Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923286 times)

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Newcastle United thread - now with added Benitez
« Reply #9240 on: April 26, 2017, 04:07:24 pm »
I wonder where Ashley was the other night when he was AWOL from the match by the way?
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #9241 on: April 26, 2017, 04:10:13 pm »

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #9242 on: April 26, 2017, 04:29:51 pm »
Paul,

Even if you get a 10 point deduction, even if players won't want to come because of the threat of relegation, if there is one manager who can galvanize the squad it's Rafa.

He may need to prioritize the League and forgo the Cups in order to overcome a point deduction. But if anyone can keep you up it would be Rafa.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9243 on: April 26, 2017, 04:56:04 pm »
This game we love ...

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9244 on: April 26, 2017, 05:09:41 pm »
Paul,

Even if you get a 10 point deduction, even if players won't want to come because of the threat of relegation, if there is one manager who can galvanize the squad it's Rafa.

He may need to prioritize the League and forgo the Cups in order to overcome a point deduction. But if anyone can keep you up it would be Rafa.
I absolutely adore the man, along with just about every person on Tyneside and beyond.

I am really fearful that we are going to lose him now thanks to Fat Mike and his cronies.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9245 on: April 26, 2017, 05:21:02 pm »
This game we love ...

You want to try being born on Tyneside and supporting Newcastle United, as my Dad has for 60 years, home, away and all over Europe.

This fat cockney c*nt, you know, the one who decided on a whim to rename St James' Park to "The Flabby Arse Shithouse Arena" . . . he is a cancer, he is absolutely rotten to the core.

I appeal to all of you, please, do not go to Sports Direct, do not give this pig as much as a Penny piece of your money.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9246 on: April 26, 2017, 06:20:10 pm »
Fuck sake.
bollocks

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9248 on: April 26, 2017, 06:59:21 pm »
I wonder where Ashley was the other night when he was AWOL from the match by the way?
I was hoping he was bottom of the tyne wearing a concrete overcoat.  He still might be saying as the pot bellied shithouse is nowhere to be seen.

Calling Fat Mike, calling Fat Mike, come out come out wherever you are.    :)

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9249 on: April 26, 2017, 06:59:21 pm »
I'm sad for the Newcastle fans because I can't see Rafa going through this kind of ownership shite again.  It's a no win for him, and he's just enhanced his reputation. At least he won't be leaving for West Ham.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9250 on: April 26, 2017, 07:02:46 pm »
The French authorities have been involved.

Seems to be suspicion of hiding payments that may have been liable for tax.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9251 on: April 26, 2017, 07:07:11 pm »
When Rafa quits over this, does that mean we can stop pretending we care about Newcastle?
How about you stop pretending right now and doo one!

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9252 on: April 26, 2017, 07:10:47 pm »
He's had this to say about tomorrow's Boro vs Sunderland game.

The man is an absolute simpleton.

That Merson quote makes me think he'd be an absolute shoe-in next time the manager's job at Everton becomes available.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #9253 on: April 26, 2017, 07:29:41 pm »
Well Newcastle fans will not find a better general to go to war with the board and owners.

Offline Toon-Mick

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9254 on: April 26, 2017, 07:34:27 pm »
Today's news may turn out to be nothing.

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/857285113574547456

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9255 on: April 26, 2017, 08:10:14 pm »
Thought some more and everything just seems right - here's some potential news headlines:-

EVERTON GET THEIR MAN BY THE MERS-EY
Everton sign legendary pundit
"I've got the bottle for this job"
[Insert leaning photo of Paul Merson at hospitality bar]

MERSE - MOSHI WANTS ME TO GAMBLE
Merson prepared to risk everything again despite past addiction as Moshiri pulls squad funds after half-season tickets sell-out.
"Boss wants me look to the January window so we've signed Hibbert and Neville to do a job until then - I'm happy to go all-in with these two owth-standin players"

WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING FOR EVERTON
Blues struggle as manager can't see past Mers-ey haze against Liverpool.
"Well, it's not three points but the lads have put in some effort today.  For a while we were getting a point today and if it hadn't been for them scoring in the 2nd, 15th, 48th, 69th and 88th minutes we'd have that point so it feels like we've gained - yeah, it's like a win really.  If we'd scored our chance in injury time where Barks hit the bar I reckon they'd have been ours for the taking - did someone mention a bar?  Could you pass that pint please?"

EVERTON FANS BEG FOR MERS-EY AS RELEGATION BECKONS
Everton fans take the unprecedented step of booing their team for the full 95 minutes during their January fixture against Brighton - the team is already 18 points adrift at the foot of the table.
"Well, Mr Moshiri has paid half the rent so there's no money left to bring players in during the window - due to defaulting on payments the council has evicted us from any half of the pitch we're entitled to so whilst Brighton have been running around on the grass at Bramley Moore we're stuck on this pontoon that Bill donated from an old studio prop - thing is it only carries 14 and we haven't got room for passengers on this team.  Young Nev there has had to put in a hell of a shift on the (water) wings but the whole team is literally swimming in shit since we've moved here.  Heh, wouldn't be Everton if there wasn't some little drama would it?  Better that than having all the inconvenience of travelling around Europe like the Redshite!!  Oh, and let it be said that since we've been here at Bramley Moore there has not been a moment that I look across and see their stand and haven't thought to myself there's a constant stench around here - ya know, it must be the smell of them redshites"
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9256 on: April 26, 2017, 09:47:00 pm »
I was hoping he was bottom of the tyne wearing a concrete overcoat.  He still might be saying as the pot bellied shithouse is nowhere to be seen.

Calling Fat Mike, calling Fat Mike, come out come out wherever you are.    :)

Maybe he's been nicked. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #9257 on: April 26, 2017, 10:24:28 pm »
Have I, or have I not been telling you's for years what a shower of c*nts they are at Newcastle United, huh.

Lee Charnley, I mean, just exactly who is this dickhead?  Before getting the Managing Directors job here at St James' nobody had even heard of him.

Being such an honourable and decent man I wouldn't blame Rafa if he told these c*nts to shove it up their arse.  He has his reputation to think of, why exactly would he want to be associated with these fucking imbeciles?

The day after being promoted to the Premier as well . . . . . as usual Ashley you have played a fucking blinder, you fat useless sack of shit.
That should be on his gravestone  :wanker

Fkin 'ell lads, I really feel sorry for yous to be in this position  :(
Should be a time of unbridled, ecstatic fkin joy; but instead it's a time of worry about the future... again  >:(
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9258 on: April 26, 2017, 10:59:19 pm »
Really great analysis, thanks for that (puts my to shame)!
What are your thoughts on his time at Madrid?
I put him together with Mourinho not just from a tactical perspective, but especially from the types of qualities or attributes that they expect (or don't require) from their players. Other managers can build a strong machine from a team filled with talented players, Benitez seems to need players that specifically tailor fit his own model, and the definition seems far more rigid as a consequence, both in technical qualities and especially in mentality. Like Mourinho, talented players that stick to the blueprint are highly valued, flair players that tend to break the script are obsolete. He needs exactly Player X, Y, and Z, else his vision doesn't reach fruition. What club today has the resources to purchase those said players, and how many would be willing to bequeath their whole structure to his control?

Maybe his tactics aren't as outdated as you mentioned, but his need for control on and off the pitch are somewhat dated in this era.
I can't see him making a suitable compromise. He really did have it perfect with us, sadly the takeover marked the beginning of the end rather than a new beginning.

Edit: just read newross' comments that echoed similar sentiments ;D

Sorry for the late reply, just saw the q about Madrid.

I think Madrid wasn't complicated, he never managed to get the players to buy into his methods, summed up by Ramos pointedly saying to the press after a game they wanted to stay up the pitch after taking the lead while Benitez wanted variation, wanted them to drop deeper at times to invite an opponent on to hit them on the counter.

It was the right decision from the Madrid board to let him go. He needs a group of players prepared to work, willing to learn to win in various ways, sometimes with possession, sometimes on the counter. The mentality of English players and a club like Newcastle that is essentially a blank canvas to paint on, suits him perfectly.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9259 on: April 27, 2017, 12:54:43 am »
Is a points deduction on the cards?

Given that Newcastle are not facing any insolvency action, I would assume it would be unlikely that they would receive a points deduction.  However, the Football League's rules do not apparently specify as to what course of action should take place if a club engaged in financial irregularities were to be promoted out of the league.

The English clubs in the past who have been demoted or docked points appear to be the following:

1989/90 - Swindon (denied a place in Division One after winning promotion via the playoff for thirty-six charges of financial irregularities largely involving tax fraud. Originally demoted two divisions, later changed to one)
2001/01 - Chesterfield (docked nine points for underreporting gate receipts)
2002/03 - Boston United (docked four points for contractual irregularities with details and salaries not matching the contracts)
2007/08 - Leeds (docked fifteen points for failing to meet the Football League's rules re: insolvency by trying to exit administration without a CVA)
2009/10 - Portsmouth (docked nine points for entering administration)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9260 on: April 27, 2017, 01:55:41 am »

HMRC under pressure to produce results of its football tax fraud investigation

HMRC will know its incursions into football must produce results if it is not be accused of ignoring bigger targets in its sights

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/26/hmrc-pressure-football-tax-fraud-investigation-newcastle-west-ham

by David Conn - as with most articles by him, it's well worth a read...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #9261 on: April 27, 2017, 01:10:16 pm »
Given that Newcastle are not facing any insolvency action, I would assume it would be unlikely that they would receive a points deduction.  However, the Football League's rules do not apparently specify as to what course of action should take place if a club engaged in financial irregularities were to be promoted out of the league.

If they've been paying players outside of what is in their contracts (as is alleged) then that would make said players' registration invalid and make them ineligible to play. For a single player in a single match, that's a 3 point penalty. It's incidentally the same thing the Scottish football authorities found Rangers guilty of - bizarrely, however, they were just fined for it as the independent commission decided that they hadn't had a sporting advantage from doing it. Swindon is another good example of what happens when it goes beyond one player (think they admitted to over 30 such payments).
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9262 on: April 27, 2017, 01:43:16 pm »
If they've been paying players outside of what is in their contracts (as is alleged) then that would make said players' registration invalid and make them ineligible to play. For a single player in a single match, that's a 3 point penalty. It's incidentally the same thing the Scottish football authorities found Rangers guilty of - bizarrely, however, they were just fined for it as the independent commission decided that they hadn't had a sporting advantage from doing it. Swindon is another good example of what happens when it goes beyond one player (think they admitted to over 30 such payments).

As in they've been giving players a 'lower' wage and then topping it up with cash in hand type bonuses?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #9263 on: April 27, 2017, 04:42:15 pm »
As in they've been giving players a 'lower' wage and then topping it up with cash in hand type bonuses?

Yeah. Rangers were doing it via 'loans' (which obviously weren't meant to be repaid). No tax for the player, no taxes for the club. Profit. HMRC warned clubs about that kind of stuff a while back, and some quietly settled outstanding tax rather than mess about, so no surprises to find this investigation began at least as far back as July 2016.

The French Prosecutor's office says 10 searches were carried out in France and four people were placed in police custody.

"The British authorities suspect secret payments may have been made to benefit certain players, their agents or third parties, allowing them to avoid paying tax on the income, or making social security payments," said a statement from the French Prosecutor's office.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39729853

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9264 on: April 27, 2017, 04:44:16 pm »
Ex-Newcastle winger Sylvain Marveaux is one of four people arrested in a tax fraud investigation by HMRC http://bit.ly/2pCXuF1

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9265 on: April 27, 2017, 05:40:25 pm »
Ex-Newcastle winger Sylvain Marveaux is one of four people arrested in a tax fraud investigation by HMRC http://bit.ly/2pCXuF1

Didn't we almost sign him before he joined Newcastle?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9266 on: April 27, 2017, 05:44:04 pm »
Yep. I think he was scheduled for  medical with us.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9267 on: April 28, 2017, 10:30:18 am »

Yep. I forgot to add a key word to the points deduction (immediate). It will be interesting to see if anything pans out from this. I read an article the other day (might have been Conn's) that suggested HMRC would do well to learn from their investigations into Redknapp and Mandaric which didn't end up amounting to much.

Didn't we almost sign him before he joined Newcastle?

Yeah, he allegedly failed a medical, which he denied. He claimed he couldn't agree terms. Cue epic meltdowns by some in the transfer forums that he was joining Newcastle. He only made 38 PL appearances for Newcastle in three years.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #9268 on: April 28, 2017, 03:46:31 pm »
Would like to see Newcastle win again tonight and maybe put a little bit of pressure on Brighton for their game tomorrow. It's a long shot but who knows, Brighton might already be on the beach and Bristol City still technically need a point to guarantee survival.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9269 on: April 28, 2017, 05:33:27 pm »

Cardiff City v Newcastle United, tonight 7.45pm ko live in SS1.

some streams here - https://soccerstreams.net/streams/6151/cardiff-city-989_vs_newcastle-united-996

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/england/championship/

forgot that twat Warnock 'manages' Cardiff - should be an interesting game...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 06:33:50 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #9270 on: April 28, 2017, 08:44:07 pm »
Like watching paint dry that first half  ::)

How can Atsu be their go to man for free kicks? He's been dreadful. Quite impressed by Colback to be fair, apart from his final ball.

They need Jonjo on early second half, a bit of quality for the Barcodes and a Pantomime villian for the Bluebirds.

Oh and Warnock was, is and always will be, a total bellwhiff.  :wave

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9271 on: April 28, 2017, 09:01:29 pm »
Poster's curse  ;D

Cardiff 0 Newcastle 1 (Atsu)

Fucking belter it was too  :P

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9272 on: April 28, 2017, 09:03:04 pm »
How can Atsu be their go to man for free kicks? He's been dreadful.

Well I'm glad that didn't come back and bite you in the arse. XD

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9273 on: April 28, 2017, 09:07:15 pm »
Well I'm glad that didn't come back and bite you in the arse. XD

On reflection, I'd better stick to the day job  :P

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9274 on: April 28, 2017, 09:09:34 pm »
Fuck off Warnock  :wave

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9275 on: April 28, 2017, 09:27:48 pm »
Unlucky Griphook you bitter arl c*nt
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #9276 on: April 28, 2017, 09:39:50 pm »
Get fucked Colin :wave
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9277 on: April 28, 2017, 09:43:44 pm »
Unlucky Griphook you bitter arl c*nt

Just googled this hahahahaha that's fucking great. It's a great insult on its own.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9278 on: April 28, 2017, 09:50:32 pm »
Nice to see a content Rafa being interviewed.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #9279 on: April 28, 2017, 09:56:41 pm »
Just googled this hahahahaha that's fucking great. It's a great insult on its own.

It's an insult to Griphook.
You try me once you beg for more.