Author Topic: New on here  (Read 2192 times)

Offline MrDub

• Anny Roader
  • Bumber clot!
New on here
« on: January 7, 2003, 04:16:33 pm »
:wave

Hello. Just thought I would join here. I knock around on the LFC official boards as well. Have recognised a few names from there already.

Someone (think it was Wooly) posted on there that Alan Smith had been seen at Anfield today and posted the address of this site. Thought I would take a butchers.

NICE!!!  ;D

I IS A RED 4EVER

YNWA
"I always say the same thing. What is the difference between 4-3-3 and 4-5-1? Only whether you play the wingers deep or high. Then if you press the other team they will play deep, 4-5-1. And if you cannot press them because they are stronger than you, they'll play 4-3-3. People talk about systems, but maybe they don't know a lot about systems.

Offline cyn

• Archivist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:New on here
« Reply #1 on: January 7, 2003, 05:38:21 pm »
Hello :D

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 7, 2003, 05:45:33 pm »
Hello :D

:o I'm like cyn ;D
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 7, 2003, 06:00:23 pm »
Welcome.

Offline HistoryGirl

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Twitter Account
« Reply #4 on: January 7, 2003, 06:30:04 pm »
Hiya MrDub- word of advice post on here and not offal all they ever want is an argument
Welcome to the forums! ;D
YNWA... You'll Never Walk Alone
Justice for the 96

My twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/historygirllfc

Pheeny

« Reply #5 on: January 7, 2003, 06:30:27 pm »
Hello

Offline Missus

• South coast Sally
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 7, 2003, 08:08:10 pm »
Welcome to RAWK :wave

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #7 on: January 7, 2003, 08:51:07 pm »
Hello and Welcome :wave

ps.

www.anfieldshrine.com sorry  ;D

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 7, 2003, 10:32:13 pm »
Hello mate :wave
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline TOGH

• Give me a G, give me an R ....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Glittering Prizes And Endless Compromises
« Reply #9 on: January 7, 2003, 11:24:06 pm »
:wave hello........... can i poke the newbie now?  ;D  8)
Meh

Offline Jon G

• I'm Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and number and I'll get back to ya. PM Jon Hall if you can read this...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 78 stone wobble
    • not mine
« Reply #10 on: January 7, 2003, 11:33:45 pm »
:wave hello........... can i poke the newbie now?  ;D  8)

:o :o :o
NOTHING GREAT HAS EVER BEEN ACHIEVED WITHOUT PASSION - CARRAGHER 23

Offline Wilbur

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 8, 2003, 02:19:44 am »
Hola!
Nineteen, we want nineteen.

Offline Aidan_B

• Trust me, I am a doctor. HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gone, perhaps forgotten
    • EnviroBuild
« Reply #12 on: January 8, 2003, 02:24:38 am »
lo

Offline MrDub

• Anny Roader
  • Bumber clot!
« Reply #13 on: January 8, 2003, 10:21:55 am »
Yeah hi everyone. I feel at home here already.

Thanks for the tip that everyone wants to argue but I kind of presume it is much the same as the official LFC forum where everyone slates each other as well. Such is life though and although I dislike arguing too much, I am ready for ya ;D
"I always say the same thing. What is the difference between 4-3-3 and 4-5-1? Only whether you play the wingers deep or high. Then if you press the other team they will play deep, 4-5-1. And if you cannot press them because they are stronger than you, they'll play 4-3-3. People talk about systems, but maybe they don't know a lot about systems.

Offline liverweb

• Statto
  • Legacy Fan
  • www.liverweb.org.uk - Your one stop site for LFC
    • Liverweb
« Reply #14 on: January 8, 2003, 10:39:15 am »
Alright la

nice to see more people coming along all the time :)

http://www.liverweb.org.uk - for all your LFC stats.

Check out every LFC Result and Lineup ever and info on players past, present and for the future!

Subscribe to the Liverweb mailing list at liverweb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Offline Barrettski

• No longer stuck to a goat or anything else with a beard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A teenage dream is so hard to beat
« Reply #15 on: January 8, 2003, 01:09:00 pm »
Yeah hi everyone. I feel at home here already.

Thanks for the tip that everyone wants to argue but I kind of presume it is much the same as the official LFC forum where everyone slates each other as well. Such is life though and although I dislike arguing too much, I am ready for ya ;D

I think you're wrong, there's no arguing here.  This is a local site for local people.  We'll have no trouble here.

Meanwhile... bienvenue a RAWK

;D
Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple - Bill Shankly.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #16 on: January 8, 2003, 01:39:53 pm »
Just don't touch the precious things!

Offline MrDub

• Anny Roader
  • Bumber clot!
« Reply #17 on: January 8, 2003, 02:13:18 pm »
Wahey league of gents fans as well.

OK question for you...

What was the butcher selling under the counter?

Have you worked it out yet? :-X ;)

Online Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #18 on: January 8, 2003, 05:14:22 pm »
twas Human wasnt it? Human that is kept in a cage.

RedLoner

« Reply #19 on: January 8, 2003, 06:24:16 pm »
Welcome. And here's a survival tip for you:
Whenever we lose a match, i.e. after every match lately, the forum is taken over by a few angry sado-masochists and hordes of Hun invaders from the official site, who come here in search of GH, because they want his head.

Weather the storm for a couple of days, and eventually the sado-masos calm down, and the Huns leave because there's nothing left to burn and GH isn't on this forum, or they're banned by the moderator.

Enjoy the site.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2003, 08:13:22 pm by Bed_Worm_ChickenFC »

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 8, 2003, 06:44:45 pm »
Do you mean www.thehun.com ? :P
4-4-2 Sucks

RedLoner

« Reply #21 on: January 8, 2003, 06:59:20 pm »
I wish they would invade :lickin
Unfortunately it's the other Huns. :but

Pheeny

« Reply #22 on: January 8, 2003, 07:15:16 pm »

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #23 on: January 8, 2003, 07:21:00 pm »
I think fifi (whisky lover) features on there quite alot.  ;D

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 8, 2003, 07:23:21 pm »
Go and check out Tony ;) Just take it from your favourites :P
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline MrDub

• Anny Roader
  • Bumber clot!
« Reply #25 on: January 9, 2003, 09:43:07 am »
Yeah thanks Bed Worm but I have been a member of the official LFC site for a long time and it is much the same there. I am not an Anti Houllier brigade member... I actually support the team and the manager and the club.  Some people have very short memories plus I don't think you can place the blame for a bit of a dip entirely at his door. I think he should change some things i.e. sell some dead wood and stop changing the team so much but I always remain that he should know better than us and I do trust him.

I don't understand some of the things he does like play Traore instead of Riise when Traore is clearly struggling of late but ours is not to reason why!!! I am also a little uncomfortable with his faith in Smicer and I really don't think he deserves the number 7 given the history associated with the number.

But thats all my gripes... I actually like Biscan ;D

Anyway has anyone figured out what the butcher was selling in League of Gentlemen?

It took me a while to figure it out and it is shocking. It is never said in the program but there are massive clues...

Anyone?

Offline Barrettski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 9, 2003, 09:49:28 am »
Put us out of our misery Dubstar...

Or I'll ask for a "Biscan" at the barbers shop and then you'll be sorry.
Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple - Bill Shankly.

Offline MrDub

• Anny Roader
  • Bumber clot!
« Reply #27 on: January 9, 2003, 10:52:26 am »
:lickin

The clues in his name!

I already have the Biscan look. It really pulls the women

RedLoner

« Reply #28 on: January 9, 2003, 03:53:42 pm »
Yeah thanks Bed Worm but I have been a member of the official LFC site for a long time and it is much the same there. I am not an Anti Houllier brigade member... I actually support the team and the manager and the club.  Some people have very short memories plus I don't think you can place the blame for a bit of a dip entirely at his door. I think he should change some things i.e. sell some dead wood and stop changing the team so much but I always remain that he should know better than us and I do trust him.

I don't understand some of the things he does like play Traore instead of Riise when Traore is clearly struggling of late but ours is not to reason why!!! I am also a little uncomfortable with his faith in Smicer and I really don't think he deserves the number 7 given the history associated with the number.

But thats all my gripes... I actually like Biscan ;D

Anyway has anyone figured out what the butcher was selling in League of Gentlemen?

It took me a while to figure it out and it is shocking. It is never said in the program but there are massive clues...

Anyone?

Good opinions. I used to be on offal but posted very little. Not all people there are Huns  ;D but some of them come here to vent their anger in a very irrational way.

Welcome again fellow red.

I'm still clueless as to your riddle  ???
« Last Edit: January 9, 2003, 03:54:13 pm by Bed_Worm_ChickenFC »

Offline MrDub

• Anny Roader
  • Bumber clot!
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2003, 10:19:59 am »
still no answers...

His name was Hilary Briss ;D

Remember... the clue is in his name...

What is a Briss?

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2003, 10:52:40 am »
Yeah thanks Bed Worm but I have been a member of the official LFC site for a long time and it is much the same there.

On the contrary : it's a million times worse there.

Welcome !

Offline MrDub

• Anny Roader
  • Bumber clot!
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2003, 12:36:35 pm »
Yes you are right. I am pleasantly surprised by the lack of fools on here. .tv gets hammered everyday with threads on "sell Owen" "sack GH".

Fools I tell ya

I get a bit bored with it to be quite honest. I would rather have some reasonable discussions about where we could perhaps improve rather than someone just spout off the cuff kak that means nothing and just provokes argument and frustrations.

I know there aren't that many happy LFC supporters at the mo given the bad run and all but as long as you remain true to the ethic of hope in your heart and stand up and show what support is then you cannot argue.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2003, 09:43:01 pm »
briss i think is a hebrew word for circumcision.

ouch!
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2003, 10:23:03 pm »
Welcome mate.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2003, 10:31:24 pm »
:lickin

I already have the Biscan look. It really pulls the women

How wrong can you get, but hello anyway!
Never give up

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2003, 10:31:59 pm »
ello

Offline MrDub

• Anny Roader
  • Bumber clot!
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2003, 09:30:09 am »
Ha ha luddite has it. Foreskins from under the counter... ouch indeed. Briss is the Jewish circumcision festival. His name was Hilary Briss. The next trime you watch it all the wway through you will see more clues.

Hi everyone... thanks for the welcome. I like it here! :)

The Biscan look works for me and the luverly ladies honest ;D

Offline Barrettski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2003, 01:09:09 pm »
Briss (noun) -
 1. the Jewish rite of circumcision performed on a male child on the eighth day of his life
Synonyms: Berith, Berit, Brith, Bris

Please tell me it's not... ?

Offline MrDub

• Anny Roader
  • Bumber clot!
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2003, 01:20:40 pm »
I canee tell a lie. It took a while to work out but what confirmed it is when Hilary almost starts salivating in the Gents when he peers over to the chap at the next Urinal. I thought thats a bit odd at first but it all makes sense now... still can't explain why it gives you nose bleeds though :)