Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12303982 times)

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
Re: So what are these Youth/Reserve Lads like?
« Reply #79040 on: January 10, 2015, 08:16:29 am »
Lol textbook 1st team goal to concede.
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79041 on: January 10, 2015, 08:25:55 am »
I like their #7 - sounds something like "Robaso Osuna".
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Online Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #79042 on: January 10, 2015, 08:31:27 am »
Pitch is so dry and bobbley.

Online Bincey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79043 on: January 10, 2015, 08:38:20 am »
Fairclough talking an inordinate amount of shite today.

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #79044 on: January 10, 2015, 08:39:51 am »
Adam Phillips is doing a very convincing Andrea Pirlo impression at the moment. I had no idea his passing was so good.
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #79045 on: January 10, 2015, 08:41:43 am »
Know it's a youth friendly tournament and you want to keep it 11vs11, but they're very lucky that wasn't red.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #79046 on: January 10, 2015, 08:43:39 am »
Should have been a red one. We`re dominating.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79047 on: January 10, 2015, 08:45:28 am »
I can only assume "last man red" doesn't apply at this level. It was red at 1st team level.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
So what are these Youth/Reserve Lads like?
« Reply #79048 on: January 10, 2015, 08:48:31 am »
I've just discovered that Tom Brewitt is the son of a friend of my next door neighbour.

What a small world. I'll be following him with a keen interest from now on.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79049 on: January 10, 2015, 09:04:21 am »
Another "Pirlo" from Phillips.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79050 on: January 10, 2015, 09:07:49 am »
Wilson and Canos both did very well for the goal.

1-1.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79051 on: January 10, 2015, 09:11:20 am »
Fantastic tackle by their CB. We would've almost certainly scored.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79052 on: January 10, 2015, 09:14:03 am »
Pitch is so dry and bobbley.

You kind of expect a poor pitch in these sorts of tournaments, but what's with the ball?  It seems as if it's harder than usual, maybe lighter as well.  Even players who normally has good technique are struggling to keep control a bit.

Edit: and as I type that Chirivella shows brilliant technique to take the ball down under control in the box.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79053 on: January 10, 2015, 09:20:23 am »
Maxwell brings nice pace and power to the midfield. His touch hasn't been spot on all the time but as mentioned, a few players have struggled with their touches. So be interesting to see Maxwell's touch in normal conditions.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79054 on: January 10, 2015, 09:22:55 am »
Toni Gomes (Portuguese) on for Madger Gomes (Spanish). I thought Madger was impressive but needed to get the ball more.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79055 on: January 10, 2015, 09:26:23 am »
Great news on Pelosi.  I'll be gutted if he doesn't make it here.  Had a gut feeling he was going to break through before the injury.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79056 on: January 10, 2015, 09:26:47 am »
Poor give away from Wilson in the RB area. Cracking finish by their player.

2-1 down.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79057 on: January 10, 2015, 09:31:03 am »
Their #10 that's come on has been very good. Javier something Sanchez.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79058 on: January 10, 2015, 09:37:02 am »
Great play by Gomes, gets a cross in and Canos should have headed us level. Needed to finish that.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79059 on: January 10, 2015, 09:46:25 am »
Canos scores. Offside. I thought he was onside.

Online Bincey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79060 on: January 10, 2015, 09:46:45 am »
That lino's had a stinker all day.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79061 on: January 10, 2015, 09:47:26 am »
I don't think these linemen even understand what offside is.  That's not even the second or third offside call that they've gotten wrong in Valencia's favour - must have been 5 or 6 of them.  That's the worst one by far, though.  Clearly should have stood.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #79062 on: January 10, 2015, 09:51:11 am »
Not even sure how he got that wrong, he was that onside I bet the linesman couldn't even see him behind all the defenders.

Offline babraham

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79063 on: January 10, 2015, 09:53:47 am »
That was one of those games where I'm sure in pretty much every other parallel universe we won that game.

Both goals we gave away were terribly soft and we had many chances we didn't take.  Then wrongly denied a stoppage time equaliser to force extra time.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79064 on: January 10, 2015, 09:53:55 am »
FT Valencia 2 - 1 Liverpool.  Good game.

If that were the first team I'd be fuming, hate to have a dominant performance lead to a bad result because of poor finishing and refereeing mistakes.  On this level, though, the performance is all that matters, and we were very good.

You can say that it would have been nice for the lads to have a few more games but with them being in such quick succession and in such heat, I'm not sure it's the worst thing in the world to miss out.  The main thing is that they look quality, even a good footballing side like Valencia looked no match for us, talent-wise.  Canos is really stepping it up lately and I'm also impressed by this new Portuguese lad Gomes.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79065 on: January 10, 2015, 09:59:27 am »
Thought we were the better side. Certainty should have at least got to extra time, although I can't imagine that another 30 minutes in that heat would have been much fun.

Phillips was the stand out for us. Interesting to see how the two Gomes players do once they get clearance/chances, both looked quite good either today or in the highlights.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79066 on: January 10, 2015, 10:16:53 am »
Adam Phillips is doing a very convincing Andrea Pirlo impression at the moment. I had no idea his passing was so good.
He's our best midfield passer outside the first team its his stand out quality he's free kicks are good too do.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79067 on: January 10, 2015, 10:34:47 am »

Jordan bullying Lovren at 1:40 is pretty good as well.

Really hope he gets some playing time soon, with the U21's not playing he's barely had a game in months.

Lovren is even shite in training it seems. Rossiter didn't even get a touch initially and Lovren ends up hoofing the ball in the air but back towards his own goals comedy defending. Good pressing by Rossiter. He is in between the u21s and first team now too so he is missing some if their games and I can't see him getting a game any time soon for the first team. Not even minutes off the bench as we are not killing games and he's not making the bench.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79068 on: January 10, 2015, 10:41:30 am »
Rossiter missing a couple u21 friendlies is fine considering he's also playing in the youth cup and UEFA youth league. He's not going to have a problem with playing time this season.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #79069 on: January 10, 2015, 04:05:19 pm »
Lovren is even shite in training it seems. Rossiter didn't even get a touch initially and Lovren ends up hoofing the ball in the air but back towards his own goals comedy defending. Good pressing by Rossiter. He is in between the u21s and first team now too so he is missing some if their games and I can't see him getting a game any time soon for the first team. Not even minutes off the bench as we are not killing games and he's not making the bench.

He was on the bench today.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79070 on: January 10, 2015, 05:20:25 pm »
Performance is much more important at this level than winning, so in that respect I'm pleased with th Valencia game.

Of course winning is important, but its important for youngsters to display proper talent rather than winning playing route one football which suffocates any room for expressing talent, like many youth sides in England do. Thankfully, our academy is doing the former and not the latter.

Offline badkhan

• Anny Roader
    • CX
« Reply #79071 on: January 10, 2015, 11:28:31 pm »
Looking at all the instragram pics of our players from today's game it seems Jordan Williams traveled with them to the North-East. Is it just me or has he come into the first team setup out of no where?. I didn't ever see him being touted as the one to watch.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:20:04 am by badkhan »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79072 on: January 10, 2015, 11:30:31 pm »
Looking at all the instragram pics of our players from today's game it seems Jordan Williams traveled with them to the North-East. Is it just me or has he come into the first team setup out of no where?. I don't ever saw him being touted as the one to watch.

I think he's had injury problems, but he impressed last season

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79073 on: January 11, 2015, 09:09:37 am »
Looking at all the instragram pics of our players from today's game it seems Jordan Williams traveled with them to the North-East. Is it just me or has he come into the first team setup out of no where?. I didn't ever see him being touted as the one to watch.
He played as a CB for the most part at the academy, and lost a year through injury. He was quite highly rated prior to injury, think he was called up to the Wales u21 setup at 15/16. I'd love to see him get an opportunity at some point this year in the middle CB role.

Offline The Mule

• Kalgan's finest
  • Kopite
« Reply #79074 on: January 11, 2015, 09:32:37 am »
He played as a CB for the most part at the academy, and lost a year through injury. He was quite highly rated prior to injury, think he was called up to the Wales u21 setup at 15/16. I'd love to see him get an opportunity at some point this year in the middle CB role.

Reminds me a bit of Martin Kelly's story. Lets hope things work out better for him. Although Martin Kelly hasn't exactly had a bad career, its just it could have been better and could have been with us.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79075 on: January 11, 2015, 12:31:40 pm »

What is it with all these Jordans anyway? Is it just the Katie Price generation coming through?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79076 on: January 11, 2015, 12:42:02 pm »
What is it with all these Jordans anyway? Is it just the Katie Price generation coming through?

Jordan isn't even his real first name. It's Michael. But for some reason he goes by Jordan.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79077 on: January 11, 2015, 12:53:43 pm »
Jordan isn't even his real first name. It's Michael. But for some reason he goes by Jordan.

Just wants to fit in, I suppose. All our youth players are now known as Jordan.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #79078 on: January 12, 2015, 06:34:20 am »
Any news on the further Luke Garbett rumours? I seem to remember was mentioned in here in the past!?

Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79079 on: January 12, 2015, 06:37:51 am »

Middle name.