Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - Real Madrid 3 FT  (Read 91603 times)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0 - Real Madrid 3 FT
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:09 pm »
Comprehensively beaten by a quality side, the only goal I'm really arsed off about is the third.  Don't know how to feel really, parts of our play looked better than of late, yet we still took a tanking at home.

Jesus, we miss Sturridge.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:12 pm »
Horrible from everyone except maybe Coutinho and Sterling.

Im flabbergasted that Skrtel did not even try to challenge Ronaldo for the first goal.

Taken him down?

Nah he just outpaced him + bags of quality more. It reached passed Lovren and if Skrtel would have been able to stop Ronaldo than I would have been surprised.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:13 pm »
Great first 15, got the wind knocked out of us, then recovered with a decent second half.

Overall, they had way more quality than us and it showed. Ludogorets winning has done us a little favour as well.

Not out of this by any distance
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:17 pm »
Taking Balotelli off at half time.... that's a strong message to send.

I think that was as much to protect Balotelli from an emotional outburst (from fans or teamates) as much as it was to protect us from carrying a passenger (assuming he was aware of the shirt swapping).

Also allowed us to experiment with sterling up front, which we've clearly been wanting to try

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:18 pm »
YEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

LUDOGERETSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Well that was enjoyable.

Mignolet, Skrtel and Johnson. At least these are new under performers and we didn't have a prime opportunity to be rid of them in the summer, right? Nah, stick with the tried and failed. Let's just stick with Mignolet (slide tackling in his own six yard area, from a corner!!!). Let's retain Skrtel and his excellent positioning and strong tackling. And Glen Johnson and his joyful running into players at every opportunity.

Oh and Mario, fuck off back to Italy lad. We've got six weeks to cope with Lambert and Borini, let's get Sinclair into the squad and bin this shithouse back to Italy where deep down we all knew he'd end up very quickly anyway.

It's so, so galling to see talented youngsters having to pick up the slack from the experienced members of the squad. Mignolet, Johnson, Lovren, Skrtel and Balotelli should be fined for that. Just absolutely gutless fucking cowards.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:22 pm »
Ludo beating Basel eased the pain. All to play for still
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:23 pm »
They were much better than us. Anyone surprised? The defending of late has been a shambles, and I think some fresh blood in the coaching department is required in that area. We have good defenders who aren't communicating and who are making really basic errors, and I don't think the manager is especially strong in that area. I think he should look for help from an experienced defensive first team coach.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:28 pm »
Brendan's longevity at the club will depend on how quick he sort that defence game of the team. The problem is more than the keeper and the back four
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:29 pm »
So we end the day joint second.  God knows how, but we should still make it if we learn how to defend.

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:34 pm »
couldn't give a shit if he does, whats it to us.

Touchy.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:34 pm »
Can't really judge anything that happened in the second half, game was dead and they were happy to just stroll around and hope to catch us out on the break. Which they did. Multiple times. Staggered it finished 0-3 to be honest, could have been 2-6.

Here's a fun thought; they won't take the foot off the gas for an entire half at home. Worse is yet to come unless our defence magically clicks in the next fortnight as far as I'm concerned. Probably the first time I've ever had doubts about Rodgers taking us forward, the entire defence has become amateur league at best, and it gets worse every time they play. I just don't get it.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:36 pm »
A humbling.

Problem for Brendan is he getting identified as not being able to defend.

Oh yeah, Balotteli is indescribable
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Cream147

• Anny Roader
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:39 pm »
Im flabbergasted that Skrtel did not even try to challenge Ronaldo for the first goal.

This shows a complete lack of understanding of football. Watch it again, Skrtel did indeed try to challenge Ronaldo on that goal. The point is that Ronaldo was wise to that and struck it so early that Skrtel didn't have a chance to get across him. Skrtel was the one guy who was not at fault for that goal (Lovren, Gerrard, Henderson and Allen could all have done better)

Now if we want to talk about defensive errors for the other 2 goals, then let's take a seat, because it will take several hours to get through all of those.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:42 pm »
They took their foot off it 2nd half, we never created anything.

This is what we have to do in future windows.

BR is quoted saying this very thing last year. Somewhere along the way he had a change of mind, was poorly advised or the Suarez situation changed the plan.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:53 pm »
When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high
And don’t be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky
And the sweet, silver song of a lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you’ll never walk alone
You’ll never walk alone

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you’ll never walk alone
You’ll never walk alone

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:03 pm »
On another planet. Only the deluded will be depressed/angry tonight.

It's a long road back to being anywhere near their level, but we've take the first step.

Cheer up boys.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:05 pm »
Spurs game was still the only one I watched again to enjoy watching us play. What a horrendous season so far.

Offline worthers

• originals
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:06 pm »
Hmmm.

I didn't think we played that bad at all tonight when we went forward, obviously lacking the clinical edge to finish promising moves. The usual suspects had about six brain farts defensively and they scored from two of them. Johnson and Mig really had up and down moments. No much needs to said about Mario other than he desperately needs to change his game to fit the system. Can's cameo was impressive. Raheem is having an influence akin to the young Steven.
"We can not walk alone" Martin Luther King 1963

In nine years, Paisley won three European Cups, a Uefa Cup, six League titles and three League Cups. He won three European Cups in nine years, while Mr Ferguson has managed two in 24.

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:10 pm »
They were much better than us. Anyone surprised? The defending of late has been a shambles, and I think some fresh blood in the coaching department is required in that area. We have good defenders who aren't communicating and who are making really basic errors, and I don't think the manager is especially strong in that area. I think he should look for help from an experienced defensive first team coach.

Steve Clarke?

Offline Stringer123

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:15 pm »
let's hope he learns from it mario that is
Learns what? That our defence is shite?

Honestly, I don't think Balotelli's performance should be the biggest worry from tonight.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:16 pm »
didn't Ludogorets make them work hard for a 2-1 win? Should have done better. Yeah the better team won but we should have shown more.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:19 pm »
4-6-0 until Sturridge gets back. It's been a while since we lost 3-0 at home, hopefully it's a wake-up call for some.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:30 pm »

Bent over, lubed up and penetrated, then tickled on the tummy with a playful ruffle of the hair.
;D

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:35 pm »
Only Stevie, Coutinho and Sterling were 'good'. The rest just really not at the required level.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:43 pm »
Mario Balotelli was not the reason we lost 3-0 tonight.

That said, I hope to never see him in a Liverpool shirt again. For everyone's sake. No good will ever come of it. Hopefully we can find someone gullible enough to take him off our hands in January for 10m. There's nothing much to be gained by slating the guy. Failed experiment, move him on, goodbye.

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:45 pm »
i wish we had a midfielder like isco. Twiffic player.
We have in Coutinho, he was excellent tonight

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:48 pm »
That is what Liverpool suffered that - no strikers at all.   Brendan doesn't even have faith in Lambert and Borini at all so why buy them at the first thing?

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:51 pm »
Got to take it in our strides really. This match wasn't at all unexpected - it does show how far away we are, what can be done and what needs to be done.

Lallana as a false 9 looks a good prospect and offered the typical Brendan style get up and go attitude he wants from players - he would do well to drop Balotelli (who's had his chance quite frankly) and play Lallana up front until Sturridge comes back.

There was hints of very good link up play between the attackers and Can which was absent - Lallana seemed to be the pin that held it together. He tracked back well, so therefore his defensive work was beneficial to the squad too. A godsend he seems at the moment.

But Balotelli? My god, he is a horror show. He cannot play - he's losing the team many valuable points . I have never seen a player who has caused such a destruction to the squad.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:51 pm »
BR is quoted saying this very thing last year. Somewhere along the way he had a change of mind, was poorly advised or the Suarez situation changed the plan.

Or maybe we tried and they didn't want to come to us, ala Sanchez

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2014, 09:43:55 pm »
Ludogretz didn't 'do us a favour'

The way we are playing right now, we'll struggle to overcome them in the away leg. Madrid even struggled there, think people really need to show them a bit more respect to be honest.

They have just as much chance qualifying as we do.

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:02 pm »
Just what happened at 20 minutes? We looked so incisive at the start and then just dropped off after that Rodriguex injury. So bizarre.
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline Cloudstepper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:02 pm »
Not so much a shadow of the Liverpool of last season, when you take into account we couldn't defend then either. We're missing the end product though... I wonder why that is..... haha

Suarez wanted to leave, we cashed in and spent okay on some players and bought some absolute shite too, we have no world class players in the entire squad, Sterling is the nearest thing, he's brilliant..

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:13 pm »
Outclassed

I do hope Mario never ever plays for us again. Never ever a Liverpool player.

Who'd have thought buying 3 players for £100m is better than buying 8 or 9. Top level is all quality. Last season showed what one world class player can do.

I'd celebrate Ludigrets win but there's nothing to suggest we will beat them either.

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:14 pm »
Not exactly a shock. We can still definitely qualify, and a good reminder of how far we have to go, and how much I'm sure we will improve.

Balotelli needs sacking off though, it's obviously already it's not gonna work out sadly. He just doesn't fit at all.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:15 pm »
Those looking at Mario need to realise he isn't the problem.

The problem is our defence is getting worse. It's twice as bad as last season already. We would of won the league last year if our defence would of been decent.

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:24 pm »
we really are lower league compared to madrid. so many shit players signed who do nothing for us. that new CB we signed is fucking crap.

Come on buddy that's hardly constructive is it? Who are all the other shit players we've signed, why have you come to the conclusion they're shit, and could you not write why in one of the relevant threads and not as a kneejerk reaction about 5 minutes after we've lost against the current European champions?

Down with this sort of thing!

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:31 pm »

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:32 pm »
Yeah but obviohusly they're gonna be more switched on against us at Anfield. They were always going to beat Ludogorets so whatever.

Anyway, I like that Real Madrid side.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:52 pm »
Big if.

Get big Kolo in and we'll be sorted. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2014, 09:45:06 pm »
4-6-0 until Sturridge gets back. It's been a while since we lost 3-0 at home, hopefully it's a wake-up call for some.
When was the last time actually?
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.