Author Topic: Anfield to host All Star Charity match  (Read 128223 times)

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield to host All Star Charity match
« Reply #160 on: March 7, 2015, 03:32:05 pm »
Sounds great this, gutted I have a 50th to attend the same day.  Well not gutted, but just one of them really.

Will be nice to see some of the 21s and 18s playing alongside some of our modern greats.  And of course will be lovely to see the likes of Kuyt, Riise and our two former strikers back on the pitch. 

Offline Anfield1989

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: March 7, 2015, 05:08:52 pm »
Looks like Suarez is making an extra effort to be there for the game according to BR. He has international commitments that weekend.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 7, 2015, 05:24:41 pm »
If you want to see real despicable cynicism look at what Gary Neville did with his testimonial money....

Unfortunately in the real world it's not reasonable to expect the level of charity and togetherness that many would want, so acts like this testimonial should be supported and encouraged rather than used as a platform to raise (valid) concerns about footballer wages and the state of the wealth distribution.

I'm sure the kids at Alder Hey will appreciate the money to help them

Yup. He spun it as a supporters clubs for the fans, but essentially he used the money to set up a business.  But yet some people view this game with cynicism...  :butt
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #163 on: March 7, 2015, 05:27:49 pm »
Yup. He spun it as a supporters clubs for the fans, but essentially he used the money to set up a business.  But yet some people view this game with cynicism...  :butt

I would think he had enough money to set up a business anyway?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 7, 2015, 05:29:50 pm »
I would think he had enough money to set up a business anyway?

He bought Salford FC with that money...  ::)
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #165 on: March 7, 2015, 05:47:49 pm »
Whatever people may think of John Terry, Drogba and Torres, they're giving their time to support good causes on Merseyside so it would be nice if we could hold off on the abuse for one game.

Totally agree
YNWA

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 7, 2015, 06:03:54 pm »
any idea if any of the tv stations have picked this up ?

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
« Reply #167 on: March 8, 2015, 11:26:51 am »
Anyone had trouble getting tickets for this? Just tried to buy 2 adults and a kid as sister wants to take one of the kids and I said I will go with but when I get to the checkout it says 8 have too many tickets. That can't be right for 2 adults and a kid can it?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #168 on: March 8, 2015, 02:21:42 pm »
Anyone had trouble getting tickets for this? Just tried to buy 2 adults and a kid as sister wants to take one of the kids and I said I will go with but when I get to the checkout it says 8 have too many tickets. That can't be right for 2 adults and a kid can it?

Think it's a ratio of 3:1 on the adult/child tickets? - there's a bit of info at the very end of the selling details up on lfc.tv website on it.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #169 on: March 8, 2015, 02:26:11 pm »
Think it's a ratio of 3:1 on the adult/child tickets? - there's a bit of info at the very end of the selling details up on lfc.tv website on it.

It's 3:1 but the other way round I think, 3 kids per 1 adult.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #170 on: March 8, 2015, 02:39:56 pm »
Pepe confirmed now, too.
AHA!

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 9, 2015, 03:04:00 pm »
I imagine this will be shown by BT Sport. It seems like their sort of game.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 9, 2015, 03:23:40 pm »
Will there at least be a fully qualified doctor playing?

I think it would be a bit remiss of the club not to field a doctor in such an important match, seeing as the only medical man at the club is a 16 year old YTS with a box of Disney plasters out of Poundland.

And a bag of frozen peas out of Farmfoods.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #173 on: March 9, 2015, 03:24:25 pm »
Will there at least be a fully qualified doctor playing?

I think it would be a bit remiss of the club not to field a doctor in such an important match, seeing as the only medical man at the club is a 16 year old YTS with a box of Disney plasters out of Poundland.

And a bag of frozen peas out of Farmfoods.

Blackburn's doctor has been invited to play.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 9, 2015, 03:33:27 pm »
Blackburn's doctor has been invited to play.

He's cup tied , unfortunately.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #175 on: March 9, 2015, 03:34:10 pm »
He's cup tied , unfortunately.

Dr Ibe?

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 9, 2015, 08:04:42 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #177 on: March 9, 2015, 08:06:38 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-liverpool-fc-ace-luis-suarez-8806134

Echo saying Suarez will skip an international match to take part!

Is he not suspended still for them anyway?

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #178 on: March 9, 2015, 10:05:07 pm »
If the crowd throw abuse at Terry, Drogba et al for this game, this one game, I'll be truly ashamed of our fans. And that hasn't happened in a very long time.

Truth is, had Drogba and Terry joined Liverpool at the age of 18 they would have gone on to be Liverpool legends. If Suarez played for Chelsea, we would have fucking hated him.

Yeah, maybe they're c*nts, I'd say certainly in Terry's case. But we've had our own c*nts, a fair few of them, and as long as they performed we supported them.

Basically, get the fuck over yourselves, some of you, and look past all the petty bullshit that is a part of football, but really shouldn't be a part of this.

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2015, 01:19:56 am »
If the crowd throw abuse at Terry, Drogba et al for this game, this one game, I'll be truly ashamed of our fans. And that hasn't happened in a very long time.

Truth is, had Drogba and Terry joined Liverpool at the age of 18 they would have gone on to be Liverpool legends. If Suarez played for Chelsea, we would have fucking hated him.

Yeah, maybe they're c*nts, I'd say certainly in Terry's case. But we've had our own c*nts, a fair few of them, and as long as they performed we supported them.

Basically, get the fuck over yourselves, some of you, and look past all the petty bullshit that is a part of football, but really shouldn't be a part of this.

Absolutely.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2015, 07:17:21 am »
Whatever people may think of John Terry, Drogba and Torres, they're giving their time to support good causes on Merseyside so it would be nice if we could hold off on the abuse for one game.

John Terry? Fucking no way, the rest of course.

John Terry - urgh if you could sum up a vile racist scumbag in 1 person it's him.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2015, 09:15:53 am »

The others, fair enough.

John Terry is fucking despicable and the likes of him shouldn't be invited to play at something that is for a good cause.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2015, 12:41:05 pm »
The others, fair enough.

John Terry is fucking despicable and the likes of him shouldn't be invited to play at something that is for a good cause.

Exactly.

There's nothing wrong with Drogba, he's a legend for another club. He should be welcomed and thanked.

Terry is a c*nt. He should be in jail. He is not a good human being, and shouldn't be invited into the City.

I would rather give Alex Ferguson head than shake John Terry's hand
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2015, 03:04:44 pm »
That`s a bold statement.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2015, 03:08:35 pm »

Terry is a c*nt. He should be in jail. He is not a good human being, and shouldn't be invited into the City.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Carra or Gerrard or whoever off their rockers inviting this shite to Anfield.

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2015, 03:59:10 pm »
I can put my hatred for John fuckin' Terry aside for 90 minutes. But asoon as that final whistle blows, I'll slate that prick til hes gone out of the North West.
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2015, 04:09:57 pm »
I can put my hatred for John fuckin' Terry aside for 90 minutes. But asoon as that final whistle blows, I'll slate that prick til hes gone out of the North West.

Like any mature adult should do.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2015, 04:36:17 pm »
People are free to do whatever they want, I know I won't be clapping or cheering a racist who sleeps with his mates' bird.

Other people's morals may be different than mine.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2015, 04:37:45 pm »
People are free to do whatever they want, I know I won't be clapping or cheering a racist who sleeps with his mates' bird.

I don't think anyone is expecting clapping or cheering. I think they are just saying some of the rabid abuse that they'd normally get in a league match could hopefully be left at home for this one charity game.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2015, 04:51:38 pm »

Same for me mate - a shame there's not more ex-Reds playing in this rather than Drogba and Terry.

Still hoping Baros, Cisse, Igor, Vladi, Djimi, Didi, Dudek, Finnan and some of the others from the CL runs in '05 & '07, or lads from the Treble from '01 will be featuring.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:54:13 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2015, 06:33:48 pm »
Who even said they'd boo him at the game? Nobody?

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2015, 11:41:29 am »
Forget that shit about other Reds legends being invited to turn out, I just want to old Bacon Face there  ;D

I would rather give Alex Ferguson head than shake John Terry's hand
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2015, 12:47:50 pm »
Just queued for 3 hours and nearly froze to death only for them to sell out just as I got to the gates. Bugger!

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2015, 03:33:56 pm »
Just queued for 3 hours and nearly froze to death only for them to sell out just as I got to the gates. Bugger!

I queued for over an hour online,  selected 2 tickets,  clicked on BUY and got a session timeout error (as did other Rawkites).  it then sent me back to the start,  queued for another 1 hour 20 only to then get presented with a  fully greyed out stadium = SOLD OUT.   Fortunately I have 2 tickets from the members sale last week,  these were for my friends,  but how difficult can it be for one of the biggest football clubs in the world to have a working online ticket system :(
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2015, 03:35:54 pm »

To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #195 on: March 11, 2015, 03:37:35 pm »
I queued for over an hour online,  selected 2 tickets,  clicked on BUY and got a session timeout error (as did other Rawkites).  it then sent me back to the start,  queued for another 1 hour 20 only to then get presented with a  fully greyed out stadium = SOLD OUT.   Fortunately I have 2 tickets from the members sale last week,  these were for my friends,  but how difficult can it be for one of the biggest football clubs in the world to have a working online ticket system :(

Same happened to a friend, and he had been waiting for ages having come from India only to not get tickets
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #196 on: March 11, 2015, 05:29:25 pm »
The others, fair enough.

Do you genuinely believe you'd hold that opinion if he was a Liverpool player?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #197 on: March 11, 2015, 07:20:36 pm »

I know I woul.  I'd hate him if he was my old man.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #198 on: March 11, 2015, 11:52:31 pm »
Same happened to a friend, and he had been waiting for ages having come from India only to not get tickets

System is still shit, you should get ticket number so that if something goes wrong while queuing or choosing tickets  then at least you get the chance to go back where you were. Waited for an hour, got bumped off then it was sold out. Had to be out for work in the morning so couldnt jump on till 9:30, still too late. Cousin called the number, still useless as ever.

Not sure if they have opened the entire stadium, does anyone know? Maybe they will have a further sale, they could sell this out 3 times over. instead we'll probably get c*nts touting tickets for 10times value with no extra going to charity
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2015, 12:01:34 am »
Many would, we recognised Diouf was a vile person.
It's a shame the twat is dominating the thread although I understand he'll be divisive until kick-off. I expect once the game is underway light-heartedness with some poignant banter towards him prevailing.