Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 54203 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2011, 03:32:02 pm »
Only thing I will say is: Suffwan over at WENB (who's a friend of mine) is a massive Fifa fan, only game he's played since 09 really.

and he loves this new PES. Sorry lads, them's the apples. Believe it, don't believe it. Whatever you prefer.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline NuncaCaminarásSolo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #121 on: July 5, 2011, 06:06:45 pm »
There is little else in this world that I would like more than having a proper football video game to play. I'm still playing WE9 (PES 5). It's sad that a game made in 2005 is better than any football game made in 2011. Please Konami, free me from WE9!!

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #122 on: July 5, 2011, 06:51:23 pm »
There is little else in this world that I would like more than having a proper football video game to play. I'm still playing WE9 (PES 5). It's sad that a game made in 2005 is better than any football game made in 2011. Please Konami, free me from WE9!!

With that one being a popular one, are there still plenty of option/edit files each season/window?  What platform are you on?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 5, 2011, 09:24:51 pm »
I'll be getting this regardless. Fuckin sick of Fifa and its poxy glitches. How they get away with it year after year i dont know

• Anny Roader
« Reply #124 on: July 5, 2011, 09:45:19 pm »
With that one being a popular one, are there still plenty of option/edit files each season/window?  What platform are you on?

I had played it for a while on PC with some really awesome patches but since my XP laptop died on me several years ago and after realizing PES5 won't play properly on Vista, I've gone back to playing my PS2 copy. About a year ago I tried finding a solution to this problem and while doing so realized that there are still people who consistently release updated option files (it's a bit harder to find full up to date patches).

If you search around enough, I can almost guarantee that you'll be able to play PES5 with 2011 squads, shirts, players, etc. Two good places to start:

WinningElevenBlog.com (check out their forums- there's plenty of PES5/6 enthusiasts there)
GamingAccess.com (at work now so can't check if it's still up but they've been one of the centers for PES modding for years)

If you come across any good 2011 patches, let me know; I'm thinking about maybe setting up my laptop to dual boot (now that I have an external hdd) with Vista & XP just so I can play PES5 patched.

Another side note: I believe there are even some people who setup online PES5 matches using their own servers and the PC version.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #125 on: July 6, 2011, 12:36:57 am »
Thanks for that winningeleven site! It has a chant pack.

Too bad our chants are out of date. I'll have to leave out the Fernando Torres and "They don't care about fans" chants

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 6, 2011, 07:41:00 am »
I'm still playing WE9 liveware evolution myself(which was released 6 months after PES5) it is the best PES game from my experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnyfsfgTcHI (download link all in there)

and If you have problem running PES5/WE9LE then i suggest you use 'D3DOverrider' software. i had some problems with both but that solved it for me.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: July 6, 2011, 01:19:15 pm »
I'm still playing WE9 liveware evolution myself(which was released 6 months after PES5) it is the best PES game from my experience.

and If you have problem running PES5/WE9LE then i suggest you use 'D3DOverrider' software. i had some problems with both but that solved it for me.

So can you play online with this? Also, are you able to confirm this runs on Vista?

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 6, 2011, 02:51:11 pm »
Yes you can if you follow the instruction there. I'm on windows 7 and i can run perfectly in it, so no doubt it will work in vista as well.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #129 on: July 6, 2011, 03:28:03 pm »
Yes you can if you follow the instruction there. I'm on windows 7 and i can run perfectly in it, so no doubt it will work in vista as well.

You sir, just made my day  :D

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #130 on: July 6, 2011, 04:24:08 pm »
You sir, just made my day  :D

And mine too heard about this version years ago been looking for it for ages can't wait to play it
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #131 on: July 6, 2011, 06:38:29 pm »
any one how to make the controls like on the ps2 for that winning eleven my usb pads button have messed up when i play it
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 6, 2011, 10:01:21 pm »

Bit of a pleb when it comes to technology. Would love to play this. So, when i download them, then what? how do i get it on me ps3?

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #133 on: July 6, 2011, 10:49:37 pm »
Bit of a pleb when it comes to technology. Would love to play this. So, when i download them, then what? how do i get it on me ps3?

I'm in the same boat... Any help would be appreciated :)
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #134 on: July 6, 2011, 11:15:25 pm »
any one how to make the controls like on the ps2 for that winning eleven my usb pads button have messed up when i play it

If it's the same as I remember it, then you go to your install folder (probably something like C:\Program Files\KONAMI\Winning Eleven 9) and click on settings.exe. There, you will be able to change controls among other things.

Haven't downloaded it meself yet but I'm almost positive it's the PC version of the game. If you really want to make use of your PS3 controller then you can download the sixaxis/dualshock 3 drivers (I use motioninjoy.com's driver) and then play it on your PC with your PS3 controller.

I'm in the same boat... Any help would be appreciated :)

I might not have enough time this week to try it out but when I do, I may be able to offer you some help.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2011, 11:16:56 pm by NuncaCaminarásSolo »

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: July 7, 2011, 03:18:29 am »
They still make these?
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 7, 2011, 03:44:37 pm »
Haven't downloaded it meself yet but I'm almost positive it's the PC version of the game. If you really want to make use of your PS3 controller then you can download the sixaxis/dualshock 3 drivers (I use motioninjoy.com's driver) and then play it on your PC with your PS3 controller.
PC? meh :( I'll see if i can pick it up in the second hand section. Cheers.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #137 on: July 9, 2011, 03:44:09 am »

So I just installed it and got it running.

WOW, this game is what PES6 should have been. It's absolutely brilliant. So are you on weplaywe.pl? I read that they have a 24 hour server. I registered about an hour ago and asked to be registered onto the server. I cannot wait to play this online :D

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 9, 2011, 11:57:32 am »
Yeah, PES6 always been arcadey to me don't get all the fuss about it. PES5 was the last best pes game and WE9LE is much improved version of that.

I have registered on to their server but not playing currently as i have a slow connection will join again may be next month.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: July 9, 2011, 12:00:22 pm »
PES6 was just unbelievable, only bad thing about it was Adriano was unstoppable on it due to him being the sponsor of it, shoot from anywhere and it'd go in, which made for a nice Brazil v Brazil every ranked game.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #140 on: July 9, 2011, 04:06:40 pm »
This WE version you're all talking about...there's no way it'll work on my Mac right?

Online rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #141 on: July 9, 2011, 04:31:26 pm »
PES5&6 are the best football games ever made
The new FIFAs are missing something
The new Pro Evos are plain shite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2011, 12:16:34 am »
This WE version you're all talking about...there's no way it'll work on my Mac right?

No, I don't think so but you might be able to get it to work in Parallels or another 'run windows on my mac' software. I'm not too familiar with how running windows on a mac works to be honest.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2011, 01:16:04 am »
PES5&6 are the best football games ever made
The new FIFAs are missing something
The new Pro Evos are plain shite

110% agree. Pro Evo 5 just edged it for me. So many good memories with Madrid and playing with the Master League team. It felt like a Sunday league team with a decent striker in Castello and Espimas with a Riise esc throw. Good old days!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2011, 04:02:30 am »

Downloaded the torrent and followed every instruction.

The game is korean. The menus are written in Korean and the commentary is in Korean.

Also, the Liverpool squad is the old one. Not that I mind having Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, Sami Hyppia and the like back but isn't the point of the mod to have the current squad?

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2011, 04:36:50 am »
Downloaded the torrent and followed every instruction.

The game is korean. The menus are written in Korean and the commentary is in Korean.

Also, the Liverpool squad is the old one. Not that I mind having Luis Garcia, Xabi Alonso, Sami Hyppia and the like back but isn't the point of the mod to have the current squad?

You must have done something wrong. it should have english menu and a updated squad only Korean commentary isn't going to change.

Have you copied everything from inside PATCH folder into the WE9LE insatalled folder  so that 0_text.afs ,e_text.afs and WE9LEK .exe overwrites those 3 files in the game folder.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:43:54 am by Kopout »

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2011, 06:01:47 am »
You must have done something wrong. it should have english menu and a updated squad only Korean commentary isn't going to change.

Have you copied everything from inside PATCH folder into the WE9LE insatalled folder  so that 0_text.afs ,e_text.afs and WE9LEK .exe overwrites those 3 files in the game folder.

Yep. I used that merger program and everything. Followed the instructions to the letter.

I got the torrent but not the patch it seems.

That'll sort out the rosters but the commentary is still korean and the names of national teams are in Korean (which I imagine patch will fix).

Downloading the patch now.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:58:03 am by skooma »

Online rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2011, 01:28:49 pm »
110% agree. Pro Evo 5 just edged it for me. So many good memories with Madrid and playing with the Master League team. It felt like a Sunday league team with a decent striker in Castello and Espimas with a Riise esc throw. Good old days!

Ha, I remember sending Castello up front since he was the only one in that team who had a bit of pace ;D

What was that midfeilder called who was really slow but was the only one in the squad who had over 80 shot power? Mandanda or something

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2011, 02:17:23 pm »
Ha, I remember sending Castello up front since he was the only one in that team who had a bit of pace ;D

What was that midfeilder called who was really slow but was the only one in the squad who had over 80 shot power? Mandanda or something
That'll be Minanda. I still remember most of the boys - Ximelez, Ivarov, Vornander, Espimas...legends the lot of them.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2011, 02:23:12 pm »
Burchet was the best (well...fastest), RW I think he was.

Valeny at the back always seemed to be the last I'd get rid of though.
AHA!

Online rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2011, 02:25:47 pm »
Nostalgia ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2011, 03:15:03 pm »
Nostalgia ;D

Is not what it used to be.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2011, 03:16:09 pm »
That'll be Minanda. I still remember most of the boys - Ximelez, Ivarov, Vornander, Espimas...legends the lot of them.

Hahaha unbelievable! Stremer was the Centre Back who looked like Sami and Valeny the Right Back. All gave their all, fantastic.

Online rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2011, 03:41:51 pm »
The thing  I liked about that default team was that it forced you to think. You couldn't just shove Gerrard up front and shoot when you were in trouble. You had to make a formation that suited your style and the players, you had to change your team based on your oppostion, you had to play it safe when trying to build attacks, you had your utility men and you had to look for bargains in the transfer market. You had to decide whether to use the fast player on the wing, or the player with the best crossing ability. You had to choose between constant pressure, or soaking it up with a deep line. If you wanted to shove a big man up top to alleviate the pressure on your defenders, you could, and you could lump it up to him with a degree of effect. it wasn't pretty, but those players you were given weren't exactly the most gifted, and you were trying to crawl your way up that league, and build up a bit of money for gradual improvement. Then there was that magic moment where you could finally afford that first Liverpool player. It didn't matter that it was Sinama-Pongolle, slowly but surely, you were getting there.

What a fucking couple of games. You can shove your Football Manager up your arse.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2011, 03:58:02 pm »
The thing  I liked about that default team was that it forced you to think. You couldn't just shove Gerrard up front and shoot when you were in trouble. You had to make a formation that suited your style and the players, you had to change your team based on your oppostion, you had to play it safe when trying to build attacks, you had your utility men and you had to look for bargains in the transfer market. You had to decide whether to use the fast player on the wing, or the player with the best crossing ability. You had to choose between constant pressure, or soaking it up with a deep line. If you wanted to shove a big man up top to alleviate the pressure on your defenders, you could, and you could lump it up to him with a degree of effect. it wasn't pretty, but those players you were given weren't exactly the most gifted, and you were trying to crawl your way up that league, and build up a bit of money for gradual improvement. Then there was that magic moment where you could finally afford that first Liverpool player. It didn't matter that it was Sinama-Pongolle, slowly but surely, you were getting there.

What a fucking couple of games. You can shove your Football Manager up your arse.

Couldn't of said it better myself, everything you said is spot on!

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2011, 04:03:31 pm »
No one mentioned Castolo. the Brazilian striker. he was decent and Ordaz. i remember i kept Ordaz for a food few seasons and played him alot even when i had bought in a load of top players. he was good in the air.

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2011, 04:03:57 pm »

ah the memories. castolo was a legend
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Online rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2011, 04:20:22 pm »
I mentioned him, called him Castello though :P

He was awful at connecting with a ball, but he had a bit of pace and agility which was missing from pretty much everyone else on the team

I'm thinking of starting a new Master League with that default team, and keeping you lot updated with my results and transfers. It'd be fun if we had more than one of us doing it within the same parameters, so you can see where others go with it. For instance, we'd be on the same difficulty, same league, same finances at the start, same length matches etc. Anyone in?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:22:54 pm by rowan_d »

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2011, 04:47:43 pm »
I mentioned him, called him Castello though :P

He was awful at connecting with a ball, but he had a bit of pace and agility which was missing from pretty much everyone else on the team

I'm thinking of starting a new Master League with that default team, and keeping you lot updated with my results and transfers. It'd be fun if we had more than one of us doing it within the same parameters, so you can see where others go with it. For instance, we'd be on the same difficulty, same league, same finances at the start, same length matches etc. Anyone in?

I'm up for that - On Pro Evo 5 or 6?

Online rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2011, 04:55:53 pm »
6. We'll have to avod Inter though :P

Another thing, remember how great it felt to finally get into the European Cup?