Author Topic: How many points would you expect in the next 5 league games - 2014/15 edition  (Read 98411 times)

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Man Utd v Aston Villa   Old Trafford   3       

Man Utd v Man City   Old Trafford       1   
Chelsea v Man Utd   Stamford Bridge   0       

Everton v Man Utd   Goodison Park       1   

Man Utd v West Brom   Old Trafford   3       

Crystal Palace v Man Utd   Selhurst Park    1       

Man Utd v Arsenal   Old Trafford       1   

Hull v Man Utd   The KC Stadium        3   

Can't you see the above happening?

I mean, it's in no way over. We just need to do our bit.

The away draws to Everton and CP nope.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Man Utd H  3 points 0 points
Arsenal A  1 points
Newcastle H 3 points
Hull A         3 point
WBA A       3 points

13 points 10 points

QPR H - 3 points
Chelsea A - 1 point
Palace H - 3 points
Stoke A - 3 Points

10 points.

Giving us a total of 77 points (I think we'll finish fourth on goal difference but equal on points with third placed Arsenal), which is brilliant after our slow start to the season. I also think we'll take this form into next season and we will challenge for the title, especially if we do well with transfers in the summer.

It's annoying that we have another international break now, meaning our game against Arsenal is a couple of weeks away, but I think we can draw with Arsenal. Us versus them is potentially going to be the FA Cup final game if we both make it, so it will be interesting to see how we play against them (although things will be a lot different if both of us do make it to the final).

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
While the "damage" was done at the beginning of the season, we turned it around and got within 1 game of going above them, what was needed was to continue that form and come out and press from the off and play with passion. We failed miserably in the first half to do that and were lucky to go into the half only 1 down. Hell we could have gone into the half as equals if Lallana had any finishing ability.

We got beat by a better team, it would take a massive misstep by either United or Arsenal for us to finish in the top 4, all we can do is try win every game left.

The thing is that they have to play each other, Arsenal have to play us and Chelsea, and United have to play Chelsea and City. There are enough chances for dropped points for us to take advantage of. But we have to beat Arsenal, and win the games after that up to the Chelsea game. It's not in our hands anymore, but we're not out of it.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
Man Utd v Aston Villa   Old Trafford   3       
Man Utd v Man City   Old Trafford       1   
Chelsea v Man Utd   Stamford Bridge   0       
Everton v Man Utd   Goodison Park       1   
Man Utd v West Brom   Old Trafford   3       
Crystal Palace v Man Utd   Selhurst Park    1       
Man Utd v Arsenal   Old Trafford       1   
Hull v Man Utd   The KC Stadium        3   

Can't you see the above happening?

I mean, it's in no way over. We just need to do our bit.

We also need to "other" teams to do their bit as well... the other teams don't have much left to play for except pride.
Hull the only exception as they might be fighting for survival.
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Damage was done at the start of the season, the match against the Mancs if truth be told was a disgrace and failure of mammoth proportions, to perform like we did with knowing what was at stake was Ridiculous, we have a real bad habit of shooting ourselfs in the foot, to me top 4 finished yesterday, it will take Utd and Arsenal to collapse and for us to win seven of are remaining eight..... can't see it.

The thing is that they have to play each other, Arsenal have to play us and Chelsea, and United have to play Chelsea and City. There are enough chances for dropped points for us to take advantage of. But we have to beat Arsenal, and win the games after that up to the Chelsea game. It's not in our hands anymore, but we're not out of it.

What happened in September, happened in September. Nothing could be done about it now.
What happened yesterday, could have been prevented. We were set, in the worsest of worst of mother of all the circumstances, a draw. We could have stepped up. But then again no use talking about it now.

We need to get our shit together and make players realise that winning the remaining 8 games remains the ONLY way thats left to us to do from our side. What happens with the Mancs and Arsenal doesnt matter to us. We need to ensure that we do our job clean.

Offline Fowllah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What the fuck was I thinking with this pseudo?
By the time they play each other, they'll be worrying about us and I predict we'll be looking forward to one or both of them dropping points.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Everton's Man at the BBC (McNulty) rekons we'll finish on 68 points - 10pts off 4th.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Everton's Man at the BBC (McNulty) rekons we'll finish on 68 points - 10pts off 4th.

That sounds about right to be honest.

Arsenal (A) - 0
Newcastle (H) - 3
Hull (A) - 3
West Brom (A) - 1
QPR (H) - 3
Chelsea (A) - 0
Crystal Palace (H) - 3
Stoke (A) - 1

For a total of 14 points, added to the 54 we have already gives 68. More isn't out of the question of course but those are pretty realistic predictions I think.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I would be gutted if we finished 9 points behind 4th. I don't think we will get 4th now but we need to take momentum into next season. We cannot just let it fizzle out.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Even tho Sturridge hasn't been at his best, i hope that his latest injury [the hip apparently] isn't too serious otherwise we're going to struggle even more so. Skrtel out for three matches puts a damper for us at the back, not confident in Lovren or Toure as replacements.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That sounds about right to be honest.

Arsenal (A) - 0
Newcastle (H) - 3
Hull (A) - 3
West Brom (A) - 1
QPR (H) - 3
Chelsea (A) - 0
Crystal Palace (H) - 3
Stoke (A) - 1

For a total of 14 points, added to the 54 we have already gives 68. More isn't out of the question of course but those are pretty realistic predictions I think.

I think Chelsea will be Champions when we go there, can see us getting at least a point.  If we need to beat Stoke on the last day - we will.  Fairly optimistic but I think we'll end up with at least71 points.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:00:45 pm by exiledintheUSA »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Just for comparison's sake (although it has no bearing on our season). In 2012-2013, at this same juncture in the season, Arsenal were in 5th place, with 47 points, 4 points behind Spurs, who they were about to play at White Hart Lane. They lost the game 2-1, to make a 7 point gap behind Spurs, and a 5 point gap behind Chelsea, in 4th place. From that point on, they didn't lose a game. Within two games, they'd forced their way into the top four, and stayed there for the rest of the season, finishing in 4th by 1 point. So there is a lot of football to be played, and a lot can happen between now and then. We have 8 games left, so a two blocks of four games. 20 points from those 8 games will give us 74 points. If we can't make top four with 74 points, then fair play to whoever is ahead of us. But if we make 74 points, and United drop 2 games, we're in. It's not in our hands, but we can't give up yet.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Just for comparison's sake (although it has no bearing on our season). In 2012-2013, at this same juncture in the season, Arsenal were in 5th place, with 47 points, 4 points behind Spurs, who they were about to play at White Hart Lane. They lost the game 2-1, to make a 7 point gap behind Spurs, and a 5 point gap behind Chelsea, in 4th place. From that point on, they didn't lose a game. Within two games, they'd forced their way into the top four, and stayed there for the rest of the season, finishing in 4th by 1 point. So there is a lot of football to be played, and a lot can happen between now and then. We have 8 games left, so a two blocks of four games. 20 points from those 8 games will give us 74 points. If we can't make top four with 74 points, then fair play to whoever is ahead of us. But if we make 74 points, and United drop 2 games, we're in. It's not in our hands, but we can't give up yet.

For me, a major factor is also our goal difference. It's far inferior to the rest, and even if we do claw it back and go on an unreal stretch of form again (not dropping points against Arsenal (a) and Chelsea (a)), it might hold us back.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
For me, a major factor is also our goal difference. It's far inferior to the rest, and even if we do claw it back and go on an unreal stretch of form again (not dropping points against Arsenal (a) and Chelsea (a)), it might hold us back.

Possible, but I'd rather lose out on goal difference, as painful as it is. It shows that for all intents and purposes, we are a top four team. Given our bad early season, it would give the other clubs pause for thought going into next year's campaign. If we can't make top four this year, we need to at least send a message to the others that we're back in business.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Possible, but I'd rather lose out on goal difference, as painful as it is. It shows that for all intents and purposes, we are a top four team. Given our bad early season, it would give the other clubs pause for thought going into next year's campaign. If we can't make top four this year, we need to at least send a message to the others that we're back in business.

Fully accept that. Would be a real shame, but considering our form at the start of the season, it would be a fantastic upturn which can only bode well for the future.

Saying that, I don't think we'll make it, but we've done well to get this far already. Really do hope that we don't get caught by Spurs/Southampton if we do lose a couple more.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Fully accept that. Would be a real shame, but considering our form at the start of the season, it would be a fantastic upturn which can only bode well for the future.

Saying that, I don't think we'll make it, but we've done well to get this far already. Really do hope that we don't get caught by Spurs/Southampton if we do lose a couple more.

For me, we always needed to win all the 6-pointers, and we failed with the most important one. If we lose to Arsenal, then it's gone for sure.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
For me, we always needed to win all the 6-pointers, and we failed with the most important one. If we lose to Arsenal, then it's gone for sure.

Absolutely. Massive game for us and with our record there I'm not too confident. Hope we don't lose any more players to the international break and we can field a tactically sound team to at least get us a draw there.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
He's predicting that Arsenal, United and Chelsea will win every game but the one's where they face each other. Can't see that happening.

Offline GG8

• Legacy Fan
  • Löndön is Red.
We are your last game in the horrible run of fixtures you have had. Since you went to Goodison you have 5 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat and have hosted United Spurs and City and had tough trips to Swansea, high flying Southampton and your neighbours in the derby.

That's a great return no matter what way you look at it. It's just unfortunate the defeat was at the hands of your closest rivals when the top four was finally in your grasp. But as has been said, still lots of football to be played and you get another bite at the cherry straight away coming to us and the chance to put a rival right back in your sights.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
Completely agree.

I think a lot of what we have seen in terms of predictions is shaped by the fact that we lost to a direct rival in a devastating way (Gerrard s/o, United controlling first half etc.).  But we need to do our best to marginalise the effect of losing both games to United.  It's all about our response now.  We need to respond in a similar way to how City responded to what seemed to be the title decider at Anfield.  City won as many games as they could to put pressure on us and it worked.

We have some very winnable games coming up.  And 2 which we need to manage (Arsenal & Chelsea).  6 wins & 2 draws or 7 wins will take us very close to the top 4.  If anything it's a lesson we need to take from our next opponent, Arsene Wenger, who seems to have an emotionless response to defeats and just ensures his side keep picking up points.

There's still a lot of football to be played.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
Just to add we need to learn from last season's naivety to an extent.  After we lost to Chelsea we should have ensured that City needed 86 points to win the league.  Instead we imploded at Palace chasing a near impossible goal difference. 

City were 0-0 at home to Villa at 60 mins 2 days later.  But still knew that they could take the title if they drew and beat West Ham on the final weekend.  We didn't apply enough pressure. 

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
We are your last game in the horrible run of fixtures you have had. Since you went to Goodison you have 5 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat and have hosted United Spurs and City and had tough trips to Swansea, high flying Southampton and your neighbours in the derby.

That's a great return no matter what way you look at it. It's just unfortunate the defeat was at the hands of your closest rivals when the top four was finally in your grasp. But as has been said, still lots of football to be played and you get another bite at the cherry straight away coming to us and the chance to put a rival right back in your sights.

Just make sure you humiliate United second last game of the seseason.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan

We have some very winnable games coming up.  And 2 which we need to manage (Arsenal & Chelsea).  6 wins & 2 draws or 7 wins will take us very close to the top 4.  If anything it's a lesson we need to take from our next opponent, Arsene Wenger, who seems to have an emotionless response to defeats and just ensures his side keep picking up points.

We're quite good at putting disappointments behind us under Rodgers. Think we've only had back-to-back defeats in the league twice since he's been here. I'm expecting us to come out a play a lot better against Arsenal, although I think no matter how well we play we'll need them to have a bit of an off day to win.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck knows anymore.

A disastrous season looked like it was being salvaged into an okay season, now looking like it's been returned to shite by the ridiculous actions of two of our most senior players.

:no
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck knows anymore.

A disastrous season looked like it was being salvaged into an okay season, now looking like it's been returned to shite by the ridiculous actions of two of our most senior players.

:no

Two loses in the league since December is pretty decent, I'm sure we will get over this quickly and go again.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Two loses in the league since December is pretty decent, I'm sure we will get over this quickly and go again.

We will but its probably meant we will fail to achieve our seasons league aims. 

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
We will but its probably meant we will fail to achieve our seasons league aims. 
Yes to both. It just shows that out problem was not the United game, it was the first three months of the season.

And I'm with PoP on that we have to win far more 6-pointers.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And here's how we will get those 74.. pipping those c*nts by 1 point..  :wave

We need to go unbeaten in our next 8 games..

Given what we have done since Christmas, that’s very much possible. We just need to ensure we don’t lose to Chelsea and Arsenal and ensure we pick up maximum points against the rest.

At the same time, we need help along the way from a few teams when they play United.. namely from City, Chelsea and Arsenal and one other team… I have picked Everton to do us a huge favour  ::)

Given my predictions I see us getting 4th by the skin of our teeth. 6 wins, 2 draws and 0 losses, while United pick up 4 wins, 2 losses and 2 draws during the same period to finish on 73 points, while we get 74.

Liverpool                                              United

Arsenal 2 – 2 Liverpool (D)                  Man United 1 – 0 Aston Villa (W)

Liverpool 4 – 0 Newcastle (W)                  Man United 1 – 2 Man City (L)

Hull City 1 – 3 Liverpool (W)                  Chelsea 3 – 1 Man United (L)

West Brom 1 – 2 Liverpool (W)                  Everton 1 – 1 Man United (D)

Liverpool 4 – 1 QPR (W)                     Man United 1 – 0 West Brom (W)

Chelsea 1 – 1 Liverpool (D)                  Crystal Palace 1 – 2 Man United (W)

Liverpool 2 – 0 Crystal Palace (W)               Man United 1 – 1 Arsenal (D)

Stoke City 1 – 2 Liverpool (W)                  Hull City 1 – 2 Man United (W)

;)
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Let's be honest, we've been very good this calendar year. But the season start was an abomination beyond the career of Adam Sandler,
and we went and lost the ONE fucking game we couldn't afford to lose.

Who know in this league, Villa could go and beat United at home, wouldn't surprise, that much anyway.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone broken next seasons fixtures into blocks of 5? Hopefully the target of 10points from every 5 games makes the list seem less daunting

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
Did it myself, instead of being lazy
Stoke A
Bournemouth H
Arsenal A
West Ham H
Man Utd A

Norwich H
Aston Villa H
Everton A
Spurs A
Southampton H

Chelsea A
Crystal Palaca H
Man City A
Swansea H
Newcastle A

West Brom H
Watford A
Leicester H
Sunderland A
West Ham A

Arsenal H
Man Utd H
Norwich A
Leicester A
Sunderland H

Aston Villa A
Everton H
Man City H
Crystal Palace A
Chelsea H

Southampton A
Spurs H
Stoke H
Bournemouth A
Newcastle H

Swansea A
Watford H
West Brom A

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
Rodger's teams tewnd to start the season a bit late but this time our hard fixure should push us to deliver early on. I guess 10 out of 15 from the first 5 would be the maximum in that case. If we start the season as usualy probably more like 5 out of 15.

Offline ArthurDent

• Knows where his towel is!
  • Kopite
10 pts (WWLWD)

Stoke A
Bournemouth H
Arsenal A
West Ham H
Man Utd A
"Stop thinking about money. Only think about football." Jürgen Klopp 9th Oct 2015.

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
7 pts (LWLWD)

Stoke A
Bournemouth H
Arsenal A
West Ham H
Man Utd A
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
10 points from the starting 5 games is an absolute must.

We can afford to lose one and draw one. I would say Arsenal draw and United loss.

Stoke, Bournemouth and West Ham - Wins!

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
7 pts (LWLWD)

Stoke A
Bournemouth H
Arsenal A
West Ham H
Man Utd A

Agree with you on 7, maybe different games.  We could get a draw at Stoke but lose to ManUtd.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Defeat at Stoke and the pressure is on right from the off. I'd be amazed if we got more than 7 points, I actually think we'll win our two home games and lose all three away from home, 6 points.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline nevoo36

• Not One Of Us.
  • Kopite