Author Topic: Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre (Suso)  (Read 522007 times)

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre (Suso)
« Reply #40 on: February 8, 2013, 08:50:37 am »
If he is good enough, he should have more than a fair chance of succeeding to break into the first team. Otherwise we can sell him for a tidy sum. Either way, LFC benefits.

Offline Lippy The Lion

• Kopite
« Reply #41 on: February 8, 2013, 09:36:10 am »
One of the few fantastically named footballers that we have, why not enjoy that fact.

God, only if we had someone named Bastian Schweinsteiger. Now that's a footballer with a cool name, Suso's is pretty boss too.

Schweinsteiger means 'Pig Walker'   :D
'To do is to be' - Sartre

'To be is to do' - Descartes

'Do be do be do' - Sinatra

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 8, 2013, 03:35:28 pm »

la Torre means 'The Tower'. Suso's only 5 ft 9 though ???
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #43 on: February 8, 2013, 11:53:39 pm »

Thanks for ruining that for me.  >:( .

I'm going to ignore your knowledge of German and continue it assumes cool as fuck or something. It does sound cool as fuck.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 9, 2013, 12:19:22 am »
Super Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre Suso
when he scores a goal for us the kop begins to pogo
If you say it loud enough, he won't be Phil Neal but play Zico
Super Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre Suso

Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye
Um-diddle-diddle-um-diddleye

:P

Haha, the thread title is crystal clear to me now. That's the single er kop chant

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=SeYmvrtrq7I&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSeYmvrtrq7I&gl=GB

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 9, 2013, 12:46:22 am »
If he is good enough, he should have more than a fair chance of succeeding to break into the first team. Otherwise we can sell him for a tidy sum. Either way, LFC benefits.

Are you being serious? he is 19! fuck me!  :butt

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 9, 2013, 01:02:54 am »
In some ways I agree.

But he hasn't yet developed a powerful or explosive element to his play.

I think this will come as his body matures, but it's something sterling has that suso doesn't.

Quite important to play in his position in the PL I think.

He hasn't quite got the burst of acceleration over 5 yards that Sterling has and he hasn't quite got the tactical nous to play in the centre yet but I think he'll get there with a bit of playing time off the bench.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #47 on: February 9, 2013, 03:53:58 am »
I think he is the most talented of all our youth players.  Including Sterling.  His touch and ability on the ball is simply ridiculous.

Totally agree with this I think the lad is going to be some player, unfortunatly I don't think it will be for us  :(

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 9, 2013, 04:53:05 am »
Totally agree with this I think the lad is going to be some player, unfortunatly I don't think it will be for us  :(
Why not? We just handed the lad a long-term contract. In Rodgers we have a manager who loves technical players. I see no reason why he will not thrive here.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 9, 2013, 04:58:12 am »
In some ways I agree.

But he hasn't yet developed a powerful or explosive element to his play.

I think this will come as his body matures, but it's something sterling has that suso doesn't.

Quite important to play in his position in the PL I think.
If you mean his position as in out wide, yeah perhaps he lacks acceleration, but that is not where I see him playing in the future, nor is it the best position we have seen him play in a red shirt, central and weaving plays like Silva. To do that role, you don't require great acceleration, rather ball-control, using your body as a shield, twisting and turning, leaving opposition players wrong footed, he can do all these things, it is the role he should be groomed for by the coaching staff.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 9, 2013, 07:34:15 am »
Why not? We just handed the lad a long-term contract. In Rodgers we have a manager who loves technical players. I see no reason why he will not thrive here.

Agree with this. Suso is a football lovers footballer who maybe a bit one footed but so were some of the greats of the game. He just needs time. All of the essentials are there. I would like to see him add more of a goal threat to his play but the guy just oozes class. close control, passing, vision all the things that separate great from good the lad has. There are always favourite players and I have some unashamed man love for Suso and Jao Carlos from our youth sides because they represent the things i love in football. Gareth Barry or Scott parker might be effective but i wouldn't part with hard earned to watch them play like i would Zola, Di cannio ,Laudrup or Cantona.

Suso I think will be a Liverpool great and will bring a special something to those lucky enough to be there on the days when he displays the complete depth of his football artistry. 
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2013, 04:27:21 am »
Why isn't he getting any game time? Really hope he features in the Europa league..

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2013, 04:53:56 am »
Suso should leave in order to get playing time. Liverpool has a lot of young players right now, and obviously cannot give all of them playing time. They need to go out on loan.

I think Suso should push for it himself, if it this doesn't come from the club.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2013, 06:07:21 am »
I think Suso's had enough first team football this season that it's worth staying for the rest it and seeing how things go. 

Suso only broke into the team after a strong perfromance against Young Boys late September and has consistently seen minutes right up until January when we signed Sturridge. In total he's played 832 minutes which is probably the perfect amount for him season to date.

With two ties against Zenit potentially two games against Basil or Dnipro which are both games I could see him getting minutes in. There is still the possibility he can go on loan to a Championship team I think but as things stand IMO he's made the right decision staying.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 11:11:37 pm »
Dragged this thread up rather than create a new one (dont have enough posts anyway to open a new thread yet)

How come he has not been involved for ages?

I like suso, he is going to be a world class player (replacement for gerrard i think)

Surely if he is not involved he should be on loan at a championship club to get experience

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 11:23:36 pm »
Dragged this thread up rather than create a new one (dont have enough posts anyway to open a new thread yet)

How come he has not been involved for ages?

I like suso, he is going to be a world class player (replacement for gerrard i think)

Surely if he is not involved he should be on loan at a championship club to get experience

I don't get this obsession for youngsters HAVING to play every week. He's only 19. He only made his senior debut in September and played 12 games at the start of the season. Training with the first team and being involved in the first team squad is also experience. He, like Sterling, can look on a pretty decent debut season and look to step up a gear in pre-season.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2013, 11:26:22 pm »
Would definetly get him in over Shelvey. Coutinho, Suso, Sterling could be quite special ( in the smaller cup games in the near future obviously).

Offline carraexpress

• Boys Pen
  • making no midfield stops...
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2013, 11:55:00 pm »
Yeah, not shocked as to why he is not playing. But I think he's ready now.

At least, he's ready to be the impact sub that Rodgers seems to think Shelvey is (remember Suso coming on against ManU). Not trying to dig at Jonjo, but Suso is a bit faster, way better technically, has great vision (he was out Coutinho before January). The only thing, as far as I can see, that he lacks when compared to Jonjo is confidence in front of goal. But, I mean, Jonjo is missing sitters likes its his job right now (USE YOUR LEFT FOOT, BRO! LIKE PRACTICE IT MAYBE).

Really, the only reason I'm rooting for Wigan to stay up (other than I like their manager) is because I want him to go on loan there for the year. Or Swansea, maybe. Or Spain somewhere. All he needs is time and opportunity.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2013, 11:58:01 pm »
I'd imagine he'll be the one who gets back into the match squad for the next few games (unless Borini is close to being fit) as the replacement for Suarez.

So Sturridge goes into the side, he takes his place on the bench.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2013, 11:59:46 pm »
If one of the promoted teams can give him starts in like 20 games next season, or the likes of Wigan/Villa if they stay up, it'd be boss. Even if he starts 10 odd games and gets a sub run out in a bunch, it'll be awesome.
Without European football, he really won't get much game time and he's got a lot of talent this boy.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2013, 12:05:24 am »
I'd imagine he'll be the one who gets back into the match squad for the next few games (unless Borini is close to being fit) as the replacement for Suarez.

So Sturridge goes into the side, he takes his place on the bench.

He's been on the bench ahead of Sterling
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2013, 12:07:19 am »
Still think hes a very, very talented young man, has the ability to achieve anything he wants in the game, all he needs is experience of playing the tough games.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2013, 12:18:04 am »
With us looking set to miss out on Europe next season it would be good if we can get him out on a season loan, he won't get much more than the odd FA/league cup game otherwise and we need to focus on doing well in the league. I doubt we'll find someone in the Premiership willing to play him regularly but hopefully we can find a decent footballing team for him in the Championship (Crystal Palace if they don't get promoted, Wigan maybe if they don't dig themselves out).

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2013, 06:24:43 am »
I don't get this obsession for youngsters HAVING to play every week. He's only 19. He only made his senior debut in September and played 12 games at the start of the season. Training with the first team and being involved in the first team squad is also experience. He, like Sterling, can look on a pretty decent debut season and look to step up a gear in pre-season.
exactly like others has said, he needs experience of playing games

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2013, 06:29:14 am »
He (along with Jonjo) will get more game time with Suarez ban coming up.

He's been on the bench ahead of Sterling

Sterlings injured.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2013, 09:34:28 am »
I think he'll be an important player for us in the future and I'm sure he is developing as a footballer in the right way, it only seems like he's gone backwards because he was so heavily involved early on in the season due to our lack of options.

Personally I'd loan him out for the entire next season to a bottom half Prem team like Utd did with Welbeck and Cleverley and Arsenal with Wilshire to further progress him and get used to the Premiership more because I fear his options will be severly limited here next season if we have no European football and we don't want him stagnating

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2013, 01:24:47 pm »
Well heres a thought will he be overtaken by Tex next season? We have a lot of good young players coming through but not enough vacant positions for them yet,  in time though maybe Suso and Tex will be main players in the squad.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2013, 05:11:35 pm »
Suso confirmed he will probably stay at Liverpool this year. Good news.  :wave
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2013, 05:35:33 pm »
He may move on loan this new season. I dont think any premiership club would want him
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2013, 06:19:44 pm »
He may move on loan this new season. I dont think any premiership club would want him

Are you kidding? Have you seen the standard of most Premiership clubs?

A talented 19 year old kid already written off, horrendous.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2013, 07:12:40 pm »
I'd llike to see Suso on loan and see him develop further. Think a season loan will be good for him and us.

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2013, 07:17:18 pm »
Suso confirmed he will probably stay at Liverpool this year. Good news.  :wave

What he said - interesting....

Suso wants Liverpool stay

Last Updated: June 12 2013, 11:50 BST

Liverpool youngster Suso is happy to snub offers from elsewhere this summer and stay at Anfield.

The 19-year-old forward made 20 appearances for his club in all competitions this season to underline his growing reputation.

Spain Under-20s star Suso has not gone unnoticed in his development and he has been linked with a return to his homeland.

But he is only looking forward to continuing his career at Liverpool as boss Brendan Rodgers looks for a way back into the top four of the Premier League.

"This year for me has been beyond fantastic," Suso told Marca. "At Liverpool this season has been great and I'm very happy.

"Next year I'll probably stay at Liverpool. I know there are quite a few offers but I will not go. I'm happy at Liverpool."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premier-league/liverpool/news/article/328/8772126/suso-wants-liverpool-stay

From the Country of Liverpool

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2013, 07:23:42 pm »
I'll be suprised if he doesn't go on loan. With no Europe unless we do something in the league cup i see little playing time for him.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2013, 07:42:00 pm »
suso's my favourite out of all these kids coming through. very intelligent player
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2013, 08:06:11 pm »
A loan wouldn't be a bad thing, even if it's just till January for now. Swansea, if Laudrup stays or Villa wouldn't be a bad move.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2013, 08:17:48 pm »
4 first team appearances in 2013 to date - one against Mansfield and one against QPR in the last game of the season totaling 99 minutes.

Completely the wrong choice from Suso in my opinion not to go on loan, especially with no European action.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him head on loan come the January transfer window, when he sees where he is in the pecking order.

Anyone see him getting picked ahead of Coutinho in a central position?

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2013, 08:26:40 pm »
Just scored for Spain U20s.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2013, 08:31:58 pm »
Yet we lack attackers. Need 3 more. Ffs.

There has to be a judgement call on Suso and Sterling. If we bring in more attackers (other than Aspas), these players will stagnate, and then leave permanently. Either they are good enough to make a difference as first teamers next season or they leave (loan most likely). I hope they're given chances though, they have showed enough.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2013, 08:34:03 pm »
4 first team appearances in 2013 to date - one against Mansfield and one against QPR in the last game of the season totaling 99 minutes.

Completely the wrong choice from Suso in my opinion not to go on loan, especially with no European action.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him head on loan come the January transfer window, when he sees where he is in the pecking order.

Anyone see him getting picked ahead of Coutinho in a central position?

No, but he might see minutes on the right over Downing, I think. Subs at first, and then maybe a start or two. Once Rodgers has players he can trust to play the game his way, I think we'll see a bit more rotation than last season.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2013, 08:38:14 pm »
The player I most anticipate as to coming out of the ranks. Have huge hopes on this kid.