Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Mason
« on: December 3, 2014, 11:01:02 am »
Apologies in advance to the mods if this sort of post/thread goes against the Forum's principles. So by all means close it if you feel it appropriate. At least, however, by posting it I've managed to relieve myself of some of the outrage I'm feeling for the man who merely postures as a referee when he's officiating our games.

So we were forced to endure last night at Leicester yet another brazen example of officialdom mauling from Lee Mason. This time it didn't cost us in terms of points dropped. It could easily have done though. That, however, is scarcely the point. The point is officials are meant to be fair and, in Mason, Liverpool have one who simply isn’t fair in how he officiates the matches in which we are involved.

Last season when he assisted Man City in our 2-1 defeat at the Etihad I wrote amongst a plethora of enraged outpourings the following:

Initial post: The overriding concern, however, has to be the refereeeing/officials.

Down at Tottenham [the 0-5 game] for the first time in many years in such a high profile game I felt we had officials who were competant and fair. Which is precisely what officials are meant to be and years ago most were. If anything at White hart lane we got the rub of the green with the decisions. I'm thinking of the times when we were harrying them and winnining possession and many officials in recent years would have penalised us - incorrectly - but penalised us nonetheless.

At the Etihad, the officials were a fucking disgrace. They were so inclined to rule decisions in favour of the home side the game was actually a fuckin farce. The Sterling offside is the obvious one but amidst a litany of smaller decisions awarded against us, Mason favoured City with at least five important decisions all of which he got wrong. One of these led very quickly to City's equaliser and two should have seen us at least one penalty [the shirt tug on Suarez] and an indirect free kick or even penalty in the box [the Kolorov body check on Johnson].

In such a high profile game all's you can ask is the sort of fairness/neutrality we saw at Spurs a few weeks earlier. As it was, what we saw was the sort of blatant biased officialdom we have suffered against United throughout the majority of the Ferguson reign. People can point to Mignolet's mistake or the Sterling miss as reasons why we didn’t win. And they have a point. But the sort of biased decision making that continually favours one team which we witnessed last night is something no side should have to endure and is in four words – an absolute fuckin disgrace.

Second post: I don't think anybody actually thinks he's biased - in that he's pro City or anti-LFC [though some might make a case a la his previous record against us in the sendings off at Stoke and Masch's dismissal] but only someone who slept through the game could doubt for a moment that he favoured City in so many decisions. Not that I believe he could help it in that they were perpetrated in any premeditative way. I think what he did was purely instinctive. In much the same way that the instincts of so many officials - Riley and Webb most notably - have leaned towards United during the Ferguson era, particularly at Old Trafford. Or maybe they weren’t. Who the hell knows other than the heinous twat himself?

And please don't ask me to list all them because it would take a book.

As it is for the most part over my lifetime of watching football, f it doesn't happen the way it happened last night ie a blatant favouring of one side, I personally say fuck all. I don’t whinge at the odd rogue incorrect decision. If bias hasn’t happened then it hasn't happened. When it does happens - like it did last night - I'll cite it. And there's no way on god's earth last night can be dismissed as mere incompetance. Sure a dollop of that is involved but the repeated favouring of City cannot simply be incompetance. It has to be something more institutionalised. As I say, I believe it to be an instinctive thing as it used to be with the likes of Riley and, later, Webb at Old Trafford.

I'm not into conspiracy theories for one minute but the instinct to give decisions which favour one side as we saw last night in full view of any discerning eyes simply has to be more than the mere incompetance you cite. Totally naive to view it otherwise IMHO.

Hint - re-run the Kolorov/Johnson incident again and tell me how the fuck that could be interpreted as a free kick for City unless the referee's instincts were compelling him to interpret the incident in City's favour? It was as blatant an example of obstruction as you can get. Likewise the Suarez shirt tug. Likewise the Lucas/Zabaletta coming together which led to their corner/likewise the Lescott taking out of Suarez; likewise the booking of Suarez when he pulled out the challenge.

As for the Skrtel/Kompany shite. In essence it's currently seen in the game as 50/50 even if Skrtel does appear to be the guilty party. Mason wasn't favouring us or not favouring City. It's just the way such ridiculous liaisons are interpreted at the moment. Mason is not going to be the one to suddenly break new territory over it. The Suarez shirt pull was, of course, an altogether different animal.

Still enraged at the treatment from Mason at the Etihad we then had to endure a week or so later  the further refereeing aberrations of Howard Webb at Stamford bridge. It compelled me to post a thread entitled Do we let the officiating of the Etihad, Emirates and Stamford Bridge simply pass? .

My opening post on the matter read as follows:

I’m not one for conspiracy theories but I tend to agree with the principle behind the opening post in the other thread regarding Liverpool FC speaking up to defend themselves, though I feel more important principles are involved. 

My own problem is no longer so much with the media and the bilge it peddles whether it be against my club or my city. The fact is over many years as a Liverpudlian you have little option but to develop some sort of extra skin against the anti-Liverpool prejudices within certain sections of it.

So regarding the media's most recent nonsense such as the Mourinho invoked lies and hypocrisy regarding Luis Suarez I am largely unperturbed.

Where I do have a massive problem is with what transpired in respect of the match officiating in the two recent consecutive huge and pivotal games we played against the very clubs who alone stand as the obscene wealth-polluted unacceptable face of the game as it exists today.

The fact is, what we witnessed in those two games was unprecedented.

Intriguingly, it stood in stark contrast to what had taken place a few weeks earlier in an equally pivotal game at White Hart Lane. On that occasion against a club which, whilst retaining an ownership many Liverpudlians might deem heinous, are nevertheless not of the ilk of Manchester City and Chelsea. 

Away to Tottenham we had seen what I regard as an exemplary performance by the match officials. Their impartiality had shone like a beacon. As we watched, I'd commented on it several times before we'd even taken the lead. It was so refreshing to actually see such competence and such neutrality, so much did it jar with the usual fare on offer from the usual incumbents we are compelled to endure. Startling as it seemed, the officials were simply being fair in a domestic high profile match involving Liverpool Football Club. It was as if unpolluted European officials had been imported just for that one particular game.

What took place last week at Manchester and Stamford Bridge stood stark in contrast. In both those games what we saw from the match officials was an overall control of the match which in no way, shape or form could be said to be impartial. A plethora of inexplicable decisions – some crucial most minor – but the overwhelming majority of which happened to favour the home side punctuated each of the games.

It was to such an extent there can be no doubt the match officials were intent on favouring one side. What we had were incidents big or small, real or perceived being viewed by the match officials through a lens which so happened to be inclined in favour of the home side. 

As stated above we as Liverpool supporters can rattle off many instances where we have perceived such favouritism against top domestic opposition. I dare say most clubs can do so. And a large proportion of it as we all know so painfully has taken place at Old Trafford under the tenure of Alex Ferguson.

Never, however, has it been implemented remotely approaching the degree to which it was in these two back-to-back matches.

I do not intend to list the incidents. The main ones have been referenced many times on these forums and in any case they are a matter of easily established fact for all to see who re-watch both games. What I do feel, however, is that something sinister happened in the match officiating in those two games and it needs to be highlighted and challenged because it is unacceptable and makes a complete and utter fucking mockery of everything that football and the football dominated lives of so many of us stand for.

I do not wish to speculate upon why it happened or how it came about. What I do know is that the unprecedented sham of match officiating that stained those two games demands to be forensically examined and scrutinised by Liverpool Football Club and the findings published. Mason and Webb and their assistants need to be held accountable and need to be made to explain the inexplicable to a public that deserves to know how such blatant favouritism came to pass.

The thread proceeded to prompt a huge response both from those who agreed with the basic sentiment that bias of some sort does exist and does manifest itself and those who firmly rejected any such notion. The thread was ultimately closed by the mods because it eventually descended into a free-for-all denigration of Webb.

My own particular beef, however, was with Mason. His performance back then at the Etihad was a disgrace and last night at Leicester he possibly matched it when, amongst a litany of crap officialdom, he not only elected to ignore a blatant penalty on Gerrard that would have meant a sending off of the goalie but he proceeded to witness a relentless succession of fouls on Sterling which for the most part he simply chose to ignore and on several occasions actually ruled against the little winger.

In the final analysis, I’ve no answers but I guess at this juncture I just don’t want a rather fortunate but wonderfully welcome win and three points to take away one iota of the disgust that should be directed at a man charged with the weighty responsibility of being fair and equitable yet entirely incapable of being so whenever he officiates a football match involving Liverpool Football Club.

I’m assuming the fact he is still officiating our matches means that the club has failed to make representations to the premier league/FA in such a vein. Surely to God after last night’s debacle they can now have no alternative but to do so. The fact is the man simply finds it impossible to referee fairly and squarely a match that involves Liverpool Football Club. And that has to be unacceptable, most especially to Liverpool Football Club. 
« Last Edit: December 3, 2014, 11:08:37 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
Re: Mason
« Reply #1 on: December 3, 2014, 11:13:13 am »
I could not agree more, even the media were saying how shite the referreeing perfomances were at City & Chelsea last year. So there is an agenda there's fuck all we can do about it other than whinge and look like we blame the refs everytime we lose.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2014, 11:34:34 am »
I think you're directing this too much towards our club. Lee Mason is an awful referee who lacks the physical fitness to efficiently referee any match in top flight English football, let alone a match with Raheem Sterling playing. Woeful performance last night, although he's not half as bad as some of his counterparts across the continent. Thank the Lord they don't officiate in the Prem every weekend.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3 on: December 3, 2014, 11:35:57 am »
It wasn't just against us last night, Leicester had a lot of calls go against them too.

He is just incompetant and shite, and for some reason always has shite assistants.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 3, 2014, 11:43:20 am »
Mason is just a dogshit ref. He's too incompetent to be corrupt or have an agenda.

If he was trying to fuck us up, he'd probably accidentally win it for us
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 3, 2014, 11:52:19 am »
Maybe Mason is a Mason.... </davidicke>

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: December 3, 2014, 12:11:49 pm »
He's a cheating corrupt c*nt. Didn't see the 2nd half but in the first he allowed Leicester to do what they pleased in defense.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #7 on: December 3, 2014, 12:19:23 pm »
I have moved this into General Sport. Lee Mason is not a Liverpool problem - he is a problem for the whole English game. The suspicion has to be that he is a consummate check list referee. He ticks the boxes on the assessors forms, which keeps him employed - but at the actual refereeing lark, he is just effing useless. I suspect that the metrics the referees are assessed with just don't translate to effective refereeing.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #8 on: December 3, 2014, 01:14:26 pm »
I have moved this into General Sport. Lee Mason is not a Liverpool problem - he is a problem for the whole English game. The suspicion has to be that he is a consummate check list referee. He ticks the boxes on the assessors forms, which keeps him employed - but at the actual refereeing lark, he is just effing useless. I suspect that the metrics the referees are assessed with just don't translate to effective refereeing.

Fair enough. I thought you might close it or move it as it doesn't exactly fit the RAWK super cool 'what us stooping to conspiracy theories - never' ethos.

;D

Personally, I think he is a Liverpool problem. Very much and specifically so. And I think the club needs to move on it. They won't of course but they should. I've seen enough footy and garbage refereeing down the millenniums to be able to sniff out something that doesn't quite square with the multitude of incompetancy models there's been. I've also seen the great refereees too. And Mason in respect of LFC most emphatically does not fit into either category, particularly the latter of course. Others, including your good self, are obviously not in agreement with such a take. And I respect that though I disagree unequivocally.

Put it this way.

I bet I'm a 1000 times more convinced that he does have an intrinsic propensity not to favour us/to favour our opponents where there are even marginally debatable incidents than you lot have the conviction that he doesn't.

Still, the catharsis has helped. Which is the main reason for the post.

:)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9 on: December 3, 2014, 01:18:35 pm »
The number of times I heard the commentator say

"It's offside, Mason just hasn't seen the linesman yet, still hasn't seen him, oh now he has" I lost count.

Then with the red card the player needs to leave the game, he went and sat in the stands, missed again.

That's apart from the horrible decisions on the field. He's just not very good.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #10 on: December 3, 2014, 01:22:21 pm »

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 3, 2014, 01:50:04 pm »
i thought this was about raymond burr.
gutted
bollocks

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #12 on: December 3, 2014, 02:11:09 pm »
i thought this was about raymond burr.
gutted

:lmao

You mean you go back before Ironside?

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 3, 2014, 02:42:16 pm »

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 3, 2014, 02:45:13 pm »
:lmao

You mean you go back before Ironside?

no,no.. ;D
bollocks

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 3, 2014, 02:56:14 pm »
Then with the red card the player needs to leave the game, he went and sat in the stands, missed again.

What was up with the cameras showing that for like 5 whole minutes last night?

"He can't go and sit there, where's the poor lad supposed to go?"

HE'S BEEN FUCKING SENT OFF FOR PULLING A PLAYER DOWN THROUGH ON GOAL, WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 3, 2014, 02:59:29 pm »
What was up with the cameras showing that for like 5 whole minutes last night?

"He can't go and sit there, where's the poor lad supposed to go?"

HE'S BEEN FUCKING SENT OFF FOR PULLING A PLAYER DOWN THROUGH ON GOAL, WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Would it not be Clattenberg's responsibility as well, being the fourth official?

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #17 on: December 3, 2014, 03:07:55 pm »
I was sat about 10 yards away from the Leicester fans last night and the look on their face when Schmeichel brought down Gerrard was a picture, not one person said he dived, they were just resigned to going 3-1 down with 9 men for 20 minutes.

What followed was absolutely farcical, I honestly thought Stevie was going to lose it completely! Even the Leicester fans were laughing in disbelief, some were giving the standard abuse but that's to be expected when they've witnessed that kind of incompetence.

The treatment of Sterling was a biggest disgrace. This is a 19 year old lad getting kicked from pillar to post and the 'Ref' was allowing it to happen, if I didn't know better I imagined him laughing as he ran the other way.

He's a disgraceful Ref but thankfully it didn't cost us this time, next time we might not be so lucky

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #18 on: December 3, 2014, 03:16:08 pm »
Timbo..he's a shit Ref no question.

19 matches 7 W 6 D 6 L

Liverpool Football Club
 Premier League Lee Mason
 Date    Home    Away   
 02.12.2014    Leicester City    Liverpool   1:3

13.09.2014    Liverpool    Aston Villa   0:1

26.12.2013    Man City    Liverpool   2:1

31.03.2013    Aston Villa    Liverpool   1:2

07.10.2012    Liverpool    Stoke City   0:0

24.03.2012    Liverpool    Wigan Athletic   1:2

10.12.2011    Liverpool    QPR   1:0

29.10.2011    West Brom    Liverpool   0:2

09.05.2011    Fulham    Liverpool   2:5

11.12.2010    Newcastle    Liverpool   3:1

16.01.2010    Stoke City    Liverpool   1:1

19.12.2009    Portsmouth    Liverpool   2:0

31.10.2009    Fulham    Liverpool   3:1

12.09.2009    Liverpool    Burnley   4:0

10.01.2009    Stoke City    Liverpool   0:0

23.02.2008    Liverpool    Middlesbrough   3:2

22.09.2007    Liverpool    Birmingham   0:0

18.03.2007    Aston Villa    Liverpool   0:0

18.11.2006    Middlesbrough    Liverpool   0:0
« Last Edit: December 3, 2014, 03:18:42 pm by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #19 on: December 3, 2014, 03:18:14 pm »
I was sat about 10 yards away from the Leicester fans last night and the look on their face when Schmeichel brought down Gerrard was a picture, not one person said he dived, they were just resigned to going 3-1 down with 9 men for 20 minutes.

What followed was absolutely farcical, I honestly thought Stevie was going to lose it completely! Even the Leicester fans were laughing in disbelief, some were giving the standard abuse but that's to be expected when they've witnessed that kind of incompetence.

The treatment of Sterling was a biggest disgrace. This is a 19 year old lad getting kicked from pillar to post and the 'Ref' was allowing it to happen, if I didn't know better I imagined him laughing as he ran the other way.

He's a disgraceful Ref but thankfully it didn't cost us this time, next time we might not be so lucky

Was quite telling that little shrug Schmeichel gave Stevie when the penalty wasn't given, and the two of them laughing about something a couple of minutes later.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 3, 2014, 03:19:27 pm »
The Gerrard penalty was really weird. Obviously a penalty, but I think for whatever reason that weird little skip gerrard did before he got taken down might have made the ref think he dived, then he bottled booking Gerrard for diving in case he was wrong (which he was), and so just gave a goal kick
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #21 on: December 3, 2014, 03:21:00 pm »
The 15 unpunished rugby tackle on Raheem should be enough to convince anyone that this fat twat is dirty.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #22 on: December 3, 2014, 03:25:41 pm »
As the commentator said "would love to know what Shcmeichel  and Gerrard were talking about."

Great read Timbo you have outdone yourselves again.   :)
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #23 on: December 3, 2014, 03:29:20 pm »
The 15 unpunished rugby tackle on Raheem should be enough to convince anyone that this fat twat is dirty.

Actually to be fair some of them were correct. I mean Raheem is self-aware of the fact that he is young and has a lot of pace to burn and opposition find it hard to stop him when he is on the run and therefore he'll look to take advantage of that fact to win fouls in key areas and the ref knows that too.

Except of course the one occasion (De laet putting a leg)  where he was clearly fouled but the ref thought otherwise and let the play continue anyway.
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 3, 2014, 03:45:42 pm »
The Gerrard penalty was really weird. Obviously a penalty, but I think for whatever reason that weird little skip gerrard did before he got taken down might have made the ref think he dived, then he bottled booking Gerrard for diving in case he was wrong (which he was), and so just gave a goal kick

I'll happily be proved wrong, but I didn't think it was a penalty last night.

It looked like Gerrard expected the keeper to come out quicker and dive at his feet so Stevie could trail his leg and get fouled. He didn't, but Gerrard not trusting his pace to round the keeper, altered the trajectory of his run away from the ball and jumped into Schmeichel looking for the penalty.

Neither a penalty or a dive, but not an obvious enough attempt at conning the ref to get a second yellow.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: December 3, 2014, 03:48:30 pm »
Lee Mason is a fraud.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 3, 2014, 03:49:23 pm »

It looked like Gerrard expected the keeper to come out quicker and dive at his feet so Stevie could trail his leg and get fouled. He didn't, but Gerrard not trusting his pace to round the keeper, altered the trajectory of his run away from the ball and jumped into Schmeichel looking for the penalty.

Neither a penalty or a dive, but not an obvious enough attempt at conning the ref to get a second yellow.

Gerrard didn't jump into him, Schmeichel fell into him

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #27 on: December 3, 2014, 03:58:42 pm »

Schmeichel's arm extends towards Stevie and makes quite a bit of contact with him - at that point he's making no attempt to play the ball. I think Mason thought it was though, he just realised that he'd booked Gerrard and didn't have the balls to send him off for diving.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 3, 2014, 03:59:53 pm »
I dont usually criticise refs that much but he was utterly abysmal yesterday.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 3, 2014, 04:01:18 pm »

Schmeichel's reaction was the killer for me. Knew he'd got away with it.

I do think Gerrard was expecting contact when he did that little skip though, and then the contact ended up being a couple of steps later

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #30 on: December 3, 2014, 04:01:36 pm »
Gerrard didn't jump into him, Schmeichel fell into him

Yeah, definitely, and Schmeichel made no attempt to play the ball as well.
Nice OP Timbo, a lot of food for thought.
I don't know if he's bent or not, but he is really terrible either way. And unfit. Just a fat, daft bastard.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #31 on: December 3, 2014, 04:15:40 pm »
Fair enough. I thought you might close it or move it as it doesn't exactly fit the RAWK super cool 'what us stooping to conspiracy theories - never' ethos.

;D

Personally, I think he is a Liverpool problem. Very much and specifically so. And I think the club needs to move on it. They won't of course but they should. I've seen enough footy and garbage refereeing down the millenniums to be able to sniff out something that doesn't quite square with the multitude of incompetancy models there's been. I've also seen the great refereees too. And Mason in respect of LFC most emphatically does not fit into either category, particularly the latter of course. Others, including your good self, are obviously not in agreement with such a take. And I respect that though I disagree unequivocally.

Put it this way.

I bet I'm a 1000 times more convinced that he does have an intrinsic propensity not to favour us/to favour our opponents where there are even marginally debatable incidents than you lot have the conviction that he doesn't.

Still, the catharsis has helped. Which is the main reason for the post.

:)

I was going to start this thread about the clueless one, then I thought, nah, Timbo will effin fumin again. ;D

He'll start one.

If we had Perry Mason in our defence we would never lose a match. Great player.

For me, such was the battering Sterling took, Raheem deserves a medal for not retaliating. I would have lost it.

The RB soon cottoned on that he could use his arm(s) anyway he wanted to bring the winger down.No whistle, ever.

The PL boasts that it is exciting and that the game flows from end to end.

Mason must tick boxes that allows this to happen, and lets be honest, it means the money rolls in from TV deals around the world. Pulling play up for these little fouls isn't worth it!

In the Gerrard non-penalty incident, even the goalie looked apologetically at Stevie as if to say I got away with that.

I doubt the club will complain Timbo.

After the City game at Christmas when Rodgers asked why a ref from Manchester was reffing that game we got stuffed even more by Webb in the next match. We can't win when complaining about refs. Its an establishment of the FA.

I just dread him getting another of our games this season, especially away from home as he is easily swayed by the crowd.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline LionheartCFC

• But Tiger fucking hates them
  • Anny Roader
  • "I am not a neutral, I am Chelsea"
« Reply #32 on: December 3, 2014, 04:20:39 pm »
Mason is just a terrible ref in general. Dowd is an arrogant twat, and a terrible ref. Is Atkinson the best? Thought Oliver was decent but this season he has been terrible...

However there's a biased ref with an agenda still officiating. It seems the FA know this though, and it's unlikely he will ever take charge of a game involving that team again. Gone a tad under the radar that...   ;)
“I am not a fundamentalist in football. What I mean is that in football you have your ideas, you die with your ideas. No. People ask me: what is your model of play?
Model of play against who? When? With which players?
I cannot answer to that. Am I too stupid, or am I too smart?
I think some people in football are becoming a bit fundamentalist"

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 3, 2014, 04:31:24 pm »
I've had another look and I'm still not convinced.

Schmeichel elbow makes contact with Gerrard's midriff, though looking at the angle Mason had he probably didn't see it. You can't see the lino in the video but he's presumably a few yards behind the action with Gerrard's body blocking his view of the elbow.

So on that basis, it was a penalty the officials didn't give because they didn't see the contact.

But then Gerrard has still run off course to try and initiate contact, he flicks the ball to the right then sort of hovers leftwards looking for the keeper. By the time contact occurs is he still technically in control of the ball?

It just looks too engineered to me.

From 4 mins:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ETIGl126Qso" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ETIGl126Qso</a>

Offline Humperdinck

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34 on: December 3, 2014, 04:37:58 pm »

Was a pen. Schmeichels reaction said it all, he knew he'd got away with it.

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 3, 2014, 04:59:17 pm »
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 3, 2014, 05:02:22 pm »
I don't think anyone can watch that City game and not think something corrupt was going on.  He is bent as the day is long. He was not pro City he is anti Liverpool. Last night again, sterling treated like shit other constantly bad decisions against Liverpool.

I've said it before over the last 15 years, but the club is not strong enough. Rodgers or whoever our manager is should be highlighting these shocking display against us applying pressure for him to be replaced or atleast putting heightened scrutiny in him. But what do we do? Bend over and take it.

Ferguson would be venting all over the press, it would be a week long story on Sky news.

Mason is a bent basted.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #37 on: December 3, 2014, 05:06:16 pm »
I don't think anyone can watch that City game and not think something corrupt was going on.  He is bent as the day is long. He was not pro City he is anti Liverpool. Last night again, sterling treated like shit other constantly bad decisions against Liverpool.

I've said it before over the last 15 years, but the club is not strong enough. Rodgers or whoever our manager is should be highlighting these shocking display against us applying pressure for him to be replaced or atleast putting heightened scrutiny in him. But what do we do? Bend over and take it.

Ferguson would be venting all over the press, it would be a week long story on Sky news.

Mason is a bent basted.

and the time to do it is when you win so it's not perceived as bitter because of defeat

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 3, 2014, 05:08:16 pm »
and the time to do it is when you win so it's not perceived as bitter because of defeat

Without doubt. It's a game and we are dreadful at it.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #39 on: December 3, 2014, 05:08:19 pm »
The offside ones were strange , dont they have buzzers . The Polish lad grabbing Lamberts throat was a joke . Plus the numerous ones on Raheem . Think was it Albrighton with both feet off the ground one the worst . Is it punishment for Raheem laying a finger on a ref once .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".