Author Topic: Hotels in Newcastle  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Bannside Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Proud to be Red
Hotels in Newcastle
« on: August 28, 2003, 10:48:25 pm »
Anyone know of reasonably priced Hotels in the Toon.

Group of us going for the game in December and looking to book accomodation a.s.a.p.

Last stayed in Novotel, but too far out of City.  

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
Re:Hotels in Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 10:50:36 pm »
nothing wrong with the hotels round the airport. have twice stayed at the Premierlodge. Metro is 200 yds away. check metro times tho.

;)

Offline Walton_Gary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 12:03:54 am »
Try the Ravensdean hotel in Gateshead its a belter!

Offline Night Porter

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 08:43:22 pm »
I worked at the Ravensdene for 3 months - seemed like 3 years ! bloody chaotic man, got out sharpish.
Quayside Premier Lodge does weekend deals but book early cos it's always full.
Guess where I work?  ;D
"We didn't underestimate them,but they were a lot better than we thought"Sir Bobby Robson.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 09:27:49 pm »
Loads of reasonably priced hotels around Jesmond
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
Re: Hotels in Newcastle
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 02:12:34 am »
I've definitely seen bigger bumps in my time ;D

Myself and a group of mates are heading to Newcastle start of next month for the weekend for my mates 20th and wondered if any of you have any advice in regards to the hotel situation?

I was thinking of getting a hotel close to where all the bars are (Quayside?) but i've read on here that the Metro might help us out if we're further away. Its 6-8 lads who's going so anyone got any names of any hotels i can try? We're booking in advance because i can't see anyone wanting to take a group of lads on the day.

Might as well ask about the nightlife too, which bars are the best to navigate toward?
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 07:23:56 am »
If you like real ales , try Bacchus pub right in city centre of a little side street called High Bridge I think . It's won Tyneside CAMRA pub of the year in 09,10 & 11,

Nice pub with really good ales & decent grub as well. Away fans welcome as well.

Crown Posada is another similar pub to that with real ales & it's on the way to the Quayside.
Newcastle Arms for a pub near the ground.

As for hotels I once stayed in the Travelodge down by the Quayside. It was reasonably priced . I won't profess to say it was brilliant as you pay for what you get but for a night or two with lads on the piss it does a job .
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 10:29:52 am »
I've stayed in a few hotels in Newcastle over the years but these days I always try and stay in the Royal Station Hotel right next to Central, I was there just a couple of weeks ago.
It's all a bit faded elegance of a bygone age, but the breakfast is champion, I tend to rate hotels by their provision or lack of proper weetabix, it's usually a good omen that's yet to let me down, and the rooms are clean, warm and quiet.
The rate varies around £55-70 per night depending on what night, and then your full on heart attack inducing breakfast is an extra £9.75 on top.
Free wifi, ask at the reception for a code.
I've found it's convenient for everywhere in the town centre and the Metro & mainline station is just a 100m stagger away.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline vezna

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 01:45:52 pm »
I recommend not staying in the Quayside area. It's all a bit of a wine bar / restaurant type area. Look for something closer to Big Market. It's just trashy pubs and clubs where the ultimate goal is to get smashed and / or pull.

Offline thedanny

• Danny Dyer is not just for Xmas. This Custom Title lasts all year. As does my adoration of him, however much I protest.
  • Kopite
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 02:24:50 pm »
I recommend not staying in the Quayside area. It's all a bit of a wine bar / restaurant type area. Look for something closer to Big Market. It's just trashy pubs and clubs where the ultimate goal is to get smashed and / or pull.

I agree with this filthy animal... and don't stay in the Travellodge on Foster St, they'll try and kick you out and ban you for absolutely fuck all.

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 03:26:03 pm »
Jurys INN normally pretty cheap!
Allez Allez Allez

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 06:05:04 pm »
I've definitely seen bigger bumps in my time ;D

Myself and a group of mates are heading to Newcastle start of next month for the weekend for my mates 20th and wondered if any of you have any advice in regards to the hotel situation?

I was thinking of getting a hotel close to where all the bars are (Quayside?) but i've read on here that the Metro might help us out if we're further away. Its 6-8 lads who's going so anyone got any names of any hotels i can try? We're booking in advance because i can't see anyone wanting to take a group of lads on the day.

Might as well ask about the nightlife too, which bars are the best to navigate toward?

Try the Hansen http://hansenhotel.co.uk/ quite aptly named for a Red... it's handy for town, Jesmond's Osborne Road and the metro which gets you to the coast in about 20-30 mins (depending which bit of the coast you want).

Can give you more info if you want, I live in Jesmond. If you fancy Osborne Rd, Ru is the bar to head for. There are lots of hotels and bars, plus a fair few restaurants. At the Hansen you are maybe 20 mins walk from town, or you could be lazy and go by metro, especially if you're heading for the Quayside.