Author Topic: How many points would you expect in the next 5 league games - 2014/15 edition  (Read 98355 times)

Online sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
Re: How many points would you expect in the next 5 league games - 2014/15 edition
« Reply #120 on: September 5, 2014, 05:37:31 pm »
If we wanna win the league then we need to win all the games. hopefully 15 points. think we'll get 13 though.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline sikingthegreat1

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: How many points would you expect in the next 5 league games - 2014/15 edition
« Reply #121 on: September 5, 2014, 07:04:00 pm »
hoping for 15, think we'll get 13
below 13 will be a disappointment

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: September 6, 2014, 12:49:32 am »
I'm a worry wart. So I hope for 15 and expect 12-13. I want us to win so bad, as we all do but I am in a constant state of fear til the final whistle.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #123 on: September 6, 2014, 08:08:44 am »
Possible 15

Thinking 11

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #124 on: September 6, 2014, 08:10:28 am »
Hopefully Sturridge's injury doesn't affect too much.
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #125 on: September 6, 2014, 04:37:26 pm »
Hopefully Sturridge's injury doesn't affect too much.

Mario Balo can prove himself here, maybe...
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 6, 2014, 05:56:22 pm »
Many of you have West Ham away marked down as a win, I think it is our most dangerous fixture over the next 5. Last year we scraped a win with two penalties, something that surely isn't gonna happen again. Plus West Ham do show signs of improvement. They create more chances and shots than before. Credit where credit is due, Fat Sam is changing their style of play. I can see them finish in the top half.

Think we have much better chance beating a West Ham team that tries to play on the deck than the brute strength physical maul they tried last year. Could still see Sam reverting to type though. Hard to call but expect a win. Head says 15. Heart says 15. Caveat that it's footy and anything can happen.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #127 on: September 6, 2014, 06:44:57 pm »
Mario Balo can prove himself here, maybe...
We all hope that, but it's a bit early, we're not even sure Balo' is fully match fit yet, let alone integrated into the team
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #128 on: September 6, 2014, 06:49:22 pm »
Many of you have West Ham away marked down as a win, I think it is our most dangerous fixture over the next 5. Last year we scraped a win with two penalties, something that surely isn't gonna happen again. Plus West Ham do show signs of improvement. They create more chances and shots than before. Credit where credit is due, Fat Sam is changing their style of play. I can see them finish in the top half.

Have you read the first page?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #129 on: September 6, 2014, 06:59:53 pm »

We will teach West Ham what an attack is supposed to look like.

There's nothing more vulnerable than a manager trying to change his core philosophy
Better looking than Samie.

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 6, 2014, 07:10:49 pm »
For champions league, an average of 2 points a game is the general expectation. So, 10 points and any extra's a bonus :)

Offline Coutinholycow

• King Midas. If he pays £50m for a single tomato, that tomato is worth £50m.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 6, 2014, 10:05:09 pm »
They need to at least match what they did last season to stay on track.  The way I look at it, with a home win vs Southampton they are already 3 points ahead.  Those 3 points will be massive later.

vs Villa - 1 point ; but no reason they can't turn that into a win, especially without Benteke.  Lets say 3
@ West Ham - 3 points; do it again
vs Everton - 3 points; do it again
vs WBA - 3 points; do it again
@ QPR - better be 3; Liverpool took all 18 points vs the relegated teams last season, therefore I expect 18 points vs the 3 promoted teams this season or they could be in the muck.  Can't lost their extra points from the Southampton win in those games.

I expect 15 points.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 6, 2014, 10:13:15 pm »
For champions league, an average of 2 points a game is the general expectation. So, 10 points and any extra's a bonus :)
Spot on
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 6, 2014, 10:19:21 pm »

There's nothing more vulnerable than a manager trying to change his core philosophy
They made us walk, a mile to their ground, and played a un-watered pitch. We should reciprocate the gentlemanly behaviour.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #134 on: September 7, 2014, 02:40:13 am »
Spot on
going to need more than 76 points to get CL this season I'd put a lot of money on it
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #135 on: September 7, 2014, 06:25:11 am »
going to need more than 76 points to get CL this season I'd put a lot of money on it

I agree. It'll be around 80-82 for 4th place it looks like. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Arsenal miss out this year :) It was United's turn last year after 18 years to miss out, and it'll be Arsenal this year after 16.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 7, 2014, 08:42:42 am »
I agree. It'll be around 80-82 for 4th place it looks like. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Arsenal miss out this year :) It was United's turn last year after 18 years to miss out, and it'll be Arsenal this year after 16.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think this?  One of the teams will turn out to be a disappointment, probably United but possibly Arsenal (or us).  I would say there's very, very little chance that 77 points doesn't get you a CL place, much less 82.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 7, 2014, 09:10:17 am »
Out of curiosity, what makes you think this?  One of the teams will turn out to be a disappointment, probably United but possibly Arsenal (or us).  I would say there's very, very little chance that 77 points doesn't get you a CL place, much less 82.

I just think that despite how much we'd all like United to fail spectacularly like last season, unfortunately they have a better manager than last season as well as a way better, if slightly imbalanced, squad. It's not good enough across the board for a title challenge, but it IS good enough to take the race for 4th down to the last 2-3 games of the season. At which point, Arsenal choke spectacularly and lose out (hopefully).

I also don't think we'll see as many surprise results as last season, where Sunderland and Villa beat Chelsea and Cardiff beat City. I know Stoke have already beaten City this season which shits all over the point I'm trying to make, but that's normal for City. They start off poorly, but once they get into their stride they won't be losing to teams 7th and lower.

The top 4 (plus United) are too strong for the rest of the teams this time around. United especially look like they'll be trying to do what we did last season. Compensate for an average defence by going for all out attack. They won't have it easy against the top-7, but the rest should fold.

Which is why I think 5 teams will get very close to, or surpass, the 80-point mark.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #138 on: September 8, 2014, 06:18:59 am »

Without Mr Elbow-assault playing up top I think we'd breeze it against them as he's their only goal/foul threat against us. Upton Park is a slippery venue though, probably has something to do with all that soap they're always blowing onto the pitch at kickoff  ::)

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #139 on: September 8, 2014, 06:26:18 am »
I disagree. Champions league teams are generally of a higher quality and bring a winning pedigree.

Dropping points away to west ham is much more frustrating than a draw at Basel for example.

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 8, 2014, 06:31:55 am »
We should get 15 if we can push on from the Spurs performance.

Would still be delighted with 13. Would mean we're exceeding targets and are maintaining momentum.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #141 on: September 8, 2014, 12:26:53 pm »

But 15 would be nice and 10 would be awful

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #142 on: September 9, 2014, 08:04:39 pm »

I doubt that there's much hard evidence to suggest this is true.

Over the last ten years the average points totalled by the 4th place side is 72pts [with not a lot of variation away from that 72pt mark] and if I'm not wrong [I'm working away from home n don't have my wee spreadsheet to remind me] over the last five years it's 70pts.

While there is evidence to suggest the sides at the top end of the table are getting stronger [relative to the mid-table teams] there's no evidence that they're achieving higher points totals [ten year average for 1st place has actually dropped from 89pts to 88pts at the end of last season].

Added to that, there is evidence that in the season after a WC the winning total drops by an average of 4pts.

I think it's reasonable to assume [at this stage] that the winner will be in the 84 - 86pts range with the next three places spread out below them between 2 and 13pts adrift.

Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #143 on: September 9, 2014, 08:12:04 pm »
Villa, 3, nothing more at this stage
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Mali1

• No chance. Not all. Never. Hope died long ago, left dangling pitifully and listlessly from my tree of despondency and despair. Oh yes.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #144 on: September 9, 2014, 09:32:53 pm »
In every 5 games, if we can get 12 out of 15 points then we will reach 90points. That will easily win us the league.

If we can win against Villa, Westham, and Everton then we are on track.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #145 on: September 9, 2014, 10:13:54 pm »
I just think that despite how much we'd all like United to fail spectacularly like last season, unfortunately they have a better manager than last season as well as a way better, if slightly imbalanced, squad. It's not good enough across the board for a title challenge, but it IS good enough to take the race for 4th down to the last 2-3 games of the season. At which point, Arsenal choke spectacularly and lose out (hopefully).
You are basically rooting for United against Arsenal, right? I find it strange given your username and all.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2014, 04:27:28 pm »
I think 11/15 from the first 5 games could be considered title winning form (considering the opposition). Hoping for 12/15 which I think puts us ahead of the game in the title race.

From here though over the next five 13/15 is about par to maintain a title challenge. I'd love 15/15 but we've got a lot of players to bed in so I'd be happy just to hang in there till Christmas, it's then. I'd look to go on a long run similar to the last two seasons.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2014, 04:45:15 pm »
You are basically rooting for United against Arsenal, right? I find it strange given your username and all.

Oh, no no. Spurs sneak in but go out in the qualifiers :) And yes, I'm from the future.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2014, 05:09:59 am »
Well that was a big kick in the balls, wasn't it?  It's now imperative I think that we HAVE to win thr next 4 if we are to keep pace with Chelsea before they come to Anfield. Won't be easy given the fact we play 6 games in...what...20 days?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2014, 05:23:26 am »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2014, 05:43:16 am »

Offline KForshaw

• Kemlynite
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2014, 05:24:35 pm »
 :-\

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2014, 05:25:35 pm »
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2014, 06:31:18 pm »

7 from West Ham Away, Everton Home, West Brom Home, QPR Away, Hull Home

Which two are we losing?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2014, 07:16:19 pm »
8 from this block (so including the Villa game) so 8 from the next 4. Two wins, two draws. If we can sneak in an extra win to take us to 10 from 5 games, then we're back to that lovely 2PPG line and I'd be happy.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2014, 07:39:35 pm »
6 points from the first 5 games.
1,2 points per game.
This isn't good enough even for 10th place.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2014, 07:40:02 pm »
 :lmao
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
I'm gonna count the 3 first and go with 6 more in the next 2 for a total of 12 in the first 5 games, which would be a great start to the season (including away games to 2 of last years top 6).
Well, that didn't go too well.

So far..

01. Liverpool v Southampton 3p
02. Man City v Liverpool 0p
03. Tottenham v Liverpool 3p
04. Liverpool v Aston Villa 0p
05. West Ham v Aston Villa 0p

6/15

Next 5, expecting

06. Liverpool v Everton 1p
07. Liverpool v WBA 3p
08. QPR v Liverpool 3p
09. Liverpool v Hull 1p
10. Newcastle v Liverpool 3p

11/15

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
07. Liverpool v WBA 3p
08. QPR v Liverpool 3p
09. Liverpool v Hull 1p

11/15

You haven't learned the lesson have you? ;D

Everton we'll beat because they fold at Anfield. 3pts
West Brom will probably shut us out, and we look too impotent to get anything. 1pt
QPR will raise their game, might surprise our lads and come flying out the blocks. 0pts
Hull will be typically Steve Bruce. 0pts
Newcastle will be determined under their new manager. Great performance sees them 3-2 winners. 0pts

4pts "would be Utopia".  :scarf
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Well, that didn't go too well.

So far..

01. Liverpool v Southampton 3p
02. Man City v Liverpool 0p
03. Tottenham v Liverpool 3p
04. Liverpool v Aston Villa 0p
05. West Ham v Aston Villa 0p

6/15

Next 5, expecting

07. Liverpool v WBA 3p
08. QPR v Liverpool 3p
09. Liverpool v Hull 1p

11/15

we need to work harder and should be getting  at least 12 from those games to be honest.