Author Topic: Liverpool 0 v 1 Stoke 1-1 AET 5-4 Pens Lge Cup SF 2nd Lg 26/1/2016 Arnautovic 45  (Read 116321 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
It never should have gone to extra time. That idiot linesman almost cost us a trip to the Final. :no
They really mess with destiny these boys.
Remember the 2 decisions against City/Chelsea we didn't get in 13/14? Yip.

How different it would've been that season. Tonight the tosser almost cost us! Unbelievable!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
think overall was a tired performance after that weekend epic. Roberto, Lucas can, all looked off..

Is Milner not passing to Benteke for some reason. Allen is quality, gave some calming influence when he came on. Top notch pressure pen as well..

that was heart thumping stuff at the end there, need a drink now
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:41:10 pm by Paul_h »

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
WEMBLY. WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLYYYYYY

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
For the love of God though Jurgen, start playing Joe Allen!!! Lucas and Can are woefully out of form

Im all for giving allen a chance. But Lucas was probably our best player today.

Offline FoolForPool

• Main Stander
Yessssss !!!!!! Wembley here we come.  But please let us come with a team that can play football because this lot were shite.  Sorry, but we are a team devoid of talent.  At least we fight.

Klopp deserves a trip to Wembley for having to manage these guys :-(  Still onwards and upwards, they did get us there.  Well done Mignolet, 2 penalty saves.  You get a lot of stick but you guessed right in every shot and saved two of them.   

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
Allen along with Ibe have been the players of the season so far without a doubt!

Ibe????

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
Easy as you like.  Jeez - I think I need the rest of the week off work.

Loved the bookings of Flanagan and Allen - we could have been Underneath The Arches if it had gone wrong.

Cheers
Jon

Offline bepoq

• a-lu-la!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
Re: Re: Mignolet signs new long-term LFC contract (*)
« Reply #447 on: January 26, 2016, 10:39:52 pm »
Thought it was his best game for us, all round, in several years. Came excellently for a couple of fine punches that found reds, and a couple of good catches! Then was excellent for the penalties.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Special mention to Emre Can who'd have been taken to shreds had we lost this. Worst performance in a red shirt.

I kept on asking myself, what the fuck did he offer in the whole 120 minutes? He was running in the earlier parts of the game but then as time went on he became non-existent to the point where I thought he was actually subbed off.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
Lallana's pen was our first shot on target........just hope we sort ourfuckinselves out before we meet the bitters at wembley

No come on that's silly first shot on target was the 1st minute of extra time
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A lot of work to be done clearly, I think Klopp is fully aware of tat now if he wasn't already.

I often see our players accused of being cowards or bottlers, I don't think you can say that about this group. I honestly just think they lack ability in the key areas.

Great to get through tonight but the mood would have been very different if we had lost that shootout.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Winning without winning  8)

Michael should be all over that :P
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
Fucking yes!

Get in Mignolet!

Ref tried his best to stop us getting to the final with their offisde goal allowed & not giving us a pen, but fuck him we did it anyways.

We were very poor on the day, but who gives a shit! ;D ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Served up utter shit tonight...

We deserved nothing, and to be fair, Stoke deserved to go through.

Fortunately they are c*nts, so I'm glad they've gone out unfairly.

We only had one moment of any quality, Mingolets save. Very few penalties are saved (missed more often), let alone ones of that quality, that was absolutely world class.

But the players....

Can.... Dreadful in every respect....

Sakho, some good blocks, but doesn't cut out the cross for the goal and let's the ball bounce rather than clear it.

Moreno... Pass

Firmino.... Did nothing... But I suppose he had no service

Bentekke..... Pass

Milner... Worked incredibly hard for the team.. Little quality though

Flanno? Looked like he would rather hack his leg off than get beaten

Hendo,  very very wayward in possession.... Is is still suffering from the plantar fasciitis ?

Lallana,  didn't do much of note

Lucas, full of energy, thought he played well

Christ, I've been as polite as I could be, it's really bad to slate players, up there were some unacceptable performances tonight.... Unacceptable.

How depressing....

But we are in the final!!!

Please let Humungous D be fit.... Just for once... Please.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Miklagard

• Anny Roader
Allen deserves a rimjob after that penalty.

Offline jamescache

• Main Stander
  • Grew up with Craig Johnston's hair.
Although Everton will be easier, in a way I actually hope City win tomorrow so that we are guaranteed Europa League next year. Think it's still a worthwhile competition to learn from.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Well done us. I didn't fancy us on pens, but fair play to everyone who took one and well done Mignolet.

Now that is something we do well. We love them like Pauline from The League of Gentlemen.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
Wembley again. You know how we do.
To be fair we were dreadful and could've easily go on out tonight. Bring on City or the Bitters.
MOTM Mignolet/Sakho.
Migs I take it all back.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: January 26, 2016, 10:40:30 pm »
Really top drawer save, bravo!

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
Benteke, Allen and Migs. Happy for the 3 of them - well done.

Wembley trips are always great.

Offline Rafafari

• Main Stander
Thank F#ck the finale isn't at Anfield.... We're terrible at home at the moment,,,,, Get In Redmen...

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
We are good at pens aren't we? We love a pen shootout. A Final... Wembley... v Everton... lovely.

Offline Cream147

• Anny Roader
Also, I think I can revolutionise Christian Benteke's game with three words. Hit it early. He seems to be scared to shoot, and no good striker is scared to shoot. Did you see where Naismith was when he whacked one in against us at the weekend? And he's certainly not a good striker!

I've seen Benteke, he's got a very good shot, but tonight in ~75 minutes of play I don't believe he shot once. Hit it early son, hit it early.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Lallana's pen was our first shot on target........just hope we sort ourfuckinselves out before we meet the bitters at wembley

Wasn't.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
Hope Jurgens glasses survived ?
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Allen along with Ibe have been the players of the season so far without a doubt!

Ibe, my friend, has been the standout worst player tonight.
He looked drunk, did not make a single correct decision all night.
Just pointless dribbles into dead ends - made everything simple for Stoke.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
We were knackered tonight - properly out of it - the full effect of long injury list was felt fully.

Jammy fuckers getting an offside goal - we did not deserve to lose the tie (based on our performance over both games).

Thank fuck Migs is so good at defending against penalties.

Jürgen Klopp's first Liverpool Cup Final

:wellin

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
For the love of God though Jurgen, start playing Joe Allen!!! Lucas and Can are woefully out of form

Lucas had a good game tonight but Emre let the game pass him by. It was a poor performance all over the park. Lallana was very weak as was Henderson. Sakho had some good moments but he also had a few shaky ones like letting the ball bounce in the penalty area.
#JFT97

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
Flanno MOTM in 90 minutes

Then Migs in the shootout
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Well feck that for a game of soldiers ... my heart was doing the samba there. Fair dues to all of the spot kickers. You know they've got character, the night didn't go well, felt like we'd never ever score but they hung on, kept taking the game to Stoke and when it was time to stand up they stood up. Feckin' ace. Delighted.

Offline Zack

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #470 on: January 26, 2016, 10:41:12 pm »
Well done he did great in the end  :)

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quality penalty from Benteke also, I thought he did well up top. He wasn't isolated and it made a difference.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
Glad we got through.

Allen and Firmino can stay. Sell everyone else. :P

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
Joe Allen <3

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Joe Allen is the Welsh Allen.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Out of darkness cometh light

Firmino with a toe poke was our first
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog you must stick together" - Bob Paisley

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
My nerves are shredded to fuck ::) ::)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Stolen from stoke forum

Winning without actually winning! ;D

It's a win they'd want to forget as soon as possible! You couldn't have asked for anything weirder :lmao
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It wasnt on TV over here and I couldnt get a stream so I went back to bed, was a 3:45am kick off.

What happened. I thought them needing to win would play into our hands and we'd win on the night comfortably

So Mig saved a Pen and Allen got the winner?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.