Author Topic: r/LiverpoolFC AMA with Anfield site supervisor  (Read 9768 times)

Offline markschema

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
r/LiverpoolFC AMA with Anfield site supervisor
« on: September 3, 2014, 07:17:43 am »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: r/LiverpoolFC AMA with Anfield site supervisor
« Reply #1 on: September 3, 2014, 07:32:57 am »
Claiming there that construction on the main stand will start in July and be completed by the end of September or the start of November at the very latest.

Says that much will be fabricated off site which is why it's so quick.

However, that seems absurdly fast doesn't it?

Should hear on planning in 21 days
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: September 3, 2014, 08:54:10 am »
Something doesn't ring true about this for some reason. Just something about some of the answers and info given out.

Edit - she keeps saying 'our' designs, and how 'they' mocked up ideas for the club - but correct me if I'm wrong Carillion had nothing to do with this stage and were brought in later as the contractor?

Also some dubious answers with regards to length of time to build, foundations already being in place (erm... how when the houses were there until a couple of weeks ago?) and mentioning some parts of the interior are being 'left alone' but the designs don't really show this).

Edit 2 - I've put in an email to the media office at Carillion to try and get confirmation if this is real.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2014, 09:10:25 am by just Craig? »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 3, 2014, 10:54:25 am »
She gives her email address in there somewhere, contact her directly.

It seems an odd time frame.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: September 3, 2014, 10:55:11 am »
She gives her email address in there somewhere, contact her directly.

It seems an odd time frame.

She says she has one, she doesn't give it. From what I saw anyway.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 3, 2014, 01:25:49 pm »
She says she has one, she doesn't give it. From what I saw anyway.

The mods are generally quite good, I'm sure they would have checked.
YNWA.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6 on: September 3, 2014, 01:37:16 pm »
The mods are generally quite good, I'm sure they would have checked.

They specifically said they didn't...

"We normally ask for proof from people doing AMAs but I guess this is relatively benign so we can go with it for now and see how it develops. "

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 3, 2014, 06:11:34 pm »
Hello!
From our surveys and assessments a large majority of Liverpool supporters or attend home games are actually from the surrounding areas and primarily walk to the ground so having local transport infrastructure would not effect plans to increase the capacity to above 60,000.

well that quote isn't true.
when planning permission was granted it was only for a max of 60.000, 
until  the transport infrastructure issue was addressed,   

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 3, 2014, 08:21:10 pm »
Hello!
From our surveys and assessments a large majority of Liverpool supporters or attend home games are actually from the surrounding areas and primarily walk to the ground so having local transport infrastructure would not effect plans to increase the capacity to above 60,000.

well that quote isn't true.
when planning permission was granted it was only for a max of 60.000, 
until  the transport infrastructure issue was addressed,   

Easy to check the first part against the planning documents. But off the cuff, this doesn't sound right because it's such a simple answer when the answer is actually quite complicated.

As has been said many times, there is no absolute link between 60,000 and the need for further transport 'infrastructure'. If an application went in for more than 60,000 it would need to address transport as would any other at any capacity bigger than existing. But there's no hard and fast x equals more buses or y equals a train.

Contractors do Design (as in Design & Build) but it would be pretty unusual to tip everyone off to the potential for expansion during a planning submission and such like. The idea that the club has looked at the Centenary Stand is hugely contentious. It wouldn't be mentioned, let alone a definite plan in 10 years time.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 3, 2014, 08:31:13 pm »
Does that building time frame look even vaguely feasible peter?
W

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 3, 2014, 08:35:08 pm »
Claiming there that construction on the main stand will start in July and be completed by the end of September or the start of November at the very latest.

Says that much will be fabricated off site which is why it's so quick.

However, that seems absurdly fast doesn't it?

Should hear on planning in 21 days

When I first read it I mis-read the year and thought they meant 2014  :o

However, looking at the second bold sentence there, is it possible to build up the cantilevers  and do any kind of foundation/ non obstructive work before "slotting in" the pre-fabricated parts?

(I am in no way shape or form connected with construction industry!!)

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #11 on: September 3, 2014, 08:52:45 pm »
Doesn't it depend on what they mean by "construction" when saying it will start in July and complete in September. They might be saying the frame or the skeleton or whatever, but not the brick curtain walling, fitting out etc. They might just mean the structural stuff is complete by September. 

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 3, 2014, 09:24:17 pm »
Does that building time frame look even vaguely feasible peter?

You'd have to assume foundations would be put in place for a start any time next year, which would imply a much earlier start than July and if a consent is expected soon, there'd be a start soon with ground and foundation works and several months would be needed to get off-site manufacture made and ready for site.

There would be much else besides including hard landscape, services and fit-out. Other major contractors have said two years for a stand including fit out.

Seems to me it may not be worth the extra to rush for an opening mid to late season and some of the final linking in would be better done in a closed season. In that case, ready for 2016/2017.

This ties in with the Construction Press, which is quoting 'about 20 months' for the job.

« Last Edit: September 8, 2014, 07:04:43 am by Peter McGurk »

Offline ComboDe

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: September 7, 2014, 11:19:44 am »
The fact that the new Main Stand will be setup and working in September 2015 is Scary Good! They are building it on Pre Fabricated terms meaning they can just overlay it on the current foundations, If any delays it'll be maximum November 2015!

This was a Q&A Done by a Carillion Worker.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/2fa2u5/im_a_site_supervisor_working_with_carillion_on/

Work should begin on the main stand in early July of 2015 and is expected to be completed mid September or November at the very latest of the same year.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2014, 11:27:12 am by ComboDe »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14 on: September 7, 2014, 11:29:16 am »
The fact that the new Main Stand will be setup and working in September 2015 is Scary Good! They are building it on Pre Fabricated terms meaning they can just overlay it on the current foundations, If any delays it'll be maximum November 2015!

Replying to this here to not derail the pics thread.

This is from this Redit Q&A, which is dubious to say the least. The stand is nearly double the size and will need its own foundations so that's a load of rubbish to start with.

Fairly certain the club itself has said there is a Summer 2016 target, so don't think this has changed personally.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: September 7, 2014, 11:29:52 am »

This was a Q&A Done by a Carillion Worker.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/2fa2u5/im_a_site_supervisor_working_with_carillion_on/

Work should begin on the main stand in early July of 2015 and is expected to be completed mid September or November at the very latest of the same year.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=316024.msg13206771#msg13206771

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 7, 2014, 12:01:07 pm »
It could only be true if it just referred to the superstructure, and it doesn't seem to.
W

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 03:10:46 am »
The current iron-ore price is at a 5 year low but it is forecast to rise by 30% over the next 2 years, so NOW is a good time to order the steel for the structure.

Offline Joe_Harrison100

• Kemlynite
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 10:06:20 pm »
Replying to this here to not derail the pics thread.

This is from this Redit Q&A, which is dubious to say the least. The stand is nearly double the size and will need its own foundations so that's a load of rubbish to start with.

Fairly certain the club itself has said there is a Summer 2016 target, so don't think this has changed personally.

Did you ever hear back from Carillon? Most of the Q&A sounded like bollocks to me and that sub-Reddit doesn't have great track record of sniffing out bullshitters.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 10:07:54 pm »
Did you ever hear back from Carillon? Most of the Q&A sounded like bollocks to me and that sub-Reddit doesn't have great track record of sniffing out bullshitters.

Nah, no reply from them, which doesn't really surprise me.

I'd personally take it with a massive pinch of salt to be honest.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 10:17:45 pm »
I am sitting in my office most days waiting for tender documents to appear since signing and returning a form to Carillion the other week.

Stressful business this. :-\

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 10:27:01 pm »
There's no way the main stand will be completed in four months !  Surely the carrillion guy is a bit of a troll

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10782896/This-is-Anfield-2016-Liverpool-unveil-stadium-redesign.html

Seems to suggest around 18 months ...a jan 2015 start and a august 2016 finish

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 10:29:24 pm »
There's no way the main stand will be completed in four months !  Surely the carrillion guy is a bit of a troll

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10782896/This-is-Anfield-2016-Liverpool-unveil-stadium-redesign.html

Seems to suggest around 18 months ...a jan 2015 start and a august 2016 finish

Edit just clicked on the other red and white kop page ..... Dubious claims is an understatement

Offline New York Red

• Main Stander
  • Life is too short to drink shitty beer
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 02:51:57 am »
Four months is absolutely impossible.

They'll need footings, infrastructure, etc. Even if it is prefabricated to save time, it will take ages.

Every day I wake up, and thank the Lord I'm Welsh.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 10:13:16 am »
Take the discussion to the thread I linked to above (the /R one) as this is for pic updates.

Edit - cheers to whichever mod moved this, thought I best edit the post to add this or people will think I'm going crazy  ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:07:49 am by just Craig? »