Author Topic: The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread  (Read 58465 times)

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
Re: The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread
« Reply #480 on: February 16, 2012, 06:25:10 pm »
Anybody bought a good replacement battery? Mines ok just wouldnt mind a spare for a long trip. Seen this one on play has anybody bought it before? http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/20463609/Samsung-Galaxy-S2-i9100-Replacement-Rechargable-Battery-1800-mAh/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=samsung+galaxy+s2+battery&urlrefer=search
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #481 on: February 16, 2012, 11:26:13 pm »
Anybody bought a good replacement battery? Mines ok just wouldnt mind a spare for a long trip. Seen this one on play has anybody bought it before? http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/20463609/Samsung-Galaxy-S2-i9100-Replacement-Rechargable-Battery-1800-mAh/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=samsung+galaxy+s2+battery&urlrefer=search

What battery's in yours now mate? Mine's an Epic 4g Touch that came stock with an 1800mAh battery (that's lasting me about 27 hours before hitting the 20% 'Plug In Your Charger' message)
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #482 on: February 17, 2012, 10:40:09 am »
Can anyone pls tell me where the fuck the Bookmarks are on this pls?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2012, 01:13:26 pm »

Are you trying to find it from the widget rather than the browser?

I think that's it although I've installed Opera Mini as my default browser now.
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2012, 02:42:41 pm »

in the browser press the menu key its the box with the star in top right hand corner.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread
« Reply #485 on: February 17, 2012, 05:28:04 pm »
I have been using this phone for a while now and can safely say its the best phone I have ever had.

I moved to Android to start developing apps but am not regretting it at all.

By the way I have just released my second app to the market. FBDelete, it notifies you when someone deletes you on Facebook. http://goo.gl/ZOdvt

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #486 on: February 17, 2012, 05:41:56 pm »
What battery's in yours now mate? Mine's an Epic 4g Touch that came stock with an 1800mAh battery (that's lasting me about 27 hours before hitting the 20% 'Plug In Your Charger' message)
Mines just the normal one that came with it. How much is that one?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #487 on: February 17, 2012, 11:06:01 pm »
Cheers both regarding Bookmarks . Sorted.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline SportBilly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: February 17, 2012, 11:22:13 pm »
Mines just the normal one that came with it. How much is that one?

Depends where you are. I think mine's a US-only model and is slightly different to other S2's (bigger screen, more powerful battery, etc).

Cheers both regarding Bookmarks . Sorted.

Glad to hear it mate :)

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2012, 08:58:45 pm »
Just ordered the Galaxy SII

however i looked t the reviews and however much research i did this one came out on top in most cases

should come next week hopefully, voda have recently revised prices a tad prob due to the s3 being announced soon. cant wait to have a play ant recommendations on software upgrades and apps appreciated

goes without saying lfchistory.net app will be up first

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
    • Last FM
« Reply #490 on: February 20, 2012, 01:01:14 pm »
 :lickin :D

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: February 20, 2012, 01:07:46 pm »
Just ordered one in white, should be here on Wednesday.

Free phone and only £21.50 a month on O2.

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
    • Last FM
« Reply #492 on: February 20, 2012, 01:30:29 pm »
Just ordered one in white, should be here on Wednesday.

Free phone and only £21.50 a month on O2.

You will not regret it.

Excellent phone and ICS is coming very soon.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #493 on: February 20, 2012, 07:56:00 pm »
I will take ICS on but does anyone recommend any other mods ? I hear alot of people get shut of touchwiz

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
    • Last FM
The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread
« Reply #494 on: February 20, 2012, 08:25:05 pm »
I'm waiting for cm9

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #495 on: February 20, 2012, 09:28:05 pm »
I'm waiting for cm9

so what is that?

instead of ics ? or does it replace touchwiz?

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: February 20, 2012, 10:29:25 pm »
Is there any way to get a folder onto my home screen that's within the "My Files" folder?
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #497 on: February 21, 2012, 03:27:31 am »
Is there any way to get a folder onto my home screen that's within the "My Files" folder?

Do you not just touch hold the home screen and choose Add Folder ?

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #498 on: February 21, 2012, 04:54:49 pm »
Just ordered the Galaxy SII

however i looked t the reviews and however much research i did this one came out on top in most cases

but the iphone is better...
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #499 on: February 21, 2012, 04:55:51 pm »
Funnily enough just ordered one of these after I found I was due an upgrade since March last year.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #500 on: February 21, 2012, 04:56:18 pm »

iPhone is Apple.

= Not better.

= Shite and Evil.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #501 on: February 21, 2012, 06:34:29 pm »
iPhone is Apple.

= Not better.

= Shite and Evil.

I agree. I was just saying what the majority of people say
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #502 on: February 21, 2012, 06:41:52 pm »
The bird got one last week, seems pretty good.

Anything she definately should have on it apart from angry birds  :wave
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #503 on: February 21, 2012, 07:21:29 pm »
The bird got one last week, seems pretty good.

Anything she definately should have on it apart from angry birds  :wave

I started typing every app i had, realised the list was massive and then realised i was only 3 pages in on my phone so deleted my post..

Just make sure you have a 3g data counter (e.g. 3g watchdog), data on/off widget and a virus scanner..rest is up to you

PS: Applanet is your friend ;)

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #504 on: February 21, 2012, 08:29:14 pm »

suppose its a matter of opinion really however looking at the spec the iphone is not better. I was lucky that my wife has the iphone and my sister in law has the s2 so played with both recently, the iphone did nothing to impress me hence i chose the s2 but opinions will always be on both sides of the fence

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #505 on: February 21, 2012, 08:50:29 pm »
suppose its a matter of opinion really however looking at the spec the iphone is not better. I was lucky that my wife has the iphone and my sister in law has the s2 so played with both recently, the iphone did nothing to impress me hence i chose the s2 but opinions will always be on both sides of the fence

Right, just to clear it up. IMO i dont think it's better (well the resolution is) I was just typing what the majority of the people thin. That's why i even add the '...'

Just like that gadget show on tv the other day. They gave some guy who works at Charlton Fc 3 tablets, and although the asus oen seemed to be the best, he just went for the apple. Even the guy hosting the show said "it's not the best tablet" but because it's apple it means it is

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #506 on: February 21, 2012, 09:36:00 pm »
Right, just to clear it up. IMO i dont think it's better (well the resolution is) I was just typing what the majority of the people thin. That's why i even add the '...'

Just like that gadget show on tv the other day. They gave some guy who works at Charlton Fc 3 tablets, and although the asus oen seemed to be the best, he just went for the apple. Even the guy hosting the show said "it's not the best tablet" but because it's apple it means it is

yes good point, i work with two lads who openly admit their iphones may not be as good as say the highly regarded S2 but if i say would you swap next time they say No, never, iphone 5 next = thats even without knowing what it looks like or if it even turns out to be shit.

Strange one really, they have been sold.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: February 21, 2012, 11:08:39 pm »
Do you not just touch hold the home screen and choose Add Folder ?

I.can add the "my files" folder that way, I was just wondering if you could put a shortcut that goes to a folder inside that straight on the home page.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #508 on: February 21, 2012, 11:29:55 pm »
I agree. I was just saying what the majority of people say

:thumbs

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #509 on: February 21, 2012, 11:31:09 pm »
yes good point, i work with two lads who openly admit their iphones may not be as good as say the highly regarded S2 but if i say would you swap next time they say No, never, iphone 5 next = thats even without knowing what it looks like or if it even turns out to be shit.

Strange one really, they have been sold.

That's Apple Fanboys for you. They aren't interested in the technology - just the brand.

Offline SportBilly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: February 22, 2012, 01:28:13 pm »

Yes mate, with the free Astro File Manager App:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.metago.astro&hl=en

:wave

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: February 22, 2012, 01:30:53 pm »
Took delivery of a white one last night, fully charged and connected now, what a lovely bit of kit.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: February 22, 2012, 10:26:05 pm »
Took delivery of a white one last night, fully charged and connected now, what a lovely bit of kit.

i'm guessing it's back on the charger now ;D
STFU and agree with me.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #513 on: February 22, 2012, 11:26:20 pm »
got over 400 contacts in my old o2 nokia e72 and need to get them into my vodafone s2, whats the best way. I cant sync and the o2 sim will not work in the voda s2 also the voda sim will only take just over 200 contacts onto it ? :-[

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #514 on: February 22, 2012, 11:32:44 pm »
got over 400 contacts in my old o2 nokia e72 and need to get them into my vodafone s2, whats the best way. I cant sync and the o2 sim will not work in the voda s2 also the voda sim will only take just over 200 contacts onto it ? :-[

do what i did create a gmail account and upload them  (basically stores all your contacts as a backup ) all to that and then download them to the s2 as a sim restore should have them all

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: February 22, 2012, 11:35:45 pm »
saw my mate with one of these the other day.Looked like an i pad attached to his ear.Massive.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #516 on: February 23, 2012, 01:36:56 am »

Backup your contacts from within the old phone, it should give you a .vcf file. Maybe more than one. Anyway get them on your PC and go into gmail and upload those files there. The S2 will then download them automatically.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #517 on: February 23, 2012, 12:28:07 pm »
After setting my heart on the Nexus I'm starting to give this serious consideration.  I just have a bit of a mental block when it comes to renewing my 2 year mobile contract with a phone that's already a year old and with a successor just round the corner.

Would anyone who's used both this and ICS say that the difference is worth paying the extra for?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: February 23, 2012, 01:00:55 pm »
After setting my heart on the Nexus I'm starting to give this serious consideration.  I just have a bit of a mental block when it comes to renewing my 2 year mobile contract with a phone that's already a year old and with a successor just round the corner.

Would anyone who's used both this and ICS say that the difference is worth paying the extra for?

I had this choice last week, apparently ICS will be available to download for the S2 very soon, that swung it for me...S2 won.

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: February 23, 2012, 01:27:29 pm »
I had this choice last week, apparently ICS will be available to download for the S2 very soon, that swung it for me...S2 won.

Yes, except the early rom leaks have shown this to look almost identical to gingerbread thanks to Samsung not updating any of the icons or other things you associate with the look of ICS.

I'm hoping they're just holding back the updated look of ICS for the SIII due out later this year, because as nice as the SII is, Touchwiz gets boring very quickly.