Author Topic: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership  (Read 346640 times)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
Re: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership
« Reply #1480 on: February 29, 2012, 05:40:48 pm »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1481 on: February 29, 2012, 05:42:34 pm »
I can't see anyone giving Carragher a lack of respect in this thread.

I wasnt being specific to this thread Hazell. But many people on here seem to have a real issue with him.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1482 on: February 29, 2012, 05:44:47 pm »
I wasnt being specific to this thread Hazell. But many people on here seem to have a real issue with him.

I think that's accurate, rightly or wrongly. Probably not the right place to discuss that though.

Think people in here have been simply discussing the footballing merits of his place in the squad/team.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1483 on: February 29, 2012, 05:45:22 pm »
Sad to see some people views on Carra lately, he has served the club superbly well and the lack of repsect he gets for it is something youd' expect from Chelsea fans.
I appreciate he's past his best days but give the man a break eh!

It's not sad to see its progression players get old and younger players take their place.

It's happened since the beginning of Football the sad part is people railing against it just because of where a player comes.

We didn't have these illogical reactions when the likes of Sami Hypiia or Steve Finnan were being replaced by the next generation.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #1484 on: February 29, 2012, 05:47:56 pm »

It's just time to let go, kind of reminds me of one of the last scenes in Marley & Me, Kenny Dalglish can be Owen Wilson and will you know the rest.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1485 on: February 29, 2012, 05:53:33 pm »
Sad to see some people views on Carra lately, he has served the club superbly well and the lack of repsect he gets for it is something youd' expect from Chelsea fans.
In fairness I don't think you're the best person to be taking the moral high ground, given your attitude towards Rafa.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1486 on: February 29, 2012, 05:56:28 pm »
In fairness I don't think you're the best person to be taking the moral high ground, given your attitude towards Rafa.
Ha ha, you could almost substitute Rafa for Carra in his post there, and he'd have an epileptic fit.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1487 on: February 29, 2012, 05:57:11 pm »
You make him sound like some teenage recruit from Crewe. When in reality...

No, it'll take years yet before Coates is ready to take the field for Liverpool. Years and years. Maybe even longer.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1488 on: February 29, 2012, 06:00:02 pm »
No, it'll take years yet before Coates is ready to take the field for Liverpool. Years and years. Maybe even longer.
Plus he's inexperienced, so naturally we can't dare risk playing him until that changes.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1489 on: February 29, 2012, 06:04:58 pm »

In fairness Im entitled to any opinion I feel mate. Like it or lump it.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1490 on: February 29, 2012, 06:05:50 pm »
I think that's accurate, rightly or wrongly. Probably not the right place to discuss that though.

Think people in here have been simply discussing the footballing merits of his place in the squad/team.

Yep fair do's.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1491 on: February 29, 2012, 06:06:56 pm »
Ha ha, you could almost substitute Rafa for Carra in his post there, and he'd have an epileptic fit.
Yep, as ever mate spot on. Brilliant.

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #1492 on: February 29, 2012, 06:11:57 pm »
Groundhog Day has returned to RAWK yet again, this is all too reminscent of when the Agger/Skrtel Partnership was starting to come to fruition. A time when the Bootle Baggage's Royal Guard were out in full force defending their daredevil.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1493 on: February 29, 2012, 06:15:53 pm »
Plus he's inexperienced, so naturally we can't dare risk playing him until that changes.

That's right. It would be crazy to play him before he's racked up at least 50 games. I'd wait until then.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: February 29, 2012, 06:31:12 pm »
Coates is ready...we didn´t buy him to let him sit on bench, actually we bought him becouse we couldn´t get Jones and we wanted Jones to play CB immediately, becouse Agger was injured that time as well...The reason Coates didn´t played that many for us is becouse of Aggers longer period without injury..

Coates needs to play immediately, otherwise he won´t learn nothing... he has more experience than Jones did for playing few games for Blackburn...Coates played high pressure matches for his country against best south america teams and was named player of the tournament..

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #1495 on: February 29, 2012, 06:35:40 pm »

Only logical, of course...

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1496 on: February 29, 2012, 06:58:53 pm »
Unfortunately Steve Clarke isn't registered so who do you suggest ?   
Alan Hansen or your mucker, that Carragher chap perhaps?

This game is too soon for Coates, if people can't see that then my only conclusion can be; is that their letting their dislike for Carragher on a personal level outweigh what is best for the team for this 90 minutes. Maybe next season with a few more games under his belt, but now, no.

What a laugh if he played Coates though eh! :lmao
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: February 29, 2012, 07:19:08 pm »
i might ask , was the game to soon to play Flanagan or Robinson? i think they ended up very good at their first games..

was Robinson experienced when playing against Arsenal? he was one of best players that day...

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #1498 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:18 pm »
Anyone following Slovakia game, is Skrtel playing, shame Agger is injured and ruins the great partnership. Carra will probably fill in yet I fear it with his slow pace and hoof tactics although  will probably make up for it with last ditch tackles and to be fair he has played along the ground bit more last game. Still definately need a DM to cover the area between CM and backs due to deeper line which is always evident with Carra in the side.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1499 on: February 29, 2012, 07:45:55 pm »
You make him sound like some teenage recruit from Crewe. When in reality...

yep ridiculous he was a 20 year old recruit with 50 senior games to his credit.........whos looked shakey in two out of the three games he's played -  its like reading the youth and reserve thread and wondering why Silva, Wisdom, Sterling, Morgan, Sterling, Coady or Sterling should be playing - how can you argue against potential - when a player gets better the less he plays?

I thought Coates was signed not least for his aerial ability - same reason I thought Skrtel was signed - putting them together is that really a good thing - bit like adam and gerrard - its just not a good combo is it?

dinosaur speak but I thought we looked for one player to attack the ball the other to cover the second ball and for them to work as a pair - aren't these two both the attacking CB rather than the covering player? That would imply next season if Skrtel is absent Coates plays - Agger and its Carra or Wisdom or Wilson?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1500 on: February 29, 2012, 11:04:40 pm »
Anyone following Slovakia game, is Skrtel playing, shame Agger is injured and ruins the great partnership. Carra will probably fill in yet I fear it with his slow pace and hoof tactics although  will probably make up for it with last ditch tackles and to be fair he has played along the ground bit more last game. Still definately need a DM to cover the area between CM and backs due to deeper line which is always evident with Carra in the side.

yes he was playing and we won 1-2 in Turkey... great game from our two wing diamonds Stoch and Weiss, both scored.. :)

royhendo

« Reply #1501 on: February 29, 2012, 11:07:19 pm »
Kelly did well at CB for England U21 and Wilson for Scotland U21 tonight.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1502 on: March 1, 2012, 12:17:28 am »
Kelly will play at rb if johnno is still injured and will have whoever plays for the arse at lm in his pocket.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1503 on: March 1, 2012, 01:26:00 am »

Remind you of the 2 year contract that was shoved in front of him by Cecil on his way out the door? Just pointing that out.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #1504 on: March 1, 2012, 04:09:08 am »
Remind you of the 2 year contract that was shoved in front of him by Cecil on his way out the door? Just pointing that out.

Is Carra the only Liverpool player who is allowed to take his kid to the podium to receive a trophy? Are other players allowed to do that? That's why he is Mr. Liverpool. Anyone still doubt his influence in the Club?
Back to the topic, I hope Coates will be given more chances to start.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1505 on: March 1, 2012, 04:12:56 am »
Is Carra the only Liverpool player who is allowed to take his kid to the podium to receive a trophy? Are other players allowed to do that? That's why he is Mr. Liverpool. Anyone still doubt his influence in the Club?
Back to the topic, I hope Coates will be given more chances to start.
Well, Stevie has girls... The others are not local lads. Not defending Carra, but not slaying him for it either.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1506 on: March 1, 2012, 07:12:24 am »
Well, Stevie has girls... The others are not local lads. Not defending Carra, but not slaying him for it either.
I had no idea only men are allowed up there.  :o

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1507 on: March 1, 2012, 07:30:28 am »
I had no idea only men are allowed up there.  :o

His missus wants his girls kept out of footy. It'd be a different story if he had a lad.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1508 on: March 1, 2012, 07:56:49 am »
What has "local" got to do with anything? It's not relevant to the debate of Coates vs Carragher, but I know a fair few people thought in hindsight that allowing Carragher's 10-year-old son to be the second person to actually lift the trophy was a little inappropriate.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1509 on: March 1, 2012, 08:31:40 am »

I'd love for us to start looking forward and utilising these players, or Coates, instead of Carra - in a similar way that Maxi/Kuyt, both starting for their countries yesterday, are making way for Henderson to get time to develop. Because they're the future, let's grow them in the team and maybe their talent will blossom and not whither away on the bench.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: March 1, 2012, 09:38:46 am »
Any official news on Agger yet?
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1511 on: March 1, 2012, 10:52:09 am »
Loved the last few pages.

Reminds me when the brigade was out defending Carragher's position in the team at the start of the season, despite a mistake a game, thankfully they shut up when Agger and Skrtel finally got their chance and were too good to be dropped.

Coates should get his chance.

Funny how no one complained when young Jack Robinson and young Flannagan played against Arsenal last season...
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #1512 on: March 1, 2012, 10:58:26 am »

Reminds me when the brigade was out defending Carragher's position in the team at the start of the season, despite a mistake a game, thankfully they shut up when Agger and Skrtel finally got their chance and were too good to be dropped.

Funny how no one complained when young Jack Robinson and young Flannagan played against Arsenal last season...
Who else was available at LB?
(Robinson was outstanding v Walcott)

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1513 on: March 1, 2012, 11:02:40 am »

Thats it mate, people have an emotional attachment to carra and thus his mistakes will be brushed under the carpet. They remember him for the player he was and he was some player but he has looked anything but convincing this season. People will point out coates looked shaky against oldham, well carragher aswell but funny that won't get mentioned.

Our defence looked shaky as hell till we got agger and skrtel pairing and we seemed to be a more compact unit as a result.

This may seem like an attack on carra but its not, I've loved the guy over the years but his decline has been evident and to use experience as an argument to play him considering how poor he has been this year for me doesn't stick. The lack of experience and organisational skills were used as points for not pairing agger and skrtel but those were blown away the moment they paired together and showed they're both good enough to organise a defence and could deal with big games without carra holding there hand throughout the game.

Offline eeayeaddio

• Main Stander
« Reply #1514 on: March 1, 2012, 01:19:33 pm »
Thats it mate, people have an emotional attachment to carra and thus his mistakes will be brushed under the carpet. They remember him for the player he was and he was some player but he has looked anything but convincing this season. People will point out coates looked shaky against oldham, well carragher aswell but funny that won't get mentioned.

Our defence looked shaky as hell till we got agger and skrtel pairing and we seemed to be a more compact unit as a result.

This may seem like an attack on carra but its not, I've loved the guy over the years but his decline has been evident and to use experience as an argument to play him considering how poor he has been this year for me doesn't stick. The lack of experience and organisational skills were used as points for not pairing agger and skrtel but those were blown away the moment they paired together and showed they're both good enough to organise a defence and could deal with big games without carra holding there hand throughout the game.
It's got nothing to do with emotional attachment and if Kyrgiakos was still here, I think I'd opt for him over Coates. And it's not the same as with Flanagan and Robinson - we had no choice but to play them (and Robinson as a sub), and Flanagan had already impressed against City. I wouldn't like to throw Seb in unnecessarily against Arsenal in a high pressure game.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #1515 on: March 1, 2012, 01:26:07 pm »
What has "local" got to do with anything? It's not relevant to the debate of Coates vs Carragher, but I know a fair few people thought in hindsight that allowing Carragher's 10-year-old son to be the second person to actually lift the trophy was a little inappropriate.

I kind of thought it was as well, but only to a certain extent. The way I read it though is that Carra's seen the writing on the wall. He know's that was probably his last chance to lift a trophy with the club and he wanted his lad to be a part of it. I wouldn't begrudge him that to be honest.. And I don't think it's anything to do with him being local, more to do with the fact that he's been at the club since way before that kid was even born - that's got to count for something in my book.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1516 on: March 1, 2012, 02:57:59 pm »
I kind of thought it was as well, but only to a certain extent. The way I read it though is that Carra's seen the writing on the wall. He know's that was probably his last chance to lift a trophy with the club and he wanted his lad to be a part of it. I wouldn't begrudge him that to be honest.

Nor would I, which was why I was surprised that, having hauled the lad up all those dancers and put him second in line behind Gerrard, he went on to snatch the wee lad's hand away from the trophy when the moment came. Conflicting messages for the little chap there Jamie.

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1517 on: March 1, 2012, 03:04:22 pm »
Just saw the Echo say it's a fractured rib.
again?
Time to put Dagger on a forced diet of milk, bananas and bloody chalk if needed. How brittle can you be... *sigh*
Hope he recovers swiftly.

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1518 on: March 1, 2012, 03:04:54 pm »
I kind of thought it was as well, but only to a certain extent. The way I read it though is that Carra's seen the writing on the wall. He know's that was probably his last chance to lift a trophy with the club and he wanted his lad to be a part of it. I wouldn't begrudge him that to be honest.. And I don't think it's anything to do with him being local, more to do with the fact that he's been at the club since way before that kid was even born - that's got to count for something in my book.

I'd go along with that.

Sunday could easily be the last time he lifts a trophy for the club and I don't blame him for getting his lad up there with him. Especially after 15 years of service.

That said, if we win the FA Cup I don't think the same should happen again.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #1519 on: March 1, 2012, 03:12:35 pm »

To be fair we don't know if Carra was allowed either. He just did it. I'm sure if Dirk had grabbed his kid and just walked him up there he wouldn't have been stopped.

I mean who is gonna mess with this?