Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp: New Liverpool Manager Gifsteria! (Safe for Work Gifs only!)  (Read 1396968 times)

Offline redjed1

• Kopite
Re: New Liverpool Manager Discussion
« Reply #1360 on: October 5, 2015, 03:25:25 am »
Without disrespecting Rodgers, we have one of the best mangers in the world available in Klopp. I mean before Rodgers was appointed, it would have been a dream looking back now had Klopp been available then. Now it's reality. These are just chances that don't come your way often. FSG likely won't have a better chance in their tenure here, as long as that lasts, to hire a top coach such as Klopp. And with him comes instant clout, which we never really had in all of Rodgers 4 years.

Hope he's as good as most people expect him to be.

The excitement is starting to return. Never really took notice of when he was at Dortmund.
Is he a tactician, or can he improve players? Or both?

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1361 on: October 5, 2015, 03:27:36 am »
Choosing between Klopp and Ancelotti is like choosing between going home with a super sexy voluptuous and crazy blonde you've just met in a bar, or doing the sensible thing and going home to your devoted and loyal girlfriend who cooks you delicious food and cuddles you to sleep. Either way you can't lose, but you know that if you don't go home with the blonde you'll forever be thinking about what could have been.

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1362 on: October 5, 2015, 03:29:19 am »
Choosing between Klopp and Ancelotti is like choosing between going home with a super sexy voluptuous and crazy blonde you've just met in a bar, or doing the sensible thing and going home to your devoted and loyal girlfriend who cooks you delicious food and cuddles you to sleep. Either way you can't lose, but you know that if you don't go home with the blonde you'll forever be thinking about what could have been.
An ironic choice of metaphor perhaps.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1363 on: October 5, 2015, 03:30:08 am »
An ironic choice of metaphor perhaps.
How so? :)

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #1364 on: October 5, 2015, 03:31:07 am »
Cocu or de Boer for me, I'd both be happy with both to be honest... that said Klopp would be really happy with but the downside is he'd need to hit the ground running somewhat or be expect to by some peoples - that to me isn't a given and could disappoint some, that said a manager like Cocu or de Boer might not get the same sort of support - but they would have less pressure to begin with anyways.................... but hey ''pressure creates diamonds''

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1365 on: October 5, 2015, 03:32:01 am »
An irconic choice of metaphor perhaps.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1366 on: October 5, 2015, 03:38:50 am »
Klopp would certainly be my choice - a note of caution though is, while he achieved the great feat of taking a team who finished 13th the year prior to his appointment to the title in 3 seasons, it also took him 3 seasons to achieve CL qualification. Whoever we get in needs and deserves time - I hope people are able to be patient.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1367 on: October 5, 2015, 03:40:37 am »
Cocu or de Boer for me, I'd both be happy with both to be honest... that said Klopp would be really happy with but the downside is he'd need to hit the ground running somewhat or be expect to by some peoples - that to me isn't a given and could disappoint some, that said a manager like Cocu or de Boer might not get the same sort of support - but they would have less pressure to begin with anyways.................... but hey ''pressure creates diamonds''

Well, there is no pressure quite like this job - so we should be popping out diamonds from here on in.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: October 5, 2015, 03:43:23 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rT660LZ6qkc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rT660LZ6qkc</a>

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: October 5, 2015, 03:46:39 am »
Klopp would certainly be my choice - a note of caution though is, while he achieved the great feat of taking a team who finished 13th the year prior to his appointment to the title in 3 seasons, it also took him 3 seasons to achieve CL qualification. Whoever we get in needs and deserves time - I hope people are able to be patient.
I'm thinking maybe a season and a few games...no promises after that.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #1370 on: October 5, 2015, 03:49:21 am »

Which is which?  Is Klopp the blonde or Ancelotti? :o
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1371 on: October 5, 2015, 03:56:31 am »
Anyone else apart from Klopp or Ancellotti is a step sideways or backwards for me.

Out of the 2 I don't really have a preferance myself. I did originally thought Klopp because he'd be more 'our fit' but I didn't realise Ancellotti was still relatively young so I'm split.
not really, Brendan has achieved fuck all really and has won zero trophies. Plenty of managers have better CV's.

Although obviously the dream would be klopp or Carlo. Those two are in the top 5 managers in the world really. Have proper pedigree in the game.

PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1372 on: October 5, 2015, 04:03:02 am »
Regardless of who the next manager is, there simply has to be a more measured and efficient approach to transfer business. It is quality on the pitch that wins trophies.

What is appealing to me in terms of Klopp, if he would get at least some sort of say here in how business is done, is that it is easy to see him having a tendency toward quality young German talent and players he worked with/against in the Bundesliga. There is plenty of value there, and a market we(and other English clubs) probably aren't exploiting nearly enough. And I'm not going to say we're going to get Reus or anything crazy, but it is realistic to picture him being able to lure over a talented German or two that we may have not been able to otherwise.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: October 5, 2015, 04:07:19 am »
You cannot seriously equate Ancellotti with Klopp. Ancellotti had won more and with different clubs and in different leagues than Klopp ever has. Ancellotti had seen it and done it all. He was even at Istanbul as manager - albeit for the other side! He's even managed in the premiership and won it! And he's only 56. If he's recovered from his back issues, there's no way Klopp should be preferred to him.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: October 5, 2015, 04:09:27 am »
Which is which?  Is Klopp the blonde or Ancelotti? :o

That was an analogy that was not apt at all. Nevertheless I struggle to understand why anyone would favour hiring Klopp over Ancellotti - Ancellotti has achieved far more than Klopp ever has or is likely to ever will.

Offline Semaphore

• Kopite
« Reply #1375 on: October 5, 2015, 04:13:37 am »
Some people saying Ancelotti would attract top players more than Klopp.
I don't see it that way. I actually think the opposite.

Klopp has an aura. He's one of those charismatic alpha male types that footballers swoon over.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: October 5, 2015, 04:14:20 am »
I'd be very surprised if the incoming manager hasn't not only been contacted, but said yes to the job. It's obvious something has been going on behind the scenes for a few weeks.

Without disrespecting Rodgers, we have one of the best mangers in the world available in Klopp. I mean before Rodgers was appointed, it would have been a dream looking back now had Klopp been available then. Now it's reality. These are just chances that don't come your way often. FSG likely won't have a better chance in their tenure here, as long as that lasts, to hire a top coach such as Klopp. And with him comes instant clout, which we never really had in all of Rodgers 4 years.

If you want clout and player pulling power look no further than Ancellotti. The Real Madrid squad was horrified at real sacking Ancellotti and even Ronaldo spoke up in support of Ancellotti. He's also a proven winner who is still a gentleman and class act in the way he acts.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: October 5, 2015, 04:18:43 am »
Some people saying Ancelotti would attract top players more than Klopp.
I don't see it that way. I actually think the opposite.

Klopp has an aura. He's one of those charismatic alpha male types that footballers swoon over.

Let's hear what cristiano Ronaldo and James Rodriguez, two of the best players in the world, have to say about Ancellotti:-

Ronaldo on Ancellotti ""He’s a fantastic man and fantastic person. He was a player before so he has experience of how to deal with players. I’m very glad to work with him I have learnt many things with him and his staff, so I’m very happy.""

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-ronaldo-bale-life-madrid-ancelotti-and-more-13121371809#YD5yO9m5W1FXSs6t.99

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/05/24/12020312/ronaldo-i-hope-ancelotti-stays-at-real-madrid?utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dronaldo%2Bon%2Bancelloti%26fr%3Diphone%26.tsrc%3Dapple%26pcarrier%3DDiGi%26pmcc%3D502%26pmnc%3D16

Great coach and amazing person. Hope we work together next season. pic.twitter.com/HqHHGjGGUH

— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) May 23, 2015

"Ancelotti leaving would be tough to take," the Colombian told Gol TV. "He came in two years ago, he knows the team really well, know what we're about and how we act."

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: October 5, 2015, 04:20:47 am »
Don't think we would have sacked him so decisively without already receiving a yes from a manager. Just hope it's either Klopp or Ancelotti. Not much of a preference on who, Klopp seems the better 'fit' though.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: October 5, 2015, 04:22:10 am »
And for the people who say that he's a two or three year manager at his recent clubs - we hv to remember that his recent clubs r a list of the world's most wealthy clubs who generally do not keep their manages for too long anyway no mater who they are and what they hv achieved. Look at Chelsea - they r already whispering about sacking mourinho their most successful ever manager despite winning the premiership last season!

Offline Semaphore

• Kopite
« Reply #1380 on: October 5, 2015, 04:23:35 am »
I'm edging towards Klopp, although either would be amazing.

How lucky are we that two top managers are out of work mid-season? It's brilliant.

I agree with an earlier poster that Carlo would have the feel of a 2 year care-taker. He'd be great, but I'm not sure he'd provide magic, just sensible very very very good management. It would obviously be a huge upgrade. However I think he'd take us from our par position of 5th, to perhaps consistently 3rd.

Kloppo is high risk high reward. Like Simeone at Atletico you feel Klopp is someone who can not only rally a group of players, but he can lead an entire city. He would be an iconic figure. I reckon it would be great fun having him as manager. He could even guide us to a crazy league title.

I'm going for the mad option. If we get Klopp it will be fun.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1381 on: October 5, 2015, 04:28:10 am »
After listening to the Anfield Index podcast, there's little doubt about this. Klopp has the job.

Mixed feelings as I loathe to see our managers get the chop, but sadly it Brendan was on borrowed time and has been for a while. I wish the man all the best.

Klopp's appointment will reinvigorate the supportbase that has been so fractious to be point where its identity has been severly battered over the last 18 months. I just hope we can get back something resembling what it once was. If Klopp's appointment can help us recapture that, then perhaps nothing will.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1382 on: October 5, 2015, 04:29:23 am »
Jurgen and the Kloppites

This is one band of merry men that will get the Mersey Beat going again!

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1383 on: October 5, 2015, 04:33:15 am »
I'm edging towards Klopp, although either would be amazing.

How lucky are we that two top managers are out of work mid-season? It's brilliant.

I agree with an earlier poster that Carlo would have the feel of a 2 year care-taker. He'd be great, but I'm not sure he'd provide magic, just sensible very very very good management. It would obviously be a huge upgrade. However I think he'd take us from our par position of 5th, to perhaps consistently 3rd.

Kloppo is high risk high reward. Like Simeone at  you feel Klopp is someone who can not only rally a group of players, but he can lead an entire city. He would be an iconic figure. I reckon it would be great fun having him as manager. He could even guide us to a crazy league title.

I'm going for the mad option. If we get Klopp it will be fun.

Klopp is high on charisma but decidedly far lower on results than Ancellotti. I want us to go for managerial substance and have had it with mere personality - Rodgers had more of the latter than the former.

Besides very very good management is precisely what we need. Let it not be forgotten that although shankly was the iconic figure in liverpool fc history, the most successful manager was paisley who was far more in the ancelotti mould. Don't we need a paisley rather than a shankly right now?

As I hv said above it's unfair to beat ancelloti with the 2-3 year stick.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1384 on: October 5, 2015, 04:44:16 am »
You cannot seriously equate Ancellotti with Klopp. Ancellotti had won more and with different clubs and in different leagues than Klopp ever has. Ancellotti had seen it and done it all. He was even at Istanbul as manager - albeit for the other side! He's even managed in the premiership and won it! And he's only 56. If he's recovered from his back issues, there's no way Klopp should be preferred to him.
I'm surprised more people haven't been bringing this up haha, it's pretty incredible really.

But both him and Klopp are, IMO, top, top managers. I prefer Klopp slightly but we can't go wrong.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #1385 on: October 5, 2015, 04:45:20 am »
Personally I would go for Ancelotti.  He's got all the credentials needed and we need to "improve now" and get the results now.  Further rebuilding and shoring up will only harm us.  Unlike in the German League, there was only one superpower in Bayern Munich.   Here, there are at least the two Manchesters that we need to get past plus a Chelsea that is having an off season but still poises as a huge threat.  Arsenal is also a force not to be under estimated.

Ancelloti has done it all, has three Champions League trophies under his belt (like Paisley) and is a great coach.  We may be a 2 or 3 year project for him but 2 or 3 years later, if the team is back in the Top 4, we'd be attracting many amazing candidates as potential successors. 

That being said, I don't mind if we got Klopp as he will be my 2nd choice.
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: October 5, 2015, 04:49:14 am »
Personally I would go for Ancelotti.  He's got all the credentials needed and we need to "improve now" and get the results now.  Further rebuilding and shoring up will only harm us.  Unlike in the German League, there was only one superpower in Bayern Munich.   Here, there are at least the two Manchesters that we need to get past plus a Chelsea that is having an off season but still poises as a huge threat.  Arsenal is also a force not to be under estimated.

Ancelloti has done it all, has three Champions League trophies under his belt (like Paisley) and is a great coach.  We may be a 2 or 3 year project for him but 2 or 3 years later, if the team is back in the Top 4, we'd be attracting many amazing candidates as potential successors. 

That being said, I don't mind if we got Klopp as he will be my 2nd choice.

Funny you mention the league, because Ancelotti league record isn't too stellar, probably why you have to put Paisley in a higher bracket despite Ancelotti winning the European cyp three times also, they both have negatives and a lot more positives, wouldn't mind either but I'm edging towards Klopp.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #1387 on: October 5, 2015, 04:53:20 am »
no but i hear that Jan Mølby is quite reliable.

Unless you want your fair share of the gravy.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: October 5, 2015, 04:57:07 am »
If the media are correct, Klopp is interested, and Im of the opinion he already has the job. Is there anything to suggest Ancelotti is interested?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #1389 on: October 5, 2015, 04:59:31 am »
not really, Brendan has achieved fuck all really and has won zero trophies. Plenty of managers have better CV's.

Although obviously the dream would be klopp or Carlo. Those two are in the top 5 managers in the world really. Have proper pedigree in the game.
Klopp just misses top 5 for me but point stands.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: October 5, 2015, 05:02:05 am »
I was firmly in the Ancelotti camp when the news of Brendan sacking came out but I'm now more dubious given that we are a young team that can't compete for the top trophies just yet. I also feel Klopp triggers more emotional buttons which is important for the fans and the players. If the Klopp business goes through I wonder what kind of reception the man will get when he first steps on Melwood.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1391 on: October 5, 2015, 05:03:43 am »
Ancelotti.

Boring yeah but if it means trophies, hell yeah.

Boring as in a 'predictable' appointment, not Mourinho-boring.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1392 on: October 5, 2015, 05:15:57 am »
Anyone else apart from Klopp or Ancellotti is a step sideways or backwards for me.

Out of the 2 I don't really have a preferance myself. I did originally thought Klopp because he'd be more 'our fit' but I didn't realise Ancellotti was still relatively young so I'm split.

Bored of this Ancellotti and Klopp discussion.  They are show dogs with hidden fleas.  Sure they have experience, pedigree and would be a loyal servant to the club, but I worry Klopp (would have us the most often injured team in the league) and Ancellotti (would require an entire rehauling of squad --- expensive and not assured of success).   

Diego Simeone
Joachim Low
Marcelo Bielsa

------  or Plan B Director of Football Nicola Cortese with a young hire

Ancellotti is not going to make up for the problems of management, and lack of world class players on our roster this season.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2015, 05:19:53 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1393 on: October 5, 2015, 05:18:09 am »

If you want to talk about transfers; talk about net spend.

Fella  ;D

https://vine.co/v/eDeUahPHnbF
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #1394 on: October 5, 2015, 05:19:26 am »
Ancelotti for me, Carlo has seen and done it all. He's also had premiership experience, I think as a club we need to try to find some stability now. Klopp is a fantastic manager and I wouldn't be upset if we got him but I think just by his persona he'll bring a lot of attention to the Club. Also I don't know if tactically he is as good as Carlo
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #1395 on: October 5, 2015, 05:21:32 am »
I'm going to be gutted if we don't get Klopp, everything about him screams out Liverpool Football Club. There are no guarantees in football as we all know, but i just see the Liverpool job being more of a fit for Klopp he has taken a poor team and built it from scratch and took them to titles and the CL final, Ancelotti whilist being a top manager has walked into top jobs with money to spend and high quality squads already in place. I see someone earlier saying Ancelotti should be chosen as he has a better win percentage well of course he has if you are given jobs at top clubs with great squads in place and big money to spend.

If Klopp does get the job i hope he stays true to who he is, hitting the media hard if they give him crap, celebrating goals like a madman, tracksuit, baseball cap that is his identity don't change.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: October 5, 2015, 05:24:11 am »
Funny you mention the league, because Ancelotti league record isn't too stellar, probably why you have to put Paisley in a higher bracket despite Ancelotti winning the European cyp three times also, they both have negatives and a lot more positives, wouldn't mind either but I'm edging towards Klopp.

Ancelotti has won the league in Italy, France, and England. Ancelotti was the first Italian manager to ever win the premiership.

Klop has only ever managed in Germany. There is no guarantee he can translate his methods outside the Bundesliga and in  the different English culture.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1397 on: October 5, 2015, 05:25:27 am »

If Klopp does get the job i hope he stays true to who he is, hitting the media hard if they give him crap, celebrating goals like a madman, tracksuit, baseball cap that is his identity don't change.

If he's moving to Liverpool he'll have no shortage of shell/tracksuit options. Bloody European Capital.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1398 on: October 5, 2015, 05:26:09 am »
I think Klopp fits best for the job. He won league titles with Borussia D as underdogs vs Bayern Munich. Whereas Ancelotti has failed to win league title in France with PSG in one of his seasons over there, and of course he didn't win Spanish league either.

Also, Ancelotti worked with superb squads backed by deep pockets. Borussia D operate in a very similar fashion to Liverpool, in terms of their transfers, yet Klopp won titles with them.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: October 5, 2015, 05:33:11 am »
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.