Author Topic: Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle: Full time.....  (Read 75866 times)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle: Full time.....
« Reply #240 on: November 4, 2012, 06:12:32 pm »
'Not intention' pardrew is a fucking pillock

His ONLY intent was to hurt Suarez, the ball was so far gone any claim of it being 'mis-timed' is ridiculous.  Awful challenge and rightfully sent off.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: November 4, 2012, 06:12:41 pm »
For all the praise the officials are getting for the red card for Coloccini they missed the same player take out Suarez in the first ten minutes. In the box.

Nah, he got the ball. I'll let them off.

Offline Jumbeaux

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: November 4, 2012, 06:12:41 pm »
Blame the owners for not funding a new striker to replace Carroll.

My advice to Rodgers is please give up on the idea that Shelvey is the new Gerrard. Stevie was way better at his age. Shelvey will never be a class player. Get Gerrard behind Suarez. Saves the old legs from running around in midfield.

Quality of players have really regressed over the last 5-6 years. These days we can't even beat teams like Newcastle.

Offline samlfc

• Main Stander
  • just rawkin'
« Reply #243 on: November 4, 2012, 06:12:47 pm »
THAT Suarez goal (handball) and the cauliflower tackle (Suarez clearly dives)
I'm dreading the response from the media! ::)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #244 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:00 pm »
What's causing it? The fact we spent over £65 million on the following 3 players, Carroll, Henderson, Downing.

Only one of them played today and that was as a half arsed substitute, the summer before this one was that bad that we spend over £65 million on that yet end up having Suso and Sterling on the pitch because our squad is that poor.

Not Rodgers fault previous regimes fucked up big time, back him fully.

you know your boring its all down to kenny shit is fucking tiresome 
did you miss the last window and the chance they had to get a striker,
as for the team guess a certain Spanish guy should take the plaudits given the quality kids coming through to help him out of the shit.
As for rodgers yeah you will back him as well as you have other managers so god help him then!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #245 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:03 pm »
Ordinary stuff until we scored and then we woke up.

Not enough goal threat, it's that simple.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:05 pm »
Dunno who it was but there was a 50/50 challenge, in fact it was actually in our players favour, that if we'd won it we were in but hes chickened out of it.

Not good at all

Downing.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #247 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:08 pm »
Jonjo.

I dont think it was, Id recognise his head lol.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:16 pm »
What a fucking world class goal that was. Absolute genius.

A shame that for all our pressure we couldn't do more - Jonjo, Sterling etc with chances. If only Shelvey could have had a little bit more composure...!

Another game that showed us how desperate we are for another striker. FSG love their stats - they can't keep seeing us batter teams and have so many shots but fail to convert them and think we don't need to get someone else in. January isn't the best for value but it has to be done.

Well done ref & linesman with the red card too, Coloccini is a dirty twat.

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #249 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:22 pm »
Our final third and our positioning is woeful, no one is ever in the box. Other than that the performance was good.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:23 pm »
Shocking miss from Shelvey. You simply have to put those away.

Suarez and Sterling superb today.

Do you not see the double standard in your post?  Immediately after condemning Shelvey for missing a very good chance, you praise Sterling, who also missed a very good chance.

Not saying that you're wrong about Shelvey, but Sterling should have scored as well.  The problem is that we're so short of depth that we're having to depend on young players who are always going to be inconsistent all over the pitch.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline arcticus

• No massive asset. Doesn't know the difference between the 1st and 31st. Watched the Arsenal game sat in a pool of shite.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:41 pm »
Do people just attack Downing as a reflex now? Sure he's not amazing, but he's been decent in all of his recent appearances yet people seem to talk about him as if he were playing like Joe Cole. His cross for Shelvey was a peach too.
Exactly did brilliant when he came on, Enrique was piss poor when he was overlapping on the left.

Amazing delivery to Shelvey who SHOULD have buried that

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #252 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:43 pm »
Onwards, and meh-wards.

We are in serious trouble once Suarez gets injured/suspended. Yes we do need a striker but the goalscoring 'ability' of our midfielders is a fucking disgrace.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #253 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:46 pm »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:58 pm »
We are a very stupid team. Incredibly frustrating to watch us dominate game after game only to throw the results away through abysmal finishing and idiotic decision making - Enrique's pass at the end pretty much sums up our lack of patience and brains, and Shelvey's performance is our last two seasons in a nutshell - the talent is there, but so horrribly casual in front of goal that it's almost criminal.

It's become a massive mental block and it will take a special player or two in January to lift it. It could be done and if it does it'll be like a virtuous circle - suddenly players will find their finishing boots who can't hit a barndoor at the moment - but it will take at least one other player with quality finishing and ice in his veins, not necessarily a striker either. We really could have done with Borini today, and it also didn't help, in my view, that we took off two of our calmest and brainiest players in Sahin and Suso. Their brand of football is exactly what we needed more of all game, especially when they went down to 10, when we predictably became even more obsessed with trying to shoot/get in the final ball every time we got near the area, rather than calming it down, keeping the ball and dragging them out of possession which we should have been doing all game anyway but weren't, and haven't been really at all all season considering we're supposed to be a possession team. It's remarkable how rarely we just work it from flank to flank in front of their box, where you watch other teams with similar systems and they seem to spend most of the match doing exactly that - working it into the final third, then just keeping the ball and the pressure on until a good chance presents itself, rather than working it into the final third and then launching it into the box or having a crack from 35 yards.

We're a possession football team with a severe case of premature ejaculation.
I disagree. We don't have the skill to break down defenses to be a possession team. No one ejaculates. just a lot of foreplay without any climax, unless Suarez decides to do a solo.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: November 4, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »
Two fantastic goals. Suarez is being our Van Persie & completely has the team on his shoulders.... the midfield three offer noting creatively & the young wingers although talented still a bit green.

Offline mohsink45

• Boys Pen
« Reply #256 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:01 pm »
It's so frustrating that apart from a wonder-goal from the opposition, it would have been a routine win. I thought that our horrible efficiency in front of goal would sort itself out eventually as it could not have got much worse compared to last season. But, it certainly has not improved and we really do need an ESTABLISHED striker in January. By established I don't mean a 500 million quid superstar, I mean someone who has very decent goalscoring figures wherever he may be from.

As for Suarez, what can you say? Absolute genius and easily one of the best players on the planet right now. People also tend to forget that he is so consistent in what he does and very rarely has a quiet game. I would gladly take the bad with the good because the good outweighs the bad by far. I do think we are very fortunate to still have him and I think we will struggle to keep hold of him if we do not improve.

I really do feel that we are 1 or 2 transfer windows away from having a really good and strong squad that will be better equipped for challenging for the champions league places. I hope the owners do back Rodgers and provide him with sufficient funds because I do feel that it will be the deciding factor in whether we can really push on as a club.

Offline iresh

• Main Stander
  • There are monsters, and then there is Sissoko.
« Reply #257 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:12 pm »
Shelvey on his way to EL matches once again - in hindsight Suso should have stayed on. And Enrique... few really nice plays/tackles/the assist but SO many misplaced and weak passes!

Gerrard I thought had an excellent game, his hollywood passes were all laser accurate tonight.

Wisdom recovered a bit in the second half.

Rest of the squad did well. Sterling should have fired that shot off immediately not taken another touch so Taylor could get his leg in...

A game we very much should have won and tied up in the first half and buried in the second. Defensive mistakes and a lot of bad errors in attack - weak/bad passes and Shelvey's two sitters...

I'll take the point and keep the faith. But we need someone in Winter. Either a good attacking mid or a good forward/striker that can play out wide and switch up with Suarez. I think that would be enough to shore us up for the season and get us to the summer window.

But there was a lot of great football played by our boys today as well and we should applaud that. It's a work in progress, and the youth have done well.

And Suarez is WORLD FUCKING CLASS

This pretty much.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:12 pm »
Jonjo.

Thought it was Downing, he got a load of abuse for it.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:13 pm »
Pardew

'We shouldve won'

'No intent' from Collocini and he was 'trying to stop himself'

Scumbag that guy is. Lies through his teeth every post match interview

Agree. No matter how many times you look at that challenge its quite clearly intentional. I know managers like to defend their players, but there is no defending that, should have just refused to comment if he didn't want to slate his own player.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline trail182

• Main Stander
« Reply #260 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:14 pm »
Frustrating again, simply because we were so dominant for large spells of the game and ultimately should have won (again).

Disappointed with Shelvey really... I normally love his coolness and cruising style of play but he seemed to lack urgency when he came on and really should have finished atleast one of those chances.

We are so, so lucky to have Suarez... the more times I watch that goal the more impressive it is.  Composure, skill and bravery... virtues some of our players are seriously lacking!

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:19 pm »
Do you not see the double standard in your post?  Immediately after condemning Shelvey for missing a very good chance, you praise Sterling, who also missed a very good chance.

Not saying that you're wrong about Shelvey, but Sterling should have scored as well.  The problem is that we're so short of depth that we're having to depend on young players who are always going to be inconsistent all over the pitch.

Agreed he should have scored but you've got to admire the tackle. It was world class.
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:19 pm »
It's ok though because FSG are giving us £10m to spend in Jan. Haha, Basically the money from Adam and the money from Carrolls wages that we've saved.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:22 pm »
So the conundrum, given that we will continue to play 4-3-3, is do we buy an out & out number 9 & push Suarez wide or do we invest in a 'wide-forward' who scores on a regular basis?

Both imo, then we've got options.

Huntelaar and Walcott in January should do nicely.  ;)

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #264 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:29 pm »
Aside from one cross and some short corners, we look horrendous on the ole pictocharts:

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
« Reply #265 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:38 pm »
2 points dropped against a team time wasting from the kick off , happy enough with the way we are improving , still to early for the likes of suso and sterling as players to support Suarez but the experience will be good for them , defo need a player with better movement to help and support him
JFT96

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:48 pm »
That Newcastle are as bad as, if not, worse than Stoke at time wasting. From the first minute they're at it. Krul especially

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:50 pm »
Do people just attack Downing as a reflex now? Sure he's not amazing, but he's been decent in all of his recent appearances yet people seem to talk about him as if he were playing like Joe Cole. His cross for Shelvey was a peach too.

Decent? He shit himself from a 50/50 and did 1 good cross? Is that what you expect from a winger who cost over 15m?

Offline Moloskari

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #268 on: November 4, 2012, 06:14:52 pm »
This is too much like last season. Nearly there but not quite. Need badly someone up top to help Suarez. If he is out then we are truly f*cked. One striker short from 4th and one Suarez from relegation battle. Fingers crossed he'll last until January and then FSG must invest. Otherwise God only knows what can happen.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: November 4, 2012, 06:15:05 pm »
I dont think it was, Id recognise his head lol.
There was one where he turned his back and ran away from the ball. Not sure if that's the one you mean? I see other's are saying Downing, so it's not a shocking revelation that it was him. Jonjo normally loves a tackle.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: November 4, 2012, 06:15:06 pm »
I disagree. We don't have the skill to break down defenses to be a possession team. No one ejaculates. just a lot of foreplay without any climax, unless Suarez decides to do a solo.
:lmao

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #271 on: November 4, 2012, 06:15:07 pm »
Fucking Max Payne at Left back was dire. He's really regressed to the point where I'm wondering if he can get back to his original level. So many stupid passes after the one good one to Luis. I'm relatively happy with the performance, if not the result in the end, because we deserved more. Mature display from Raheem, but I've reached the end of my rope with certain individuals. The game needed someone like Borini in the last twenty minutes. His boundless energy and movement could have really got to Newcastle, especially after Coloccini was sent off. All in all though, a promising result against good opposition.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: November 4, 2012, 06:15:21 pm »
Downing was fine. Whipped in a beautiful cross which Jonjo should've put away.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle: Full time.....
« Reply #273 on: November 4, 2012, 06:15:21 pm »
Froze my tits off. Sterling was boss, the rest average at best. Grim.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: November 4, 2012, 06:15:44 pm »
FSG really need to back Rodgers in January, please just please
They wont he is already making shapes about not getting good players in January,you pay the money you can get who you want.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: November 4, 2012, 06:15:49 pm »

He's an easy target. Mainly because when the ball comes to him, our play breaks down.

The only time this doesn't happen if he's already decided what to do & can then still do it when the ball arrives, i.e. if he has no time to think.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: November 4, 2012, 06:15:55 pm »
“If you are better than your opponent with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning the game." - we continue to challenge this statistic.

Ahem, 'Statistic'

Offline twalsh

• Main Stander
« Reply #277 on: November 4, 2012, 06:16:14 pm »
Downing was fine. Whipped in a beautiful cross which Jonjo should've put away.

And if Jonjo had put it away, everyone would be heaping praise on Downing.

Fickle bunch here to be honest..

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #278 on: November 4, 2012, 06:16:19 pm »
Froze my tits off. Sterling was boss, the rest average at best. Grim.

Um I think you meant Suarez was boss, the rest average at best.  :wave

Offline Gitsy606

• Anny Roader
« Reply #279 on: November 4, 2012, 06:16:23 pm »
Over the last 5 games Liverpool have the joint 4th( with Spurs) highest points total with 9.City 13, United 12, Chelsea 10 only teams with better.