Author Topic: Liverpool v Arsenal 21/12/14 Pre Match Thread  (Read 48412 times)

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool v Arsenal 21/12/14 Pre Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2014, 03:10:16 pm »
4-3 to Liverpool.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2014, 03:10:27 pm »
Does anyone else remember the party here in 2005 when we won the CL?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2014, 03:11:42 pm »
3-1 Redmen.  The season starts now.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2014, 03:12:18 pm »
Was picking the Dream Team and had a look at the Arsenal squad,they have a shit load of key players out and have no midfield,bully them and we will win.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2014, 03:17:15 pm »
Was picking the Dream Team and had a look at the Arsenal squad,they have a shit load of key players out and have no midfield,bully them and we will win.

I really really hope we start Can.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Kopite_1984

• Main Stander
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2014, 03:20:21 pm »
I really really hope we start Can.

Instead of who? The X1 that played so well against Bournemouth should play. (Lovren if injured for Sakho)

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2014, 03:20:56 pm »
Watched Brendan's press conference and he was really abrupt with his answers, like he couldn't wait to get out of there. Wonder if this is the first move in an "us against the world" type of situation where he circles the wagons and internally tries to get everyone on the same page. I hope it is because if it's not then that's a big change in his normal persona with the media and changes in character like that are usually the sign of stress.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2014, 03:21:32 pm »
Oh I am sorry, I read this as the pre-match thread to discuss the game and what I thought of our chances? Which I don't rate very highly.

I had no idea that this was the 'Pre-Match sycophancy' thread.

I have supported Liverpool for 24 years. I love the club and spend more money on them than I care to count. I am as entitled to my opinion (that Arsenal are a better side than us) as you are. You may not like it, you may disagree with it. That is your right.

I just don't get how anyone can be fearful of facing Arsenal. Yes they have some quality players and yes they can hurt us if we're not on our game. But they aren't brilliant and they aren't having a great season so far, much like us. So instead of shitting yourself and giving in, why not show a bit of faith in your own side who are more than capable of beating the likes of Arsenal on their day?

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2014, 03:23:48 pm »
Instead of who? The X1 that played so well against Bournemouth should play. (Lovren if injured for Sakho)

Lucas. Gerrard's going to start cause we're bereft of any leadership without him. Lucas and Gerrard will get a run around from Chamberlain and Cazorla. Can's got pace and drive to hurt them. Risky for sure, but Lucas-Gerrard just does not work against any decent opposition, we have tons of evidence to see that.

Offline elpistolero7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2014, 03:24:13 pm »

Oh and Sakho>>Lovren on one foot. Should be miles ahead of him in the pecking order.

Offline slw614

• Anny Roader
  • I moustache you a question but I'm shaving it
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2014, 03:27:30 pm »
That's why I said we won't see a repeat of the 5-1. But Sterling scored twice that day (as did Skrtel!) and Coutinho was instrumental in a couple of the goals, we still have them. Plus Arsenal are missing a lot of players. The point I was trying to make is that just because they've been better than us so far this season, doesn't mean we can't beat them. They are weak defensively and mentally, we will need to play well obviously but a win is quite possible.

No I agree, we can beat them. I just don't think we will. Because as you say "they are weak defensively and mentally", that counts double for us.

I just don't get how anyone can be fearful of facing Arsenal. Yes they have some quality players and yes they can hurt us if we're not on our game. But they aren't brilliant and they aren't having a great season so far, much like us. So instead of shitting yourself and giving in, why not show a bit of faith in your own side who are more than capable of beating the likes of Arsenal on their day?

I am not giving in, I just don't believe that we will beat them. They are scoring goals, we aren't, whilst we are also leaking them badly. They are not a great side. I just believe that they are better than us. A lot better.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:29:08 pm by slw614 »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2014, 03:31:42 pm »
I am not giving in, I just don't believe that we will beat them. They are scoring goals, we aren't, whilst we are also leaking them badly. They are not a great side. I just believe that they are better than us. A lot better.

You don't think we have a chance of winning. We are beaten before a ball is kicked. Therefore you have given in.

As for Arsenal being much better than us, that's your opinion, but I disagree with that as well.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2014, 03:33:27 pm »
Wenger pre-match conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRlO4VjfZaM

"There's a special atmosphere [at Anfield]. I have a lot of respect for the crowd at Liverpool because they stand behind their team. I remember one day we were leading 5-1 at Liverpool, they were chanting 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. You know, it's one of the few grounds in the world where you can see that and there is a special combination of knowledge of the game at Liverpool and of support of their team and I have a huge respect for that."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:35:05 pm by Halcyon Lissome »
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline slw614

• Anny Roader
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2014, 03:34:07 pm »
You don't think we have a chance of winning. We are beaten before a ball is kicked. Therefore you have given in.

As for Arsenal being much better than us, that's your opinion, but I disagree with that as well.

It's not giving in. It is giving an opinion! I still expect my team to go out and try it's best. I just believe that 9 times out of ten, the better team in football wins. And I believe that Arsenal are a better team than us at the moment.

You may disagree with the latter point. That is fine. We will find out at the end of the season who is right.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2014, 03:35:20 pm »
Wenger pre-match conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRlO4VjfZaM

"There's a special atmosphere [at Anfield]. I have a lot of respect for the crowd at Liverpool because they stand behind their team. I remember one day we were leading 5-1 at Liverpool, they were chanting 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. You know, it's one of the few grounds in the world where you can see that and there is a special combination of knowledge of the game and of support of their team and I have a huge respect for that."

He'd change his mind if he came on here that's for sure.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2014, 03:37:36 pm »

There's not a single online football forum with not a majority that are idiots, no make that any online forum or whatever/wherever that people can comment more or less freely.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:43:57 pm by plura »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2014, 03:38:59 pm »
It's not giving in. It is giving an opinion! I still expect my team to go out and try it's best. I just believe that 9 times out of ten, the better team in football wins. And I believe that Arsenal are a better team than us at the moment.

You may disagree with the latter point. That is fine. We will find out at the end of the season who is right.

I'll leave it at this, it's your opinion you think we can't win. So already in your mind we're goin to get beat because Arsenal are a better team. That in my book is called giving in.

Oh and please tell me your not one of those type are you?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:43:12 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2014, 03:43:01 pm »
There's not a single online football forum with not a majority that are idiots, no make that any online forum or whatever that people can comment more or less freely.

There's quite a difference between realism, and defeatist though.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2014, 03:44:40 pm »
I think it's a must not lose, rather than must win. I'd love a victory, but a point would be by no means a catastrophe. It's all about keeping within touching distance until January, assuming there'll be investment.

Offline slw614

• Anny Roader
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2014, 03:49:28 pm »
I'll leave it at this, it's your opinion you think we can't win. So already in your mind we're goin to get beat because Arsenal are a better team. That in my book is called giving in.

You're just being silly now because I have already explained that I am not giving in. I am just giving a prediction. I can still support my team as loud as any of you and hope that they prove me wrong.

There's not a single online football forum with not a majority that are idiots, no make that any online forum or whatever/wherever that people can comment more or less freely.

If that is a reference to me; I am an idiot with two postgraduate degrees. Why is it that people abuse those who they disagree with? My opinion is equally valid even if you disagree with it.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2014, 03:51:01 pm »
You're just being silly now because I have already explained that I am not giving in. I am just giving a prediction. I can still support my team as loud as any of you and hope that they prove me wrong.

If that is a reference to me; I am an idiot with two postgraduate degrees. Why is it that people abuse those who they disagree with? My opinion is equally valid even if you disagree with it.

Haha to you? I have no idea who you are on here mate, and what stuff you've written. So relax, you're prob as great or shite on here as me.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2014, 03:52:26 pm »

Whatever.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2014, 03:56:19 pm »
I imagine no chance he'll be fit but I just had to post this in here

Offline scumbagcollege

• pRick
  • Kopite
  • Kick Out The Jams, Motherfuckers!
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2014, 04:00:45 pm »
Head... In... The...Sand.

Always an exception to the rule. And we were fantastic against Newcastle, Palace, Villa and West Ham this season weren't we?

Arsenal are a better side than us. Just take it and accept that we are 5th at best this season. There'll be a lot less pain for you this season that way.
Your quatrains have really gone down the shitter recently, Nostradamus.  ;D
"Reuniting Status Quo would be like trying to get your own dick up your arse - impossible."
St Francis De Rossi

Offline Kopite_1984

• Main Stander
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2014, 04:01:03 pm »
Lucas. Gerrard's going to start cause we're bereft of any leadership without him. Lucas and Gerrard will get a run around from Chamberlain and Cazorla. Can's got pace and drive to hurt them. Risky for sure, but Lucas-Gerrard just does not work against any decent opposition, we have tons of evidence to see that.

Think Rodgers would be reticent to drop Lucas given Can's lake of game time and the good team performance on Wednesday. I may be wrong. I rate Can highly

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2014, 04:02:34 pm »
Think Rodgers would be reticent to drop Lucas given Can's lake of game time and the good team performance on Wednesday. I may be wrong. I rate Can highly

Is Allen out?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2014, 04:04:30 pm »
I imagine no chance he'll be fit but I just had to post this in here

Flanagan rides again! Can't wait for his return, timely with GJ out as well.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline slw614

• Anny Roader
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2014, 04:05:55 pm »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2014, 04:07:40 pm »

Perception though init, you perceive predicting your team to lose as not giving it, he and I (and probably most others) perceive it differently. Arguing over semantics and opinions on the internet...whatever next ;D ;D

You are equally entitled to it, but that doesn't make it equally valid!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2014, 04:08:52 pm »
Let's hope so.
Ugh, hoping one of our players is injured, beyond the pale that one!

Offline WillyWonka

• Has no real issue with losing games actually. Could be Veruca Salt but don't tell the Squirrels
  • Kopite
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2014, 04:10:49 pm »

Its the exact same with him as well.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2014, 04:11:11 pm »
Let's hope so.

Let's not. Wanting any player out is not on with regards to respect boundaries on RAWK

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2014, 04:11:24 pm »
Flanagan rides again! Can't wait for his return, timely with GJ out as well.
Flanno and Moreno as our two proper wingbacks in the 3-5-3 formation! Nice!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2014, 04:12:37 pm »
We have to win, its that simple. Don't want to sound melodramatic but if we lose then thats pretty much our chances of getting top 4 over. A draw keeps us hanging on by our finger nails.

Offline scumbagcollege

• pRick
  • Kopite
  • Kick Out The Jams, Motherfuckers!
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2014, 04:12:58 pm »
                         Mignolet
Manquillo       Toure       Sakho       Moreno
                             Lucas
               Coutinho         Henderson
Lallana                                             Markovic
                            Sterling
 :D
Jones
Enrique
Skrtel
Can
Gerrard
Lambert
Borini

"Reuniting Status Quo would be like trying to get your own dick up your arse - impossible."
St Francis De Rossi

Offline slw614

• Anny Roader
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2014, 04:13:59 pm »
Ugh, hoping one of our players is injured, beyond the pale that one!

Fair point. Sorry.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2014, 04:16:35 pm »

You're probably right. Check out this shite in this very thread.

Its the exact same with him as well.

★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2014, 04:17:39 pm »
Our defence vs Arsenal, I presume:

^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2014, 04:19:47 pm »
Kolo looks ready