Author Topic: Individual Player Topics  (Read 65918 times)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: Individual Player Topics
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2014, 12:04:19 pm »
So no opportunity to discuss all the media reports about Gerrard and his current contract status? Maybe if we don't talk about things they won't happen.
Last time I looked you were able to start topics.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #161 on: November 1, 2014, 07:14:54 am »
Just out of curiosity, if a Gerrard thread has been opened, is that not an individual player thread? Maybe it would be better to dedicate a thread to contracts and such instead? Just a thought  :P
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 1, 2014, 09:22:23 am »
While discussion faltered in a quiet week it did show that people were only giving themselves things to talk about in player threads. Since then, we've had a much better set of threads with more team oriented discission, seeing the bigger picture. Working well for me.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #163 on: November 1, 2014, 09:44:49 am »
Just out of curiosity, if a Gerrard thread has been opened, is that not an individual player thread? Maybe it would be better to dedicate a thread to contracts and such instead? Just a thought  :P

No, it is a topic about a specific issue about a specific player. The distinction is important.

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: November 2, 2014, 07:27:30 am »

Hopefully it won't be concentrated to one thread.

Surely having it all in one thread is the best thing for it or you will just have Mario is shore etc etc all over every other thread ????????

Offline Hoodfella

• Attention seeker. ENT Speciallist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Strictly Morrocan Hashish - No Skunk here son!
    • TRIGGS VEGA
« Reply #165 on: November 2, 2014, 02:19:04 pm »
How do I mute somebody on RAWK? In all my years I've never needed to and only realised was an option other day when someone mentioned it in another thread....

Thanks in advance, prob not right thread but does that really matter?
« Last Edit: November 2, 2014, 02:41:43 pm by The 5th Benitle »
If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. 

Plato o Plomo - Pablo Escobar.

Hashish is both the cause of and solution to all of my problems!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #166 on: November 2, 2014, 02:28:24 pm »
Its all very RAWKish to want to mute this, delete that, ban this, ignore them.

Warts and all, people. Warts and all.......
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #167 on: November 2, 2014, 02:41:29 pm »
How do I mute somebody on RAWK? In all my years I've never needed to and only realised was an option other day when someone mentioned it in another thread....

Thanks in advance, prob not right thread but does that really matter?
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=317619.0

Offline Hoodfella

• Legacy Fan
    • TRIGGS VEGA
« Reply #168 on: November 2, 2014, 02:48:37 pm »
Its all very RAWKish to want to mute this, delete that, ban this, ignore them.

Warts and all, people. Warts and all.......
Its 2014, warts can and should be removed. Maybe you like having warts or viewing the warts of others? To each their own.

Oh, and its so very Rawkish of you to comment on something that doesn't concern you, but you just had to have your say didn't you? Warts and all.......

Thks Mr.Chiswick for link.
If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. 

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 2, 2014, 03:01:53 pm »
Its 2014, warts can and should be removed. Maybe you like having warts or viewing the warts of others? To each their own.

Oh, and its so very Rawkish of you to comment on something that doesn't concern you, but you just had to have your say didn't you? Warts and all.......

Thks Mr.Chiswick for link.
It does concern me massively, yours and others who would rather just delete, mute or hide it, than face 'it'.

I could call you a fanny for it and I dare say you'll run away to delete, mute or whatever the fuck it is people do these days who can't deal with varying levels of opinions, humour and views.

Its all getting very elitist and prim and proper is RAWK these days. Makes me wonder what matters most these days, what the posters think or what the image is that 'we' like to portray. and what others think about us.

Not a very Liverpool fan way of thinking that - worrying about what others think.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #170 on: November 2, 2014, 03:19:47 pm »
Snip
Maybe not quite the right thread for this discussion Chops but...

I think it's important to differentiate between muting certain people and deleting posts. Muting is a shithouse thing to do, deleting posts is the appropriate riposte to a seemingly ever growing problem.

Although deleting posts could be seen as trying to censor the masses and streamline the RAWK voice, I personally don't see it that way. It's done to remove the abusive and unconstructive posts which rain down in here in times of stress, not to hone the sites views in one direction. Free speech is all well and good until you give it to a dickhead! ::)

Muting people who don't agree with your viewpoint though, is tantamount to sticking your head in the sand and does smack of an elitist stance. It's defo not the way to go, the whole point of the site for me, is healthy debate. How can you do that if you mute everyone with a different point of view?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 2, 2014, 03:27:14 pm »
Nothing wrong with putting people on the ignore. I do it to mark out the posters I find incredibly tedious. Quite often I'll end up reading the post but it reminds me that I'm better off not replying and getting into a circular argument with them. I don't think anyone puts someone on it because they just disagree with their opinions.

Offline Hoodfella

• Legacy Fan
    • TRIGGS VEGA
« Reply #172 on: November 2, 2014, 03:28:22 pm »
Oh and chopper, talking about elitism, then you type your final paragraph genuinely too?

Gtfo

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #173 on: November 2, 2014, 03:32:31 pm »
Although deleting posts could be seen as trying to censor the masses and streamline the RAWK voice, I personally don't see it that way. It's done to remove the abusive and unconstructive posts which rain down in here in times of stress, not to hone the sites views in one direction.
That's pretty much spot on. Often it's just to keep things on track and make threads readable.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #174 on: November 2, 2014, 03:36:04 pm »
Listen, I'm muting someone who is a lick arse and that's on top of talking absolute bollocks.
I haven't read one of his posts in months as they make me heave. Nothing to do with differing opinions etc; just think he is a dikhead who chats shit.

Is that OK with you?
Mine was a general response in relation to the idea/s of muting and/or deleting posts and was not directed solely at yourself.

Your actions and decisions are your own but I do not appreciate the passive aggressive reply.
Gtfo
Or just plain aggressive.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2014, 03:38:38 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 2, 2014, 03:45:28 pm »
Yes, you're all right - hide, dodge ignore, ban, delete your way through the Internet.

One last question pop pickers  - what ever happened to the 'educate' ethos?...Turning back the clock did people ignore, ban, mute, delete the people who didn't understand Hillsborough or did you try and educate?........

Either way, this place has massively lost its edge due to all of this and the banning of player threads is sort of the final straw for RAWK being a credible Liverpool Football Club and team site, if you can't discuss players, regardless of what Joe from Devon or Mick from the Dingle thinks.

Its OK Titi, I've ignoredlymuted him now coz he disagreed with me and hurt my feelings. :P ;D

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #176 on: November 2, 2014, 03:48:22 pm »

Offline Redallover11

• Just behind Red Al Lover Number Ten in the Red Al Lover Queue
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2014, 04:38:55 am »
I think this thread is beginning to go the way of most player threads and the middle east or politics. Theres fuck all discussion just someone's point of view and if it is questioned or critiqued it is then defended to the hilt without a hint of contemplation. What's so wrong with seeing it from someone else's eyes. Its all a big ego trip to win an argument rather than enjoying others viewpoints.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2014, 05:24:40 am »
I think this thread is beginning to go the way of most player threads and the middle east or politics. Theres fuck all discussion just someone's point of view and if it is questioned or critiqued it is then defended to the hilt without a hint of contemplation. What's so wrong with seeing it from someone else's eyes. Its all a big ego trip to win an argument rather than enjoying others viewpoints.
Do you mean this thread?

Offline Redallover11

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2014, 01:07:12 pm »
Yes. It is like a lot of threads start out well but just ends up in petty squabbles missin v the crux of the op.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2014, 06:43:50 am »
Yes. It is like a lot of threads start out well but just ends up in petty squabbles missin v the crux of the op.
No they don't.

Oh.... Bugger
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Redallover11

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2014, 02:52:13 am »

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #182 on: December 3, 2014, 11:21:28 am »
Suso seems to be on his way back from injury. Found this link, but don't really know what to make of his agents comments.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/liverpool-midfielder-suso-happy-stay-anfield-over-ac-milan-transfer-1477814?

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 7, 2014, 10:18:39 am »
When are the player threads returning?

Will there at least be a vote on whether or not to return them?
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 7, 2014, 10:31:23 am »
When are the player threads returning?

Will there at least be a vote on whether or not to return them?
There was a vote mate.

In the staff room :)

It's unlikely that they will return in the previous format, however members are welcome to start a topic of specific interest or discussion about a player which is not simply about how much each person rates the player.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #185 on: December 7, 2014, 05:26:39 pm »
Could you also take a vote on Individual Player Usernames too please? ;) :D

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2014, 08:49:40 pm »
Any chance we could open up some individual forum member threads? Then we can post all their pearls of wisdom and snidey little gobshite remarks in them every time we lose, draw or win without the panache of a Brazil '70 team, every time the snivelling twats say "I hope I'm wrong but..." or every time the boss picks a player the miserable fucking quims don't like? And maybe do a running count on how many whining fucking posts they do each day? The fucking c*nts.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2014, 04:16:25 am »
Any chance we could open up some individual forum member threads? Then we can post all their pearls of wisdom and snidey little gobshite remarks in them every time we lose, draw or win without the panache of a Brazil '70 team, every time the snivelling twats say "I hope I'm wrong but..." or every time the boss picks a player the miserable fucking quims don't like? And maybe do a running count on how many whining fucking posts they do each day? The fucking c*nts.
Go ahead! Be kind with Fordy though, I like him.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2014, 05:26:20 pm »
Go ahead! Be kind with Fordy though, I like him.
Let's start with the poster below - FRESH FISH! FRESH FISH! macca's fingers are already itching.........

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 8, 2015, 01:52:28 pm »
Fordy's quote on Sterling deserves a subforum of it's own.

Offline catinthebag

• Anny Roader
  • perfection is underrated.
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2015, 03:45:18 pm »
I really miss the individual player threads.

Alright. So they were full of snide and stupid comments, but anyone could scroll past those. Now there isn't a place to really celebrate a player's achievements or to discuss performances. After years of RAWK, I suddenly feel rather lost.

I think I'll just sit down now. yes. if I stay here long enough perhaps a policeman will come along and take me home.
"I want to go back to Liverpool too, but nobody loves me." - Nicolas Anelka gets self-aware on hearing of Robbie's return to Anfield, FFT April '06

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2015, 10:31:00 am »
I miss them too. I suppose it comes down to how and why you use RAWK. For me I (used to) love spending hours a day reading through each thread about each player, enjoying the controversies, arguments and agenda's (never understood why one would have an agenda?...) along the way mixed in with the quality posts, tactical knowledge and emotive writing. 

I'm much more of a reader than a writer so these days it's all a bit boring. There's a whole lot less being posted these days and it all seems to me to be by a dwindling few.

At least I can get on with my life now.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2015, 06:20:24 pm »
They probably did generate more nonsense than any other type of threads. But they certainly generated more insight and interest as well. RAWK looks a bit anaemic without them.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2015, 06:24:33 pm »
I'd probably bring them back if I had a choice but I can't say I've noticed their absence much either way.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2015, 07:31:48 pm »
I'd probably bring them back if I had a choice but I can't say I've noticed their absence much either way.

Kind of agree with this.

Although having seen some of the shite our players are getting in post match threads and the transfer forum am reminded what they individual player threads could be like sometimes.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2015, 08:35:43 pm »
What about requiring longer posts like is required in a few threads recently? That has been a success it seems, but I don't know how much editting has been done by the mods in those threads. Maybe it is easy to just delete brain-dead short posts?

I agree, the individual player threads should never turn into a place to pillory our own players and throw cheap insults their way. Also, cheap short-term praise is positive but boring to have to scroll through too. It's lanour for the readers amd the mods.

Is there a way to have a player thread that is a 'discussion' of a player? That isn't creating too much work for the mods? Perhaps the longer posts requirement can do the trick?

For example, it would be great to have a thread for Markovic. He has been used as a WB, a number 10 and a wide striker. It would be cool to discuss where people see his talents being used the best. Some folks want him closer to goal, Some folks want him to run from deep. Some folks see him as a striker even. Can is another player that has different talents and has played different positions.

I hope the powers that be reconsider. Maybe allowing just 3 to start and see what happens? Maybe close player threads during and 48 hours after a match?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #196 on: January 18, 2015, 03:14:02 am »
I just find it amazing no one has started a Emre Can is boss thread yet.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #197 on: January 18, 2015, 03:16:37 am »

God, do I want to.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 18, 2015, 09:48:16 pm »

i came here to say the same...

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2015, 10:06:35 am »
Can I start a thread on Lucas' contract renewal?  :-X
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.