Author Topic: The Top Six Mini-League Thread... Sponsored by TENA  (Read 345337 times)

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
Re: The Top Six Mini-League and the Run In...
« Reply #1600 on: April 27, 2017, 08:04:40 am »
Sixth, here we come!
Internet terrorist

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1601 on: April 27, 2017, 08:06:32 am »
Sixth, here we come!
Based on what? It's not like our rivals have it any easier.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: April 27, 2017, 08:13:17 am »
4th here we come i reckon. Which will be a decent effort considering our thin squad. Then hopefully some ambitious investment at the back in the summer (pretty please).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1603 on: April 27, 2017, 08:16:34 am »
Which i was pointng out in the summer would be the case after selling a lot of fringe players without replacing them. Aplarently saying our negative nett spend in the summer may cost us made me a bedwetter though.

In hindsight several of the deals dont look great now. I am not fussed with Sakho and certainly I can have sympathy with selling Benteke given we had Ings, Sturridge and Origi, but letting Markovic and Allen go now seems to have been a bad decision. Not calling back Markovic in January also now seems a even worse one.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1604 on: April 27, 2017, 08:21:40 am »
In hindsight several of the deals dont look great now. I am not fussed with Sakho and certainly I can have sympathy with selling Benteke given we had Ings, Sturridge and Origi, but letting Markovic and Allen go now seems to have been a bad decision. Not calling back Markovic in January also now seems a even worse one.
Which ever way you look at it a few injuries meant we would be filling the bench with players either not ready or not good enough. Thats why i expected to miss out on top 4 again and is why i am pleased we still have a shot at it while others are dissapointed. I honestly think we will get it too.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:31:48 am by Anfield Kopite »

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: April 27, 2017, 08:54:23 am »
So the Manchester derby tonight, who do we want to win?
I am tempted to say City but I think a draw would be alright then they both drop 2 points.
Or do we want UTD to win?  If they finish 4th and win the Europe do we get CL finishing 5th? 

We will not win all our remaining games so we need others to drop points too.  Decisions, Decisions..

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1606 on: April 27, 2017, 08:59:07 am »

City. That puts it back in our hands.

Or do we want UTD to win?  If they finish 4th and win the Europe do we get CL finishing 5th? 

No, and no.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: April 27, 2017, 09:02:35 am »
City win is best with a draw being ok for me. Deffo do not want a United win.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1608 on: April 27, 2017, 09:07:06 am »
I think 12 pts from our last 4 games will get us top 4 comfortably. We cant get 11 pts. 10 pts i still feel will be enough. 9 points is starting to be dodgy and i feel 8 is the cut off point. Any less than 8 and i think we will miss out.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: April 27, 2017, 09:39:33 am »
I am tempted to say City but I think a draw would be alright then they both drop 2 points.

We will not win all our remaining games so we need others to drop points too.  Decisions, Decisions..

We will win all of our remaining games is just as accurate a prediction as yours. Personally I think we will get the necessary points to finish in the top four.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #1610 on: April 27, 2017, 10:09:27 am »
Emphatic City win.  There's a bubble at OT that needs bursting.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1611 on: April 27, 2017, 10:19:02 am »
If City wins then it's all back in our hands to make it happen. Any other result and our faith is in their hands.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1612 on: April 27, 2017, 10:39:12 am »
Just seen Pogba's out. If he's out for the next 2 or 3 games that does make a difference.
United have a big quality squad so they'll still put a decent side out but he's their most important player - all their attacking play goes through him. Can only be good news.

Hoping against hope for a 3-0 or something City win to re-fuck their goal difference as well as their points

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1613 on: April 27, 2017, 10:45:00 am »
Just seen Pogba's out. If he's out for the next 2 or 3 games that does make a difference.
United have a big quality squad so they'll still put a decent side out but he's their most important player - all their attacking play goes through him. Can only be good news.

Hoping against hope for a 3-0 or something City win to re-fuck their goal difference as well as their points
erm.... He has been pretty rubbish all season.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: April 27, 2017, 10:48:02 am »
erm.... He has been pretty rubbish all season.

he hasn't. at all. I understand the narrative but it doesn't bare scrutiny. Just because he hasn't played like the most expensive player in the world doesn't mean he hasn't been good.
They basically have their 2 most important / best attacking players out. As I said they're better able to withstand that than anyone but it definitely helps

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: April 27, 2017, 10:54:10 am »
he hasn't. at all. I understand the narrative but it doesn't bare scrutiny. Just because he hasn't played like the most expensive player in the world doesn't mean he hasn't been good.
They basically have their 2 most important / best attacking players out. As I said they're better able to withstand that than anyone but it definitely helps
He has been bang average. I can't think of any game he has dominated or came off as being man of the match
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE Ł20 BET

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: April 27, 2017, 10:58:22 am »
I disagree. Ive watcbed every game they have played. He has 2 or 3 potshots from distance that are either off target or straight at the keeper. Im waiting for one to go in and someone like Tyler to scream "thats why they paid the money". He plays one or two decent passes and the likes of Robbie Savage cream themselves. If they had bought him for Ł5m he would have been dropped months ago for these performances.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1617 on: April 27, 2017, 11:04:35 am »
He has been bang average. I can't think of any game he has dominated or came off as being man of the match

Okay. He hasn't been close to average. But fine - I know better than trying to prove a Man United player bought for a lot of money has been anything other than a shambles on here.
It's good news for us him and Ibrahimovic are out for them, it makes it less likely they get the points they need... but others may see it differently

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1618 on: April 27, 2017, 11:09:38 am »
City win woukd be great. A draw would be decent as no matter how short for we'd stay third for now and it's two points dropped for United. Wouldn't put it back in our hands but would mean they'd probably need to pull an away win out of the bag at Spurs or Arsenal.

A United win can fuck right off.

Offline ugm9mjh

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1619 on: April 27, 2017, 11:21:37 am »
Okay. He hasn't been close to average. But fine - I know better than trying to prove a Man United player bought for a lot of money has been anything other than a shambles on here.
It's good news for us him and Ibrahimovic are out for them, it makes it less likely they get the points they need... but others may see it differently

I completely agree with you. Despite not being spectacular he has been very good. He makes that team tick, always free for a pass, wins a lot of ball, links play between the lines and spreads the play very well.

He hasn't played as well as his transfer fee would suggest but that doesn't negate his contributions. Say what you want about statistics but whoscored.com have him as the 3rd highest rated premier player this season (I'm not saying this is absolute proof, but its no coincidence and you have to be doing things pretty well!)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: April 27, 2017, 11:22:19 am »
A city win, and a 3 horse race for the 4th. With Liverpool being favourites.
I'll take that.
Everything falling right for Man Utd though, even Pogba is now out, so much luck they get.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1621 on: April 27, 2017, 11:30:55 am »
A city win, and a 3 horse race for the 4th. With Liverpool being favourites.
I'll take that.
Everything falling right for Man Utd though, even Pogba is now out, so much luck they get.

Or...

City win tonight.
Spurs win on Sunday.
United and you lot draw next Sunday.

That'd do me nicely  :wave
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: April 27, 2017, 11:33:42 am »
Want a heavy defeat for Man U. Rattle their confidence, Mourinho throws some players under the bus in the presser and they sulk. They then get pumped by Spurs and we are suddenly in pole position again. All that is predicating on us not fucking up again of course.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1623 on: April 27, 2017, 11:35:31 am »
Want a heavy defeat for Man U. Rattle their confidence, Mourinho throws some players under the bus in the presser and they sulk. They then get pumped by Spurs and we are suddenly in pole position again. All that is predicating on us not fucking up again of course.

I like the cut of your jib, lad.

Make it so.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: April 27, 2017, 12:45:22 pm »
Given we could win all our games, hit 78 points and still not make top 4 I'm not sure that's entirely true.

Don't think we are getting 78 points though, and that was perhaps his point.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: April 27, 2017, 12:46:05 pm »
I disagree. Ive watcbed every game they have played.

Why would you do that to yourself?  Are you a self masochist?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: April 27, 2017, 12:50:44 pm »

Never seen some of the Premier League match threads? Some here watch every United game and pore over every little detail and decision, it's very strange.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: April 27, 2017, 12:59:13 pm »
Never seen some of the Premier League match threads? Some here watch every United game and pore over every little detail and decision, it's very strange.

Unless they need help falling asleep I can't see why anyone would watch a Utd game. 

Offline YerBaldyHead

• Kemlynite
  • There shall be no mercy in Jurgen's dōjō
« Reply #1628 on: April 27, 2017, 01:12:24 pm »
He's my, pretty outlandish, take: If Lallana is back for Watford and plays the last 4 games in CM we get Top 4, if he's either not back or he comes in and plays RW like he did in January, we don't.

All this depends on United of course. Logic tells me there's no way they're getting 12 points from City away, Arsenal away, Spurs away and Southampton away, but you never know with those jammy bastards.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #1629 on: April 27, 2017, 01:20:18 pm »
City winning big tonite is our best result. Il happily give up on 3rd spot to keep in the champions league spaces.
Spurs beating arsenal on Sunday will put the cherry on the cake but I've learnt over the years never to rely on spurs :(
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1630 on: April 27, 2017, 01:36:15 pm »
ok I dunno why but I seem to think City can drop more points than us too....and 3rd is not completely lost? or is my mind completely lost?  :o

Manchester United (h)

Middlesbrough (a) Crystal Palace (h) Leicester City (h) West Bromwich Albion (h) Watford (a)

They've drawn a few at home and some of those teams will need points.....pulis is a c*nt and Watford will wanna win their last home game

Longshot but never know. I'd be happy with a draw tonight.....
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1631 on: April 27, 2017, 01:51:34 pm »
We need a city win. This means Utd will win as the club is cursed.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: April 27, 2017, 02:03:46 pm »
No im not a masochist. Since the old tramp retired it has been entertaining each season watching them start thinking they are going to win the league and then not even challenge..

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: April 27, 2017, 03:42:21 pm »
I know it's been stated already - but apart from winning our 4 games (easier said than done of course) - Manu/Arse are dropping points by default since they play each other - we just don't know what the nature of those dropped points will be.

From my perspective - a draw would be ideal - as it causes both to lose 2.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: April 27, 2017, 03:47:07 pm »
We need a city win. This means Utd will win as the club is cursed.

Almost certainly correct.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1635 on: April 27, 2017, 04:06:12 pm »
Glad someone else sees it the way I do. Utterly shameful feeling as a Liverpool supporter having to hope city beat Utd so we can somehow cling to a top four place after doing so well up to halfway point in the league.

Spin it any way you want but hoping other results go your way isn't management.

Considering where we have been for most of the season, essentially in the top 4, it's disappointing that we're now relying on other teams to do us favours.

There have been some harsh lessons learnt this season. We relied too heavily on Mané and paid the consequences in January for not planning properly without him and are paying the consequences now. There is just nobody like him in the squad or anyone that offers what he does. In my view, Henderson has been a massive loss. Was the best central midfielder in the league for quite a while until he ran into injury problems. Earlier, losing Coutinho for 2 months. Then losing Lallana at such a crucial stage, plus all the other injury prone players (Matip, Lovren, Sturridge, etc). We have just not been able to maintain any consistency because key players are always out and the squad was not strong enough to overcome that.

I still believe we can get top 4, if we win all our games. Hopefully we pull it off and actually learn from the lessons this season.
YWNA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: April 27, 2017, 04:10:49 pm »
Considering where we have been for most of the season, essentially in the top 4, it's disappointing that we're now relying on other teams to do us favours.

There have been some harsh lessons learnt this season. We relied too heavily on Mané and paid the consequences in January for not planning properly without him and are paying the consequences now. There is just nobody like him in the squad or anyone that offers what he does. In my view, Henderson has been a massive loss. Was the best central midfielder in the league for quite a while until he ran into injury problems. Earlier, losing Coutinho for 2 months. Then losing Lallana at such a crucial stage, plus all the other injury prone players (Matip, Lovren, Sturridge, etc). We have just not been able to maintain any consistency because key players are always out and the squad was not strong enough to overcome that.

I still believe we can get top 4, if we win all our games. Hopefully we pull it off and actually learn from the lessons this season.

We ended up losing Coutinho for effectively 3.5 months - as he was awful when he came back for the next 6 weeks

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: April 27, 2017, 04:31:08 pm »
Or a more pertinent question ... are you a closet Utd fan?
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1638 on: April 27, 2017, 04:43:14 pm »
plenty of injuries, couple of red cards, fighting on the touchline and a City win will do me
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1639 on: April 27, 2017, 04:44:15 pm »
plenty of injuries, couple of red cards, fighting on the touchline and a City win will do me

Just go full hog and a couple of docked points for both teams.