Author Topic: Rafa's Euro 2008 Column - Translations by ASF!  (Read 51690 times)

Offline amoh

• Kopite
Re: Rafa's Euro 2008 Column - Translations by ASF!
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2008, 01:46:51 pm »
If you have the most talented players do you need to be an above average coach to get them to beat players they are better than?
Yes.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2008, 01:58:06 pm »
He did state in the press last night that he might, just can't find the quote this AM.

Feel really bad for Fernando, he's been starved of service for 5 games now in this Spanish formation.
He surely wont even think about dropping Torres, particularly with Villa looking like he's out.  I suppose the only concern is he reverts to 4-5-1 against Germany and uses Guiza because of this 2 goals.

In saying that though, the 4-5-1 could make this a final made for Torres.  Heres hoping!!

Offline The Finn

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2008, 02:13:39 pm »
He did state in the press last night that he might, just can't find the quote this AM.

Feel really bad for Fernando, he's been starved of service for 5 games now in this Spanish formation.

Someone find this quote, I'd be shocked if he didn't start Torres with Fabregas in behind him.

e: Nevermind, it's in the FT thread, and is a nothing quote anyway
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 02:26:11 pm by The Finn »

Offline firebrand

• Anny Roader
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2008, 02:14:23 pm »
He surely wont even think about dropping Torres, particularly with Villa looking like he's out.  I suppose the only concern is he reverts to 4-5-1 against Germany and uses Guiza because of this 2 goals.

In saying that though, the 4-5-1 could make this a final made for Torres.  Heres hoping!!

Which two goals?
Dave Whelan is the comedian of the north west!!!!

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2008, 02:54:46 pm »
Which two goals?

Guiza scored against Greece and Russia
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2008, 03:30:26 pm »
You are fucking boring now... Spain are in the final for the first time in god know how many years and the coach deserved some credit. It doesn't matter how good is the squad, the coach has to be able to maximixe its ability to reach a final of one of the biggest tournament. How they played in qualifier games has fuck all to do with that.

mind ur language kiddo..
aragones is a lousy coach and he got spain to the final cos the other coaches of the big teams  are even worse..
aragones was a failure at at. madrid and just check out how they fared during his tenure..
even if aragones win the euros, he is still a lousy coach.. ask him to lead turkey and russia and see if he can even make it past the qualifiers.. he will probably end up like javier clemente who  coached serbia into oblivion..

White liquid in a bottle. It's milk, for sure.

Offline amoh

• Kopite
« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2008, 03:38:07 pm »
mind ur language kiddo..
aragones is a lousy coach and he got spain to the final cos the other coaches of the big teams  are even worse..
aragones was a failure at at. madrid and just check out how they fared during his tenure..
even if aragones win the euros, he is still a lousy coach.. ask him to lead turkey and russia and see if he can even make it past the qualifiers.. he will probably end up like javier clemente who  coached serbia into oblivion..
Doen't matter what he done with Atletico when he's coaching Spain, Fatih Terim done fuck all with Milan is he a shite coach? Aragones isn't the best in the world, but he's done a better job than any Spain coach in recent history.

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2008, 03:55:56 pm »
mind ur language kiddo..

Coach will be judged by the result, and like it or not, he brought spain to the final and deserve his credit. Doesn't matter if he beat the team with inferior coach or inferior squad. Oh I just wonder how old r u to call me a kiddo.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2008, 04:17:35 pm »
Agree with that, except yesterday.  He was getting decent service but just couldn't bang them in like he does for us.

Exactly.  I think Fabregas made the difference for Torres.  I'd really want to see him do well against Germany.  Hope he starts!
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2008, 04:36:46 pm »
Coach will be judged by the result, and like it or not, he brought spain to the final and deserve his credit. Doesn't matter if he beat the team with inferior coach or inferior squad. Oh I just wonder how old r u to call me a kiddo.

old enuff to respect others amid differences of opinions and to use decent language..
can a lousy coach win honours? why not? as much as an average team like greece did with a decent coach.. scolari is a decent coach despite losing to germans.. getting to a final doesnt get him legendary status automatically..

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2008, 05:14:23 pm »
old enough to respect others amid differences of opinions and to use decent language..
can a lousy coach win honours? why not? as much as an average team like greece did with a decent coach.. scolari is a decent coach despite losing to germans.. getting to a final doesnt get him legendary status automatically..

No one's calling him a legend.  He does however deserve credit, at least some of it, for what Spain has achieved this tournament, as all of the Spanish fans on this forum (Xxavvi, Phoenix Wright) can attest to.

Your arguments just don't make sense.  Rehhagel deserves credit for bringing a dour, average Greece team the trophy precisely because he managed to make a group of players perform above their level.  Scolari has won a World Cup so he's proven himself even if he didn't make it with the Portuguese.  But given YOUR logic, Scolari was coaching Brazil when Ronaldo and Ronaldinho were at their peaks, so he's just a lucky coach because of his supernaturally talented players.  That's basically what you're saying about Aragones isn't it?   :butt

I'd say I just exposed your contradictions and your bias against Aragones, but getting you to admit that would be impossible.  So go on, Aragones is a lousy coach who's just taken Spain, the most masterful, unlucky big-time chokers I've ever seen, to their first major final in two decades mainly by bumbling around on the byline looking like he's having a heart attack.  Enjoy your version of reality.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2008, 05:46:32 pm »
No one's calling him a legend.  He does however deserve credit, at least some of it, for what Spain has achieved this tournament, as all of the Spanish fans on this forum (Xxavvi, Phoenix Wright) can attest to.

Your arguments just don't make sense.  Rehhagel deserves credit for bringing a dour, average Greece team the trophy precisely because he managed to make a group of players perform above their level.  Scolari has won a World Cup so he's proven himself even if he didn't make it with the Portuguese.  But given YOUR logic, Scolari was coaching Brazil when Ronaldo and Ronaldinho were at their peaks, so he's just a lucky coach because of his supernaturally talented players.  That's basically what you're saying about Aragones isn't it?   :butt

I'd say I just exposed your contradictions and your bias against Aragones, but getting you to admit that would be impossible.  So go on, Aragones is a lousy coach who's just taken Spain, the most masterful, unlucky big-time chokers I've ever seen, to their first major final in two decades mainly by bumbling around on the byline looking like he's having a heart attack.  Enjoy your version of reality.

wrong, mate..

scolari is a good coach with great players; he aint just lucky but he was good..
my version of reality is that aragones got spain to the final not cos hes good, but cos spain has got good players and domenech and donadoni and van basten are even worse than aragones..

by taking spain to the final doesnt make him a better coach as he is; maybe more successful but still a lousy coach.. even then, u cant judge players or coaches on one tournament alone and having watched aragones many times before in la liga, hes no better than our very own mcclaren..

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2008, 06:10:21 pm »
wrong, mate..

scolari is a good coach with great players; he aint just lucky but he was good..
my version of reality is that aragones got spain to the final not cos hes good, but cos spain has got good players and domenech and donadoni and van basten are even worse than aragones..

by taking spain to the final doesnt make him a better coach as he is; maybe more successful but still a lousy coach.. even then, u cant judge players or coaches on one tournament alone and having watched aragones many times before in la liga, hes no better than our very own mcclaren..

Look, it's fair if you don't rate Aragones.  I just want to know what your measure is for calling him a lousy coach, you say you've seen him in La Liga, where he has won trophies.  You say Scolari is a good coach, not just lucky like Aragones, but unless you saw Scolari coaching in Brazil your only basis for rating him is his World Cup performances with Brazil, because he managed to do fuck all with Portugal.

Spain has good players that have won nothing since 1964.  Anyone who's observed the country play knows there's a mental fragility, a bit of bad luck and internal divisions which have plagued their team and kept them from fulfilling their potential.  Aragones has managed to inject the toughness and unity which they've been so sorely lacking, and it reflects on their performances on the pitch.  I don't know who else you can credit for that, because the changes Aragones made from the World Cup to this campaign were the key factors.
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2008, 08:16:50 pm »
i've got no grudge against aragones, just putting it as i see it..
neither am i overly perturbed by his racist comment or his deployment of torres..

i simply do not agree that hes the one who has revived spain and transformed them from underachievers to would-be european champions.. the success of spain in euro2008 is down to the spanish players and the failure of other coaches rather than aragones' brilliance or tactical nous..

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2008, 08:19:48 pm »
5th…and revalidation (Sp)

Spain will play in a final again after 24 years.  The national team, which continues to make history, beat Russia after a shaky first half but with great authority after the break. The goals by Xavi, who broke the deadlock, Güiza and Silva, after a good counter-attack, put an end to the resistance of Hiddink’s team, which ended up as diluted as a sugar cube in a cup of coffee.  Only their target man, Roman Pavlyuchenko, showed glimpses of what was expected of them.  On the other hand, the highly-touted Andrei Arshavin, who had all eyes on him, was not a shadow of himself and practically didn’t contribute much to his team’s play.

However, we reached halftime without any goals because both teams were very cautious.  Spain, who did enjoy a higher number of chances although they had less possession, did not take advantage when they had the ball, especially at the start of the match.  Then, Russia equilibrated the balance with some chances, but with the same sterile result.  The usual change of positions between Silva and Iniesta was the most notable tactical nuance until the substitution of Cesc for the injured Villa.  After the asturiano’s exit, Torres was the sole reference up front and Fabregas, who later demolished the opposition, helped to gain more control in midfield.

Xavi’s goal put Spain ahead at the start of the second half and Luis’s men were a bigger threat on the counter-attack while their self-esteem grew, which resulted on a better distribution of the football.  Meanwhile, the Russian’s confusion was evidenced with two substitutions and the same number of yellow cards in a 10 minute stretch.  The addition of Xabi Alonso and Güiza in detriment of Xavi and Torres seemed to respond to the idea of keeping the same profile in terms of style but looking for more precision by adding fresh players.  Güiza’s goal, after good service from Cesc, certified all the fore-mentioned and sentenced the match.

That’s where the match practically ended.  Curiously enough, the loss of the team’s top scorer, Villa, allowed the entrance of the man who, finally, would prove key for the victory, Fabregas.  Spain passed with flying colours the semi-final test and next Sunday will vie for their hounour’s degree against a strong and potent team, with tradition, like the Germans.

By the way, referring to the other semifinal, where Germany went through, I’d like to comment that Turkey almost pulled it off once again.  They were close to forcing extra-time and, they didn’t, because of that late German goal that they conceded on an action that I would like to touch on out of curiosity.  The scorer was Lahm, a right-footed player that faced up Rustu from the left side of the attack.  The normal thing in this situation is to shoot at the far post, but the attacking player shot hard, high and to the near post.  Following the European school of goalkeeping, the Turk did the right thing more or less, which was to try to cover the most space possible although with no success.  If he had gone for the South-American approach, especially in Argentina, he would’ve kept straight, with a knee on the ground and he would’ve likely stopped the shot.  It’s not easy to handle both options, but I think it is a coachable aspect.

http://www.elmundo.es/eurocopa/2008/2008/06/27/columna_rafa_benitez/1214559207.html

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2008, 08:41:56 pm »
The last bit about Rustu has got me intrigued, as I can't remember what Rustu did.
Anyone point me to a clip of the goal, just so I can improve my own game

How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

royhendo

« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2008, 08:42:11 pm »
thanks again man - you're a godsend :D

this was fascinating:

By the way, referring to the other semifinal, where Germany went through, I’d like to comment that Turkey almost pulled it off once again.  They were close to forcing extra-time and, they didn’t, because of that late German goal that they conceded on an action that I would like to touch on out of curiosity.  The scorer was Lahm, a right-footed player that faced up Rustu from the left side of the attack.  The normal thing in this situation is to shoot at the far post, but the attacking player shot hard, high and to the near post.  Following the European school of goalkeeping, the Turk did the right thing more or less, which was to try to cover the most space possible although with no success.  If he had gone for the South-American approach, especially in Argentina, he would’ve kept straight, with a knee on the ground and he would’ve likely stopped the shot.  It’s not easy to handle both options, but I think it is a coachable aspect.

royhendo

« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2008, 08:46:36 pm »
The last bit about Rustu has got me intrigued, as I can't remember what Rustu did.
Anyone point me to a clip of the goal, just so I can improve my own game

It's funny cos our district schools coach years ago used to tell us to do exactly what lahm did cos keepers are coached to commit to the wider space. rafa's saying the argies coach keepers to stay upright and ground the knee - which is something you'll see if you look at Bergkamp's legendary 1998 goal.

here's the lahm goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpzrj4Jh1n4

here's the bergkamp goal - check out the goalie's positioning (but of course bergkamp goes far post):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvXVlfu4vs

Offline kwalitee, no?

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2008, 08:46:56 pm »
Thanks again, that last paragraph is really interesting.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: June 27, 2008, 08:48:37 pm »
think arragones has done very well for spain this tournament.

fabregas has been outstanding and the coach is getting the best out of him using him as an impact player against tired legs.

torres has struggled all tournament for me and if villa is fit, no one could blame arragones for pairing villa and fabregas together in the final.

if villa is not fit, then i'm sure torres will start, though i can see him only getting about 65mins (unless he bags a couple)  before he is replaced by the impressive guiza in the final.

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2008, 08:57:11 pm »
It's funny cos our district schools coach years ago used to tell us to do exactly what lahm did cos keepers are coached to commit to the wider space. rafa's saying the argies coach keepers to stay upright and ground the knee - which is something you'll see if you look at Bergkamp's legendary 1998 goal.

here's the lahm goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpzrj4Jh1n4

here's the bergkamp goal - check out the goalie's positioning (but of course bergkamp goes far post):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvXVlfu4vs
Cheers and thanks for the illustration of both .
I never had coaching but my own personal approach would have been to protect the near post but not on one knee, usually spreading and hoping my trailing leg blocks the far post
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:58:46 pm by harrytrow »

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2008, 09:20:58 pm »
So which one should you do? Euro or Argie?

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2008, 09:28:57 pm »
Cheers and thanks for the illustration of both .
I never had coaching but my own personal approach would have been to protect the near post but not on one knee, usually spreading and hoping my trailing leg blocks the far post

The knee part is so you have balance and can reach a low shot with your arms. Note that shooting above the goalie is always more difficult and many shots go wide. I think his best bet, especially since it was a defender shooting, was to protect a low shot to the near post.

In any case the goalkeeper has the lower hand in a situation like this.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2008, 10:21:00 pm »
If I was facing Torres, the Euro. thats where he seems to place them.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2008, 11:07:02 pm »

Yeah that bit at the end about the Lahm goal and keeping styles was great to read.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2008, 11:41:36 pm »
Yeah that bit at the end about the Lahm goal and keeping styles was great to read.

Rafa's a walking football encyclopedia no doubt.

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2008, 12:15:42 am »
Rafa is mad, admit it, how many of you knew that?
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2008, 11:48:20 am »
rafa is hung like an african elephant.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2008, 12:01:03 pm »
On the goalie thing, it was an excellent goal by Lahm, but I believe the goalie should protect the first post.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Mascherano_20

• Main Stander
« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2008, 12:12:06 pm »
I never knew that like everybody else , That shows how complicated Rafa's mind is lol and i bet u he teaches all of that to our defenders.

royhendo

« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2008, 12:48:41 pm »

i prefer the argie style (upright, balanced, and committing yourself late - you don't want to make the striker's mind up for them). it's more like handball-style isn't it

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2008, 01:01:23 pm »
This going down on one knee I have noticed with Pepe especially when one on one, and arms to his side but ready to raise

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #192 on: June 28, 2008, 01:08:16 pm »

It's like Rafa is a shaolin master who knows all the different styles of kung fu

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2008, 11:29:20 pm »
Thanks again ASF. It's great reading these coumns but the end of that one was particularly interesting. I know Rafa's a genius, but it's amazing to get an insight in to his attention to detail. It's a part of play which most people would completely miss when analysing a game and I'd say a lot of managers wouldn't even focus on such a small and seemingly insignificant detail. It just makes me grateful once again that we have such a wonderful manager in charge of us.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2008, 12:18:57 am »
If I was facing Torres, the Euro. thats where he seems to place them.

Check out 8:30 in this flick http://youtube.com/watch?v=5yslTL7NWl4
(from Spain-Sweden, Villa's goal)
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2008, 03:45:17 am »
This was posted before the match but i didn't have the time to translate it for obvious reasons.  Very good piece by Rafa and a great pre-match analysis.  The last  part will bring a few smiles i'm sure, Nostradamus like  ;D

Spain doesn't walk alone

Ever since we arrived in England, four years ago, there’s been many times that I’ve heard talk about an affinity, parallels and mutual affection.  Whether it was the “Spanish Liverpool”, or that the Anfield club was the adopted team of many Spaniards, or the massive television audiences tuning in to the Premier…The latest, as a result of the Euro Cup and after England’s failure to qualify for the finals, is that there is a general feeling of support towards the Spanish national team that is perceived in numerous types of situations on a daily basis here in Liverpool.

Everyone from English friends who shout “we’re going to win” with heavy emphasis on the verb, to text messages that fall in the same line of uncontrollable euphoria, and even special situations that I would like to expand on.  One of our captains, Jamie Carragher, owns a restaurant at the heart of the city.  Across from Eleanor Rigby’s statue, perpendicular to Mathew St., you can see today two huge Spain flags that hang from each of the side windows at the entrance.  Here, he has changed the name from Café Sports England to a circumstantial, I believe, Café Sports Spain.

Inside, where hundreds of English fans meet up to watch on the numerous tv sets spread all over the establishment’s walls, you can spot the photographs of Pepe Reina, Alvaro Arbeloa, Xabi Alonso and, now, especially, Fernando Torres.  But this is not all.  If you ask for the menu, you will find dishes like these: “Torres’s Tortilla Omellete”, “Pepe’s Pepperoni Pizza”, “Alonso’s Spicy Chicken Wings” or “Arbeloa’s Barbecue Ribs”.  Not to mention the reporters from all the different English TV stations, wearing a Spanish shirt, asking for people’s predictions for the final.  They’ve been doing it since the start of the Euro Cup.

But let’s speak about today’s final.  Spain, even without Villa, seem like the favourites on everyone’s mind.  I believe that they’ve earned that right.  Our play, based on controlling the ball and supported by the quality of many of our players, is a difficult thing to counteract by the opposing teams.  Little by little they begin to give way to the Spanish push and, when they concede a goal, they lose control of the situation, and their subsequent lack of order gives way to conceding more goals.  Germany possess order, physical prowess and quality in some of their players.  But, honestly, I believe that if Aragones’s men impose their style of play, the Germans will suffer.  Specially their central defenders who are way too big and corpulent.  If Silva, Iniesta or Fabregas receive the ball in between lines, Torres will receive more than one promising ball.

Back to the German team, Lahm’s runs forward, surprising from the back, Schweinsteiger, on the right, and Ballack, as an attacking midfielder if he finally plays, are their best weapons.  Acknowledging, like I said before, that Spain are the favourites, the only ‘but’ is something that all managers are aware of.  And that is that the Germans are incredibly competitive and very difficult to beat.  One last thing. I don’t know what Luis’s plan is for tonight, or whether Torres will play.  But I want to speak about Fernando for a moment.  First there was talk of his good understanding with Villa but when he got to play alone up front, his sole presence was a constant threat for the opposing defences, creating space between the lines that was other players were able to take advantage of.  For this reason, I’m shocked by some of the ruthless critique he has received for his overall contribution.  Hopefully he will shut them up tonight.   

http://www.elmundo.es/eurocopa/2008/2008/06/29/columna_rafa_benitez/1214723668.html

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2008, 03:57:46 am »
Cheers ASF, and congratulations to La Furia Roja!  The boss gets it right once again.  ;D

Offline klobutruck33

• Anny Roader
  • MELLORRRRRR!
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2008, 04:25:07 am »
Quote from: AnotherSpanishfan link=topic=221890.msg4498571#msg4498571 One last thing. [i
I don’t know what Luis’s plan is for tonight, or whether Torres will play.  But I want to speak about Fernando for a moment.  First there was talk of his good understanding with Villa but when he got to play alone up front, his sole presence was a constant threat for the opposing defences, creating space between the lines that was other players were able to take advantage of.  For this reason, I’m shocked by some of the ruthless critique he has received for his overall contribution.[/i]  Hopefully he will shut them up tonight.   

http://www.elmundo.es/eurocopa/2008/2008/06/29/columna_rafa_benitez/1214723668.html

I'm guessing Rafa isn't interested in buying a strike partner for Torres? Cheers ASF once again for the translation and congratulations on Spain winning the Euro's!
He's only on loan,
he's only on loannnn,
Rafa Benitez,
he'll be coming back home!

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2008, 04:30:58 am »

Spain doesn't walk alone

I'm so glad Rafa is ours.  Let's keep him forever and ever.

Germans will suffer. Specially their central defenders who are way too big and corpulent.
  ;D   I would love to see Rafa speak the word corpulent, me thinks it would have a 'no' on the end. His insight as usual is fascinating.
Muchas gracias ASF.

Offline kiwimark

• Kopite
« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2008, 05:11:41 am »
Hopefully he will shut them up tonight.   

----

I think he did that :)