Author Topic: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)  (Read 418127 times)

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
Re: Fortress Anfield (atmosphere)
« Reply #40 on: January 3, 2013, 11:52:24 am »
I'd like to see a boys pen brought back or a block specifically designated to tickets that are only for purchase at the turnstile at a cheaper rate up till maybe 5 hours before kick off so it ensures more locals get in the ground and especially youngsters. You'd see alot more local lads coming onto the kop and making a better atmosphere for years to come. Will never happen due to health and safety I know but it's nice to dream.
The present mindset just doesn't allow for such a sensible idea I'm afraid.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 3, 2013, 11:56:56 am »
i can see friction in coming years between supporters and these people who turn up and have no respect for our traditions. like if i didn't go with me dad it'd kick off when i get these moaning fellas shouting at me. i think we need flyers before games telling the kop to stand. stewards can't make us all sit down. people say "oh what about the kids" the kids will grow to understand that its so they learn how to grow up as real liverpool fans not growing up thinking its normal to go to a match and sit there like a mass.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 3, 2013, 11:59:42 am »
I doubt it is a camera rattler, watch a long skiing contest and you will hear the same rattle over and over. It is a very common "audience" tool in skiing :)

Then it's a season ticket holder who has been next to a camera/mic for years.  I do find the camera theory more likely.
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 3, 2013, 12:02:14 pm »
Alot has to do with prices. There's always plenty of good lads left in the pub who can't afford £45-£50 a ticket each week or on a regular basis.

German football is the way forward with how they treat fans

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #44 on: January 3, 2013, 12:02:36 pm »
Was in 306 and it seemed to be decent. Suppose that can be deceiving though.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #45 on: January 3, 2013, 12:03:04 pm »
It wasn't exactly 'rocking' in 08/09 and we were 'winning games'.

The only way is to bring the RTK section down to the front. I really don't think anything else will change it at this stage.

Agree with this totally.

Are there any plans to address this issue (atmosphere) as part of the stadium refurb ?
E.g. dedicated singing sections or moving the RTK sections down?

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #46 on: January 3, 2013, 12:07:40 pm »
Alot has to do with prices. There's always plenty of good lads left in the pub who can't afford £45-£50 a ticket each week or on a regular basis.

German football is the way forward with how they treat fans.

Can't see that happening in this country at the moment.  The PL is a cash cow right now & ripe for milking.

In an ideal world -as and when the stadium is expanded there'll be more parent/child seats or sections dedicated to local schoolkids, for example, to introduce the next generation of fans.
This alongside more reasonable prices and a decent ticketing system/office !
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #47 on: January 3, 2013, 12:12:39 pm »
I know how to improve it , its a sure fire success , sadly the people who make the most atmosphere in the games wont want it.....disperse and scatter the 306 blocks etc back into the main Kop...if 2 or 3 people sing ...there more likely to get the people immediatly around them to join in...but remote from that, even in the same stand its not in their nature to start or join in unless the game is on fire,.....simple fact is block 306 does not inspire the non commited to sing on a regular basis during the ...'lesser; games when we need the atmosphere most....its an uplalatable truth for some....you can rant all you want about those non singers should anyway cos its the Kop...etc.etc.......but the reality of the situation is a lot wont...or more to the point..they would if they people aroudn them gave imediate encouragement.

« Last Edit: January 3, 2013, 12:21:27 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 3, 2013, 12:12:57 pm »
A lot of decent reds I know fucked off the game in the early 90s. The others I know have more or less stopped over the last 3 years. The cost, shite owners and a poor team are small reasons but the main reason is that it's crap going nowadays. You are limited to what you can say or shout, can't stand, annoy parents of kids with swearing and genuinely a far cry from the game they fell in love in the 80s.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #49 on: January 3, 2013, 12:15:34 pm »
I can't criticise to much cos I sit in the Centenary Stand on the 18 yard line Anny Rd end, give the Kop is the catalyst for singing all around the ground, it was as quiet as a mouse last night ( from where I sit ) I do have mates who sit in there who say the singing was non stop and dead loud.

The only time the whole stadium unites is the stand up for the 96 chant that seems to start every game now.

Day trippers on a night game seem to be less than a Saturday game, agree with a previous comment about core support, unfortunately I can't see that happening, they are after every single penny they can fleece out of the day trippers, so the more opportunities to provide for them, the more opportunities to fleece them

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #50 on: January 3, 2013, 12:23:06 pm »

German football is the way forward with how they treat fans
The German system is really different -  easy to book/get tickets, its cheap and the Ultra fans are all together and really go for it.  I went to Hertha Berlin last year with over 65,000 for a relegation battle.  It was easy to book and great day.  The fans in their Ostcurve really are mental and really back the team.  This is an Olympic Stadium but the atmosphere is excellent.   Dortmunds set-up is also amazing - one of the best.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 3, 2013, 12:31:09 pm »
The German system is really different -  easy to book/get tickets, its cheap and the Ultra fans are all together and really go for it.  I went to Hertha Berlin last year with over 65,000 for a relegation battle.  It was easy to book and great day.  The fans in their Ostcurve really are mental and really back the team.  This is an Olympic Stadium but the atmosphere is excellent.   Dortmunds set-up is also amazing - one of the best.

Getting the hardcore support together really makes a massive difference. I went to an Espanyol game last year, and even though most of the ground was not less than half full, all of the hardcore support massed behind the goal, stood up and didn't stop singing throughout.

I know we've got 304/5/6 but the size of the standing area seems to dwindle every season and the sound just doesn't travel well to the pitch.

If we could make the Kop for singers only then we could fill the rest of the ground with all the day trippers FSG want and it wouldn't matter

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #52 on: January 3, 2013, 01:10:20 pm »
I am sure someone will have mentioned it, but the atmosphere was actually dire last night.

Could hear a pin drop half of the time, with only the kop singing, and even then only when we got going really.

Some whoppers sat behind me in the main stand just taking the piss out of our own players (specifically Hendo and Downing), even though they had good games. That kind of stuff doesn't help. Let alone the "you're not signing anymore" chant.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #53 on: January 3, 2013, 01:13:07 pm »
I thought they were the biggest shower of wankers to come here all season. More interested in singing all the stereo-typical bullshit about scousers (and Suarez). Haven't heard that 'you stole our stereo' one for about 10 years. And singing about your rivals being 2-1 down when you're getting stuffed 3-0. Fucking knobs.

The signing about Everton winning 2-1 was likely both a shot at us, and Newcastle, but I thought it was particularly small time.

To their credit they kept signing even when getting a pasting, but as you say, half of it was stereoptypical bollocks about us rather than their own team.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #54 on: January 3, 2013, 01:14:36 pm »
What I meant was, it was nice banter.  When Fulham came their fans, like their team just rolled over.  I enjoy it when the oppo fans are singing and we hit back.  As long as the songs aren't ones about Hillsborough etc it's all fine.  When they sang about Everton being 2-1 up and we sang back that they were 3-0 down.  Classic!

Don't know where you're from mate but as soon as I hear songs about stereo's being nicked and 'sign on' it stops being banter and they become fucking pricks, as was the case last night.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 3, 2013, 01:23:12 pm »
I've watched most of the games this season on the TV it has to be said, and 9 times out of 10 I've been very disappointed with the atmosphere. I can't stand it when you get people around you moaning about the players, like it makes them some sort of expert or something. I can only imagine the ground is starting to fill up with these people.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #56 on: January 3, 2013, 01:24:21 pm »
This post may be a bit long, and is essentially just me rambling on a trail of thought, but sod it.

In a nutshell, every single club has the same issue as us with atmosphere. 99% of the time the away fans outsing the home fans. Supporters from all clubs need to unite to create ideas and proposals to improve atmospheres all round the country if there is going to be a change.

The only place I've been where the home fans have sounded loud throughout the game is Swansea. As those who have been will know, their 'singing section' is the corner just to the left of the away end. I think there's two reasons why they sounded loud: they were next to the away end and next to the pitch. I can't say if that corner would have sounded so loud from the opposite end of the ground, but I doubt it. Also Swansea have a smaller ground than us (20k), and as such effectively only have one small tier. That little corner is probably around 2-3k supporters. You give Swansea a home game at Anfield and stick them in the 300's and suddenly they won't seem so loud.

Unfortunately, whilst all the suggestions in here are valid, I doubt that any will be implemented. Moving the RTK block to the front will mean that the entire Kop has to stand to see the match. We don't have 12k supporters that wish to stand every game so that will be a no-goer.

Lowering ticket prices is another suggestion. Football and the club within it are a business. A business is run to make profit. We sell out most home games at roughly £45 a ticket. If you think our American owners are going to lower prices when according to business logic they should be increasing them I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree.

That being said, there is a way to lower ticket prices naturally. If clubs cut down on touting then there would be less demand for tickets, meaning that prices may be lowered. If you take 10 seconds to google ‘Liverpool tickets’ you’ll find numerous agencies selling tickets at well above face value. You stop these people from accessing tickets and it’ll be easier for proper fans to get them, and potentially at a lower price. Whist typing that paragraph the cynic in me realised that it may actually be in the club’s interest to keep touts buying tickets, as for them it is more demand.

I can only think of one viable way things may be improved, and to be honest it probably isn't viable and wouldn't improve things very much. The RTK section could be moved to one side of the Kop i.e. 108/208 + 107/207 (depending on how many seats are needed) and then bring the dad & lad section back to 306. There is nobody behind 202/203 so standing wouldn't be an issue, and it's nearer the pitch. The kids coming through would get their education from the Kop as opposed to the away fans/lower Annie/MX and would hopefully learn the traditions of our club and ensure that they are continued when they take the lead in years to come.

The main problem I can see with my proposal is shifting ST’s around who have probably been in the same seat for years. Whilst I’d like to think they would be happy to move in order to see the atmosphere improve, reality is they wouldn’t. Someone said above we have an older crowd than most in the league, and based on the people around me (all ST’s on the Kop) I think that’s probably true.

Older ST’s on the Kop probably do contribute to the problem I think. 20 years ago they may have stood and sung every week, but nowadays they don’t want to. There’s nothing wrong with that at all, they’ve done their bit. However by still sitting on the Kop they are preventing the atmosphere from being as good as it could be. If they were to move to the sides of the pitch, and get the stragglers from the other three stands who wish to sing on to the Kop, things might improve. I understand why these fellas wish to stay on the Kop, and to be honest they’ve got more right to be there than anyone else, but in terms of atmosphere I think they’re having a negative impact. This is a general statement, as obviously not all people aged 50+ sit on the Kop in silence, I’m just going by my own experiences and from what others have said on here.

Even with my proposal the atmosphere still wouldn't travel to the other side of the Kop, but unfortunately we probably only have around 2-3k fans that want to stand and sing every game, so it's more a case of putting them in the best possible position to make the atmosphere seem louder and to attempt to encourage other supporters to join in.

Football is an attraction for everyone now, in the same way the theatre is. Sarcastically comparisons are often made between the two when people are discussing atmosphere, but they actually attract a very similar type of person nowadays. A football game is no longer a weekend release for the working class man, it is a day out for a family.

RAWK and other forums/social media platforms are not a true representation of our fanbase. Reading through threads like this one you would assume that everyone is in the same boat i.e. we all want to stand and sing. Sadly most people at the match, even on the Kop, don't.

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
« Reply #57 on: January 3, 2013, 01:25:26 pm »
Don't know where you're from mate but as soon as I hear songs about stereo's being nicked and 'sign on' it stops being banter and they become fucking pricks, as was the case last night.
I don't mind it. Best way is to respond with humour.

If they are singing about nicked stereos, reply with something along the lines of
"Hope you brought your iPods" (tune of there's only one name name)
"We don't do cassettes, we don't do cassetteeees, we're classy Scousers, we don't do cassettes." (Tune of we do what we want)

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 3, 2013, 01:29:06 pm »
Was watching the game in HD Live and if im honest, the crowd sounded a little flat until we scored the goals then it was good, then died out and the usual anfield road came and Suarez songs.

Same old anfield right now, will take awhile to get back to normal but we'll get there.

Back to normal? It is normal. This is anfield as I've known it ever since I started going to the game (mid 90s). Winning every game 6-0 won't change it. If it was easier & cheaper for under 21s to get tickets and for mates to sit together then it'd improve but it won't happen anytime soon and in that respect will only continue to get harder.

For what it's worth, on the tele, 2nd half didn't sound terrible for a midweek game after christmas. 
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 3, 2013, 01:33:26 pm »
What I meant was, it was nice banter.  When Fulham came their fans, like their team just rolled over.  I enjoy it when the oppo fans are singing and we hit back.  As long as the songs aren't ones about Hillsborough etc it's all fine.  When they sang about Everton being 2-1 up and we sang back that they were 3-0 down.  Classic!
I don't regard people singing about others supposedly not having a job as "nice banter", especially when you consider the devastating impact being unemployed can have on a person's life. The arrogance is staggering, and even more alarming when you consider that it's coming from people who live in an area which was also hit hard by Thatcher's Government in the eighties.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 3, 2013, 01:34:15 pm »

If they are singing about nicked stereos, reply with something along the lines of
"We don't do cassettes, we don't do cassetteeees, we're classy Scousers, we don't do cassettes." (Tune of we do what we want)

Seriously?

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
« Reply #61 on: January 3, 2013, 01:37:50 pm »
« Last Edit: January 3, 2013, 01:41:11 pm by Caligula_10 »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 3, 2013, 01:41:45 pm »
LFC can start by fucking off everything inside the grounds concourse except the bar and bookies.

Hot dogs, Cartons of coke, Wanker Hats, Fans with cameras and especially cameras with the zoom lenses (I'll accept people taking the odd snap from their mobile). But what i have seen sprouting up now really grates on me and shows what footy has become is the little stands selling pasta based meals. Fucking pasta meals at a football match. The prawn sandwich brigade have moved from the executive suite at Old Trafford and have now infiltrated the regular concourses of many stadiums.  Where once there was a pie and a pint now there is a linguini salad and large carton of coke.

Was in the Anny rd last night and the Sunderland Muppet's were singing the classic "your support is fucking shit". Not very original but very true although as away fans go they weren't that loud. At one point i swear it was that quiet from both sets of fans I could hear a bloke on his mobile a few rows back. Worst home game atmosphere i can ever remember at Anfield and Ive been going for years.

At one point during a prolonged bout of silence i was praying for someone with more bottle than me to just stand up and start belting out a song. Where have the usual lads gone who used to get the chants going? Always remember the same voice every week starting the chants. He must have got fed up with it all.

Getting the hardcore support together really makes a massive difference.

Totally agree. At the Swansea game the other week, i was actually jealous of the noise the home fans were making. Most of it coming from that section to the left of where we were sat. Really loud and sounded impressive.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 3, 2013, 01:44:03 pm »

I'm so glad this doesn't happen.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 3, 2013, 01:47:46 pm »
LFC can start by fucking off everything inside the grounds concourse except the bar and bookies.

Hot dogs, Cartons of coke, Wanker Hats, Fans with cameras and especially cameras with the zoom lenses (I'll accept people taking the odd snap from their mobile). But what i have seen sprouting up now really grates on me and shows what footy has become is the little stands selling pasta based meals. Fucking pasta meals at a football match. The prawn sandwich brigade have moved from the executive suite at Old Trafford and have now infiltrated the regular concourses of many stadiums.  Where once there was a pie and a pint now there is a linguini salad and large carton of coke.

They have a pasta stand at the back of the 300 blocks. I don't think I've ever seen any pasta being sold or eaten.

I doubt the club will ever do anything to improve this. A ground full of money spending daytrippers is in their interest.

I think a good compromise would be to keep daytrippers out of the Kop. How can a stand be intimidating when its half full of fools in silly hats taking photos?

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 3, 2013, 01:48:26 pm »
What is your suggestion?

I don't have one. Not sure why you feel we need to respond with 'humour'. What would you do if someone you didn't know walked up to you and mocked a family member? Would you crack a joke to show what a good egg you were?
 They are fucking wankers and should be treated as such. Think about it.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 3, 2013, 01:52:05 pm »
Stoke fans, as cuntish as they are, made one hell of a racket against us last week. Against Fulham, even the commentator said something like "considering they're 3-0 up, the atmosphere is very subdued at Anfield tonight."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 3, 2013, 01:52:14 pm »

Sing either of these at the Norwich game mate and i suspect one of 3 things will happen:

1. The Norwich hooligan (if they bring one) will leather you.
2. The bloke sat next to you will leather you.
3. (the most likely) The St Johns ambulance fella's will cart you straight off to Ashworth.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 3, 2013, 01:54:59 pm »
My friend swears that is a camera shutter firing and it's too near the mics.  If a photographer had a high speed shutter near a field mic it would be annoying. 

It's not, some lad in the main stand had one of those things behind me last night. Annoying as fuck.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 3, 2013, 01:58:17 pm »
I'm not sure the "if it was cheaper argument" is bullet proof.

Europa League tickets were £17, Bundesliga type prices, and the atmosphere was not great.
No time for caution.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 3, 2013, 02:06:13 pm »
I'm not sure the "if it was cheaper argument" is bullet proof.

Europa League tickets were £17, Bundesliga type prices, and the atmosphere was not great.

That's because once you stop going you stop going to everything pretty much, you break the habit.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 3, 2013, 02:08:07 pm »
Sing either of these at the Norwich game mate and i suspect one of 3 things will happen:

1. The Norwich hooligan (if they bring one) will leather you.
2. The bloke sat next to you will leather you.
3. (the most likely) The St Johns ambulance fella's will cart you straight off to Ashworth.

What an complete load of shite yous are both talking.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 3, 2013, 02:09:34 pm »
What an complete load of shite yous are both talking.

I was joking but i don't think he was

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 3, 2013, 02:17:27 pm »
A lot of decent reds I know fucked off the game in the early 90s. The others I know have more or less stopped over the last 3 years. The cost, shite owners and a poor team are small reasons but the main reason is that it's crap going nowadays. You are limited to what you can say or shout, can't stand, annoy parents of kids with swearing and genuinely a far cry from the game they fell in love in the 80s.

THIS

I'd say most I know who you would want in the ground stopped going about 5 years or more. Once you stop going you don't just suddenly go back either.
The tickets are terrible nothing for young people, it needs to be much cheaper for 16,17,18 and 19 year olds to get in, once they're hooked at that age they will carry on into there 20's and 30's at full price as they have more money. I'd say the club need to attract this age group. Keep back a few thousand tickets that can be bought on the day of the game for every game apart from the big games.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: January 3, 2013, 02:18:03 pm »
The atmosphere has been pretty poor all season, I would say the Man City game was the only good one.
people talk about day trippers but I would say they are not the real problem the central spine of the kop104 / 105, 204, 205 are all season ticket holders and where I have been able to sit this year in 203 due to getting the in the early members sale most people must have been to 13 games last season.

Unless there is a real problem with people passing tickets on and only turning up themselves for the big games.

The stewards have really cracked down on standing in the last few seasons, now ever game as soon as the singing stops they are getting people to sit down even the very last rows in 202, 203 they will come up and tell people to sit down.

The noise from 306 does not spread well even in other parts at the sides of the kop but there is not really anywhere else to move the singingseaction to,

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 3, 2013, 02:18:59 pm »
im not sure how to improve it.Ive heard some good ideas in previous threads about possible solutions.Whatever happened to RTK? did anything much come of it? education is the way forward.But then i dont think it is the younger fans who are the only part of the problem.You can say what you want about daytrippers,ive been next to a fair few in the kop and theyve always sang their hearts out,at least the ones i know,so it isnt a casse of getting the kop back full of locals.theres plenty of locals on the kop who dont sing,sit down all game etc...Short of actualy giving out instructions about kop etiquette and letting people know the situation prior to entering ive no idea what to do.Its a shame.I look at past nights on the kop,even when its ben all seated and theres been some belters,again for big games only though.Its a bit of a myth that the kop was bouncing every game, even when standing,it wasnt.Still thats no escuse for the atmosphere we witness before us at present.SOmething needs to be done and fast.I look at teams across the country and it is a countrywide issue.Sems to me the more shit your club is the better the atmosphere,stoke was loud for example.I dunno.I watch in envy at games on the continent and wish we could get something similar going here.Unfortunately a lot of them have like a ring leader at the front etc which wouldnt go down well here
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Cato

• nine tails
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We got the Truth, then Justice. Now Accountability
« Reply #76 on: January 3, 2013, 02:21:12 pm »
It's not, some lad in the main stand had one of those things behind me last night. Annoying as fuck.

Is right. I'm in the centre of the main stand and the feller with the rattle is in front of me, but much lower down (I'm in row 30) I'd guess the back of the paddock.
We kept believing and Justice is served.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #77 on: January 3, 2013, 02:43:30 pm »
Sounded decent on the tele tonight, but I despise that rattle thing someone keeps on bringing. It's like a Scouse vuvuzela, should be binned or banned. All random too.

Exciting day this, hopefully the positivity and a few more good performances rubs off on the atmosphere.

Was this him?
[/quote

Him ??? in my day the whole crowd were him
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 3, 2013, 02:49:54 pm »
Is it just me or do our away fans make more noise than all of An field? For the QPR game you would've thought it was our home game given the noise generated,  yet it sounded like Sunderland made more noise yesterday.

Offline Stout

• Main Stander
« Reply #79 on: January 3, 2013, 02:50:38 pm »
Was this him?

I've always wondered where that noise was coming from.   You always hear it during opposing goal kicks.   Annoying on tv...likely even more for those sitting in his section.