Author Topic: Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool - POST MATCH CELEBRATIONS  (Read 184800 times)

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool - POST MATCH CELEBRATIONS
« Reply #1520 on: March 15, 2009, 12:03:00 am »
I don't get RedCafe, I really don't. None of them seem remotely disappoined that they just got twatted 4-1 at home by their most hated rivals. Most of them see it as a "kick up the arse, which we needed" ('twas a kick up the arse alright, but don't think they needed it), or even a "good thing in disguise". I was fucking gutted after last year. To upset really to see it as anything other than humiliating. Much of the old "they were ordinary, it's just that we were really shite" too ::)

It reminds me of when we ended chelsea's home game run earlier in the year, there were loads of their fans saying "oh it's a good thing, it takes away the pressure." I remember one fella in particular on 606 saying "that 86 game unbeaten run was a real millstone around our necks" and Alan Green just started laughing. To be fair, i guess it's just a "glass half full" way of thinking

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #1521 on: March 15, 2009, 12:03:13 am »
I don't get RedCafe, I really don't. None of them seem remotely disappoined that they just got twatted 4-1 at home by their most hated rivals. Most of them see it as a "kick up the arse, which we needed" ('twas a kick up the arse alright, but don't think they needed it), or even a "good thing in disguise". I was fucking gutted after last year. To upset really to see it as anything other than humiliating. Much of the old "they were ordinary, it's just that we were really shite" too ::)

Without sounding too condascending, they dont care as much as we do. Maybe thats our problem. I know a fair few United fans, and none of them really take it hard when they lose. They get their Ronaldo shirts on for the game, sing a few Liverpool songs, then win or lose it dont make a difference. When we lose I get an absolute rage on for about a day, to anyone. When we lose to the scum, make it about a week. I used to cry when I was younger and we lost.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline eel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1522 on: March 15, 2009, 12:03:37 am »
http://www.justin.tv/baftas

Streaam of the match being played. Still 0-0...actually pen just given to them!

haha quality :)

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1523 on: March 15, 2009, 12:03:37 am »
Four main points today:

1). Vidic is now suspended for 3 games - a big loss for them, hopefully teams will be able to capitalize on this.

2). We've put a statement down, other teams will hopefully now not fear Utd. They usually lose 4-5 games a season, you never know.

3). Our boys are developing the stomach for big occassions and the squad is showing great togetherness.

4). 4-1 ;D

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1524 on: March 15, 2009, 12:05:10 am »
What i love about this most of all is ....

We have come from behind twice against these twats,surely that must have some psychological effect on this shower of shit?

Unbeaten when ronaldos scored

Unbeaten(not dropped any points since new year) in 11 prem games

2 goals conceded in 15 games ? we score 4

Biggest Home defeat since 92

;D

Offline Kyle Soprano

• Doing his BTEC Sports Science but still knows fuck all
  • Legacy Fan
  • You & I Are Gonna Live Forever
« Reply #1525 on: March 15, 2009, 12:06:12 am »
Four main points today:

1). Vidic is now suspended for 3 games - a big loss for them, hopefully teams will be able to capitalize on this.

2). We've put a statement down, other teams will hopefully now not fear Utd. They usually lose 4-5 games a season, you never know.

3). Our boys are developing the stomach for big occassions and the squad is showing great togetherness.

4). 4-1 ;D

It cant get better at the minute class week.
I only drink on special occasions. Like Fridays and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday. Sometimes even Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Never Thursday. Well, every so often maybe a Thursday.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1526 on: March 15, 2009, 12:06:18 am »
Without sounding too condascending, they dont care as much as we do. Maybe thats our problem. I know a fair few United fans, and none of them really take it hard when they lose. They get their Ronaldo shirts on for the game, sing a few Liverpool songs, then win or lose it dont make a difference. When we lose I get an absolute rage on for about a day, to anyone. When we lose to the scum, make it about a week. I used to cry when I was younger and we lost.

So did I, though these days Im just all quiet when we lose...

Today you couldnt keep the smile off my face, tho I almost cried too...
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: March 15, 2009, 12:08:53 am »
I don't get RedCafe, I really don't. None of them seem remotely disappoined that they just got twatted 4-1 at home by their most hated rivals. Most of them see it as a "kick up the arse, which we needed" ('twas a kick up the arse alright, but don't think they needed it), or even a "good thing in disguise". I was fucking gutted after last year. Too upset really to see it as anything other than what it was: horrible and humiliating. Much of the old "they were ordinary, it's just that we were really shite" too ::)

Any, fuck 'em.

To be fair, if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd say the same thing and it'd be true. The fact is, the title is still their's to lose- 4 points, probably 7. All we've done now is seriously send out a message- a) to the Mancs saying we're right here behind them waiting for them to slip up and b) to the rest of the league- this lot aren't invincible so stop being a bunch of fucking fannies and play football instead of exposing your arses for indecent sexual assault.

Psychologically, we've turned it upside down. And for me, that's massively significant- I've been saying for the last 2 seasons that we've not won the league because of our mentality as a team, whereas the Mancs ooze the winning mentality. I see no significant quality difference. The Mancs are better than us in attack, probably. But, we're good enough in physical quality. What we've done now is bring down their mask of invincibility by thrashing them at home. The media love it because they're getting an exciting end to the title race- so they're playing it right up. I expect us to keep on winning, the media to keep on playing us up and the other teams that play the Mancs to go for it a bit more with more belief.

If they win after this test, they deserve it in my opinion as it'll be some test for them now.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #1528 on: March 15, 2009, 12:09:02 am »
So did I, though these days Im just all quiet when we lose...

Today you couldnt keep the smile off my face, tho I almost cried too...

Aye, singing YNWA in the pub after and I got like a milisecond of 'I might cry a bit'.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline Hoodfella

• Attention seeker. ENT Speciallist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Strictly Morrocan Hashish - No Skunk here son!
    • TRIGGS VEGA
« Reply #1529 on: March 15, 2009, 12:09:46 am »
Was it an intentional 'five hand salute' by Nando to the Utd spectators after the first goal, or was more of a wave to the fans?
If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. 

Plato o Plomo - Pablo Escobar.

Hashish is both the cause of and solution to all of my problems!

Offline 5Goldstars

• Main Stander
  • ........Make that 6 Gold Stars
« Reply #1530 on: March 15, 2009, 12:09:56 am »
Great Result..............but wont mean shit if we dont beat the easy team's
Liverpool fc, bastion of invincibility

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: March 15, 2009, 12:11:39 am »

Vidic is suspended for 2 games, 1 for the red card for a professional foul and an extra game as it's his 2nd red of the season.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1532 on: March 15, 2009, 12:12:07 am »
LMFAO at this from the Telegraph(I've bookmarked it, cause its just hilarious and will make for inspired reading in future):

Rout of Manchester United has Rafael Benítez 'cracking up' with laughter
The analysis of the denizens of the Old Trafford stands is a succinct one.

By Jim White at Old Trafford
Last Updated: 8:10PM GMT 14 Mar 2009
Rout of Manchester United has Rafael Benítez 'cracking up' with laughter

Tormented: Fernando Torres (right) gave Nemanja Vidic an hellish afternoon Photo: GETTY IMAGES

"Rafa's cracking up," they sing of Liverpool's manager. And after this the amateur psychologists might have a point. After watching his team score eight times in five days against football's two most storied opponents, even the notoriously controlled Señor Benítez will be cracking up, with joyous laughter.

The manager's instruction to his Liverpool team would have been simple enough: play like you did on Tuesday and you can beat anyone. And so they did. After Real Madrid another seemingly impregnable European institution fell to Benítez's newly rampant team: Manchester United's Old Trafford record.

With victory, reckoned the visiting captain, came the possibility that others might do Liverpool favours. "It's not very often you see Man United get beat 4-1 at home," said Steven Gerrard. "I hope this gives other teams that come to Old Trafford the belief that United can be beaten."

United weren't just beaten here. They were outsmarted, outmuscled, outpaced, subjected to the kind of rout they routinely inflict on the rest of the Premier League. When Andrea Dossena chipped Edwin van der Sar to score the visitor's fourth in injury time, United's fortress echoed to the clack of emptying seats, a noise that almost drowned out the delirious cackle emanating from the Liverpool followers of "we want five".

Benítez was in his element, standing on the edge of his technical area, yelling instruction at whoever came within earshot. He even permitted himself a brief moment to applaud Dossena's goal, before he pointed at Gerrard, then pointed at his temple. The message was simple: think, think and think again.

But for all his cerebral input, frankly, in the shape his main striker is in, his team needs no more instruction than to waft the ball in Fernando Torres's direction. He will do the rest. That was precisely what happened when, with United leading from a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty, Fabio Aurelio sent a aimless punt out of the Liverpool defence.

Who would have thought such a tactic would so discomfort Nemanja Vidic? But there was the solid Serbian resembling a 10-year-old cricketer under a steepled chance in the outfield. And as he dawdled, Torres, bearing down on him with the same pace and purpose he had unleashed on Madrid, pounced.

With the single most muscular presence in the Premier League left floundering like a freshly-landed cod, Torres advanced to score. Never mind Rafa's complicated semaphore, this was route one at its most effective.

Then it happened again. A defence unbreached for longer than a Peaches Geldof marriage faltered for a second time. Patrice Evra, doing his best not to make Vidic feel alone in his error-strewn work, idled on a through-ball.

Gerrard, following Torres's lead, arrived on his heels at pace to nip the ball away. All the Frenchman could do was waft a leg in his direction and bring him down. It was a collector's item: a penalty conceded in the Premier League by Manchester United at Old Trafford, something that has not happened since Wayne Rooney was a teenager, doing his bit to help the Merseyside aged.

But Gerrard was not phased by its rarity and was quickly expanding his usual badge-kissing celebration to take in a smacker on the television camera lens.

That, though, was not the end of United misery. Even as Mr. Ferguson tried to sort things out by sending on Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Dimitar Berbatov, Vidic's afternoon reached its nadir.

Gerrard whipped past him before being wrestled to the ground in a manner that would not look out of place at Twickenham this afternoon. Such was the level of his shame, the big defender dashed off the moment Alan Wiley showed him the red card. He ran for the dressing room at a pace which suggested he was worried Torres would get there first.

The scale of his folly was exposed when, with United expecting Gerrard to strike, Aurelio curled in the resulting free-kick past a flat-footed Van der Sar.

United might put this down simply as a bad day at the office. But you imagine as the season reaches its climactic rush they – and Vidic in particular – will be desperate that the Champions League draw spares them an early reacquaintance with Torres. Suddenly there appears to be a major Spanish obstruction in the way of that quintuple.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:16:31 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1533 on: March 15, 2009, 12:12:33 am »
Great Result..............but wont mean shit if we dont beat the easy team's
It already doesn't mean shit in one sense, because Utd are going to win the league and we drew at home to Stoke, West Ham, Fulham, Hull and Man City.

But, we beat Utd 4-1 on their own patch today, so let's just enjoy it, and then focus on making the gap as small as possible.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1534 on: March 15, 2009, 12:14:20 am »
Fulham won 3-1, their first away win of the season. Let's hope it's an omen for their game at Old Trafford.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1535 on: March 15, 2009, 12:15:31 am »
Fulham won 3-1, their first away win of the season. Let's hope it's an omen for their game at Old Trafford.

Craven Cottage.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1536 on: March 15, 2009, 12:15:32 am »
Every time i see that gerrard pen and run to the camera,and see him kiss it...

I lean forward to kiss him back(fucking fruity i know) just cant help it ;D

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1537 on: March 15, 2009, 12:16:09 am »
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1538 on: March 15, 2009, 12:16:30 am »

^^^ Why look at their message boards, lads?

Why? When we can look at pictures of a half empty Old Trafford, and every Manc remainder in the pantomine theatre of bad dreams a facial reproduction of Edward Munch's The Scream?

Getty Images : Old Trafford, Manchester, Saturday March 14th 2009, 14:27 hrs

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #1539 on: March 15, 2009, 12:16:33 am »

Wait a sec.

I thought Fulham played there already?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1540 on: March 15, 2009, 12:17:24 am »
LMFAO at this from the Telegraph(I've bookmarked it, cause its just hilarious and will make for inspired reading in future):

Have to say that report just says it all.

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: March 15, 2009, 12:17:43 am »
Oh, okay.

Which is much better actually.

Take a look at Fulham's home record.

COME ON SPUD, you legend. I bet today fired you up! You own the keys to the Toilet. Come on Spud. One for old mates' sake. Come on Spud.

:scarf

Offline millsymate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1542 on: March 15, 2009, 12:18:10 am »
Haha how many on here went ?  :D

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: March 15, 2009, 12:18:17 am »
Wait a sec.

I thought Fulham played there already?

It's an away game at craven cottage surely?

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #1544 on: March 15, 2009, 12:19:24 am »
Can I just say. Well done Wiley. Well fucking done.

What a refreshing change to have competent, fair refereeing in a game against those cunts. He could have bottled the stonewall penalty, and he could have taken the coward's option and given a yellow to Vidic, but he did his job and held his nerve and thank fuck he did.
It is most odd.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1545 on: March 15, 2009, 12:19:34 am »
^^^ Why look at their message boards, lads?
Yup,find it pathetic to be honest.cracking win and you want to spend your time reading what the mancs are saying ???

:butt couldnt give a fuck about their fucking opinion

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1546 on: March 15, 2009, 12:20:18 am »
Yup,find it pathetic to be honest.cracking win and you want to spend your time reading what the mancs are saying ???

Its taking me this long to read ours (but then I have left the house today ;D)
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline starlightshadow

• fickle f*cker
  • Kopite
« Reply #1547 on: March 15, 2009, 12:20:58 am »
To be fair, if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd say the same thing and it'd be true. The fact is, the title is still their's to lose- 4 points, probably 7. All we've done now is seriously send out a message- a) to the Mancs saying we're right here behind them waiting for them to slip up and b) to the rest of the league- this lot aren't invincible so stop being a bunch of fucking fannies and play football instead of exposing your arses for indecent sexual assault.

Psychologically, we've turned it upside down. And for me, that's massively significant- I've been saying for the last 2 seasons that we've not won the league because of our mentality as a team, whereas the Mancs ooze the winning mentality. I see no significant quality difference. The Mancs are better than us in attack, probably. But, we're good enough in physical quality. What we've done now is bring down their mask of invincibility by thrashing them at home. The media love it because they're getting an exciting end to the title race- so they're playing it right up. I expect us to keep on winning, the media to keep on playing us up and the other teams that play the Mancs to go for it a bit more with more belief.

If they win after this test, they deserve it in my opinion as it'll be some test for them now.

Would you not just say, "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! 4-1, bloody humiliating, I feel terrible right now :-[". That's what I'd do. It takes some balls to come out after that and say, "this was really a blessing in disguise."

I agree though that a) we've sent out a strong message and b) that it is still theirs to lose. It'l make it a bit harder for them now though. The task is not as comfortable anymore. Slip up twice and suddenly there are looking at only a one point advantage.

Well it varies really, but if you're talking about their support as a whole I agree.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:23:24 am by starlightshadow »
JFT96

'I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.'

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1548 on: March 15, 2009, 12:21:05 am »
Its taking me this long to read ours (but then I have left the house today ;D)
;D

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: March 15, 2009, 12:21:40 am »

To be fair, it's a good read after a game like today's. Their Istanbul thread was classic. Talk about premature ejaculation :lmao

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1550 on: March 15, 2009, 12:22:35 am »
Huge shout for Sami Hyypiä. Cool head in the trenches.
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline thredworm

• Makes mods cry.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Stop ze cock jokes!"
  • Super Title: Might be a bit thick if trying to agitate mods.
« Reply #1551 on: March 15, 2009, 12:22:42 am »
Good evening all,

I'd like to just quickly share with you my story of today. I've had a little bit to drink so please excuse any typo's along the way.

6.34am - I get a call from a friend of mine who I haven't seen for about 6-8 months. He's a guy I used to work with and just so happens to be a Man Utd fan. He wakes me up with this call and as I see the name on my mobile I'm wondering just what the fuck he's doing.
As it turns out, he's got tickets for today's game and has had a cancellation, and now he's not been able to get anyone to buy the spare ticket. So he then asks me the most stupid question of all time, "Would you be up for coming to the game today?"

He tells me that I wouldn't have to pay for it, it's just going to go to waste, and that everyone else has had to work or just hasn't answered their phone. I literally jumped out of my bed. "Damn fucking right I'm up for it!" I shout down the phone at him. He tells me to stick some clothes on and he'll be over within the next hour. Fucking hell!! I'm going to the game! A quick shower, a shave, some brekkie, and sure enough within the next hour he picks me up, along with three other mancs.

The entire journey is about pick on the pool fan. It's just mind-boggling the shite they come out with, but I'm happy enough to just be there, so I put up with the shite for the journey, knowing full well that I'm about to go to Old Trafford for the first time ever and have to stand in amongst a shower of these fuckers for the next couple of hours.

We get there and we're a little early, so it's a quick pint in some shithole near the ground. Didn't see what it was called, but it's basically ALL mancs and a couple of Manchester City supporters. I was shitting myself at this point. Like a prick I stuck my Liverpool shirt on before I went to the game, out of habbit mainly, and now here I am in a manc pub with my coat done right up to the neck! My mate ribs me a little bit nice and loud "it's a bit warm in here, why don't you take your jacket off?" so everyone keeps looking at me oddly. Absolutely shitting it now. I drank my pint nice and quick and now we're walking to the stadium.

We get in there (jacket still done right up) and I'm about 4 rows from the front, camera side right of the dugout. A fair few families around so I start to feel a little safer in this pretty horrific environment. I also started to think that because there were a few families about and lots of kids that there's little chance of any sick chants coming up from where I am. Which is just aswell because I don't know what I would have done if there were.

The game starts, cue loads of shite songs about us, about Gerrard, about Rafa, about Carra, over and over. Pretty deafening, but at the same time you just sit there looking over at the Liverpool fans and thinking "Fuck, I wish I was over there!", and wondering when this shower you're sat with will actually sing anything about their side.

Anyway, we start well and I'm enjoying it, smiling from ear to ear at that little turn Torres did when he should have had a shot on his left. Lots of shite spouted around me at that point. "Torres wouldn't make it here anyway", "It's a good turn but nothing Rooney can't do", etc. etc. Then comes the penalty. They all jump up and get all excited. Ronaldo scores and there's the shite "Viva Ronaldo" song. I feel gutted because we were well on top at that point.

Then, moments later, a ball over the top and nobody reacts because they're expecting Vidic to deal with it. I almost, ALMOST, yelled out in excitement when I saw Torres running on to it. I just knew he was going to get to it. He takes a touch and then BANG! 1-1.
I struggle to hold back my emotions, I'm absolutely over the fucking moon and I have to sit there and not do anything. Heads in hands all around me, my mate gives me a quick look to see what I'm doing. "Fuck's sake" I whisper, a smirk barely restrained.

Back and forth it goes for the next 10 minutes or so, and then all of a sudden Gerrard breaks into the box and is fouled for the penalty. "PENALTY!" I shout, as you do, and then have to follow it up quickly with another "For fucks sake!!", all the while almost wetting my pants with excitement. I stand there shaking as Gerrard runs up and smashes it home. Despair all around me, heads in hands. Silence.

Half-time comes and I nip to the toilets. I go straight into a cubicle and punch the air several times, absolutely fucking made up. Outside the mancs are all absolutely furious, moaning all the while about this that and everything. When I came out of the bogs I had no fucking clue how I just got there, so I'm looking around and luckily see my mate getting something to eat. Thank fuck for that.

Anyway, second half, we have to put up with lots and lots of pressure, and I have to stomach looking like I'm excited as Utd attack. Trying to force back the sick in my throat. But then, after what seems like ages, a red card!!! Bye Vidic, thanks for coming!
At this point A LOT of mancs piss off. I'm talking 30-40 around me alone. I was fucking gobsmacked. 20+ minutes to go and you're leaving?!? What the fuck? But I didn't care. I suddenly have more space and for the first time that day I slowly start to unzip my jacket.

3-1, 4-1. The crowd has gone. The songs have stopped. The mancs are fucked. And my jacket is off. At this point I was so fucking high I just couldn't give a shit. And the space around me was unreal. Nobody within 10 seats in any direction (other than my mate and his manc twats). Absolutely fucking bliss. A Liverpool fan, feet up, shirt on, at their shithole, 4-1 up, beaming from ear to ear, proud as fucking punch, and not a care in the world.

The final whistle goes and I can't contain myself any longer. I stand up, I applaud. A few mancs look at me as if I've just taken a shit in their coffee, but I just didn't give a fuck. One of them called me a scouse c*nt, I just didn't give a fuck. One of them told me to "cover up that shite" I just didn't give a fuck. My team had just almost made me cry with one of the greatest results I've seen in my lifetime. I wanted to beat the fuck out of every manc I could see just to do my part.

It. Was. Fucking. Awesome.

Get back to the car, sullen faces everywhere. More abuse from them lot as I walk along with the biggest grin on my face ever. And guess what? A strangely quiet journey home. No piss-taking, no scouse jokes, no singing, just a lot of silence interspersed with the odd moan or two. But nothing else.

Oh, I tell a lie, there was a little bit of noise when I wound the window down and started singing Fields Of Anfield Road at the top of my voice past all the cars full of mancs. Fucking brilliant!

Get the fuck in.
"We were looking for them to suffer from the very first minute, and they have suffered until the 90th minute."
Rafa Benitez on Real Madrid, 10th March 2009. Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1552 on: March 15, 2009, 12:24:31 am »
Let's enjoy the win.

And let's not underestimate the importance of our win. We're alive in the title race to begin with, but even more important is that we've sent a real message. It's important for this season and it's important for the future. If we can go there and score 4, we can do anything. We know it. They know it. Everyone knows it.

If anyone needed a sign to suggest we are good enough to win the title, this was it.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1553 on: March 15, 2009, 12:24:51 am »
Vidic is suspended for 2 games, 1 for the red card for a professional foul and an extra game as it's his 2nd red of the season.

I thought a red card = 3 game suspension.

My bad - don't know what cloud I've been on all these years.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1554 on: March 15, 2009, 12:26:33 am »
Great story ;D

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #1555 on: March 15, 2009, 12:26:40 am »
I liked the fact that at halftime, Sky didnt do that run along the front of the gurning & waving glory hunters, they love doing that, they did it before the kick off.

They should of shown the sour faced cocksuckers being miserable!

One of the highlights though was Aurelios freekick, behind the goal was a fan, the ball went right down his throat, while he stood hunched over with his face in his hands :D
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1556 on: March 15, 2009, 12:26:55 am »
Good evening all,

I'd like to just quickly share with you my story of today. I've had a little bit to drink so please excuse any typo's along the way.

6.34am - I get a call from a friend of mine who I haven't seen for about 6-8 months. He's a guy I used to work with and just so happens to be a Man Utd fan. He wakes me up with this call and as I see the name on my mobile I'm wondering just what the fuck he's doing.
As it turns out, he's got tickets for today's game and has had a cancellation, and now he's not been able to get anyone to buy the spare ticket. So he then asks me the most stupid question of all time, "Would you be up for coming to the game today?"

He tells me that I wouldn't have to pay for it, it's just going to go to waste, and that everyone else has had to work or just hasn't answered their phone. I literally jumped out of my bed. "Damn fucking right I'm up for it!" I shout down the phone at him. He tells me to stick some clothes on and he'll be over within the next hour. Fucking hell!! I'm going to the game! A quick shower, a shave, some brekkie, and sure enough within the next hour he picks me up, along with three other mancs.

The entire journey is about pick on the pool fan. It's just mind-boggling the shite they come out with, but I'm happy enough to just be there, so I put up with the shite for the journey, knowing full well that I'm about to go to Old Trafford for the first time ever and have to stand in amongst a shower of these fuckers for the next couple of hours.

We get there and we're a little early, so it's a quick pint in some shithole near the ground. Didn't see what it was called, but it's basically ALL mancs and a couple of Manchester City supporters. I was shitting myself at this point. Like a prick I stuck my Liverpool shirt on before I went to the game, out of habbit mainly, and now here I am in a manc pub with my coat done right up to the neck! My mate ribs me a little bit nice and loud "it's a bit warm in here, why don't you take your jacket off?" so everyone keeps looking at me oddly. Absolutely shitting it now. I drank my pint nice and quick and now we're walking to the stadium.

We get in there (jacket still done right up) and I'm about 4 rows from the front, camera side right of the dugout. A fair few families around so I start to feel a little safer in this pretty horrific environment. I also started to think that because there were a few families about and lots of kids that there's little chance of any sick chants coming up from where I am. Which is just aswell because I don't know what I would have done if there were.

The game starts, cue loads of shite songs about us, about Gerrard, about Rafa, about Carra, over and over. Pretty deafening, but at the same time you just sit there looking over at the Liverpool fans and thinking "Fuck, I wish I was over there!", and wondering when this shower you're sat with will actually sing anything about their side.

Anyway, we start well and I'm enjoying it, smiling from ear to ear at that little turn Torres did when he should have had a shot on his left. Lots of shite spouted around me at that point. "Torres wouldn't make it here anyway", "It's a good turn but nothing Rooney can't do", etc. etc. Then comes the penalty. They all jump up and get all excited. Ronaldo scores and there's the shite "Viva Ronaldo" song. I feel gutted because we were well on top at that point.

Then, moments later, a ball over the top and nobody reacts because they're expecting Vidic to deal with it. I almost, ALMOST, yelled out in excitement when I saw Torres running on to it. I just knew he was going to get to it. He takes a touch and then BANG! 1-1.
I struggle to hold back my emotions, I'm absolutely over the fucking moon and I have to sit there and not do anything. Heads in hands all around me, my mate gives me a quick look to see what I'm doing. "Fuck's sake" I whisper, a smirk barely restrained.

Back and forth it goes for the next 10 minutes or so, and then all of a sudden Gerrard breaks into the box and is fouled for the penalty. "PENALTY!" I shout, as you do, and then have to follow it up quickly with another "For fucks sake!!", all the while almost wetting my pants with excitement. I stand there shaking as Gerrard runs up and smashes it home. Despair all around me, heads in hands. Silence.

Half-time comes and I nip to the toilets. I go straight into a cubicle and punch the air several times, absolutely fucking made up. Outside the mancs are all absolutely furious, moaning all the while about this that and everything. When I came out of the bogs I had no fucking clue how I just got there, so I'm looking around and luckily see my mate getting something to eat. Thank fuck for that.

Anyway, second half, we have to put up with lots and lots of pressure, and I have to stomach looking like I'm excited as Utd attack. Trying to force back the sick in my throat. But then, after what seems like ages, a red card!!! Bye Vidic, thanks for coming!
At this point A LOT of mancs piss off. I'm talking 30-40 around me alone. I was fucking gobsmacked. 20+ minutes to go and you're leaving?!? What the fuck? But I didn't care. I suddenly have more space and for the first time that day I slowly start to unzip my jacket.

3-1, 4-1. The crowd has gone. The songs have stopped. The mancs are fucked. And my jacket is off. At this point I was so fucking high I just couldn't give a shit. And the space around me was unreal. Nobody within 10 seats in any direction (other than my mate and his manc twats). Absolutely fucking bliss. A Liverpool fan, feet up, shirt on, at their shithole, 4-1 up, beaming from ear to ear, proud as fucking punch, and not a care in the world.

The final whistle goes and I can't contain myself any longer. I stand up, I applaud. A few mancs look at me as if I've just taken a shit in their coffee, but I just didn't give a fuck. One of them called me a scouse charlie uniform november tango, I just didn't give a fuck. One of them told me to "cover up that shite" I just didn't give a fuck. My team had just almost made me cry with one of the greatest results I've seen in my lifetime. I wanted to beat the fuck out of every manc I could see just to do my part.

It. Was. Fucking. Awesome.

Get back to the car, sullen faces everywhere. More abuse from them lot as I walk along with the biggest grin on my face ever. And guess what? A strangely quiet journey home. No piss-taking, no scouse jokes, no singing, just a lot of silence interspersed with the odd moan or two. But nothing else.

Oh, I tell a lie, there was a little bit of noise when I wound the window down and started singing Fields Of Anfield Road at the top of my voice past all the cars full of mancs. Fucking brilliant!

Get the fuck in.

What a brilliant story. :D
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #1557 on: March 15, 2009, 12:28:04 am »
Good evening all...

Get the fuck in.

:wellin
It is most odd.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1558 on: March 15, 2009, 12:28:21 am »
I thought a red card = 3 game suspension.

My bad - don't know what cloud I've been on all these years.

Nah as far as I know its a 1 game for a professional foul, as I remember thinkin in 2003 when Sami got sent off against these after 4 mins and we got stuffed 0-0, "fuck how we gonna even stay in the CL challenge with Sami suspended for 3 games??" but he was only banned for 1 cos it was a pro foul...

YNWA Rafa.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1559 on: March 15, 2009, 12:28:48 am »
just like to say GTFI

get the fuck in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.