Author Topic: PREVIEW: Fulham v Liverpool - Sunday 12 May - 15.00 k/o  (Read 29791 times)

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PREVIEW: Fulham v Liverpool - Sunday 12 May - 15.00 k/o
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2013, 09:01:24 pm »
I suspect that with nothing to really play for, and any kind of pressure gone, we'll beat them, and we'll beat them easily.

Even with the kids.

Here's hoping we get a pen and Carra takes it!

Offline Deadlock

• Boys Pen
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2013, 09:27:08 pm »
My first post on here.I see that a few want to send out youngsters for the last 2 games but i think it should be the strongest 11 players  for both games to try to finish the season on a high and keep the momentum over to the next season but maybe use a few young players as subs if things are going good on the pitch.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2013, 09:30:30 pm »
My first post on here.I see that a few want to send out youngsters for the last 2 games but i think it should be the strongest 11 players  for both games to try to finish the season on a high and keep the momentum over to the next season but maybe use a few young players as subs if things are going good on the pitch.
Could this game have the enveloposity and jiffyinality to ease a seasons lack of delivery in areas?

Oh, and hello. :wave
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2013, 09:36:18 pm »
I think these two games, if not already - provide a good opportunity to formulate a concrete idea of who if he (Rodgers) were in doubt needs to see the exit door. Some players are playing for their LFC careers, because a 7th place finish is not the level we aspire to, which means ultimately some players are short of the desired grade.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2013, 09:37:49 pm »

Isn't it kind of difficult, if not impossible, to "keep the momentum over to the next season", though?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:01:34 am by GrkStav »
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Deadlock

• Boys Pen
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 10:08:28 pm »
sorry maybe not the right word but what i was thinking is that we are unbeaten in 6 or so games and winning the last 2 games would keep that momentum going and hopefully tick over to next season if we keep the core of the squad.Anyway it can't be bad for the team  winning more games

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 11:04:18 pm »
I just want to see my boy Borini get a shot to lead the line from the start. But it's not happening  :(
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2013, 12:02:55 am »
sorry maybe not the right word but what i was thinking is that we are unbeaten in 6 or so games and winning the last 2 games would keep that momentum going and hopefully tick over to next season if we keep the core of the squad.Anyway it can't be bad for the team  winning more games

Certainly not. You're 100% right on that. Win the last two games simply because it's always best to win two-out-of-two games.

Had we won the matches vs Reading and West Ham, it would have been much better.
Ludi Circenses!

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2013, 12:38:40 am »
Hopefully we see another 5-2 like I predicted back in 2011. Going for a cheeky 4-1 to us this time

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2013, 12:47:28 am »
Think we're gonna batter these lot, these are shite.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2013, 12:54:31 am »
Think we're gonna batter these lot, these are shite.

Have been shite aye, earlier in the year they were a solid little outfit. Lets hope they have already gone on their hols and our players haven't too.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Supersuarez7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2013, 01:11:30 am »
Have been shite aye, earlier in the year they were a solid little outfit. Lets hope they have already gone on their hols and our players haven't too.

So the only chance of us winning comfortably is if they have taken their eyes off the ball? absolute fucking shite, we should be turning over Fullham everyday of the week, and if our players have mentality like yours then i would fuck them all off regardless. This bollocks about us struggling against teams like Fullham, Reading, Villa, Southampton etc needs to be fucking nipped in the bud, they can come and park the bus but about 100-150m difference in squad and wages says we should be twatting these c*nts all the time, end of, and if we don't then we only have to look within.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2013, 01:14:35 am »
So the only chance of us winning comfortably is if they have taken their eyes off the ball? absolute fucking shite, we should be turning over Fullham everyday of the week, and if our players have mentality like yours then i would fuck them all off regardless. This bollocks about us struggling against teams like Fullham, Reading, Villa, Southampton etc needs to be fucking nipped in the bud, they can come and park the bus but about 100-150m difference in squad and wages says we should be twatting these c*nts all the time, end of, and if we don't then we only have to look within.

:wave :lickin

Bet you licked your lips as you wrote that.... completely misrepresented my post, yer gimp.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Supersuarez7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2013, 01:20:14 am »
:wave :lickin

Bet you licked your lips as you wrote that.... completely misrepresented my post, yer gimp.

Enlighten me then, what are you actually saying  :wanker

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2013, 01:23:03 am »
Enlighten me then, what are you actually saying  :wanker

That our players hopefully will not have switched off for the summer like theirs...... thought that was evident, apologies if it wasn't.

In future, perhaps ask eh? rather than running yer fat mouth off... after all we're one big family here, doesn't hurt to ask first, rather than ask questions later.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Supersuarez7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2013, 01:27:45 am »
That our players hopefully will not have switched off for the summer like theirs...... thought that was evident, apologies if it wasn't.

In future, perhaps ask eh? rather than running yer fat mouth off... after all we're one big family here, doesn't hurt to ask first, rather than ask questions later.

Hahaha you said you hope they have switched off and we hadn't, if they had not should that deter us from twatting them? lol and no offence but maybe you need to be clearer about what you actually mean so people don't take your posts for  other shite huh? no offence fat mouth  ;D

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2013, 01:30:59 am »
Hahaha you said you hope they have switched off and we hadn't, if they had not should that deter us from twatting them? lol and no offence but maybe you need to be clearer about what you actually mean so people don't take your posts for  other shite huh? no offence fat mouth  ;D

Did i not apologise if i wasn't clear?

I explained myself again... but never mind... you can add to the clowns who have found themselves on this site shouting off.

Enjoy yerself lad  :champ

And yes, we should be favourites here.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Supersuarez7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2013, 01:38:09 am »
Did i not apologise if i wasn't clear?

I explained myself again... but never mind... you can add to the clowns who have found themselves on this site shouting off.

Enjoy yerself lad  :champ

And yes, we should be favourites here.

You're correct, you did, though being well versed in British humour and sarcasm I decided to take with a rather large pinch of salt, hope you don't mind.

Regardless like I said we should be beating a low mid table team like Fullham everyday of the week even if they haven't decided to go on their jolly's just yet, suggesting otherwise is weak IMHO (in my humble opinion) we need a group of players who can grind out results with these kinds of teams week in and week out. They don't need to be world beaters but they do need to have the correct mentality about them and realise who they are playing for, we are not and will never be a mediocre mid-table team, if they cannot up their game and play with some pride then they had best look elsewhere.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2013, 01:43:35 am »
They don't need to be world beaters but they do need to have the correct mentality about them and realise who they are playing for, we are not and will never be a mediocre mid-table team, if they cannot up their game and play with some pride then they had best look elsewhere.

Which was precisely why i said we should be playing fringe players, ones that Brendan may not be sure of, because it gives them the opportunity to demonstrate they are or are not "liverpool standard" You know players like Skrtel for example who have been kept out.

These games are about learning who is going to make the transition from this season into the next, perfect opportunity to put those who's heads are on the block out there to prove themselves (or not) as the case may be.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Supersuarez7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2013, 01:56:38 am »
Which was precisely why i said we should be playing fringe players, ones that Brendan may not be sure of, because it gives them the opportunity to demonstrate they are or are not "liverpool standard" You know players like Skrtel for example who have been kept out.

These games are about learning who is going to make the transition from this season into the next, perfect opportunity to put those who's heads are on the block out there to prove themselves (or not) as the case may be.

No offence btw just sometimes hard to tell the real posters from the WUM's lol and I have grown to like you  :lickin

The likes of Kelly, Borini, Sterling, Suso, Shelvey, Skrtel etc? Fully agree, still mythed about dropping Skrtel for Carra this year to be honest though he hasn't had the best of seasons but he is a seasoned professional and will shine with regular games IMO, Kelly is going to be a beast.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2013, 01:59:26 am »
Precisely mate - fringe players who have struggled this year should be fielded with the brief 'earn your liverpool careers' - theres a reason we're gonna finish 7th, and players are a pivotal role in that. Give those players the chance to prove themselves one way or another i say.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Supersuarez7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2013, 02:02:58 am »
Precisely mate - fringe players who have struggled this year should be fielded with the brief 'earn your liverpool careers' - theres a reason we're gonna finish 7th, and players are a pivotal role in that. Give those players the chance to prove themselves one way or another i say.

Slightly off topic, where has Sterling been the latter half of the season, has he been injured or just hasn't been chosen to play?

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2013, 02:16:21 am »
Slightly off topic, where has Sterling been the latter half of the season, has he been injured or just hasn't been chosen to play?

Brendan said not long after January that Sterling looked jaded and he wouldn't play again this season (guessing Coutinho coming in played a role)

I'd fully expect however Raheem should be pushing for a place in the overall squad next season.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2013, 02:29:23 am »
'Kin hell, get a room or a divorce solicitor you!

Haven't seen such a love hate relationship since the Mouth/Harvest Fields fiasco!

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2013, 02:58:19 am »
I'd agree and would like to see some of the kids/fringe players tried, we've got a fair few senior players out and neither side has much to play for.

No Suarez, Gerrard, Agger, Allen or Sterling for this so I'll say:

Reina, Wisdom, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Henderson, Lucas, Suso, Coutinho, Sturridge, Borini

Would be nice. We've got a few other players also crying out for senior minutes like Robinson, Assaidi, Shelvey, Coates....though I doubt we'll see any of them to be honest.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2013, 03:09:13 am »
Come on Redmen!
Always liked Suarez against them, ah well! Hope Sturridge shows up more than inDerby. Shelves best form has been when replacing Gerrard do will be good to see him again.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2013, 03:20:17 am »
If Lucas, Henderson and Shelvey start, will Shelvey be central in a 4-2-3-1 or will he be on the left flank of a 4-3-3 as he was deployed to good goalscoring success at Blackpool when he was there on loan?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2013, 04:18:39 am »
At this point in the season, we should be using games like this to do what we should have been doing more often this year by giving opportunities to squad members and younger players. Players like Coates should be starting the last two games. Assaidi, Suso, Shelvey, Sterling,  Wisdom, Coady etc should also be given a look-in longer than a five minute cameo at the end. Players who haven't had much rest this season like Lucas should be placed on the bench to start an early summer. We can't qualify for Europe and can't go any lower in the table. It's unlikely, we'd leap Everton either. Fulham only need a point to stay up, but likely won't go down due to goal difference. Thus this game is a great no pressure opportunity to have these players give themselves a legitimate shot at playing for us next season, or at worst putting themselves in the shop window.

Offline MagicLuis

• Kemlynite
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2013, 05:36:53 am »
Must start with the strongest team available. 61 points definitely looks better than 57-58 points, regardless of the position doesn't it? 9 point improvement from last season? Nothing to be laughed at. Shouldn't be any half measures in these 2 games. Win both and end the season on a high, unlike what we did the last coupla years.

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2013, 05:59:35 am »
At this point in the season, we should be using games like this to do what we should have been doing more often this year by giving opportunities to squad members and younger players. Players like Coates should be starting the last two games. Assaidi, Suso, Shelvey, Sterling,  Wisdom, Coady etc should also be given a look-in longer than a five minute cameo at the end. Players who haven't had much rest this season like Lucas should be placed on the bench to start an early summer. We can't qualify for Europe and can't go any lower in the table. It's unlikely, we'd leap Everton either. Fulham only need a point to stay up, but likely won't go down due to goal difference. Thus this game is a great no pressure opportunity to have these players give themselves a legitimate shot at playing for us next season, or at worst putting themselves in the shop window.

Hopefully this will not be interpreted as "just putting down a formation":

Gulasci
Wisdom Skrtel Coates Robinson
Henderson Shelvey
Assaidi Suso Coutinho
Borini

then?

Too many youngsters/fringe-players all at once? Cameo for Carragher late on?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2013, 08:53:42 am »
Carra's last away game, writing that just gave me goosebumps, And not the ones I'd get from seeing mila kunis take off her clothes. Truly it will be a sad occasion but hopefully one with a golden sky (see what I did there!!) at the end of it with a great result for the Redmen.

I really think we could knock a few past them, it's not that we were bad at Everton, we just lacked a little cutting edge in the final third against a team who've only lost 6 games this season and drawn about 15 (from memory). Fulham are a different beast all together, a beast that just got humiliated by Reading 4-2 so if we can't win here I think serious questions need to be asked about out attacking movement.

Hope shelvey plays well, I really like the guy and think he is one step away from being a good premier league player for us, as is Suso. Also got to hope Borini get a couple between now and the end of the season to send him on his holidays with confidence for next season.

I'm going for a well done 3-0, borini and Sturridge x2. Maybe we can get a pen for Carra. Come on you Redmen!!!

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2013, 11:28:37 am »
I'd like to see Sturridge play a little deeper and hopefully find a bit of space between the Fulham defence and midfield. Borini up top and Coutinho and Downing either side.
 Expecting a tepid 1-1 draw.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2013, 11:31:22 am »
Can't see us winning. They need something out of this game to be sure of staying up and I expect them to get it. No Gerrard/Agger/Suarez is a big hole.

Offline hem1987

• As thick as a whale omelette.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live where we are LOL
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2013, 11:32:06 am »
What is the name of away end of fulham. please help

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2013, 11:44:02 am »
Carra's retirement aside I'm struggling to think of a less meaningful last 2 games. There was 05/06 of course as by now we'd already nailed 3rd place...
Cool down and play

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2013, 11:50:25 am »
Neither side has anything to play for both on holiday mode yeah this won't be pretty,  0-0.

Offline Mrs P

• Kemlynite
  • Do or do not.... There is no try
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2013, 12:31:20 pm »
There must be another thread for this but can someone point me in the direction of any spare tickets that might be available?

Thanks in advance

Ticket exchange still open- post your request you might get lucky

Offline Mrs P

• Kemlynite
  • Do or do not.... There is no try
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2013, 12:32:01 pm »
What is the name of away end of fulham. please help

It's the Putney end.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2013, 12:34:53 pm »
Carra's retirement aside I'm struggling to think of a less meaningful last 2 games. There was 05/06 of course as by now we'd already nailed 3rd place...

Last season

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2013, 01:48:20 pm »
Hopefully we just score a few goals. Thought we'd cock up in either this or the QPR game but if we win them both and Everton lose/draw or lose/lose we could still get 6th. Not all over yet.

But you know, if we'd have beaten them, maybe even twice...  ::)