Author Topic: Round Table: LFC 1-0 QPR.  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Round Table: LFC 1-0 QPR.
« on: May 20, 2013, 01:05:44 am »
Usually the Round Table will discuss the intricate tactical aspirations of the team, but today it seems fitting that we ask only one question:

What's your favourite memory of Carra?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:34:31 am by Hinesy »
Yep.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Re: Round Table: LFC 1-0 QPR.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 01:36:45 am »
What's your favourite memory of Carra?

A non-footballing one:

His reaction to the coin thrown at him against Arsenal. If ever there was a moment that epitomised the image of Carragher as a man of the people, a working class lad who made it through grit, hard work, luck and not a little talent, that was it. The moment when he realised what happened, and the incredulous look on his face, the way you would react if an old woman on the road lobbed a raw onion at you, was the true measure of the man. He was one of the lads, a local boy made good, who always remained a local boy. In the age of primadonnas, player branding, image rights and PR staff, that moment exemplified Carragher as the real deal - a man who showed that you don't have to have the feet of Messi or the trickery of Ronaldo to be a world class player. Drive, commitment, hard work and loyalty are just as viable. Carragher makes you think that it's possible. When I coach young players, I don't point them to Messi or Ronaldo. I point them to Carragher. Because he is one of us.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 02:49:07 pm »
PoP, unfortunately I remember his coin toss as being a proper girly throw.

Favourite? Can't remember where I heard this but the story was about Carra chatting with Sheringham while on England duty. Carra was young and very impressed with Jurgen Klinsmann, who was playing with Sheringham at the time. Sheringham said to Carra, here, I have his mobile, I'll call him and you can say hello. Carra was completely shocked and when he was handed the phone, he couldn't think of anything to say. So he said the first thing that popped into his head.

"Jurgen?"
"Yes?"
"Get a fuckin' haircut!"

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 02:53:22 pm »
Taking Adrian Durham to task live on air  :wave
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

royhendo

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 06:26:37 pm »
It might sound daft, but I think maybe it was that shot yesterday. It was a moment that'll stay with me for the rest of my days, that.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 07:40:47 pm »
Chasing down the ball onto their corner flag against Spurs when the media was after Rafa's head. Just absolute commitment and a clear desire to not be in any way accused of falling short when the manager's job was on the line.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 07:50:53 pm »
join in!
Yep.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 07:55:26 pm »
join in!
Technically and seeing as it has a more scouse flavoure, that should really read 'Gegg in!'

I remember him screaming and pointing and screaming and pointing and screaming and pointing and some more screaming.

More of an aggressive bricky, than a cultured centre-halve for Liverpool Football Club.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 07:56:22 pm »
Really recent one, but when he was coming off the pitch after injuring his arm, I think it was Kyriagos replacing him and he was taking his time about it. So Carra stopped talking to the medic about his injury, gave the Greek a mouthful, then worried more about himself. Epitomised his desire to see the club win at all costs.

Been funny thinking that was his last game yesterday.....it's just not quite sinking in.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 08:03:25 pm »
"Who's bigger than Liverpool?"
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 08:08:00 pm »
For me it's Istanbul, but it's when we win it. The abiding memory I have of that moment, and that night, is Carra just running towards Dudek jumping in the air, socks pulled down, half running half limping, not having a clue what to do with himself.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 08:10:12 pm »
Probably the first one I had. him scoring from a header against villa (I think) a very long time ago, and me asking myself ."Who's that?"

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 08:29:28 pm »
Playing through cramp in Istanbul - watching him from behind the goal and willing him to keep going.

Of course he kept going - which is why it's so difficult to come to terms with the fact that he can't keep going any more.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 08:52:41 pm »
Getting on air and giving it back to the twattish presenter who had been sniping at him on the radio!
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 10:00:06 pm »
I will always remember his crucial high pressure penalty against Birmingham in the league cup final.

First trophy in six years, the first i could remember. 

The biggest run up ever!

No time for caution.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 10:02:03 pm »
been around  a long time - you can't just have one - Istanbul alone had a good dozen

few have already been mentioned but when he cramps up again on the podium was hysterical
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 10:25:42 pm »

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 12:51:26 am »
It might sound daft, but I think maybe it was that shot yesterday. It was a moment that'll stay with me for the rest of my days, that.

Just watching it now, and even in that game I think he prefers the chase back to prevent a corner a few minutes later.

My abiding image of Carragher is him bent over trying to get his breath back after some last ditch heroics (or lung busting chase of someone twice his speed), at least five times a game.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Round Table: LFC 1-0 QPR.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 01:22:48 am »
That cracking strike against QPR. I feel it summed him up. He passed up a few opportunities to shoot, simply because Carra shooting from 30 yards is a terrible option...and then when he finally decided to have a pop at the limelight, the football gods stepped in and drifted it into the post, as if to say..."The limelight is not for you son, get back and defend."

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 01:26:28 am »
The goal against Fulham.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 04:01:00 am »
Gudjohnsen!
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 04:04:34 am »
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jamie+Carragher+Liverpool+v+Brighton+Hove+75uVBATm4WBl.jpg

Thought this was great. Him shepherding off a streaker  :) Always makes me laugh. Wonder how many other players would react the same way.