Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 111400 times)

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #1240 on: January 9, 2011, 08:07:28 pm »
But they won't investigate Webb's decision... ::)

This is the key. If LFC make a big enough noise of this the c*nt daren't give decisions against us / for the Mancs. An investigation can work in our favour

Never forgive the twat for the pen he gave them in 2009 against Spurs

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #1241 on: January 9, 2011, 08:08:12 pm »
Mr Webb.....4 penalties to MU at Old Trafford in the last six games he has refereed there....Hmm

Offline Juanyboy

• Kopite
  • Enjoying the sun, missing the football
« Reply #1242 on: January 9, 2011, 08:08:12 pm »
The lads done us proud today full of fight and commitment 100% improvement, robbed by the c*nt in black once again. Can't see Kenny pandering to any of the big ego's (Torres subbed). Back to old boot-room philosophy, play well your in the team have a bad game your dropped or subbed star player or not and if you don't like it theres the door.

hope so

I find it abit sad how we(as in fans on here) seem to want to blame the ref everyweek. I thought Howard Webb had a "OK" game, and didn't favour either side. Fact is Berbatov dived & conned the ref, soon as i seen it i thought penelty, then when you see it from another angle looks like a dive.  I don't blame him for giving it, the fault should lay with Berbatov who cheated.

It was also a red card, even if it wasn't a "certain red" it was a downright stupid tackle which deserved the red for being stupid to tackle like that. Was no need for a 2 footed challenge, why even risk it, not like it was 85th minute either. The blame lays at Gerrards feet imo.

Other than that i don't see nothing wrong with Webb, what i did see wrong was a team who passed the ball well but had zero threat up front. I seen a Torres who couldn't give a crap, and unless it was offered to him on a plate he didn't want to work for the team or work to create openings.

Nice side who pass ball round, but zero zero threat. Man Utd was in 2nd gear all 2nd half.

Gerrard should be fined, Torres should be made to choose what he wants, either stay and fight or sell now and use the money on players who want to be here. What is certain unless we get a striker or two, nothing will change. Yes the performance was better as we was more offensive, but it looked betetr as under Roy we was so bad, at end of day it's still a very poor side, with average players, no attacking threat and a team that needs alot of new faces in it.

Agree with most of that, Gerrard should have used his noggin - he's at OT with Webb ffs, two footed, however tame is asking for it. Shame really.

The bit I highlighted is bollocks though mate, we have the foundations of a great team that is simply lacking in confidence and commitment, nothing more. I'm hoping Kenny will sort out loyalties with the players within the coming weeks, some do need to brought down to earth, but once that's done.....onwards and upwards

Offline M17ARFilms

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1243 on: January 9, 2011, 08:09:16 pm »
do you guys think we should appeal for the red card on Stevie ?

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #1244 on: January 9, 2011, 08:10:41 pm »
Webb, the c*nt, has something against LFC. I don't know how the FA can't see this.
Oh yeah, because Fergie has got them in his pocket too.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #1245 on: January 9, 2011, 08:10:42 pm »

No - two footed and left the ground.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1246 on: January 9, 2011, 08:11:17 pm »
Gerrard going pretty much ended any hopes I had of getting anything out of the game, and it was a definite red, no arguments from me.

With the penalty, I totally understand why Webb gave it, as there was slight contact.  Having said that, I'd bet all the donuts in Krispy Kreme that if it had been Nando getting a touch, taking a step and then going down, there'd be no chance in hell of us getting a penalty from him at the toilet.

Thought Kenny had the right idea, playing Gerrard slightly deeper so he could alternate with Raul when supporting Torres, but for that system to work, you need much more pace in the wide areas - something we really lack and need to put right in the transfer window.  Made the right substitutions at the right time, though.

Kelly was outstanding btw.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: January 9, 2011, 08:11:21 pm »

Nope
It was a red for me.
Never a pen, but a red ?  Fair enough
Maybe it could have been a yellow and final warning but a red wasn't totally surprising

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1248 on: January 9, 2011, 08:11:51 pm »
No...in today's game you cant argue with it.

Personally I think it's silly, but there you go.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1249 on: January 9, 2011, 08:11:52 pm »
No - two footed and left the ground.
Agreed with that answer, it's very likely that if we did appeal an extra match would be thrown on due to it being frivolous.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #1250 on: January 9, 2011, 08:12:19 pm »
English refs are shite and the Mancs get everything they want. Remember Westbrom recently.

But that´s nothing new. Everyone knows this and it´s going on for years. Only Rafa had the guts to point this out in public and now Ryan. Well in!

Can't be arsed going back what did Ryan say?
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #1251 on: January 9, 2011, 08:12:54 pm »

Yes.
And appeal against Webb ever setting foot on a pitch again.

Time for Alonso to fly-kick him ;)!

Offline JACKO_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1252 on: January 9, 2011, 08:14:47 pm »
celebrates the money he received off united today...

Pheeny

« Reply #1253 on: January 9, 2011, 08:15:54 pm »
right for the last time.Stop the in house fighting/slagging match.Enjoy the fact that the King is back.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: January 9, 2011, 08:16:07 pm »
Yes.
And appeal against Webb ever setting foot on a pitch again.

Time for Alonso to fly-kick him ;)!

On what grounds exactly? That Stevie didn't go in two footed, studs first with his feet off the ground? Except he did so it was a red. Fucking hell lads, grab a hold of yourselves.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1255 on: January 9, 2011, 08:16:20 pm »
What is more worrying than the typical refereeing fiasco that was thrown before us after just 30 seconds today. Is the mancs new song along the lines of "we're man united and we'll do what we want" after every suspect decision was given in their favour. They have actually started to sing about the preferential treatment they get.
There is no bigger indictment of the refereeing bias towards them that they can actually make a song up about it.

Sick to the back fucking teeth of the shite that go's on at that place.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: January 9, 2011, 08:17:04 pm »
Can't be arsed going back what did Ryan say?

[/quote]

he posted a picture of web in a man u shirt on tweeter.

cant figure out how to post it on here though

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #1257 on: January 9, 2011, 08:17:09 pm »
celebrates the money he received off united today...

Whats humpdy dumpty done wrong?
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: January 9, 2011, 08:18:32 pm »

Must say I did during the game but it was a stupid, hot headed challenge and Stevie has got away with a few of these in the past. Just suck it up and get on IMO. Bitch of a start for Kenny without his captain but it'll be interesting to see how he sets things up with Pepe in charge.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: January 9, 2011, 08:18:51 pm »
right for the last time.Stop the in house fighting/slagging match.Enjoy the fact that the King is back.

Aye
Gerrard fucked up, we're out of the cup and Webb is a dick
But on we go, Kenny is back so onwards and upwards we go

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: January 9, 2011, 08:20:20 pm »
was a great team selection today, and despite the obvious homer ref we played as well as can be expected!

real shame torres is off the boil tho, hope he can sort his head out.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1261 on: January 9, 2011, 08:21:10 pm »
 Defo no penalty but defo a red card., Can't tackle with both feet off the ground though in stating that Scholes has made a whole caeer out of shit tackles and getting away with it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1262 on: January 9, 2011, 08:21:27 pm »
Aye
Gerrard fucked up, we're out of the cup and Webb is a dick
But on we go, Kenny is back so onwards and upwards we go

Pepe produced some outstanding saves today... 5 in a minute at one point.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jonnyredman

• Main Stander
« Reply #1263 on: January 9, 2011, 08:21:51 pm »
In this day and age of technology the FA need to take a good look at introducing the video ref. You could see today Kenny watching the Gerrard sending off straight after it had happened. It doesnt take up alot of time and you could get rid of this diving culture that has crept into the english game.

All in all I thought we played better than we have done, United  didnt look anything special and if Gerrard had kept his head we could of had them. Looking forward to the Blackpool game

Long live the King

Offline Del_c

• Main Stander
  • SOS Member 4856 - I wish I was born Scouse
« Reply #1264 on: January 9, 2011, 08:22:24 pm »
up against 12 men right from kick off.....

Attitude was right though

The king will sort it out.....LONG LIVE THE KING

YNWA
xbox live tag - Delboy LFC YNWA

I hate the mancs - ALL OF THEM

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: January 9, 2011, 08:23:53 pm »
Pepe produced some outstanding saves today... 5 in a minute at one point.

That was quality that was
Pepe showed great determination there

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #1266 on: January 9, 2011, 08:24:14 pm »
Prolly good on Babel to backtrack on that:
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Pheeny

« Reply #1267 on: January 9, 2011, 08:25:31 pm »
As someone said it was not a red but what the fuck was Stevie thinking of diving in like that at OT with Webb as the Ref?

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: January 9, 2011, 08:26:48 pm »
Defo no penalty but defo a red card., Can't tackle with both feet off the ground though in stating that Scholes has made a whole caeer out of shit tackles and getting away with it.

Fortunately he didn't get away with it against us when he tried to remove Xabi's ankles.

Offline Rafaroy

• Main Stander
  • RED4EVER YNWA
« Reply #1269 on: January 9, 2011, 08:27:01 pm »
How many more times is that bent bald headed c*nt of a ref, going to give bad decisions against us.  As for the game, a much better team effort.  And the travelling kop you made us all proud.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: January 9, 2011, 08:28:27 pm »
What is more worrying than the typical refereeing fiasco that was thrown before us after just 30 seconds today. Is the mancs new song along the lines of "we're man united and we'll do what we want" after every suspect decision was given in their favour. They have actually started to sing about the preferential treatment they get.
There is no bigger indictment of the refereeing bias towards them that they can actually make a song up about it.

Sick to the back fucking teeth of the shite that go's on at that place.

Cheers for the reminder. I heard that one mentioned before the game, the ego's of them lot now says it all. Get away with it and they know it. Not us feeling hard done by, but obvious favoritism. One more nail in the football coffin.

Anyways I'm offski out of the thread before I get another hand slap.  ;D

« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 08:31:55 pm by INABITSKI »

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1271 on: January 9, 2011, 08:28:41 pm »
Yes, if Webb gets that call right. He didn't, and Gerrard makes what is indisputably a red card worthy challenge, and is sent off. Gerrard doesn't have to make the challenge in the way he did - Carrick managed to challenge for it fairly, Gerrard didn't.

My last time repeating this but Webb is shit, he's inconsistent, he's a horrible ref, reffing at OT in general is a total joke, and I'll moan as much as anyone about bias and Webb and and and.

But in and of itself, Gerrard's challenge was a red card...what you've said is a very fair and correct point, but again no-one can convince me that Gerrard's wasn't a red card offence, because it was.

Totally agree with you. It was a red card but frustration - in line with Masch in 2008 - it was defo a red card.

Not asking for special rules here. Just fair and reasonable refereeing. That too much to ask?

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #1272 on: January 9, 2011, 08:28:44 pm »
As someone said it was not a red but what the fuck was Stevie thinking of diving in like that at OT with Webb as the Ref?
Its a shame we cant play properly there wihtout consequences, but yes, very true.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1273 on: January 9, 2011, 08:28:58 pm »
In this day and age of technology the FA need to take a good look at introducing the video ref. You could see today Kenny watching the sending off straight after it had happened. It doesnt take up alot of time and you could get rid of this diving culture that has crept into the english game.

Except a) the ref didn't need the video. b) if the action replay video is from sky tv, can you imagine what angles they might find!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: January 9, 2011, 08:29:04 pm »

With the penalty, I totally understand why Webb gave it, as there was slight contact. 

Are you serious? Dont give the bellend any excuses. Berbatov dived, plain and simple. Webb is an utter tit who robbed us of a hard fought and well earned draw/victory. Hes a prick.
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1275 on: January 9, 2011, 08:30:38 pm »
If its a red then make damn sure every other tackle you see like that Mr Webb is treated the same, we'll be watching you. (Alright, I know your'e not a member of this forum but you get the idea). The leniency you showed Van Bommel in July because you were thinking of your reputation says a lot about your ego, we're onto you son.

Dying for someone, Kenny to be precise, to bring up the subject of players cheating, we get a lot of that at OT (Nani is the king) but only Torres seems to get a mention.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #1276 on: January 9, 2011, 08:31:52 pm »
I'm amazed at the referee handwringing going on still. We fell foul of a dubious penalty call, that's football, happens all the time.

The sending off was self inflicted, but we did well to contain a good side,Kenny came out of it with credit and Kelly will have Johnson a worried man tonight.We didn't play as well as we did against Chelsea and Arsenal at Anfield, but only conceding one goal, a dodgy penalty at Old Trafford, playing with 10 men for much of the game is pretty good.That is something to build on.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline rickythered

• facedranter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 Times
« Reply #1277 on: January 9, 2011, 08:32:03 pm »
Suddenly I have renewed optimism and hope and it feels good, could hardly bring myself to watch us over the last couple of months under Roy I always expected the worst before a ball was even kicked. Thanks to NESV and Kenny I finally feel like the dark days of G&H are gone and from now on the only way is up.

YNWA
“The Liverpool jersey has become heavy to wear and I want to change that.” Brendan Rodger's

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: January 9, 2011, 08:32:24 pm »
Dalglish didn't have to change anything - he did what Hodgson should have done, was hired to do, and told us all he WOULD do when he was hired - he used Rafa's Liverpool as a starting point. Whether he tweaks those foundations or not is up to him, but it hasn't been long enough for those foundations to be eroded, and tactically, those foundations were perfectly solid and should never have been fucked around with hugely in the first place.

As I think Roy Hodgson actually said when he joined (though I could be wrong): 'Evolution, not revolution.'

Exactly. I'm so glad we set up the way we did. Moreso than if we had won and played the way we had under Hodgson. Hopefully it'll continue as Dalglish and whoever else was involved picking the team today seem to have understood what you've said. It's a good start.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: January 9, 2011, 08:32:41 pm »
Are you serious? Dont give the bellend any excuses. Berbatov dived, plain and simple. Webb is an utter tit who robbed us of a hard fought and well earned draw/victory. Hes a prick.
I understand where Tubby is coming from, Webbs view is Agger putting a foot in and Berbatov going over, the main point is the lino should be strong enough to raise that flag and tell Webb his view of it yes Agger puts a foot in but Berbatov wasnt touched, its not as though we didnt know they have a few that can throw themselves to the ground if the chance presents itself
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013