every away without at least one home.

'kinell, now I'm speculating on the selling criteria for a final that we probably won't get to.  I'll stop.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 03:05:00 pm »
Did those who applied in the ballot have a choice of any of the four categories? 

I was hoping the cheapest ones behind the goals (category 4) would be allocated to the teams in the final.

Not that I'm counting any chickens like.
Yes, had a choice of four categories. I still think they will put the majority of each teams allocation behind the goal though

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 03:20:31 pm »
Yes, had a choice of four categories. I still think they will put the majority of each teams allocation behind the goal though

Bit unfair that I reckon, category 4 looks small (just very front and back of ends behind the goal) and at 36 quid ish is good for a European final.

Should have kept those back for the clubs. 

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 03:43:24 pm »
Bit unfair that I reckon, category 4 looks small (just very front and back of ends behind the goal) and at 36 quid ish is good for a European final.

Yeh I agree mate, I'm sure I read somewhere that each team only gets 9000 each! I reckon it's safe to assume that most of the tickets given to sponsors/partners are going to be in the main stand with 3 tiers. IF we got to the final I think a lot of the tickets sold in the uefa ballot would end up in the hands of reds one way or another anyway.

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 04:40:45 pm »

no way would UEFA keep the cheap tickets for fans of the clubs they know with clubs only getting 9000 tickets they can rip us off with the more expensive ones as fans of the two clubs will travel

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 07:26:04 pm »
you might have been lucky, but i was at the Europa final last year in Poland and the guards were checking Id. One of my mates had to go back to his hotel to get his passport.

I'd rather say you got unlucky.
Attended 14 matches in Brazil, 8 in Ukraine, 2 in Austria and 2 in Germany.

Never asked once or heard of anyone else asked for even there name.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: April 4, 2016, 08:18:59 pm »
Anyone else enter into the ballot? I've had £131 taken out of my bank today so rang the bank up to check what for and was told its for Europa league final! So I'm guessing I've been successful! Not had an email though

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 4, 2016, 08:32:53 pm »
Anyone else enter into the ballot? I've had £131 taken out of my bank today so rang the bank up to check what for and was told its for Europa league final! So I'm guessing I've been successful! Not had an email though
Nice one. Payments and emails will all be done by April 8th. What category is that, 3?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #30 on: April 4, 2016, 08:36:34 pm »

Nice one - nothing from my bank so I guess I didn't get one. Ah well...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #31 on: April 4, 2016, 08:50:03 pm »
Nice one. Payments and emails will all be done by April 8th. What category is that, 3?
Yes, category 3 in the corner. They might not process all of them at once so might still be hope for people! If we get past Dortmund flights are getting booked
« Last Edit: April 4, 2016, 09:56:43 pm by Sooty89!!! »

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 4, 2016, 09:39:35 pm »
Yes, category 3 in the corner IIRC. They might not process all of them at once so might still be hope for people! If we get past Dortmund flights are getting booked
I applied for category 2 but said I would take 1 or 3 as well. Fingers crossed.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #33 on: April 5, 2016, 02:59:48 am »
I applied Cat 2 but nothing taken from my account

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #34 on: April 5, 2016, 01:54:46 pm »
Just had an email saying I was successful. Wasn't expecting that.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #35 on: April 5, 2016, 02:19:28 pm »
Just had an email saying I was successful. Wasn't expecting that.
Same here, money taken out yesterday and had the email today

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #36 on: April 5, 2016, 03:03:47 pm »
yeah ive had money taken and an email saying ive got 2 for £131. think the clubs only get around 7000 tickets per finalist. which is a joke but so is using a 36k stadium for a final

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #37 on: April 5, 2016, 04:28:38 pm »
yeah ive had money taken and an email saying ive got 2 for £131. think the clubs only get around 7000 tickets per finalist. which is a joke but so is using a 36k stadium for a final
9000 to each club, 9000 in the UEFA ballot and the rest for partners/sponsors

Offline devilfysh

• Main Stander
« Reply #38 on: April 5, 2016, 08:04:26 pm »
Had the email today saying i was successful. Can print my own tickets out on the 10th May!!

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 5, 2016, 08:05:42 pm »
Unsuccessful. Went for category 4 though. Glad really as I couldn't really afford it.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★